Factions, to wait or not?

Hey folks!

So, I've been keeping an eye on the Factions thing for a while now, though I haven't been playing for a long time, and I was wondering; Would it be advisable to hold off on making a fresh character to start playing again until Factions are released? I understand it will be quite the shift in RP and fluff, so I'm not sure whether it'd be worth starting now or not. If it helps, I intend to play in Magnagora, and the Society faction sounds perfect for my character, whereas none of the existing guilds do. Opinions and advice welcome!

Comments

• Well, one other approach would be to create a new character with the sole purpose of getting your feet wet again and get a feel of the land, and then when factions roll around you create the Magnagoran you want to create.
  • Hmm. Maybe, but I'm not a big fan of multiple characters, or just making one to tide myself over until I can make the new one. Kinda kills the enthusiasm for the temp one, you know?
  • Start now, get involved in the city, learn the ropes, you'll be established and be able to make more of a mark on the new faction.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    There's also not yet a released timeline for when factions are going to be released. The planning is still going on, though coming to a close. There's a lot of coding to be done. I'd start a new character now, as you still have plenty of time to develop them and get accustomed to the game.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Well that's fairly unanimous! Thank you very much for the input, folks, I'll get around to making a character when there's more people about. Timezones are always a pain with stuff like this. 

Magnagora, here I come.