Warrior Combat logs.

Comments

• Like as an example falmiis and gero 2v1 were able to stop my wound build up with falmiis doing shieldslam and webs while gero was building for the kill. 
  • edited December 2016
    Just getting started... looking for some PB 1v1 and group logs. @Veyils logs have given me a sense of a warrior role in group combat, but would prefer a PB look at it.

Thoughts and questions below:

Am I wrong in the assumption that there seem to only be a few... good modifiers for 1v1? I was mapping them out by limb/wound level and only tendon and disembowel really jumped out at me as far as pushing an exsanguinate goes. 

Is the twist modifier any good?

Is there a downside to using a modifier as far as wounding goes? As in, am I better off just dry striking to build wounds or can I mix in modifiers as I go?

This is more Ebonguard specific, but is totems or tracking more beneficial? If totems, crow or night? 

Any and all information is welcomed! Thank you in advance. 
  • Tyamit said:
    Just getting started... looking for some PB 1v1 and group logs. @Veyils logs have given me a sense of a warrior role in group combat, but would prefer a PB look at it.

Thoughts and questions below:

Am I wrong in the assumption that there seem to only be a few... good modifiers for 1v1? I was mapping them out by limb/wound level and only tendon and disembowel really jumped out at me as far as pushing an exsanguinate goes. 

Is the twist modifier any good?

Is there a downside to using a modifier as far as wounding goes? As in, am I better off just dry striking to build wounds or can I mix in modifiers as I go?

This is more Ebonguard specific, but is totems or tracking more beneficial? If totems, crow or night? 

Any and all information is welcomed! Thank you in advance. 

Pureblade and Axelord work kinda similar in a way. 

In terms of modifiers your right most are sort of useless. Your generally best off doing a wounding strike(a strike with no modifiers) most of the time unless you need to do a a specific type of affliction.

One on one you want to build wounds as fast as possible and modifiers don't build wounds so in an ideal world you basically want to just wounding strike until your in an instant kill level and perform the instant kill set up. But well its not an ideal world and against certain people you will need to hinder them to stop yourself dying. 

Pureblade has a few different hinder options than Axelord. Axelord basically just hinders with mutilated legs or arms requiring critical arms or heavy legs. Pureblade hinders with impale or mutilated legs, handy thing is impale is on the gut so you need to build wounds there any way for the instant kill so your not slowing down your instant kill build.

You'll most likely want to build gut chest and legs as fast as possible, if they parry the gut and chest double mutilate the legs and strike the gut/chest while they fall down and keep doing that until they switch their parry around. If you need hinder impale them or double mutilate.

Group is sort of similar but well there's good reason to impale enemies and just leave them in your impale. It stops tumble so it can be used to help pin down enemies while your team kills them. It won't do much damage itself but well its a pretty important tool of keeping people  in place but then again you may be better off just doing damage to them so its something you need to judge yourself at the time.

Twist is kind of useless one on one but amazing for group combat, especially in Glomdoring because Glom has a lot of bleed based classes.  The gist of it is its a bleeding based modifier. Your base strikes do about 500 bleed themselves and then twist when it hits does a damage hit based on the amount of bleeding on the target and the more damage you do the more bleeding you do. 

It's just a rough number but if you hit twist on a target bleeding more than 600 it does a smallish but good damage hit. The important thing is that it then almost doubles their bleeding to like 1100-1200. So then you hit it again and again and again and keep doubling the bleed stack and your damage. Eventually it gets to the point where your hitting for like 4k-6k damage and stacking insane amounts of bleeding and then you hit it again for more etc.

The bleed damage is easily clotted away in one on one combat but in group combat where you have a few other people hitting with bleed damage and someone around who can instant kill wiith low mana then you really help out and force the enemy to either clot away your bleed and die to mana or let the bleed build and die to it.

--

Night/Crow/Tracking is kind of tricky.

Tracking is sort of miles better than night and crow for combat in that it gives you passive hinder with the wolf(which also does a little bit of wounding to the arms) and a potential balance boost. It also give you traps but even without traps I still think tracking is better than the other two with just the wolf. You sort of only need 1 trapper but an extra or a spare back up is handy like melds.

Night gives you basically damage resistance of +2, drink which is a sip and a cure every 10 seconds. These two things are why Nights warrior is probally one of the tankiest bashers. Night also gets an escape with flight and gives bonds and brume tower. These things are good for group combat in controlling the land but well you only need one night user to do them.

Crow gives a bit bits and bobs an escape and a bit of passive bleed. It doesnt seem great for warriors but I've not really used it myself directly I've only tried Night and Tracking.

Personally Tracking is better by miles than Night for everything but bashing.

• Awesome info. That's lame that modifiers don't wound! Should be able to for a power cost or something.

Regarding exsang, does that require crit chest AND gut? The wiki just said critical wounds with the target being gut. 
  • Exsang got changed a while ago. It is now crit chest, crit gut and internalbleeding.

I wouldn't use impale in 1v1 very often. It's usually a net loss in wounding so it'll slow your own kill down. Only use it if you need to take a breather from their active offence.
  • The wiki is a bit out of date on stuff. Don't take it as 100%, its not a bad little guide but yea.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Impale is solid in groups, double assault gut to impale gives you faster hindering for your team to take down targets than trying to build up double tendon would.

Solo it's really not worth it, you're rarely going to keep them pinned long enough for carves and they'll clot out your bleeding anyway.

As Vey said, twist is going to really get used in groups, unless you realise something is really wrong in skirmish/1v1 with your opponent's curing and you can abuse their bleeding to suddenly burst damage out of nowhere.

In Night vs Crow, Night wins outright but neither really help your offence, tracking would work better if only for the balance bonus and the option to throw down dart traps in solo/pits in groups.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited December 2016
    Pit traps are great in solo as well. Pit trap gust is still really good hinder or just pit two rooms and run between the two sure its got counters but its still good.  Wont build wounds but sometimes you need to hinder more than build wounds.
    Would rather set up a dart trap for the passive mantakaya spam, pits as a PB have the annoying tendency to stop you from hitting the target's legs.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited December 2016
    I'm not finding dart traps any use at all. They only trigger on entry. So thats like 1 dart 1 poison chance each time they enter the room. Doesn't seem worth it compared to the pit.
  • The one game where dart traps aren't passive firing every 3-5ish seconds for like ~10 hits? Yay, I hated that shit.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    ? That's exactly what dart traps do? Once they start firing they should continually fire for a while hitting with the poison every 4s or so. 
  • Enyalida said:
    ? That's exactly what dart traps do? Once they start firing they should continually fire for a while hitting with the poison every 4s or so. 
    2nd time in less than a week, my dreams have been crushed. Figured by what Veyils said, it was only on entry - and continuing, only on entry, as opposed to entry > wait 4s > fire > repeat.

:(
    They should be constantly firing once triggered. If they're not then they suddenly changed.

• edited December 2016
    They aren't changed. I assume Veyils only envenomed one time. You have to envenom every single dart.
  • 25 darts, 2 seconds between each dart with a chance to shrug the affliction. 
  • Trap also resets on entry sort of. So you enter get hit by 5 darts and leave theres still 20 darts sitting there ready to start again on the next entry.
  • And people were saying tracking would die if pits got nerfed.
  • Veyils said:
    Trap also resets on entry sort of. So you enter get hit by 5 darts and leave theres still 20 darts sitting there ready to start again on the next entry.
    So how're you not finding a use for it? :/
  • Falmiis said:
    And people were saying tracking would die if pits got nerfed.

I said you could take out all the traps and the wolf on its own would be better than most other warrior terts :D
  • I'm really underwhelmed by the concept behind warrior in general right now. There are effectively three to four skills in Pure blade and the gameplay isn't all that compelling. As I haven't kept in the loop in awhile, I'm not sure of the general consensus on warriors. Am I missing something or do you just wounding strike people to kill condition and occasionally throw out a power strike? If so, I feel like I really wasted my no brainer packages.  
  • In a nutshell that's basically warriors.

Ideally to get to a viable kill solo you want to just wounding strike or power strike to the wounding kill level and then kill.

It gets a little bit more complicated than that when a half decent target fights back, as you need to throw some hinderance/running into the mix to stop pretty much any other class killing you.

The issue in the long run is if you throw a hindrance that doesn't build wounds(or delay ice applications) too often then your wound generation stops and goes into the negative.

Most other classes build to a kill level or set up considerably faster than warriors so your essentially wanting to strike for wounding as much as possible but throwing in hinderance modifiers or running to interrupt their kill tatics.

Eg most classes can build to an attempted kill in about 20-30 seconds, some quicker, a two handed warrior against a test dummy that doesn't parry or hinder can get to a kill level in about one minute.

Warrior combat solo or in small groups is very much balancing your offence vs defence in an attempt to constantly build wounds.

For group combat warriors sort of lack a bit of utility. Warriors can be scary in groups if your stacking warriors to take advantage of fast wound building for quick instant kills but well as Crek said bring 6 druids and you can instant kill people every balance so stacking classes tends to be good anyway.

Warriors are not bad in anyway it's just that most other classes bring heftier constsnt damage, burst damage, passives and/or utility to the table.

Lots of experienced warriors like Ixion don't like how warriors are at the moment and @Shedrin and others has been suggesting some minor buffs to tweak them. 

• Hmmmm I may be class flexing in the future then with the hope that some changes are potentially viable. 
  • Warriors are thoroughly "ok". They can kill anyone* 1v1, and they have some good abilities for groups. They're also highly linear and repetitive. Unfortunately, it's kinda baked into the system, and because Warriors are ok balancewise, there's not a lot of drive to actually change things.

* With enough time and if the target isn't hinderbot 3000.
    Any adjustments that need to be made is either related to guild terts or specific weapon archtypes at this point, there's no overarching changes needed* 

Hopefully as time progresses and people are more familiar with new knight combat, some of the layers of complexity in terms of kill strategy and the flexibility the old system offered can be brought back.

*Once that 2h weapon report that was accepted gets implemented.

• Which report for 2h? I'm not sure how to view those. 
    Report 1496, all the syntaxes are found under the REPORT function.

• I can't see any of these report changes really effecting how warriors work really. It'll make some tatics more powerful and some hinderance easier but by in large you'll still be doing the same steps.
    Once you get legs to heavy you'll be going straight for tendons without having to keep swapping in strikes for wound build up.