Absence Thread

Comments

• I really need to play less and get sh*t done more. So, I'm not going to disappear but I will be around less. 
  • edited January 2017
    So, I'm not sure where to put this, but I'm sorry if I've been a bit away for the last few days. I broke up with my boyfriend of 3+ years and I'm trying to not let myself bleed all over the place, particularly into my character. I just don't want peeps to think I left for good, particularly considering how odd/forlorn I was acting online leading up to the moment that the breakup happened.

I'll be back in full force soon enough, though. There aren't enough broken common-speaking elfen in the game. Need to keep up the quota!
  • I won't be around much (if at all) over the weekends for the next few weeks. Lots of stuff going on. I have the app on my phone so feel free to message me. I can RP a little via messages (don't know what else people would need me for lol).
  • Drocilla said:
    Back from London, more of me and with free time on my hands soon!
    MOMMA'S BACK?!
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • I won't be around very much till March. Due to some misunderstandings, topic changes, Python being a jerk and my non-existent time-management skills, I now have 1.5 instead of 6 months to write my Master's thesis. But I've already stocked up on mate tea, found somebody to lend me a camping mat for the office and read about desk yoga....so I should be able to do it :) I mean totally can do it even if I have to dream about coreference algorithms for the rest of my life.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I know how you feel, Thyelleia. I declared my second major going into my last semester. So while everyone else had already spent a year working on their thesis, I had 4 months in which to come up with a topic, do all the research, and put the whole thing together. Looking back, I can say it was worth it,  but at the time, I wanted to drop out of school right about early April.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Yeah, sometimes I just wanna stop but then I'd have lost four years of my life (and let my parents down which is somthing I'd never ever do). On the other hand, I work best under pressure. When I wrote my Bachelor's thesis, I also did it in three weeks (during which I went to a Lusternia meet in London xD) instead of two months and got the best grade possible (it won't be that easy this time but I'd be happy with a 2.0 as well).

To stop me from procrastinating, I also installed an app that lets me block some websites for a certain amount of time so I won't get tempted (I tend to have the attention span of a squirrel <.<).
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I turned in my thesis five hours before grades were due, three days before graduation, by hand to my thesis advisor in front of the university president. When I walked the stage three days later, the president shook my hand and said, "Must've been one helluva thesis." (I scraped by with a C...). I was relieved to find out that my master's degree did NOT require a thesis.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • That is how I felt while doing my engineering technical report. All the best, you can do it!

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Everiine said:
    I turned in my thesis five hours before grades were due, three days before graduation, by hand to my thesis advisor in front of the university president. When I walked the stage three days later, the president shook my hand and said, "Must've been one helluva thesis." (I scraped by with a C...). I was relieved to find out that my master's degree did NOT require a thesis.
    That's my kind of timing as well. I always hand in everything last minute.
    Thank you, Dylara! ^^
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    You're not alone. <3 Yay thesis panic.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Hey folks, things going from bad to worse as far as my stability in life. Sorry to everyone in Glom about my unexpected absence. Hope to be back soon. 
  • Hope it gets sorted for the best for you, take all the time you need.  

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• I'm not going to be around Friday-Monday afternoon. Going over to England to visit my grandad!
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
     I'm going to be sparse this weekend, just got FFXV, so I'm going to be invested for as long as I can be. You can make my phone buzz if you message me, though!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Playtime is sparse again this weekend. Sister is getting married!
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    A simple trip over a toy on the floor has resulted in (in basic terms) breaking my elbow, which requires surgery to repair. I'm presently in an enormous cast, drugged to the teeth (i love you endone) in a hospital bed, thanking the technology gods that i can type on my phone with one finger. Going to be absent for a little bit until I get home and have hands out of drips and casts. Plz Keep me entertained dear friends via msgs, discord, skype and the forums. 

• I guess this isn't really an absence so much as a retirement. Due to personal stuff, I won't be playing Ulalah for the foreseeable future. She won'tbe available for RP, even if she's online; I have some things to finish, so that might happen. If you desperately need me for some reason, feel free to message me, I suppose. Peace out.
  • Going to be gone a bit longer then planned. Had another hospital emergency. Almost bled to death. Sorry, I'll be back when I'm able to focus on gaming stuff. This has been a difficult month.
  • Super busy at work, on planes flying to customer meetings tons of demos proof of concepts the next 6-8 weeks so I'll continue to be scarce.
  • I am no longer working, so I will be around a lot, but it is to help care for my dad, so I may suddenly vanish into a manse for hours at a time to go afk. Please be patient if I run off on you, it's nothing personal!
  • Oueli said:
    Going to be gone a bit longer then planned. Had another hospital emergency. Almost bled to death. Sorry, I'll be back when I'm able to focus on gaming stuff. This has been a difficult month.
    Good vibes going your way. Please be safe.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Heading back to uni for semester 2 tomorrow! Excited! but, until I get my head around the new schedule of lectures etc. and home-life, I'm either going to be gone for the week or on for like 5 mins!
  • I will be scarce, caretaking my potentially diabetic dog. I may pop in, but give me a couple days to come to terms with it and I'll be back and able to do my iG duties.

• New job that isn't reselling basketball shoes, so I can't be online as much.
    The playa you love to hate
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited February 2017
    Apart from poking my head in to spin the wheel, I am, for all intent and purposes, absent from Lusternia until at least the 22nd of Feb.  In 72 hours I fly out from Auckland and I still have a fair bit of packing to do (mainly stuff going into storage) x_x
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • edited February 2017
    Where are you off to, @Kagato?
  • edited February 2017
    From this evening I probably won't be around much for the next week or so; my parents are coming to visit me! so I'll only be on to get the powerlogs and give favours (if any).

Edit: Also, the week after next, my assignments are due so I'll be hiding in my office until I am happy with them :open_mouth: