QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• Drakius said:
    It's OOC in the sense you can talk mechanics but not last night's game, like Crux afaik
    Anon is for exactly what Xenthos just said Crux is for. There's no OOC chatter on it, including system stuff etc.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • (Market): @Cyna says, "Rhyming is the best way to advertise. Priestess of Nil, here to spiritually 
    advise."
    (Market): Cyna says, "Bloody Nil that was terrible. I apologize."
  • Discussing (someday) raising someone as TA:

(Fire Hogwash): Rhi (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "We should raise me for rp :)"

(Fire Hogwash): Steingrim (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Maybe, Rhi, but we should time that for my impeachment."
  • Barrin Strongleaf, Serene Truthspeaker says, "Will Kendra die again."

"Emanating from the eerie face of Atropos, a strange voice intones, "Most likely"

LOL

Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited January 2017
    Yarith spins the Matrix around the power node and closes his eyes. The air around him sparkles and fills with a thrumming buzz.

(Ad-Hoc): Yarith says, "It's a simple feat for the CC GC of the Institute."

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
     @Aquifn: "Need one more at mother for a good time."
  • I was about to post that!
    <3
    Versalean said:
    @Didi - I want to marry your RP and have its kids <3
    Keep doing what you do.
    (The Shadow Kindred): Dylara says, "Didi is pretty awesome, glad someone stole her."

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited February 2017
    oops, wrong thread.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    (Ad-Hoc): Yarith says, "Vivet most welcoming Hallifaxian."

(Ad-Hoc): Yarith says, "Mentions Daath, shocks Czixi."

(Ad-Hoc): Falmiis says, "Lol."

I swear I am usually better at Divine chitchat than this.

• I thought this was enough warning :P

(Ad-Hoc): You say, "So also responsible for the Daath Sequence, losing many Elder lives :D."

• Actually, my favourite line from that series of events came from Falmiis.

Emerging from a tear in the planar fabric with His dual swords raised overhead, the hulking form of Thax swings them downward at the Welkin in a hiss of steam.

Czixi reacts at once, moving in a blur - Her form splits into two, four, eight, until She surrounds Jadice and Isune in a protective formation. But the movement gives Her barely enough time to raise Her blades in response to Thax, Whose strength leaves Her stumbling beneath His blades.

*Shedrin starts gusting Thax, gets flicked to astral, then gets zapped when he returns a moment later to continue doing so. Wondir sacrifices herself for Czixi, other people react in various ways*

Ripping a savage hole in the fabric of reality, Thax steps forward and disappears as the bleeding wound in the aether mends behind Him.

Lightly, @Falmiis Shevat says, "I am somewhat relieved that it was not I who drew Kethuru's essence into the city that time."
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Emeritus Phoebus Windwhisper says to Shedrin, "Notice anything different about me?"

Phoebus strikes a pose.

Shedrin's crystalline form shifts to a cool sky-blue colour as he gazes in the direction of Phoebus.

Commissar Shedrin Windwhisper says to Phoebus, "Define yourself."
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Yarith said:
    Actually, my favourite line from that series of events came from Falmiis.

Emerging from a tear in the planar fabric with His dual swords raised overhead, the hulking form of Thax swings them downward at the Welkin in a hiss of steam.

Czixi reacts at once, moving in a blur - Her form splits into two, four, eight, until She surrounds Jadice and Isune in a protective formation. But the movement gives Her barely enough time to raise Her blades in response to Thax, Whose strength leaves Her stumbling beneath His blades.

*Shedrin starts gusting Thax, gets flicked to astral, then gets zapped when he returns a moment later to continue doing so. Wondir sacrifices herself for Czixi, other people react in various ways*

Ripping a savage hole in the fabric of reality, Thax steps forward and disappears as the bleeding wound in the aether mends behind Him.

Lightly, @Falmiis Shevat says, "I am somewhat relieved that it was not I who drew Kethuru's essence into the city that time."
    For the reference nobody will get, Thax uses Porte'?
  • Nah, Mysrai's the one with the mirrors.
  • Porte isn't mirror travel, the mirror thing is just a side bit
  • edited February 2017
    You get down on one knee and, while holding forth a hunting trophy bearing Anelissa's head, you declare your eternal love for Vordra, and ask her to marry you.

Vordra blinks.

You say, "I was trying to give you head while I proposed."

"Oooooooooh!" Vordra says, eyes wide with wonder.
    The playa you love to hate

• Ves has been beaten into a fine mush by a mass of tentacles.

Chaote Ves (Female Tae'dae).
    She is 19 years old, having been born on the 7th of Estar, 447 years after the Coming of Estarra.
    She is unranked in Lusternia.
    She is an extremely credible character.
    She is a Serf in the Grand Dominion of Gaudiguch.
    She is a Freshman Novice in the Illuminati.

:D 
  • So I tried using a falcon scarf during the Death challenge...

A keen-eyed falcon dives forward, talons glinting, and viciously shreds deep gashes in a roseate dream phoenix with gossamer wings of ethereal light.
    You shift the reserved damage of your last strike forward.
    The final blow proves too much for a roseate dream phoenix with gossamer wings of ethereal light, who expires, pitifully.
    You have slain a roseate dream phoenix with gossamer wings of ethereal light.
    A roseate dream phoenix with gossamer wings of ethereal light, your loyal companion, has been slain by Breandryn.
    Your Event Challenge score increases by 2.
    A roseate dream phoenix with gossamer wings of ethereal light shimmers and fades away from sight.
    A roseate dream phoenix with gossamer wings of ethereal light has lost a level.
    You have slain a roseate dream phoenix with gossamer wings of ethereal light.
    A roseate dream phoenix with gossamer wings of ethereal light, your loyal companion, has been slain by Breandryn.
    A roseate dream phoenix with gossamer wings of ethereal light has lost a level.
  • Breandryn said:

Ves has been beaten into a fine mush by a mass of tentacles.

Chaote Ves (Female Tae'dae).
    She is 19 years old, having been born on the 7th of Estar, 447 years after the Coming of Estarra.
    She is unranked in Lusternia.
    She is an extremely credible character.
    She is a Serf in the Grand Dominion of Gaudiguch.
    She is a Freshman Novice in the Illuminati.

:D 
    Why is this a good thing?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• I just thought an Illuminati novice being squished by tentacles was pretty appropriate.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/o_oVRRIU

This set the tone for the death event.

Note the griefy spam "hi".
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Remmiel's lips turn up in a ghost of a smile and he says, "I would prefer neither of you die, You are both incredible assets to this forest, Vision quest or no."

Adasser, Wolverine's Mask laughs abruptly.

Adasser, Wolverine's Mask exclaims, "Perhaps the High Chief, yes. But I just stand to guard the Moonhart and the Maiden. Not much of an asset!"

Adasser, Wolverine's Mask says, "Though, in a former life, I would probably say something about assests."

Adasser, Wolverine's Mask winks knowingly.

Grinning, you say to Adasser, Wolverine's Mask, "I believe your charge should be the one to judge your worth."

You roll your eyes at Adasser, Wolverine's Mask.

You have emoted: One of Everiine's great wings flashes out and swipes at Adasser, Wolverine's Mask before returning to it's place, like nothing happened.

"Ouch!", Adasser, Wolverine's Mask shrieks in pain.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Shuyin said:
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/o_oVRRIU

This set the tone for the death event.

Note the griefy spam "hi".
    wellfuck.jpg

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited February 2017
    As though answering the call of the earth, the deep black haze crashes down upon you. As it reaches the ground, it explodes in buffeting waves of power.

The buffeting waves of power rock over Aramel, leaving her blinking dully as the ground beneath you trembles.

Aramel coughs and hacks desperately as blood bubbles and froths from her mouth, expelling small chunks of darkly poisoned tissue.

The ground lurches beneath Aramel as the power of the taint bomb consumes her, leaving only an empty husk behind.
    You have slain Aramel.

:( I kinda feel bad, that looks painful.)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited February 2017
    A king's ransom of golden sovereigns tells you, "Oh, Smelly! You should get together with my spouse."

Either I'm about to get a mail order husband, or gold is pretty open-minded.

EDIT:
    Tokami tells you, "My love! Do you want a pound of flax?"

Well that answers that.

• (clan): Aramel says, "Xeii is like 'look at this sweet summer child.'"

(clan): Aramel says, "'I am on my phone all the time,' quoth Xeii."

(clan): You say, "Cackle."

(clan): Gero says, "Suddenly there came a swagging as of someone gangsta rapping #rapping at my chamber door, Quoth the Raven, "Swag galore.""

"May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.