Artifact Ideas

Comments

• Chatterbox: Crank the box and it will spit out six randomly selected says spoken within the last hour, back to back. Give it whatever limit is necessary to avoid being super spammy.

I imagine this would have a chance to either be highly amusing or highly disappointing.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Thul said:
    Brand of Nature/Life/Death/Chaos/Harmony/War/Justice/Beauty/Knowledge: Increases claim speed for the relevant domoth by one level (demigod claims like ascendant, ascendant claims like TA at related domoth, TA at related domoth...)
    Then what's the point of having a seal?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Acts like a combined brand and circlet of lucidity.
  • And a cubix++.
    I can see the allure, believe me, I can... being that I've claimed plenty of domoths as demi across a couple of characters, I know how painful it is to claim as a demi. But it's still kind of the point of the seal... and part of the benefits of being an ascendant. Who would care to raise ascendants if people could just throw credits at domoths and claim as fast as one? What's next... non-demis (pre-lvl 100) claim at demi speed with said brand?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited May 2013
    Ball of trash: You can ROLL BALL ON <article of clothing> to make it count as negative prestige until you next scrub/cleanse/etc with it on.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Tredian asked me to post this:

An artifact that attracts slivvens to your module.
  • edited May 2013
    I imagine coding this would be hell, if even at all possible, but:

Curse of the Persuasive Orator: A wand with charged with a powerful ancient curse.
    CAST CURSE AT <target>
    Marking somebody with the curse of the orator will cause their spoken words to occasionally manifest. If the target says a noun that matches the main noun of some thing that exists within the game (eg: hat, cake, kindling, sword, slivven) , there is a tiny percent chance that that item or angry beast will spawn in the room.

Obviously a lot of items would be out of the question. The curse would probably not last that long, and it'd probably be a lot more fun if there was no first or third person warning about it.
  • ^ could also manifest certain abilities or other miscellaneous effects, like setting the room of fire or casting you randomly into Astral.
  • Clockwork Headset of Aetheric Excellence: Grants permanent Omniscience while worn.
  • edited May 2013
    Summa Cum Laude Certificate: CERTIFICATE LEARN <skill> to automatically select and transcend an unlearned but SKILLCHOICE SELECT available skill.

Magna Cum Laude Certificate: CERTIFICATE LEARN <skill> to learn to trans any selected skill you are not yet transcendent in.

Cum Laude Certificate: CERTIFICATE LEARN <skill> to automatically jump from whatever your current percentage is in your current skillrank to that percentage in the next skillrank of any selected skill you are not yet transcendent in. (eg: if you are 72% of the way from Fabled to Mythical, you will become 72% of the way from Mythical to Transcendent.)

HEAVY eq loss. :p Like full 2 minutes.

(these are, naturally, one-time use items)
  • Enchanted Bottomless Tankard:
    A failed experiment in keeping the ale flowing for all eager drunkards, this cup is missing a bottom, making it more like a cylinder with a handle. Any liquid poured into it will fall right towards the ground, but before contact will be magically redirected, forcing everybody in the room to take a sip.
  • Skye said:
    Enchanted Bottomless Tankard:
    A failed experiment in keeping the ale flowing for all eager drunkards, this cup is missing a bottom, making it more like a cylinder with a handle. Any liquid poured into it will fall right towards the ground, but before contact will be magically redirected, forcing everybody in the room to take a sip.
    Dear gods, no. We've got enough grief-arties as it is.
  • Smoke bomb:
    THROW SMOKEBOMB to change location with a random mutual ally in the same area once per day. Will quickly lose you friends.
  • Beast Vision Goggles:

Removes your character from the game and puts you in direct control of your sentient pet. Allows for the pet to RP without you.

Never will happen + want it so baddddd.
  • Skye said:
    Beast Vision Goggles:

Removes your character from the game and puts you in direct control of your sentient pet. Allows for the pet to RP without you.

Never will happen + want it so baddddd.
    You would never see Skye in game again, let me tell you.
  • Am I the only one who finds the self-replying a little odd?
    If I'm on topic, something has gone horribly wrong.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Casilu said:
    Am I the only one who finds the self-replying a little odd?
    /me blinks at Casilu in astonishment.

PS: The beast goggles would be a heck of a lot of fun.
  • Xenthos said:
    Casilu said:
    Am I the only one who finds the self-replying a little odd?
    /me blinks at Casilu in astonishment.

PS: The beast goggles would be a heck of a lot of fun.
    Don't give me that look, Zen Toast.
    If I'm on topic, something has gone horribly wrong.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited May 2013
    Pretty Rune Name

This is attached to a personal book. Allows you to SUMMON the runed from whenever you are. 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    An artifact that increases the amount of health, mana and ego you can empath. I'm out of fancy names.
    Rivius said:
    An artifact that increases the amount of health, mana and ego you can empath. I'm out of fancy names.
    You can empath health, mana and ego? Why in the world would you need to? o.O

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Beast empathing is extremely useful if you're using a lot of the high cost beast abilities.
    Ah, makes sense. For a moment there, I thought we were talking about aethercraft empath and was all... huh?

• Natural Gnome: Harvests one random herb from one random room anywhere in Lusternia per minute. Can hold a maximum of 600 herbs (i.e. at least 10 hours worth). If there are no herbs in the randomly picked room, it checks if it's holding one to plant; if it does, it plants it. If not, no herbs harvested that time!

Since it'd be completely random, you'd not always get one herb per minute; for instance, if the random room is in a city, then there'd obviously be no herbs to harvest. It also wouldn't put herbalists out of work, since you'd need 20 of these just to start matching what anyone can harvest, and 60 to match the quickest.
  • You'd want to restrict it to planes that normally carry herbs (Prime, Ethereal, Water, Earth, Astral). 

Just imagine if each of Eventru's godrealm rooms had a chance to screw you over!
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    That seems like a really convoluted (and time-sinky) way of asking for what's basically the equivalent of protean spider/smoker's pouch for regular herbs.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Turnus said:

That seems like a really convoluted (and time-sinky) way of asking for what's basically the equivalent of protean spider/smoker's pouch for regular herbs.

Except that it also replants rooms passively (unless that's what a protean spider does?). I would buy them just for that.
  • Curio bag. Put curios in the bag, and  they still count as being in your inventory, even though your don't see them when you look at your inventory. Magic item curios can still be rubbed for the enchantment, you still get the benefit of your travel curios and your selected damage enhancement and damage resistance curio. When you have a ton of curios, they really clutter up the inventory, and putting them in a pack removes the benefit.
  • Guild artifact:

Power of one: Allows your guild tutor to add to the amount of people present to hold a guild rite.

Should help with the smaller guilds