Lusternian Divine AMA

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Sylandra said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Is @Drocilla the only Elder able to transform into other Elders? Who is to say that someone like @Lisaera is Lisaera and not some Elder in disguise? From that, is there any sure fire way to prove an Elder is who they say they are?
    Oh I know this one! Dro stole Carakhan's pearl, right? Which is why she could disguise herself in the first place. But since Carakhan got the pearl back, I'd assume that all is well on the Divine imposter front.
    That means @Morgfyre can become @Neos, because he stole Neos' weave.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    @AllGods: my cousin's neighbor's dogwalker's hairdresser once told me that an ephmereal's first official job is to create a mob. What was yours, and why?

@Hoaracle: Your admitting that you've split from your predecessor's plans for your character is pretty interesting to me. I really don't know much about your rp style/outlook in character. Would you mind summing it up, and if possible, how it's changed from OldHoaracle?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Lisaera said:
    @thax

When I debuted as Lisaera, I initially considered focusing Her character on the various forms of magic found in the Serenwilde lore. She would be a devoted witch, a shaman, a worshipper of the Moon, a soothsayer, a voodoo priestess, all wrapped up into one big ball of a more feral Serenwilde. That all sort of changed when immediately, the players told me they wanted their strength back. I then spent all of my effort devoted to building up that idea, in literally all of my events and building endeavors, until Lisaera became this "bigger than life" persona that used very Mysrai-esque mystique to embolden players. I think it worked! For a while, Serenwilde was on top, and I got to perch on the shoulders of the war heroes, guiding when they asked for guidance and pushing when they were teetering. I was very present, because that seemed to be what the players wanted: a very visible god, because they hadn't had one in a few RL years. 

So I guess, upon further reflection, a lot of Serenwilde's unique needs, at that time, shaped who Lisaera became. 2 more RL years later, I'm just now going back to the original drawing board. Again, this is because I've decided to put a lot of distance between my IC persona and the playerbase, akin to @Hoaracle's approach, which gives me more time to focus on my order and other building/planning. The players don't seem to want visibility from me anymore, which is fine! It's a balancing act.
    oooh, I would absolutely love to see the Lisaera initially described and love seeing the gods around. 
    Well, let's see it :smiley:
  • That information is classified! ;) Plus, she only shows off and has eyes for her owner, Isune is just 'another Elder' to her. She's touchy that way  B)
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Here's a question. Favorite end-of-year event?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Lisaera said:
    @thax

After a follow-up conversation about your question, I'll say this -- for almost 2 years, in different capacities, I was the only administrator working in Serenwilde. When I debuted as Lisaera, I initially considered focusing Her character on the various forms of magic found in the Serenwilde lore. She would be a devoted witch, a shaman, a worshipper of the Moon, a soothsayer, a voodoo priestess, all wrapped up into one big ball of a more feral Serenwilde. That all sort of changed when immediately, the players told me they wanted their strength back. I then spent all of my effort devoted to building up that idea, in literally all of my events and building endeavors, until Lisaera became this "bigger than life" persona that used very Mysrai-esque mystique to embolden players. I think it worked! For a while, Serenwilde was on top, and I got to perch on the shoulders of the war heroes, guiding when they asked for guidance and pushing when they were teetering. I was very present, because that seemed to be what the players wanted: a very visible god, because they hadn't had one in a few RL years. 

So I guess, upon further reflection, a lot of Serenwilde's unique needs, at that time, shaped who Lisaera became. 2 more RL years later, I'm just now going back to the original drawing board. Again, this is because I've decided to put a lot of distance between my IC persona and the playerbase, akin to @Hoaracle's approach, which gives me more time to focus on my order and other building/planning. The players don't seem to want visibility from me anymore, which is fine! It's a balancing act.
    @Lisaera: One of my biggest complaints about Serenwilde this time around has been the lack of any visible divine (and I know I am not the only one with these feelings). I actually was seriously considering org-hopping right when Czixi showed up because of the apparent complete lack of divine. I've had fun little RP with you before when you were more visible, and it's what drew me that way for Tamsin. The wait for what's been going on has been killing me. Disclaimer: That last bit might be pregnancy hormones speaking.

@Kalikai: Why did you leave us? *sniffle*

@Ashtariel: Why does your help file conflict with your status in HELP GODS as a Lost Divinity?

@Isune: Do you just adore Volucer? He was one of my favourite parts of Oldsune, even when he occasionally got a bit too cheeky for a bird talking to a faeling.
  • Do any of You have the courage, fortitude and/or stamina to host a Basin-wide Fate tournament again?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    edited February 2017
    Ignore this.
  • Shaddus said:
    Ignore this.
    I think Murphy and Hajamin are the best to ans- wait, nevermind.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
    Sorry, I figured the question was a better addition to Simple Questions. 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Isune said:

BTW, @Luce he remembers you owe him fish tea! ;)
    I actually am working on this, I'm just juggling a lot between paying the bills, helping with plots in other games (plural) and working on three separate Pathfinder campaigns for groups, plus Chairman. I may've put more on my plate than I should.

@anygod What's the best way to go about wanting to do 'research' type roleplays? Like, trying to incrementally advance Lusternian technology or 'discover' 'facts' about the races, history, or physics of Lusternia? Do you prefer the players contact you via IDEA or ISSUE ME beforehand, or is it better for them to just putz around in an appropriate room saying stuff at bookcases, mobs, and beakers?
  • @Luce I already gave my apologies to Charites on your behalf when this becomes a thing ;)

Others may disagree or have another opinion, but I tend to think it's easier to reach out via message(OOCly) to a patron of your choosing to see if your ideas/theories fit in scope with things we have planned or are on our plates. Sometimes the best ideas can't happen and may require discussion so we all know what's going on for lore reasons. I know we try to encourage everyone to branch out and definitely think up creative things, because as evidenced by this thread, we're as much inspired by all of you as you may be by us. But there is sometimes a bigger picture that needs considered and this is where some ideas may not quite 'fit'. 
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Isune is that why Project Guardian Mk.II is not likely to be a thing? :c
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • @Tremula Not likely, unless we're ready to nuke every city and commune in a massive Ascension failing blowout. ;)
  • All the gods: What's the best way you have ever scared a mortal when interacting with them? Have you ever scared a mortal?
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    @morgfyre I like the shifting voices thing you do. How many voices are in the list you speak with?

@jadice based on that one solstice wreath vision, my headcanon is you tore out your own eyes. Any chance of a backstory teaser?
  • @Karlach - As an emo teenager (and make no mistake, Czixi would have a proper emo fringe dyed the most synthetic of blacks) I imagine that she would be desperately trying to be unique and different but failing miserably. This would manifest in listening to music that she is convinced no one has ever liked before but was, in fact, just a previous generation's popular music. She would be listening to 'Brothers in Arms' by Dire Straits, as pretentiously as it is possible to do so.

@Falmiis - Czixi wouldn't want to win Ascension herself, but she would insist on being involved in leading her friends to victory in every single damn seal. She would of course be better at this with some contests than others ;)

@Maligorn - Czixi would never have favourites, I don't know what you're talking about.

@Shaddus - I don't have a specific theme song for Czixi because I change my mind about it a lot but I currently like Rain by Rag'n'Bone Man for her.

@Drauzgot - Czixi's favourite races are dwarves, krokani, aslaran, loboshigaru, merian, orclach, igasho, and taurian.

Also @Shaddus - My ephemeral pet was a spirit made of mist ribbons. In retrospect this was quite prophetic.

@Luce - If you want some assurance that you're not running towards a dead end, Isune's suggestion is best - though I would suggest if you choose that route to message everyone in your org's pantheon rather than just one patron, incase one of us is away. If you choose to pursue your research IC, which is totally a viable option too, do a couple of things. 1) Use SAY TO when talking to denizens. 2) Be persistent! We all have different interests lore wise and it may be that the person who would leap on your question with delight isn't online when you try the first time. So do keep trying - within reason, of course ;) 
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I threw this in the mortal one and I want to add it here too.

So for @AllGods.

Lusternia: The Movie gets announced and you get to cast your character.

Who plays you, and why?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    No further question but <3 for the appreciation of Floki. He and Ivar are the best things in that series.

Now going to wait for Hoar in a really tense and uncomfortable situation where he's threatening someone, only to break out into an inappropriate chuckle.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• To all the gods:

What other games do you like?
    What's your favorite(s) book/genre/series/author.

• @AllGods:

How do you view Avatar selection? Some (Mysrai) give it to everyone and their alt, while others seem to guard it closely or ever have 1 at a time. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us