Promotion Resolutions

Just wanted to share my thoughts on the resolutions and hear what other people think about them.

Firstly, how they work is you pay 100 credits and you keep them for the entire year. Each of them has a requirement you must fulfil before you can activate them and once activated you will get a benefit for 24 hours and your progress towards the requirement will be reset to 0. You can only activate each resolution up to once every RL week, resetting on the Sunday night/Monday morning weave change. This means at most you will be able to have these active for 52 days of the year.

The following is a summary of the resolutions with the bonuses and requirements to activate each:
Workhouse - 25% experience/essence gain bonus - get 1 level (non-demi) or 20 million essence (demi)
Showboat - 25% influence damage bonus - influence 2500 denizens
Bloodlust - 25% hunting damage bonus - kill 5000 denizens
Crafter - 25% max ego bonus - craft 100 trade items
Piety - 25% bonus to offerings - offer 10 million essence to gods
Samaritan - 25% movement bonus - lead a total of 100 pilgrims, bards or scholars to their destinations

My thoughts:
Workhouse: The only people I see buying these are retirees starting a new character who have lots of credits to spend and want to get to demigod as soon as possible. Essence itself is fairly meaningless because of the diminishing returns and when you need to acquire almost 1/3 of the essence before the diminishing returns kick I don't really see why anyone would pay 100 credits for it. All experience gain bonuses that I am aware off are additive so I am assuming this is the same. As a result, 25% will likely translate to a a much smaller absolute % increase in experience/essence gain. For example, if you have 200% total experience bonus (a very low figure for anyone actually trying to stack experience) from other sources adding this will only grant another 8.3% more experience.

Showboat: This is a massive bonus because it fits outside of the buff system. This needs to be disabled for Harmony challenges. On the other hand, influencing 2500 mobs takes a long time, especially if you're trying to be efficient with your experience/essence/esteem per time, which you would be if you are going to pay 100 credits to influence faster. I suggest either lowering the mobs required substantially (1000?) or changing it to work off of Harmony points instead and increasing the number required to something like 10000.

Bloodlust: This is pretty much like the Showboat resolution but for bashing and needs to be disabled for Death challenges. I suggest changing the mobs required to 2500 or if doing it based on Death challenge points, 25000.

Crafter: Like Showboat and Bloodlust this is very good because it fits outside of the standard buff system. For debates this is a huge advantage if one person has one. As a result, this needs to be disabled for Justice challenges. This will also make it a bit harder to kill someone through Telekinesis Forcefield and will make it even harder for people to pull of ego kills against anyone with this active.

Piety: This is probably the one I like the most. Offerings are fairly meaningless in the grand scheme of things, but for people who do care about them and want to feel like they're helping their favourite gods out this will make a noticeable difference. I'm not sure where on the offering formula this fits so I'm assuming it acts as another 25% on top of all the other multipliers. I'm not sure if I'd pay 100 credits for this, but I'd definitely consider it before offering any esteem bombs.

Samaritan: With the spurs that give me immunity to weather effects while mounted, celerity on my armour and trotting on my beast I don't really ever see those "hasty" messages anymore so I don't know if I'd ever see the need to buy this.

Overall, I think that the idea behind these are good, but I feel like they are hurt by both how powerful/weak how some of them are and the fact that these will go away at the end of the years with the bonuses only able to be used for just up to once a week.

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I don't see any of them being disabled for Ascension sadly, it really is the time of the min/maxers.

However I really really dislike that Crafter sits outside of the buff system entirely for vitals. Some weird one shots aside like sacrifice to health that only increases your current maximum, not your potential total, this really does give someone a distinct advantage in multiple scenarios. Granted you're less likely to find someone try to pressure that vital for a kill as opposed to mana or health, but as Falmiis mentioned, this is also going to be a huge buff for TK users that lean on forcefield.

A huge point of this overhaul system was to remove outliers, this creates one that has pvp implications.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• It seems like a ton of work to make use of them. Has anyone bought them so far? Do they feel worth it?
  • I don't see why these in particular should be disabled for world games. There are various limited/unique perks and artifacts in play, and if those are allowed, why not these? At least the resolutions are universally available, and for a relatively small cost. (100 credits is a drop in the bucket compared to the cost to be competitive for some events.)

I do agree that the threshold for showboat should be lowered to 1000, maybe even 750.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited January 2017
    Breandryn said:
    It seems like a ton of work to make use of them. Has anyone bought them so far? Do they feel worth it?
    I bought the influence one for the sole purpose of reminding me to keep making progress on that achievement.  I bought the hunting one as something that I can build up and unleash for certain occasions when I feel like it.  Since they are now activateable on demand instead of automatically and the progress does not reset until you use them, it felt all right to me.  But once I have 100k influences I will probably never rebuy the influence one.
  • I bought hunting and influencing for the days where I really want to go hard out on them and the probability that they'll be available in ascension events. It's very slow though since I'm not going out of my way to stack them by just killing/influencing mobs I can do in one hit.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Larva clearing is probably the fastest way to build up kill numbers, a full quad clear is over 1k towards progress.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!