Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Kreon spits in his hands and firmly grips a rising sun flail. With a great swing of the flail, Kreon
    whacks into the trunk of a birch sapling.
    A birch sapling sways back and forth, then crashes to the ground.

Bugs are sometimes fun.
  • Saran said:
    Legit the only time I remember Stag being involved in an event was when he had to die for it.
    Dieing for things is kind of Stag's shtick.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    See, the difference is that Stag intentionally sacrifices himself for things.

Crow flails around helplessly for a while and then just dies for no good reason.

ICly we are supposed to ignore this. :D
  • edited January 2017
    Edit: Nevermind, new page ninja'd me.

• Plaxios. Y U always bug? Got a message that the quest was fixed, but the fix introduced a new bug entirely. Completion of Plaxios is once more so very far away. :'(
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Veyils said:
    Dylara said:
    It's' honestly we just need to stop jumping at going to Night first and try Crow, if Crow fails then go try Night. :( Even if it's just Crow emoting at us we should be talking to someone else, it shows we want Crow's guidance.

We did go to crow first this time.
    Guess we'll just have to keep trying. :(

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    You reach into Gordo's Opal Cornucopia of Tremendous Boons, searching for something special. Your hand closes around something distinctly inedible, and amid a rainbow shower of sparkles you remove a festive present wrapped in red and green foil trimphantly.

You quickly unwrap a festive present wrapped in red and green foil, which sprays glittering silver dust and cheerful confetti into the air, and grin enormously upon receiving 52 aethergoop.

I share your pain...

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I got a wonder crystal this Estar. B)

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I'm sharing the dingbat crowd with Talan.
  • I feel like every day Lusternia gets closer and closer to becoming a text WoW with the intense amount of OOC references that are player added every day.
    The playa you love to hate
  • Drakius said:
    I feel like every day Lusternia gets closer and closer to becoming a text WoW with the intense amount of OOC references that are player added every day.
    The hardcoded ones annoy me even more. I frankly get tilted every time I see Weeky Pedia mentioned in game.
  • And Laurels don't help, since anyone can put anything in a Laurels
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Xenthos said:
    I'm sharing the dingbat crowd with Talan.
    Also in Club Dingbat this year.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Free things, woe.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Things that come out of a cornucopia or similar are only "free" once you've accumulated enough rewards to pay back the value spent to get the cornucopia. IIRC the full cornucopia is 5 gems, so.. 500 credits. It'll take you a while to make back 500 credits worth of value at 52 goop a pop. 
  • 10. Full 'corn is 10 gems.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Doesn't the cornucopia also have a chance of producing a wondercrystal?
    If so, then sure the presents are meh but like once you've pulled ten crystals out it's literally paid for itself.
  • Saran said:
    Doesn't the cornucopia also have a chance of producing a wondercrystal?
    If so, then sure the presents are meh but like once you've pulled ten crystals out it's literally paid for itself.
    I've heard colloquially that the proc chance of a gem pull is around 1/10. Can't speak to the veracity of that claim, but it feels about right from what I've seen. But hell, let's triple it and say it's 3/10. It's then going to take you 30 IG years for those ten crystals you're talking about.

That said, if you think about it, it actually pays for itself after one crystal, that being the investment you -actually- make when you form a wonder item (being that you can smash it apart for a cost of one gem).

So to be clear my only real complaint is that the changes to goop back along nerfed the wondercorn quite hard. The booby prize of 5db is now pretty damned good compared to what you are actually likely to get out of it: i.e. Goop. Because people are trying to give goop away at the moment on Market, rather unsuccessfully.

I used to look forward to wondercorn day. Now I don't. *shrug*
  • Saran said:
    Doesn't the cornucopia also have a chance of producing a wondercrystal?

Can give like 500 goop, which even if you just trade it in directly is about 16.6 credits.

The wonder corn is good in that it provides pretty good buffs and also will pay for itself eventually.

I get that people think goop on almost every reward isn't that exciting though.
  • I think people complaining about the wondercorn is a bit ridiculous.  It's probably the best arti ever released in Lusternia, it's good for everything, plus it generates credits on its own. (Sometimes a lot, sometimes a little).

Goop being boring though, is pretty fair.  I personally like it because it lets me choose from the goop arti-pool.  Of which I still have plennnnnnnty of wishes.

Once that dries up though, goop will just be lame.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I don't think the complaint is about the -cornucopia-, but rather about standard presents with 52 goop, at least that's how I read it.

Personally am never sure if 100 of a commodity or 52 goop were worse, still can't decide.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • 100 of a commodity <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< 52 goop. By a huuuuuge margin.

20 goop = 1 credit, in terms of artifact purchasing power.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Ciaran said:
    100 of a commodity <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< 52 goop. By a huuuuuge margin.

20 goop = 1 credit, in terms of artifact purchasing power.

I'm not arguing that, I was more talking about 'how it felt', sure, goop is nice and useful, but getting everytime the same thing out of 95% of every present you get creates a feeling that's contradicting to the actual value of what you get. It's like getting money in RL presents. Sure, it's sweet to get the money but at the same time you have a feeling like you lost every surprise.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited January 2017
    Ciaran said:
    I think people complaining about the wondercorn is a bit ridiculous.  It's probably the best arti ever released in Lusternia, it's good for everything, plus it generates credits on its own. (Sometimes a lot, sometimes a little).
    Is this hyperbole? Because I'm finding it difficult to think through this one.

ETA: Because that was more abrupt than intended. Like, even as a retiree who came into the game with boundies burning a hole in my back pocket, I've gotta say that no wonder items - let alone the corn itself - were on my list of must-haves. I mean, I fully concede that a license to print money is a great thing in principle, but let's not get crazy as we consider the rate at which it does so.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    License to print money and being able to Herofete with as few as 2, I think? Plus giving you food buffs for free even if you don't want to fete it up. It's pretty high on my list.
  • I mean...after the initial investment, in time your cornucopia will pay for itself in terms of wonder crystals...and then some. No other artifact gives back like this one does.

• edited January 2017
    It takes quite a while for it to generate ~1000 credits unless you roll a super lucky present. "Best artifact ever," may be pushing it. It's nice, but It's definitely a luxury artifact. Of the pile I had, the wondercorn didn't make top 10 value purchases. I think its value is proportional to your credit purchasing ability. If you don't have a lot, it's not worth it. If you have them in abundance, it is.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Maligorn said:
    I mean...after the initial investment, in time your cornucopia will pay for itself in terms of wonder crystals...and then some. No other artifact gives back like this one does.
    Genie curios. Far cheaper to make and you get 12 returns per for 1 wondercorn.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

This discussion has been closed.