The Meta Mafia Game - XENTHOS(Celina) WINS! Town also wins!

SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia GamesThe Last Mafia Game
edited April 2017 in Mafia Hideout
Welcome to the Meta Mafia Game!

This is a game that lovingly makes fun of, and shows homage to, all the previous mafia games that we have played on these forums. To fully appreciate this game, therefore, we recommend you peruse the Real World threads that show the previous games if you haven't read some of them already. We hope, however, that it is fun to read regardless of your investment in Lusternian mafia!

As a note: Just because a role was scum in a previous game, or town in a previous game, does not mean it is the same in this game. Do not expect powers or alignment to be 100% identical. Expect surprises.

The Rules:
1. Votes MUST be in bold to count. (ex. Vote Sylandra)
2. Once a majority has been reached, the day ends. Anything that happens after a final vote will not happen, including unvotes to bring the target below the minimum threshold, unless a power explicitly allows this.
3. You are not allowed to post in the thread during the night phases.
4. You are not allowed to communicate with each other outside the thread unless your role specifically allows you to do this.
5. Once you are eliminated, you are not allowed to post in the thread during the day phase unless your role explicitly allows this.
6. You are not allowed to quote your role PM. 
7. Do not discuss game details outside of the game.
8. If you go inactive, please let me know so I can find a replacement player. (Those interested in being a replacement player, please message me for a waitlist!)
9. You're not allowed to edit your posts. Doublepost instead if you want to clarify something.
10. You must be sportsmanlike. If you are rude or inflammatory to the point that the game ceases to be enjoyable for the rest of the players, I reserve the right to modvig you out of the game. Mafia may be a game about emotional manipulation and deceit, but it's still a game! Have fun with it. But most importantly, be respectful.
11. The game will end when either the town or the mafia have reached their victory condition.
12. Dayphases will last no longer than a RL week. If seven days go by without a lynch, the Nightphase will immediately begin.
13. Nightphases will last no longer than 48 hours. If night actions are not delivered at the end of the night phase, it will be read as no action.
14. Some roles have post restrictions. While I encourage you to follow them, and I reserve the right to withhold votes if the post restrictions are not followed, they exist for fun more than anything else. I will be fairly lenient about their use or lack thereof.

If you're unsure about how to play mafia, check this wiki, starting with this page, for the game mechanics. Have fun!

Players:
1. Tremula [Lynched Day 4]
2. Vivet
3. Lavinya 
4. Breandryn [Lynched Day 5]
5. Ssaliss [Killed Night 2]
6. Silvanus [Lynched Day 3]
7. Shaddus
8. Kendra/Portius
9. Ellowyn [Killed Night 3]
10. Dylara/Kiradawea/Xeii
11. Luce
12. Othero [Lynched Day 6]
13. Ushaara [Killed Night 2, REVIVED Day 4]
14. Lehki
15. Fyler/Cyndarin/Celina/Niradnic
Daraius said:
"Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    It is Day One.
    With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    All right, let me show you girls how to make an entrance.

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals

Woooohoooo! It's time for another grand adventure of discovery and learning!

So, uh, does anyone know where exactly we are going?

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Whooooooooooo it is good to be back.

I hear we are going to a magical place called Lack of Rants.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Oh, well. I guess if they're short on Rants there, it should be a nice peaceable place.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    If everyone else's flavour is as awesome as mine, this is going to be an amazing game. I was laughing just reading my role. Love it.

PS I'm watching how you are all voting and posting because FACTS DON'T LIE.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Muahahaha. 

I mean...uh...hi?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    We are pleased with this Mafia Game. Forthwith shall We stride into the coming darkness and smite it. Such a smiting shall occur, that those who have not been smitten shall fear Our smiting and cower. Doom and smiting!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Thank Gods for flips. I think I should be more useful this game, despite my newbness last game. (If I am still newb, I am sooooo sorry!!!)
  • Just checking in for now, while I read through some of the older Mafias. 
  • Yep. I'm around too. Will be interesting to see who'll be featured in this game!
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I am so excited for this game. For real. No idea who we might even be looking for but MUCH EXCITE.

• Yay!  Hi everyone!  So excited for this game.  Thanks for hosting @Sylandra. :)
  • Thou hast plenty to thinketh upon. One shall bite her thumb in anticipation.
    Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Hello hello. Looking forward to getting back to a (hopefully) more standard game.
  • ... standard? In a game called "Meta Mafia"? Surely you jest!
  • Checking in, busy-ish weekend.

But don't worry, because I know exactly what I'm doing here. (I swear!)

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Surely, the only people who know what they're doing are the scum this early. FOS Dylara (but not really)
  • I'm just filled with unearned confidence that even in my sillier moments I am totally doing the right thing. 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

So now we're at the typical day one dilemma. Do we try poking at each other for information, wait for night (though this had no indication of being a shorter day), or lynch no one and start this game off with a bang?

Also don't worry Brea, newness never stopped us from having people in here before, and time logged in mafia message very little. Rolesand, for example.

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Well to start something productive, does anyone have the full list of past mafia threads? I can think of

1) Touhou
    2) Pokemon
    3) Shakespeare
    4) Reign
    5) Night Vale
    6) Gods/Monsters
    7) Los Alamos
    8) RuPaul
    9) Chimaeras

Am sure I'm probably missing some?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    There was an anime thread a while back, and a ghostbuster thing, before the Resurgenance, and I don't know if you want to count my Werewolf game.
    I don't think the werewolves count, and I don't recall anything from Old Forums. This game was originally for...16-18 people, right? If there were 9 games in that list, @Ushaara, that means there could be two from each here, though we can't presume one is good one is bad/third party based on that assumption, because that would be way too crazy.

• Yeah, and if memory serves Sylandra didn't play from old forums. So either they're not included or she trolled them for the mafia roles and that's our mafia. Old forums invading new.
    I expect the majority of the roles will simply be from the games Sylandra linked in the sign-up thread.
  • So; the only one we haven't heard from yet is @Fyler. And while I generally try to play "guess the setup" during day one, well... that's pretty impossible in this game. Odds are there is no common thread among the scum this time around, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if @Sylandra included Ratatoskr (or some similar character) and made him town just for funs.
    Vote: None.

Even though the game's only been open for a little while, I'm going to go ahead and do that so we can start getting the ball rolling on action. A first day no-vote is pretty standard, and I feel a lot better doing this than trying to guess what's going on in Sylandra's scheming mind (I'm scared she's going to get me back for PokeMafia shenanigans). 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I'm fine with a Vote: None day one, I usually am.
  • Vote: None.

I'll second that, because I'm still figuring it out. 
    Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • Okay so I've been thinking about this a few days, and there's an argument to made for not following the usual meta in the Meta Game.

Basically the theme of this game is the game, so Sylandra's definitely going to try to play with our expectations of the game. We're definitely gonna be seeing old roles re-purposed, but I think the the real meta of Lusernia Forums Mafia is actually in the people who've been playing it, rather than the characters of the old games. So who's been the real villains of Forums Mafia? The Mods. And in this game we only got 2 former mods from the games Sylandra listed in the sign up threads. @Tremula, and @Silvanus