m&mf

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Even easier: fix the line for healing cures. It used to say "You concentrate on curing your own sensory(etc.) ailments." remove the wildcard and you fix the majority of the issue. You'll need to then play with the code for that to work for neurosis/mental afflictions though, as I think they run additional checks/code based on when you do that particular kind of cure, detected when that wildcard you just deleted comes up "neurosis". 
  • I've been playing about a month now, and using m&mf about as long, and I use the Ninjakari class, and when its deffing up, and goes to use Introspection from Psychometabolism, it tries to use it by just typing 'introspection' when the syntax is 'psi <channel> introspection'. Not sure if I can fix this myself, it won't let me view the trigger in mudlet. Not sure if you could fix this or not, @Shuyin but I've mostly been pausing it and typing it manually then unpausing again, but it would be nice to see it fixed somehow. Thanks!
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I can do that, stay tuned
  • The playa you love to hate
    edited January 2017
    Jharen said:
    I've been playing about a month now, and using m&mf about as long, and I use the Ninjakari class, and when its deffing up, and goes to use Introspection from Psychometabolism, it tries to use it by just typing 'introspection' when the syntax is 'psi <channel> introspection'. Not sure if I can fix this myself, it won't let me view the trigger in mudlet. Not sure if you could fix this or not, @Shuyin but I've mostly been pausing it and typing it manually then unpausing again, but it would be nice to see it fixed somehow. Thanks!

This is fixed. It'll be on the next release. ETA when I feel that there are enough significant fixes (prob after envoy reports).

I also fixed transmology fleshwork's trigger line so it actually works too cause I am super biased like that.

Fixed the defs for healing auras, reduced the huge list of auras down to the 8 or so, also fixed "senses" to "sensory"
    Working on update, will take a bit.

What I need is lines.

For defs, I need syntax, power cost, bal/eq/free needed, line when it goes up, line when already up, def line, and line when it fades, where applicable. 

For others, the line plus applicable aff or cure.

Thanks. No promises on when it comes out.

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited January 2017
    Shuyin said:
    Working on update, will take a bit.

What I need is lines.

For defs, I need syntax, power cost, bal/eq/free needed, line when it goes up, line when already up, def line, and line when it fades, where applicable. 

For others, the line plus applicable aff or cure.

Thanks. No promises on when it comes out.

Hey. Thanks a lot for taking up the hat. What you specifically are looking for in terms of lines? healing? other things? I'm sure we can pool together lines if we have an idea on what you need, I think someone suggested a 'lines' thread a while ago, not sure if something like that exists already, otherwise am sure we can make one.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Okay, need some help here. I installed the newest version of mmf using the package manager but when I did, I got this message:

"C:\Users\owner\.config\mudlet\profiles\Calor/m&m/pipes/conf:1: unexpected symbol"

I have no idea what this means only that it's not working.
    Fixes are done, confirmed ecto/burns are curing at least. Final version will come up in a day or two. FYI.

• #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Awesome.

As a side question to anyone who uses it, is there any advantage\disadvantage to using the class specific one or the all class version? I'm just thinking about what may be the better way to class flex, one profile with the sole class stuff or one profile per class?
  • Managing multiple profiles is a pain. I use allclass and have a script that detects what skills I've got up and sets various things accordingly.
  • Whats your script do out of interest? Mind if I see it?
    Ditto. I sort of kludge my way around the problem myself. 
  • I wasn't really planning on releasing to the public. It's pretty terribly coded and has a lot of stuff specific to me.

http://pastebin.com/Z3xytHt0

Good luck.
  • Calor said:
    Okay, need some help here. I installed the newest version of mmf using the package manager but when I did, I got this message:

"C:\Users\owner\.config\mudlet\profiles\Calor/m&m/pipes/conf:1: unexpected symbol"

Happens sometimes - delete that file and load again.
  • I'm willing to sponsor a credit bounty system to encourage people to keep the system up, initial investment of say 1k credits to go across various things that need to be done on it.

@Enyalida https://try.github.io/levels/1/challenges/1 jump in, one of the best skills you can learn
    I will commit to poking around. 

In things I can do right now: If you need lines, send me a message with which lines you need and I will send you the lines you need within a day, unless you catch me on a stupidly busy day. 
    Yeah, the command line interface is utterly mystifying. I've gone through the tutorial (and read through instructions elsewhere) and I just cannot get it to clone the existing m-mf files. Looks like the gui version works pretty well (it does this in one straightforward dialogue box, for instance), so I'll just use that. 
    Will submit final version for merging to main m&m after I fix stupid overload/stretch/shadow cloak. I broke that.

Update will be available tonight probably. 
  • Vadi said:
    Calor said:
    Okay, need some help here. I installed the newest version of mmf using the package manager but when I did, I got this message:

Happens sometimes - delete that file and load again.
    Tried that and still got the same message. Only this time, some of mmf will work like when I look at people in the commune, it still tracks guilds, or when I go to quit, it'll say mmf is stuffing stuff away and all that. But it won't defup or when I type mmkeep, nothing happens. Stuff like that.
    Did you install.
    As expected, I broke overload and all those new defs. Don't use it for now. Fix will come later.

Everything else works.
    I now have induct privileges into the m&m clan, if you want in to ask questions/report bugs/collaborate, send me a message here, ingame, discord, smoke signal, etc.

I've also got the 1k credits Vadi previously mentioned to be given out to people willing to help out with this project in the event that I get hit by a bus or you are unsatisfied with the quality of my solo prowess. Reach out plz/
    V29 out hopefully fixing the broken stuff including timeslip, overload, etc
    There's also a m&m discord server, join there for questions/suggestions/dev stuff if you don't have/want to join the clan.

https://discord.gg/9rBwYuJ

• Enyalida said:
    Yeah, the command line interface is utterly mystifying. I've gone through the tutorial (and read through instructions elsewhere) and I just cannot get it to clone the existing m-mf files. Looks like the gui version works pretty well (it does this in one straightforward dialogue box, for instance), so I'll just use that. 
    What do you mean by existing m-mf files? If you mean git cloning the whole repository it is just
    </code>git clone https://github.com/m-mf/m-mf.git</pre><br>
    And you will have a copy of the files in m-mf. You then just edit the files with whatever editor you want (I use vim but that's not for everyone) and then something like:<pre class="CodeBlock"><code>git add blah.txt
    git commit

It will bring up an editor to type notes about the changes you made that go into the log. If it's a short note then using the m flag with something like -m "fixed typo in blah.txt" will do.
    That then is the local commits. In other words, you can see the changes but noone else can.To get them visible on github use:
    git push
    edited January 2017
    Right, I was inputting said commands and it... wasn't cloning the repository. 

EDIT: I ended up just using the github desktop gui and it didn't have any problems cloning the repository, so there's that. I cant' for the life of me figure out how to do things like work using a copy of someone else's branch so that I don't need to wait for some big update to actually merge in before working on things that depend on that update, though.