Emote Ideas

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited January 2017
    Edit #2: There was a new page.  Ninja-Isune!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Isune said:
    The following emotes may or may not be a thing now:
    • steeple
    I love you so hard right now.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • We are still looking for new emotes. Especially any for races on HELP RACIAL EMOTES that have 3 or less unique emotes.
  • edited February 2017
    @isune:

chew - You chew on your lip in pensive thought (or on a person, I guess, if you target it)

dracnari, flameburp - A mighty belch burbles up from your chest, the burp erupting as a small gout of odious flame.

elfen, onenature (perhaps only for terrain that Demi trait works in?) - Your eyes close as you draw in a deep breath, the heady scents of forest and field invigorating you.

faeling, tumblewing - You swoop and tumble through the air, wings beating furiously as you execute a series of aerial acrobatics.

igasho, iwarn - You bare your teeth as a low growl creeps from your throat, muscles flexing beneath fur in a menacing display.

illithoid, ihunger - A sudden, wracking hunger overtakes you, the ravenous urge impossible to ignore./Name abruptly emits a low hiss, eyes narrowing as he eyes target with a ravenous gaze.

maggot, mflee - In a wriggling panic, you struggle to inch your way out of danger, a trail of ooze spurting behind you.
  • For CHEW, I imagine CHEWLIP is suitable?

(Beyond that, these are great and I imagine we can easily pop them into the game!)
  • Oh! Didn't know chewlip was a thing. I totally had an alias I was using >_> Thank you!
  • Flameburp, bask, tumblewing, warnsnarl (originally called 'iwarn'), illhunger (originally called 'ihunger'), and inchaway (originally called 'mflee') have been added to our emote lists. NB, they have yet to be added to HELP RACIAL EMOTES, but that will most likely be done in the next day or so.

Regarding the proposed 'onenature' idea for Elfen, we debated on whether we wanted to reference the heady forests in some capacity. While we understand the intent, we worry about 1) the lack of environment one may find themselves in but also 2) shoehorning elfens as being super-nature oriented. Something similar to 'onenature' has been proposed a couple times for Elfen, and it just never seems to be neutral enough for an emote, you know? If you have any other ideas, we would be happy to take them!
  • can we have zsnap
    The playa you love to hate
  • Can faelings get like a humming bird wing flutter

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Veyils I think hover qualifies for that.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    @Veyils I think hover qualifies for that.

I was kind of thinking something a bit more delicate though.
  • Might need you to elaborate a bit more on what you had in mind @Veyils?
  • Bob rapidly flutters his wings, aerially darting to and fro in a frenetic flash of faeling.

(I hate hummingbirds, they are evil death birds)
  • Something like "wingflutter"

Veyils flutters her wings softly.

Only written by someone whos good at writing.
  • edited February 2017
    Elfen:

Bashful: <elf> blushes, the tips of their ears turning a deep shade of red.

Gaze: <elf> fixes <you/person> with a serene, lofty stare.

Eblanch: A nauseated pallor slowly suffuses <your/person's> face from neck to ear-tips.

Ebrow: <you> stare around the room, one eyebrow arched in an arrogant, but quizzical, expression.

<person> stares around the room, one eyebrow arched in an arrogant, but quizzical, expression.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Loboshigaru ideas

puddle
    Person cowers in fear, a small puddle forming at their feet.
    Person cowers in fear while looking at Other Person, a small puddle forming at Person's feet.
    You cower in fear, a small puddle forming at your feat. 

nervousshake
    Person's body shakes wildly, looking about the room with uneasy eyes.
    Person's body shakes as their uneasy eyes fall upon Other Person.
    You feel your body begin to shake as you take in the room with uneasy eyes.

Because I saw a chihuahua today
  • Gain this emote after making 10 emotes in a manse three separate times in one week.

allure
    With an alluring smile, Your gaze falls upon Thax as Your eyelashes flutter rapidly.
    Drocilla's eyelashes flutter rapidly at You as She gives You an alluring smile.
    Drocilla's  eyelashes flutter rapidly as She looks to Thax with an alluring smile.
  • Drakius said:
    Loboshigaru ideas

puddle
    Person cowers in fear, a small puddle forming at their feet.
    Person cowers in fear while looking at Other Person, a small puddle forming at Person's feet.
    You cower in fear, a small puddle forming at your feat. 

nervousshake
    Person's body shakes wildly, looking about the room with uneasy eyes.
    Person's body shakes as their uneasy eyes fall upon Other Person.
    You feel your body begin to shake as you take in the room with uneasy eyes.

Because I saw a chihuahua today
    No Más!

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Not a racial idea, but everytime I hear someone mumbling about goop, my mind thinks of something like this:

1. person: Considering the improbable possibility of aethergoop, you ecstatically let it run through your fingers, exclaiming, "look Aethergoop!"
    3. person: Aeldra pulls some aethergoop from her pockets. An ecstatic smile appears on her lips as she exlaims to her surroundings, "Look aethergoop!"

or something along the lines. It'd be something I'd be using to any questions regarding 'what did you get from the wheel / that present'.

Though I admit it's kind of silly and not sure if it should really be implemented. ;)
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited February 2017
    GLEAM for merians. Alternatively, FINFAN, lol, as it's basically preen + wingfan for fish-people. (Is this too similar to any other merian emotes? I can't think of any.)

Emote:
    1p: You fan your fins out leisurely, your scales gleaming with a radiant, healthy shine.
    3p: Marilynth fans her fins out leisurely, her scales gleaming with a radiant, healthy shine.

1pt: You fan your fins out leisurely and look at Estarra, your scales gleaming with a radiant, healthy shine as you consider Her.
    2pt: Marilynth fans out her fins leisurely, her scales gleaming with a radiant, healthy shine as she considers you.
    3pt: Marilynth fans out her fins leisurely, her scales gleaming with a radiant, healthy shine as she considers Estarra.

Pose: Marilynth fans out her fins here leisurely, her scales gleaming radiantly with a healthy shine.
    PoseT: Marilynth fans out her fins here leisurely as she considers Estarra, her scales gleaming radiantly with a healthy shine.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Gleam is added (although, probably should have labeled it finfan. Oh well!). Still mulling over the proposed elfen emotes and allure. We will see!
  • @Hoaracle think of Drocilla! Allure needs to be added
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Meant to ask: can we currently tie emotes to skills, or is it just guild, race, gender, org, order?

• Allure is actually rather similar to the existing flutter emote. I'm not sure it's unique enough to be an emote of its own.

@Luce: Just org, race, gender right now yes. I know we were looking at expanding this, but as always, it will depend on time available. 
  • Luce said:
    Meant to ask: can we currently tie emotes to skills, or is it just guild, race, gender, org, order?

At present, it is only possible to tie emotes to organization (be it guild, nation, order; however, it can only be one of these), race, gender, or as a curio emote (i.e. beard and hair curios). I imagine once the Guild Overhaul rolls through, we will be able to differentiate them based on skillsets, but don't quote me on that because I am not privvy to that work. 

Drakius said:
    @Hoaracle think of Drocilla! Allure needs to be added
    This is actually why it is being discussed! Because if @Drocilla wants to use it for her evil schemes, she would have to request it herself! 
  • Here's a mugwump idea because I do this a lot on my mugwump:

puffcheeks
      You inhale deeply, puffing your cheeks out as you hold the air in.
      Pash inhales deeply, puffing her cheeks out as she holds the air in.
  • I don't know that these are quite right, but they could work with a bit of tweaking:

dapplelight (Wildewood)
    • You allow your leafy boughs to sway in slow, steady rhythms as your mind wanders along ancient paths of memory, your foliage casting patterns of soft dappled light that dance across the ground.
    • Elryn's leafy boughs sway in slow, steady rhythms as he seems to withdraw and take on a faraway look, his foliage casting patterns of soft dappled light that dance across the ground.
    • Elryn's leafy boughs sway in slow, steady rhythms as he looks at you with eyes full of memory, his shifting foliage shading you in a soft, dappled light.

loomshade (Wyrdenwood)
    • You concentrate on your dark purpose as you exude a foreboding presence, and with silent intent you stretch your canopy until looming shadows cover the area.
    • Elryn's visage darkens and a foreboding presence fills the area, his branches suddenly looming closer as the shadows under his canopy lengthen.
    • Elryn's visage darkens and you are filled with foreboding as he stares intently at you, his branches suddenly looming closely overhead and covering you in shadow.

takeroot (Wildewood/Wyrdenwood)
    • Twisting root tendrils grow outwards from your lower limbs and explore the ground beneath you, seeking connection with the deep earth and a moment's reprieve from the haste of the disjointed world around you.
    • Twisting root tendrils grow outwards from Elryn's lower limbs and explore the ground beneath him, as he closes his eyes and breathes a long, slow and enormously weary sigh.
    • Twisting root tendrils grow outwards from Elryn's lower limbs into the ground, as he looks pointedly at you and settles his trunk in place with resolute, immovable finality.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Airsit (Aeromancers only, 'soft prone' like kneel)

1u: You call to the air around you and form it into a comfortable seat for yourself.
    3u: Maligorn takes a step back and seats himself comfortably on nothing.

1t: You call upon the air around you, hardening it into a comfortable seat while you pull Pejat into your lap.
    2t: Maligorn seats himself on nothing as he pulls you into his lap.
    3t: Maligorn seats himself on nothing and pulls Pejat into his lap.

up: Maligorn is sitting here in midair.
    tp: Maligorn is sitting in midair here with Pejat in his lap.