Character Secrets

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Celina probably dislikes you.

Almost certainly, really.

She also keeps a weapons rack full of arms and legs in her manse. Some are really really old.

She is fascinated by @Mysrai and has to hold back her inquisitiveness.

She feels more and more isolated as she gets older. Be it in her nature or as a consequence of her personality and position in the commune, she has little personal interaction with anyone and is often lonely. She deeply misses Talan, Narynth, Sidd, and other relationships that kept her grounded. She is a little lonely.

She would probably dump Astraea for Sidd if he ever asked. She will always consider sidd her soul mate due to their bond on the battlefield. (sorry asty. I still <3 you) You might even call it love, or celina's awkward version of it, though she would never ever say it as it is anathema to her beliefs about emotion.

She has been known as the heartless for a century now and she would prefer to be called it all the time. Probably the only title she'd accept from another SD. The banishment of emotion is a constant struggle and she prides herself in that her name has become synonymous with being cruel, cold, and heartless. Her title is more a reminder of her role and purpose for herself rather than the rest of the world.

She is extremely spiritual. She believes things so deeply they almost define her personality. I, the player, ponder leaving SDs but I'm not sure I could RP celina as anything but sd again. Mother Night fills the void Fain left behind. The cold, distant, awe inspiring figure with a rigid and harsh hierarchy where her status is respected and feared.

She spends a ton of time shopping for clothes. She likes dresses and outfits. She will browse designs for hours but never makes anything that isn't practical. She has a reputation to maintain.
  • Celina said:
    Celina probably dislikes you. Almost certainly, really. She also keeps a weapons rack full of arms and legs in her manse. Some are really really old. She is fascinated by @Mysrai and has to hold back her inquisitiveness. She feels more and more isolated as she gets older. Be it in her nature or as a consequence of her personality and position in the commune, she has little personal interaction with anyone and is often lonely. She deeply misses Talan, Narynth, Sidd, and other relationships that kept her grounded. She is a little lonely. She would probably dump Astraea for Sidd if he ever asked. She will always consider sidd her soul mate due to their bond on the battlefield. (sorry asty. I still <3 you) You might even call it love, or celina's awkward version of it, though she would never ever say it as it is anathema to her beliefs about emotion. She has been known as the heartless for a century now and she would prefer to be called it all the time. Probably the only title she'd accept from another SD. The banishment of emotion is a constant struggle and she prides herself in that her name has become synonymous with being cruel, cold, and heartless. Her title is more a reminder of her role and purpose for herself rather than the rest of the world. She is extremely spiritual. She believes things so deeply they almost define her personality. I, the player, ponder leaving SDs but I'm not sure I could RP celina as anything but sd again. Mother Night fills the void Fain left behind. The cold, distant, awe inspiring figure with a rigid and harsh hierarchy where her status is respected and feared. She spends a ton of time shopping for clothes. She likes dresses and outfits. She will browse designs for hours but never makes anything that isn't practical. She has a reputation to maintain.
    Ohmygosh. I'm so sad now. Is it because I love too hard?

Character Secret:

Astraea actually grows more and more wary of Nocht the older she gets. This is due to two things really, the first being a life spent beneath Mother Night and Lord Nocht, and being the Head of the Nightshades has instilled a degree of paranoia in her in regard to those who might be out to destroy her or her holdings, the second being, Nocht made Astraea an Avatar at the same time that he made Astraea's ex-wife Lyria an Avatar, this was done so by Him splitting a ball of his own essence to fill the both of them. Astraea has always been deeply unsettled by that action and wonders if Nocht hasn't some contingency for cursing her (especially as Lyria later left the Order) for perceived transgressions against him. Astraea is loyal to Nocht to a fault, would die for him, models herself after him, speaks for him where she is able - and yet, there is a dark corner of her mind where she wonders as to his motives, and if they don't have a nefarious design in store for her.

Consequently, if push came to shove, and Astraea was forced to choose, Astraea would help destroy Nocht (and perhaps herself as a result) in order to save, protect, or please Mother Night. 

Astraea also believes Mother Night is on par with Viravain, and that the day will come when the Wyrd overtakes the world, and those who follow it will have to choose between the insanity of Crow, or the everlasting grandeur of Mother Night. In the end, she believes that Mother Night has a contingency for just such a thing, and much like Gorgulu, Crow will become a sort of vestigial part of his own realm, capable only of inflicting pain and madness, but kept in check by the efforts of those superior to him (Mother Night). 

Astraea finds Celina endlessly entertaining, believing everything she does to be worthy of a small smile at the very least. 
  • Not a secret to people who've visited her manse, but Nilofer secretly adores everything gnomish, and is secretly working on making her manse into something like Castle Heterodyne out of Girl Genius. Also, she speaks perfectly normally, maybe even a bit improper-like, when she speaks in Aslaran.

Hourik is an alcoholic.

Kacir likes to get figurines of her precious Demon Lords and Lady and have them over as party guests for her birthdays down in Magnagora's Undercity. She usually serves them rabbits, raw.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited May 2013
    Nocht said:
    Note to self: Watch out for Astraea.
    Astraea will be your Xynthin! 

Siam also keeps autographs of people/gods that he likes:

"Siam's Autograph Book", By Waning Siam (Page 1)

Roarkian 21st, 268 CE:

~*~*~ N A R Y N T H     Y S A V ' R A I ~*~*~

Klangiary 19th, 332 CE:

/-----------------\
    < IOSAI THE ANOMALY >
     \-----------------/

"Siam's Autograph Book", By Waning Siam (Page 2)

^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^

Dear Librarian
    \|/              I signed your autograph book               \|/
     `                    Aren't I creative?                     `

/                         ____
         /                         |    \
        /____                      |_____|
            / |\  |\/ |\ |\ |      |  |  | /  |\ |\  |\ |\ |
           /  | | |\/ |/ |\ |  ()  |  |  | -- |\ | | |/ |\ |
          /   | | |   |\ |  |      |  |  |  / |  | | |\ |  |

Dvarsh 273CE

"Siam's Autograph Book", By Waning Siam (Page 3)
                 |                              ____.......__
                 |\      .'           _.--""''``             ``''--._
                 | \   .'/      ..--'`                             .-'`
          .._    |  \.' /  ..-''                                .-'
           '.`'"-:  '  .-'`                                  .-'
             '.             __...----""""""""""--..           \
             -         ..-''                       ``""-._     \
           .'  _.      \                                  `"-   \
          _.-'` |  /-.  \                                    `-. \
                | /   `. \                                      `.\
                |/      `-\                                       `.
                |
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Malarious has six personalities.  Mal is the short name for all of them, the majority reply to Malarious (the female one might ignore you).  These were actually decided before the character was made.

The first five are similar to the Demon Lords:

-Primary (Luciphage): The patient thinker, will sit in one place for long periods of time, waiting on things to go the way he wants before getting involved. He knows what he is doing, this is the normal version for day to day, leading, and similar.  This became the dominate personality after he spent time focusing on the teachings of Luciphage, which got him into lots of places!

-Secondary (Nifilhema): The best part of the fight is seeing the patterns from the blood splattering. War and pain is an art form, and should be savored. This one is usually there if solo raiding, rushing large groups (Luciphage thinks potential suicide is crazy), or dueling.  This is the only female personality, who has gotten more used to people calling her Malarious, though she responds perfectly to Mal.  This was actually the dominate personality when created, oddly enough, the femme is the most militant!

- (Ashtorath): When Mal gets mad, he gets mad. He has a personality purely for mad, so if you ever wondered why he seems to get ranty or flamey, this is why.  Rage is its own beauty and the surest sign of passion. This one will ignore many points of logic to do what he wants.

- (Baalphegar): This is generally the news poster, sometimes it is not depending on the situation though. The in depth thinker and psychological piece, for a period it was the primary. Does most of the writing and discussion, the inspiration for random Q and A sessions. Also the reason Mal will do puzzles. :)

- (Gorgulu): The destruction side.  This one never fully manifests, but it is the most direct in passive ways.  The need to find new and interesting fights/kills resulted in the creation of the Reaper Academy.  Other than contracts things you can see from this one are seemingly badly timed things:  This is the reason he will go for bad fights (fighting groups of mobs too large) and will stop ANY fight to behead a corpse.

The last one actually was a splinter, as he was missing a personality to deal with the Glomdoring.

- The Wyrden Zealot: This one is mostly purely RP. It is a personality that didnt manifest till the second entry to Glomdoring but was the result of trying to find a home he was comfortable with.  Mag was militant, the first time he was in Glom it was serious and deep, it seemed quieter, more tame the second time, so the part of him looking for structure and development generated this one.  Sometimes this one does the posting.

Ok, the writing probably sucked, but I have never actually written any of this out sooooooooooo yeah.  Hopefully you learned something new.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Arkzrael said:
    She probably joined the ranks of the women who had abstract crushes on Xenthos at some point.

Xenthos has never understood this.  Or even realized it is a thing.
    Xenthos said:
    Arkzrael said:
    She probably joined the ranks of the women who had abstract crushes on Xenthos at some point.

Fear not, Celina has never had a crush on Xenthos. Though she has wanted to crush him a few times. With her shoe.
  • Ah yes, the friendly fire toad stomp. Many a Serenwilde raid have been lost to an overeager lowbie with a trigger to stomp indiscriminately on the toadcurse message. Can't say I blame you, though really you should write it to be more exact in the future.
    Celina said:

Xenthos said:

Arkzrael said:

Fear not, Celina has never had a crush on Xenthos. Though she has wanted to crush him a few times. With her shoe.

I would be terribly disturbed if she did. Whew.
  • Xenthos said:

Arkzrael said:

Totally, though I won't out anyone. However, I'll warn that there are certain Basin matriarchs that probably have secret shrines with a lock of Xenthos' hair or something likewise creepy. Not Arkie-nom...but there are some out there. Arkie has a creeper fan club too. Made up of ALTs, Shaddus ALTs, novices, and noted Basin creepers besides Shaddus. Hence a large part of the manse-hiding habit.

• Well, since we're already talking about it...Character Secret: Astraea has always flirted with the thought of somehow getting into An'Ryshe, as she views it as the Glom family with the most potential to accomplish things beyond anyone's wildest dreams.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Astraea said:
    Well, since we're already talking about it...Character Secret: Astraea has always flirted with the thought of somehow getting into An'Ryshe, as she views it as the Glom family with the most potential to accomplish things beyond anyone's wildest dreams.
    A related secret to this:

Tacita only took the An'Ryshe name recently to annoy Eliron. She is as uncomfortable with the notion of actually being one as Xenthos is about being a Shee-Slaugh. She is too stubborn to back down and admit this (it turns out stubbornness is catching).
  • Astraea said:
    Well, since we're already talking about it...Character Secret: Astraea has always flirted with the thought of somehow getting into An'Ryshe, as she views it as the Glom family with the most potential to accomplish things beyond anyone's wildest dreams.
    Is there anyone in Glomdoring who doesn't think that? Caerulo has always wanted to ask Shayle to consider him, but never drummed up the courage to do so.
    edited May 2013
    Astraea said:

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww. We're so over.

edit: Character secret: Celina can't stand being related to 95% of the Nightshades. She just acts like It's only Astraea, Rowena, and Nihta and most of the others don't exist.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Shaddus gleefully flirts with married women because he knows nothing will likely come of it. Maybe. Probably not.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Celina said:
    Astraea said:

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww. We're so over.

edit: Character secret: Celina can't stand being related to 95% of the Nightshades. She just acts like It's only Astraea, Rowena, and Nihta and most of the others don't exist.

*nolove*

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Back before Genderbend existed, Viravain threatened to turn Xenthos female and stuff him in a frilly pink dress.

She did this in the Shadow Court.
  • Xenthos said:
    Back before Genderbend existed, Viravain threatened to turn Xenthos female and stuff him in a frilly pink dress.

Wouldn't a purple be more in theme?
    If I'm on topic, something has gone horribly wrong.
    Casilu said:
    Xenthos said:

Viravain had a secret fondness for pink.

Elostian once turned the Master Ravenwood pink for her.  Xenthos was livid.
  • Xenthos said:
    Casilu said:
    Xenthos said:

Ooooh, divine gossip! Are we going to have a slumber party?
    Casilu said:
    Xenthos said:
    Casilu said:
    Xenthos said:

I have many, many stories; the problem is that I cannot recite them on demand.  Someone needs to 'trigger' them to make them rise to the surface.

You know, like you just did.

No memories are found with the trigger of "slumber party," though.  I find myself greatly relieved, actually.
  • Xenthos said:
    Casilu said:
    Xenthos said:
    Casilu said:
    Xenthos said:

I have many, many stories; the problem is that I cannot recite them on demand.  Someone needs to 'trigger' them to make them rise to the surface.

You know, like you just did.

No memories are found with the trigger of "slumber party," though.  I find myself greatly relieved, actually.
    Do you want some, Xenny-poo? ;)
    No, but thank you.  That is a character secret I have little interest in!
  • edited May 2013
    The offer extends to Celina and Siam as well.

Edit: Probably Isune too.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Accepted, @Casilu!

Xenthos has a thing for dancing. Tacita, too. They've coerced Siam into dance-offs lots of times! While Xenthos and Tacita tend to pair with each other, Siam pairs with odd stuff like weed, his broom, his vacuum, etc.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

What, we're volunteering other players' secrets now?  :(
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Celina said:
    Xenthos said:
    Arkzrael said:

You married him in a couple of timelines. It is only inevitable.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Siam said:
    Accepted, @Casilu!

Xenthos has a thing for dancing. Tacita, too. They've coerced Siam into dance-offs lots of times! While Xenthos and Tacita tend to pair with each other, Siam pairs with odd stuff like weed, his broom, his vacuum, etc.
    Your poor tomato sandwich wife. She gets no love.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"