Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Shaddus said:
    Something that does help is that we do have AB PERCENTAGES, and I'm about 95% sure it works even with a TF. 
    It does work with a TF, giving the percent of what you are actually at from the looks of it.
  • edited January 2017
    AB PERCENTAGES seems to be a bit weird, but from what I've noticed, the percent isn't affected by favours, while the rank is. So if you're at, say, Mythical 50% in a skill, and a favouring temporarily bumps that to Transcendent, the readout will show Transcendent 50% (As opposed to the percentage column being blank like normal with Trans). Likewise, if you're at Expert 68% and a favour boosts you to somewhere in Virtuoso, the readout will say Virtuoso 68%. (Even if you only have the skills of Virtuoso 33% from the favour boost).
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • the percent isn't affected by favours, while the rank is.

This is false, afaik. Higher rank=Better boon.

Mythical %33+x's favour can get you to trans while expert %33 + x's favour doesn't get you to virtuoso.

I'm putting down X because, different divines have different lesson boons in their favors, which corelates with their seniority.
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Saz said:
    the percent isn't affected by favours, while the rank is.

Mythical %33+x's favour can get you to trans while expert %33 + x's favour doesn't get you to virtuoso.

I'm putting down X because, different divines have different lesson boons in their favors, which corelates with their seniority.
    That is not what Stratas said.  He is simply saying that one half of the text returned ignores the favour (the percent) and the other half respects it (the rank).  Not sure if that is the case since I have never tested it, but his post has nothing to do at all with how much a favour actually adjusts your skills.
  • Saz said:
    the percent isn't affected by favours, while the rank is.

He is not talking about the actual Favour. He is talking about how AB Percentages displays its information.

Ab Percentages shows your true %, but it doesn't show your true rank, instead it shows your favoured rank.
  • I must have misread it then, I don't know how AB percentages work anyways. I merely stated how favors function
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • All hail @Ianir !!!!

:bowdown:
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • I just want to offer a general apology to everyone who may be involved in a little issue recently. I know some people have been a bit hurt and upset and my default reaction was to dive in head first to try and fix things for everyone asap and make everyone happy again but I think I may have made things worse by poking my nose in trying to help when patience would have been the better option.

• edited January 2017
    Need coffee
  • Versalean said:
    Need coffee
    This. With a shot of espresso. Maybe a straw and bottle of wine at my desk. 
    Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Brandy is dandy, but liquor is quicker.
  • Okay but isn't Brandy a liquor?
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Distilled wine, so maybe
  • It is most definitely a spirit/liquor. That distillation is pretty much the definition.

Source: former alcoholic.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Versalean said:
    Need coffee
    Perhaps a kafe bean will do instead?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:
    Versalean said:
    Need coffee
    WTB METAWAKE IRL PST
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Versalean said:
    Tylwyth said:
    Versalean said:
    Need coffee
    WTB METAWAKE IRL PST
    You sure? You fall into blissful sleep only to be startled awake moments after, being utterly confused as to what's going on? Plus you get more exhausted by trying not to fall asleep... doesn't sound like something I'd like to have.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Aeldra said:
    Versalean said:
    Tylwyth said:
    Versalean said:
    Need coffee
    WTB METAWAKE IRL PST
    You sure? You fall into blissful sleep only to be startled awake moments after, being utterly confused as to what's going on? Plus you get more exhausted by trying not to fall asleep... doesn't sound like something I'd like to have.
    Sounds like a normal night's sleep to me...?
    yep, apart of the fact you only had 5 seconds of sleep before it kicks in, so instead of a nights rest... you get the idea. I think the better idea would be wtb supramortal irl. Eat and drink when you want and bye sleep.
    Aeldra said:
    yep, apart of the fact you only had 5 seconds of sleep before it kicks in, so instead of a nights rest... you get the idea. I think the better idea would be wtb supramortal irl. Eat and drink when you want and bye sleep.
    Refresh Me would be nice, too.  "I don't want to feel tired / hungry / hurt, so I won't!"
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Or just level 80 RL.
    Luce said:
    Or just level 80 RL.

Aeldra said:
    I was replying to the level 80 thing! :p
    TIL I learned that I was orbiting about my first nature clue ( which I didn't solve in the two hours I was trying ) by a -single- room difference. Adrenaline or frustration did make me miss it... (building on Zoaka) :-(
  • le sigh, I need to work on my Google-Fu for next year's Knowledge seal
  • Or just your Imperial and Hallifax history, sheesh. 
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Sad I had to miss Knowledge, my second favorite event. Bad day to be stuck at a kid's birthday party. Hope everyone else had fun.
  • edited January 2017
    Talks with @Versalean scare me a bit, I don't know why a tree would have boobs.
    <3
    Versalean said:
    @Didi - I want to marry your RP and have its kids <3
    Keep doing what you do.
    (The Shadow Kindred): Dylara says, "Didi is pretty awesome, glad someone stole her."

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
     I missed both of the events I had a chance for. Sad, but hopefully my beauty submission will do well!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
This discussion has been closed.