Lusternian AMA

edited March 2017 in Common Grounds
Inspired by a really fun thread Sebatti made over in Aetolia, this is a thread to ask other players anything about their characters! Why did @Phoebus pick the wing pattern she finally settled on? What's the story with @Xypher's weird eyes? How does @Celina deal with that burning sensation? 

Rules:
  • No questions that are mean/rude/not nice/baiting/trolling!
  • You need to reply to this post to signup - this is an opt-in AMA, so people don't feel pressured to answer questions
  • Avoid questions that have to do with plotlines in progress. Don't poke around for secrets meant to be uncovered through roleplay!
  • Participants are free to decline to answer a question or to redirect people to find out in-game
And, not a rule, but a suggestion: If you post an answer, consider posting a question as well, to help keep the conversation going!

Reply here if you want to participate! I will update this post with a list of names. :)

Participants:

- Shaddus
- Breandryn
- Sylandra
- Phoebus
- Nelras
- Drauzgot/Pash/Ulahlah
- Tamsin
- Falmiis
- Lavinya
- Daraius
- Chirbo
- Everiine
- Ixion
- Phoebus
- Ayisdra
- Karlach
- Tremula
- Selenity
- Riluna
- Saran
- Arix
- Kalaneya
- Maligorn
- Luce
- Tristanna
- Xeii
- Rideta
- Orventa
- Thayan
- Lavinya
- Celina/Cyndarin
- Shuyin
- Zyphora
- Dylara
- Sylvanus
- Aramel
- Sthai
- Mairin
- Ordassa
- Lynnie
- Alaksanteri
- Kay
- Xypher

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Are Breandryn and Xypher ever going to get married, or is that even a thing?

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Are Breandryn and Xypher ever going to get married, or is that even a thing?

Breandryn didn't really understand love or marriage, so when she finally proposed it was a big deal to her and emotionally transcendent. She's now enchanted with proposals, and has already broken the engagement once so Xypher could take a turn proposing. She's currently planning out her next proposal.

Are you signing up to answer questions?
    Breandryn said:

Are you signing up to answer questions?
    That's a dangerous question,  because I don't have a filter between my brain and my mouth. So, yes. Absolutely :)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Total Shaddus alts?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Well, it was just an example question, but I might as well answer.

Phoebus has brown wings with white bars because I wanted brown and white wings and not really for any other reason. It started as two bars and turned into three, but where those bars existed on her wings was ambiguous until I finally standardized their placement so it would be more consistent in drawings. In hindsight it would have been a lot easier to model them after an actual bird's wings so I could find direct references for the patterns in different wing positions... :s 
    Total Sylandra alts? :D
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited February 2017
    There can Only Be One. (I've started a few but they usually get deleted and I never play them long lol)

Edit: ok, checked "Characters" and one survived. But she's useless so don't expect her to be taking over your org any time soon.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited February 2017
    Can't think of anything that I wouldn't rather find out IC at the moment. Still, signing up just because I like the idea.

Edit: A question for Breandryn, even though it is just a small one. Does Breandryn send congratulations messages to everyone who wins an election?
  • edited February 2017
    Nelras said:
    Can't think of anything that I wouldn't rather find out IC at the moment. Still, signing up just because I like the idea.

Edit: A question for Breandryn, even though it is just a small one. Does Breandryn send congratulations messages to everyone who wins an election?
    Pretty much! I started doing it as a way to fish for RP (I've gotten a few interactions out of it!) and it's now a thing Breandryn does. She thinks everyone who has achieved something deserves to be recognized for their achievements. She's only intentionally omitted messaging like one or two people.

@Shaddus - not a question about any of your characters directly, but HOW do you keep so many straight?! Do you have pages and pages of notes? Do you ever find yourself slipping into the wrong personality or attitude for your current character?
  • I'll sign up, why not. Though Ulalah and Pash are probably the ones that are more interesting... I also don't yet have a question. I will, eventually.
  • Sign me up, I'm incredibly bored right now.
  • Doot doot. AMA.

@Shaddus - not a question about any of your characters directly, but HOW do you keep so many straight?! Do you have pages and pages of notes? Do you ever find yourself slipping into the wrong personality or attitude for your current character?
    A vast majority of my characters weren't played very long, maybe a week or two. I don't keep any sort of notes for them, because they aren't really developed.  They were started, perhaps a handful of credits bought to buy herbs/vials, and played. If they didn't catch my attention or I had to start forcing myself to log into them, I stopped playing them.

I've mixed them up a time or two, but it's rare. I try to mix up my speech sometimes, or use new emotes/try not to use the same emotes as Shaddus.

Admittedly, I do tend to play in the South orgs more. I can play almost anywhere, but I don't seem to feel a real connection most times when I'm playing in the North. In fact, I just retired a young character not long ago in a North org because I really couldn't get into the rp, and had a lack of people who were proactive about including me in stuff. That's not meant to be a dig at said org, just what happened this one time.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'll play!

Question for @Shaddus - which org do you find yourself playing in the least for whatever reason, and which the most?

Drauzgot said:
    I'll sign up, why not. Though Ulalah and Pash are probably the ones that are more interesting... I also don't yet have a question. I will, eventually.

<3 Ulalah and Pash
  • @Drauzgot - I find Pash very enigmatic. Is this by design, or just a side effect of all the work assisting Xypher?
    Lavinya said:
    I'll play!

Question for @Shaddus - which org do you find yourself playing in the least for whatever reason, and which the most?
    I seem to enjoy Mag the most and New Celest the least. Not for any ideological reasons or the people who play there. That's just based on what really amounts to success rate for characters there. Magnagora tends to catch my attention and keep me going more than New Celest.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I'll play
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Oh dear, @Shaddus knows Ulalah and Pash. Now I have to be paranoid...

@Breandryn - I actually made Pash exclusively because I wanted to RP with Xypher more, and when I first made her, she was sort of more ... quiet/awkward, I think. Weirder. So her enigmaticness has come with time, both because of Xypher and because of Breandryn and the Illuminati as a whole, actually.
  • @Daraius - Why won't Daraius craft for Gaudiguchians?
    The one or two times I rp'd with Pash on an alt, I couldn't tell whether she was teasing me or really did want me to find her a scrawny male orclach/androgynous dwarf male to hang around with. :|
  • edited February 2017
    @Daraius Given the detailed backstory you have as Daraius, could I ask how much of that was planned beforehand vs how much developed in game?
  • @Daraius As Hallifax's most notable agnostic, is there a specific design for your character in regard to divine beliefs?

• edited February 2017
    Hi I'm Chirbo, ask me stuff.

A popular question: How many alts?
    I have 25 Characters registered to my email, seven are retired, two are suicided, only five are not permanent (seven if you count the two suicided alts).
    That leaves me 11 characters that I can actually play, I only play three of them currently.

The playa you love to hate
  • @Drakius Nope, sorry. The law of no Thax is Hallifax was laid down by Estarra in the days of Elostian's patronship.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I'll sing up, too.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • AMA, sure.
  • I meant to post that in the other thread </3
    The playa you love to hate