The Meta Mafia Game - XENTHOS(Celina) WINS! Town also wins!

Comments

• Interesting theory!  We'll definitely have to watch them.

In the meantime, Vote: nobody.

Because day 1 is always painful.
  • It's been a while and I forgot to bold it, and then realised I can't edit either, haha.

Vote: nobody
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Vote Count:
    Nobody: Tremula, Luce, Kendra, Ellowyn (4)

With 15 alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • After the last game, I'm wary. You guys play mafia in crazy ways, way different than what I've seen in the Aetolia versions, so I like the idea of no lynching until we can get some more information.

Vote: nobody
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    There are evildoers among us. We smell you, and We will find you out soon enough.

VOTE:NONE

We have our eyes on you.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Just taking a shot in the dark here but gonna guess Kendra and Shaddus have posting restrictions related to their roles, though I can't place which game shaddus would be from.

Also Vote: None
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Which means one more and it's a no lynch!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Though perhaps we should wait for not Celina before finishing the day? Think she still hasn't posted
    True, but look back at PokeMafia. They didn't post for ages.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Well. I'm fine with the day ending, but I will withhold from ending it prematurely in the event anyone else wants to speak or emphasize on a given point before proceeding.
  • I don't think they have posting restrictions but we will have to see. Shaddus is just kind of a weirdo and only one of Kendra's posts has anything weird with it.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I'm not a big of a fan of moving day one along so quickly but I also don't care enough to have an opinion. The game isn't going to be won on day one.

I find Lehki's theory interesting, but in that scenario, would the villain's be the mod themselves or are we looking at characters? So could there possibly be the mod of Los Alamos (me) or is it just the characters from Los Alamos?

That could be confusing if it's the mod of Los Alamos that isn't me but really is.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I doubt it would be something so simple as "snipe the previous villains", and we haven't seen enough information to really guess at set up.
    Othero said:
    I don't think they have posting restrictions but we will have to see. Shaddus is just kind of a weirdo and only one of Kendra's posts has anything weird with it.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I'd agree that short Day 1s aren't the best result for Town, but the only way things can really be productive  on Day 1 is if someone is willing to take the lead and generate a talking point that typically reveals something about themselves or the information on their rolesheet.

Since this doesn't appear to be happening,  I'd be fine with the Day ending just so we get a phase where there's more to discuss/analyse.

The only other thought I've had since my last post is that I think it's unlikely Touhou characters made it in, since I -think- Sylandra would have had the setup made before the last game finished.

That said, could be way off and the notification of post restrictions could be indicating Cirno and her 'Eye'm the smartest' made the cut!
    I'm not actually familiar with the Los Alamos game, someone fill me in.

• Luce said:
    I doubt it would be something so simple as "snipe the previous villains", and we haven't seen enough information to really guess at set up.

Sylandra said:

As a note: Just because a role was scum in a previous game, or town in a previous game, does not mean it is the same in this game. Do not expect powers or alignment to be 100% identical. Expect surprises.

So yeah. As I said, I wouldn't be surprised if Ratatoskr turned out to be town this game, and Buddha turned out to be one of the villains, etc.
  • Silvanus said:
    I'm not a big of a fan of moving day one along so quickly but I also don't care enough to have an opinion. The game isn't going to be won on day one.

I find Lehki's theory interesting, but in that scenario, would the villain's be the mod themselves or are we looking at characters? So could there possibly be the mod of Los Alamos (me) or is it just the characters from Los Alamos?

That could be confusing if it's the mod of Los Alamos that isn't me but really is.
    Honestly I was just joking around with that line of thought. Though it would be pretty great if somebodies character was actually you.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Vote Count:
    Nobody: Tremula, Luce, Kendra, Ellowyn, Breandryn, Shaddus, Lehki (7)

With 15 alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Wow so quick to end the day.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    (Fyi I'm waiting to go into surgery today so may not be active after for a day or two)

It's a good day for theory crafting. I presume no one got any hints or indicators as to who the mafia might be in their role sheets? 

I'm not ruling things out, but rather than playing say, silvanus the evil mod, i suspect roles are more like 'you are character blah from blah blah mafia as played by person' with included tropes/ powers etc relating to either or both (role and player who played them. )

Ps I'm pretty hugely sedated right now so if that is garbled auto-correct failing garbage please excuse me!

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I can outright confirm that problematic roles, both dastardly or just third party in previous games can be town.
  • Okay, so wow. Bandwagoners in abundance. Voting no lynch on day 0 can be fine, rushing it past before any information can be divined or gathered is terrible. SO terrible in fact it's like blaring red scum. Here's the twist, by so many people pushing for a no vote with literally no information or conversation on day 0, we have a little information! The bandwagon.

Everyone on the vote list right now should be on everyone's short list for scum. Luce has a scumtell I'm already familiar with, he bandwagons quickly and with little to no explanation. So I suggest Luce. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • *blaring red scum siren.

Maybe the scum is red too. Is cyndaquil here? COME TO MOMMY.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    No, Luce bandwagons with little to no explanation when he posts from work. He also more or less always votes to skip to night 1 with no lynch barring someone really, REALLY messing up.
    Who the heck is Fyler?
  • It's Celina
  • I prefer a lynch on night one, but I've only played vanilla-ish mafia, so I am following the lead of others until we get a better picture of what the setup is. I went into the Touhou game thinking the traditional setup I know would apply (where gameplay is mostly based on vote analysis...) and...yeah...
    I've always voted for no lynch on day one, unless someone screams scum, so this is nowhere near out of the ordinary. Our day ones are traditionally uneventful, it's why I made day zero 24 hours long.

Maybe I'm used to these being more fast paced and we're all stretching after our hiatus, but if we want to spend time trying to guess Sylandra's setup, I'm down. Not unvoting, but the spotlight is yours, zombied husk of fire Jesus.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Well, if you all want a bit more information I can roll with that and reveal a bit for now.

People have been tossing around the idea that mods of former games could be scum roles. I can say right now I am a character that was functionally like the mod in a previous game (a stand-in, if you will), but am town.

With that said, I -am- curious as to what has drawn people to this conclusion in the first place, or if it was just happenstance speculation.