Lusternian Divine AMA

Comments

• To all the gods, if the Havens had to compete in the Ascension challenges, who would win each challenge?
  • @Falmiis
    Mysrai has an aspect for every event, They win them all
  • Karlach said:
    Open Divine question.

If your Divine was still a teenager sat on their bed in their room with headphones on and spotify loaded up, what song would they be listening to?
    We are not going into my teenage years. That way lies embarrassment. However, I can toss you the artists off my current Spotify playlist that I generally run when I'm coding or doing anything really:

The Dead Tongues, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Mendel, The Mountain Goats, The Fall of Every Season, The Morningside, The Receiving End of Sirens, Saosin, Circa Survive, Ne Obliviscaris, Be'lakor, The Protomen, Alexisonfire, Tristania, Elton John, Fleetwood Mac, Pat Benatar, Eurythmics, Hozier, The Crüxshadows, Arkona, Korpiklaani, Agalloch, Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats, Ruby the Hatchet, Astrix, Infected Mushroom, Parov Stelar, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Ella Fitzgerald, Dave Brubeck, Motion City Soundtrack, The Offspring, Soundgarden, Visigoth, Gloryhammer, Jedi Mind Tricks, Aesop Rock, NYM, Alligatoah, Ministry, And One, KMFDM, Electric Six, and I honestly give up transcribing because I'm only about halfway down the playlist.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • @Thax: Is it creepy, having eaten part of Morgfyre's essence? Do you ever hear voices? Did it take voices away from him?
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited February 2017
    Man, I guess I'd want to just find out IC, but how close are @Czixi and Kalikai? It seems like very close to me.

@Ianir if you ever decided to stop being the Anomaly, would you be allowed to take on a RP-god role (like, say, Valtreth or something).

@Lisaera Do you favour one of your triune forms more than the other? Or do you try to embody all at once? How about past Lisaeras? It seems like these days all I see is Crone, with only inklings of Maiden and Mother. That might just be because I'm an ignorant citydweller, though.

@Isune Do you like me, y/n.

All: Fain just hasn't been touched in so long. Has there ever been any serious interest (like as a 2nd choice) among the ephemerals to become him? Same for Auseklis, Charune, Kalikai.

I know the Lost Divinities section of HELP GODS is supposed to be definitively, forever not going to be seen again. Is it really, 100% a permanent death? Do the current players of each God all have the authority to kill off their role permanently?

• @Maligorn

-- All of Lisaera's different forms (there are more than 3!) always come with a title change, so you should always see Who She is. Theoretically, without giving too much away, Her shifting form is really just a measurement of Her current temperament. The Silver Trinity (the Maiden, Mother, and Crone) is always present, regardless of whether you can see Them. When She is simply the Goddess of Silver, it's safe to assume She is unreadable on purpose - or is channeling the whole trinity at once. When She's the Crone, She might be trying to make a point of saying "You've done it now -- now pay the consequences," and so on. Also, I almost always have a very specific purpose for shifting forms around, so it's safe to assume that it's tied to any kind of current event, obvious or otherwise. 

And for the record, I haven't been the Crone in several months now!

-- Lost Divinities are full death, hard stop, for one reason or another. We like to say "never say never," but I'm fairly certain those roles are, forevermore, off the table. But who knows!
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    @Lisaera All of my Wolverine spirit interactions have been amazing, so thank you! You seem to have a propensity for terrifying RPs (such as making Ev believe She would vaporize him on the spot as he told his story about the Maeve).
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • @Shaddus There is quite a bit of Jadice/Manteekan lore that is written but as-yet unreleased. Some tidbits are known only to my most trusted order members. And yes, more will be forthcoming at some point, but perhaps not publicly. 
  • Everiine said:
    @Lisaera All of my Wolverine spirit interactions have been amazing, so thank you! You seem to have a propensity for terrifying RPs (such as making Ev believe She would vaporize him on the spot as he told his story about the Maeve).
    I wish all of the amazing Wolverine interactions were me! The one with smoke and a lot of nightmare elements was me, and I think it may have been the first. It was all smoke and visions from the fire, IIRC. 

Truthfully, @Hoaracle, myself, and other Serenwilde administrators have a pretty good handle on certain mobs, so we typically gravitate toward them, but that isn't to say we don't ever overlap. I'm glad you like what we've come up with so far, though! 
  • Maligorn said:

@Ianir if you ever decided to stop being the Anomaly, would you be allowed to take on a RP-god role (like, say, Valtreth or something).

I can't actually answer that one, sorry. Anomaly is a title wrapped in a lot of red tape, and I'll leave it at that.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    @Ianir, does that extend to @Roark? I've always had the impression that he's basically a coder and not an RP god in any real way, but I've also always kind of hoped to be wrong.

I guess Roark question if he's paying attention: Do you ever do RP god things, or are you basically an anomaly with a different title?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    @AllGods: Counterpart to Karlach's question, what's your character's theme song and why?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I remember @Corissai used to speculate a lot about @Jadice & @Manteekan-related lore until he stopped playing. I miss those days of winsome dreaming.

@AllGods, are there any races that you are particularly fond of, either IC or OOC? Any race. Not just limited to the ones we players can play.
  • @Drauzgot

IC, Hoaracle has some preference for traditionally un-Seren races. I've established that he has an affinity for Orclach (with some semi-released lore about Hoaracle interviewing Orclachmar back in the day), and he has a fink priest (which might have because I really enjoyed the tribal, witch doctor-y feel of them after reviewing their lore). He has some vague affinity to the various -woods (especially Wildewoods) because of the future timeline past nonsense, but that hasn't been played up much. 

OOC, I really like gnomes, and ever since last year's plotline, aslarans (again #Jojobo4Lyfe). I also really enjoy mugwumps because Bandrui is my fave. 
  • edited February 2017
    @thax Whoa. I've never really thought about that. I will say that so, so much of Lisaera's progress has taken the back seat to Serenwilde's needs, which I suppose is the double-edged sword of patroning. I do what I can to make sure that I still interject some of Lisaera's plotlines into different active events, but I'm much more careful now to withhold Her from the spotlight nowadays after a few not-so-kind messages from players who said they were, more or less, tired of seeing Lisaera around. I guess, in sum, it's a balancing act. My order gets to see a lot of my development, and frankly, if they're the ones who sign up for it, I'm willing to give them my all. The rest of Serenwilde...well. I still interact with them through mobs and events, and I suppose that's enough. 
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Drocilla if you could design your realm without any limitations (from Estarra or otherwise), how big would it be and what would it look like?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Is @Drocilla the only Elder able to transform into other Elders? Who is to say that someone like @Lisaera is Lisaera and not some Elder in disguise? From that, is there any sure fire way to prove an Elder is who they say they are?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ayisdra said:
    Is @Drocilla the only Elder able to transform into other Elders? Who is to say that someone like @Lisaera is Lisaera and not some Elder in disguise? From that, is there any sure fire way to prove an Elder is who they say they are?
    Oh I know this one! Dro stole Carakhan's pearl, right? Which is why she could disguise herself in the first place. But since Carakhan got the pearl back, I'd assume that all is well on the Divine imposter front.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • @thax

After a follow-up conversation about your question, I'll say this -- for almost 2 years, in different capacities, I was the only administrator working in Serenwilde. When I debuted as Lisaera, I initially considered focusing Her character on the various forms of magic found in the Serenwilde lore. She would be a devoted witch, a shaman, a worshipper of the Moon, a soothsayer, a voodoo priestess, all wrapped up into one big ball of a more feral Serenwilde. That all sort of changed when immediately, the players told me they wanted their strength back. I then spent all of my effort devoted to building up that idea, in literally all of my events and building endeavors, until Lisaera became this "bigger than life" persona that used very Mysrai-esque mystique to embolden players. I think it worked! For a while, Serenwilde was on top, and I got to perch on the shoulders of the war heroes, guiding when they asked for guidance and pushing when they were teetering. I was very present, because that seemed to be what the players wanted: a very visible god, because they hadn't had one in a few RL years. 

So I guess, upon further reflection, a lot of Serenwilde's unique needs, at that time, shaped who Lisaera became. 2 more RL years later, I'm just now going back to the original drawing board. Again, this is because I've decided to put a lot of distance between my IC persona and the playerbase, akin to @Hoaracle's approach, which gives me more time to focus on my order and other building/planning. The players don't seem to want visibility from me anymore, which is fine! It's a balancing act.