Lack of Raves VI: Rave Today, Tweet Tomorrow

Comments

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Raves for everybody who continues to share their combat logs on the forums. Not only are they an interesting  read, you always discover something you should possibly give a highlight ( or 10 to ). Especially, if you are, like me, trying to make your combat system not suck, these things are a blessing for ideas, simply to have other perspectives then your own <3
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Huge rave to @Xypher and @Rolan for some beautiful roleplay. It was awesomely sad to see the consequences for reckless experimentation.
  • Two Raves:

@Aramel. She is the best! (Also @Kendra, @Saz and @Aeldra :smiley:  )

And for a newbie that wasn't a newbie of the MDs. I was the only one around to give him an orientation, and it's been a veeeerrry long time since I did that, so I had fun! (Sorry if I rambled, nice newbie)
  • Anita said:
    Two Raves:

@Aramel. She is the best! (Also @Kendra, @Saz and @Aeldra :smiley:  )

And for a newbie that wasn't a newbie of the MDs. I was the only one around to give him an orientation, and it's been a veeeerrry long time since I did that, so I had fun! (Sorry if I rambled, nice newbie)
    YES! Mad raves to @Saz, @Aramel, @Aeldra, @Anita, @Tristanna, @Laxinova - Thanks for the patience. Really enjoyed today :) 

Especially @Aramel - Girl got brains. 
    Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • Rave to @Kendra for being ozzim.
  • Versalean said:
    Rave to @Kendra for being ozzim.
    @Versalean - <3 
    Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    My newest child @Wondir is the bees proverbial knees, lots of fun roleplay. My improved illusion skills finally got to get busted out after almost a year and a half of being dormant.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I just love love love order happenings. (AHEM DisOrder). Every time I interact with @Morgfyre I am torn between being terrified, burned (and amused) by his sass, or filled with warm fuzzies from unexpected compliments. I got a little of them all today! @Saruchi is my new favourite, @Ixion is always fun to banter with, @Veldrin is sneakily going to devour us all. Happy times. 

(Snakedaddy loves me again yaaaaaay <3<3 )

• My first protege @mythridox is back!!!!! It's always been a case of blind leading the blind, but I've learned a lot more now so I'm super excited to help teach him again and share all the new stuff I've learned (especially all the helpful stuff @Steingrim has taught me). Very excited to login when I get back Monday :)
  • Who ever was that Pilgrim (and Rowena), thanks for the fun with @Lysistrata. Super fun times teaching a pilgrim about the Wyrden ways and and how it's Eat or be Eaten. :) 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    @Daelaran for learning combat empathing on the fly, keeping the ship stable long enough for us all to be long gone before it died.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• The floor rocks as you ram Enigma's Gambit into Nyx Daedema [Nyx].

Ramming speed!
    Shedrin said:
    The floor rocks as you ram Enigma's Gambit into Nyx Daedema [Nyx].

Ramming speed!
    This explains why you took so long to blow it up after we all left xD

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shedrin said:
    The floor rocks as you ram Enigma's Gambit into Nyx Daedema [Nyx].

Ramming speed!
    I was trying to figure out why it took so long after Daelaran ditched for you guys to take out Nyx.  Now I know!

But Daelaran kept us going for ages, was pretty good on that.  Though you guys did keep making me shovel power into Nyx over and over, we burned quite a bit.  Was thinking of trying to make a run back to the dock once Seren had finished it but it was a bit too far a go of it at that point at a critical command chair.
  • Aethership combat is so dumb at high hull levels.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    TIL Xenthos & Karlach = twinsies.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

Falmiis said:
    Aethership combat is so dumb at high hull levels.
    It eliminates the boring tactic of "everyone fire at the hull and just throw the odd marble and wurble" that dominated aethercombat until people started making juggernauts.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited January 2017
    Forgive me if it's wrong to say, but having a critical chair and grid should mean you're dead :P

edit: even if your empath was smart and supercharged the grid using one of the turrets for maximum turtle stance

Maligorn said:
    Forgive me if it's wrong to say, but having a critical chair and grid should mean you're dead :P
    Having 0 hull means you're dead.

• Karlach said:
    Falmiis said:
    Aethership combat is so dumb at high hull levels.
    It eliminates the boring tactic of "everyone fire at the hull and just throw the odd marble and wurble" that dominated aethercombat until people started making juggernauts.
    I think there is a much better solution somewhere between the two. Like if there was an affliction that did 5% of the max hull as damage every 10 seconds, or a power move that does a 10% damage per crit chair/grid/turret. 
  • Clearly aetherships need a conditional instakill, then!

edited January 2017
    Maligorn said:

edit: even if your empath was smart and supercharged the grid using one of the turrets for maximum turtle stance
    It did, it just took a while-- you guys needed to switch back to targeting hull after criticaling us all out, from what I could tell.  All the hits were doing less than 300 per hit (so 900 hull damage per round).  You're not going to kill anyone like that, critical or no.  Our passive regen almost beats it.

We couldn't actually *run* anywhere at that point, so it wouldn't have mattered if you let up on module damage.
    I don't think the grid was ever at critical? I may be wrong, but while we were still fighting Dael managed to keep turrets active and repairing (reason people weren't firing was inexperience and not realising their gun stopped it's cycle when we lost line of sight)

Honestly I was able to get a chain of shots into the grid of Gambit and that was with fink gunnery going hamfist, so if your grid wasn't critical at some point, it's conceivable that neither was ours.

I do like the idea of a finishing style power move, would have to be 10p though.

• Nerf self-repairing and add ability to repair another ship from range. And then let's add a way to disrupt the targeting of those healer ships. And then let's add doomsday weapons.

Hmm, this sounds familiar for some reason.... Well I'm sure it's fine.
  • Yeah, that's fair Xenthos. We did call out to switch to hull, but maybe we didn't call loud enough.

Maligorn said:
    Yeah, that's fair Xenthos. We did call out to switch to hull, but maybe we didn't call loud enough.
    Did you call how to do it?  I think it's kind of hidden... "turret target module nothing" or something like that?  Could definitely be easier if I am remembering correctly.