Lusternian Divine AMA

Comments

• Man I left Serenwilde too soon. @hoaracle's aesthetic is totally what I was chasing when I moved there. :(
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Isune said:
    @Karlach I cannot help but envision Amanda Seyfried as Isune.

@Shedrin I don't really play any other PC games... the mobile games I play nowadays though are: Words with Friends, Crystalux ND, Blendoku and of course Pokemon Go.

Books: Wheel of Time series, Katherine Kerr's Deverry Series, most anything involving Brandon Sanderson (he got me hooked with Elantris, loved it!) and the Dragonlance series. 
    PROPOSE TO ISUNE'S LIBRARY WITH GRAVE PERIL
  • Shedrin said:
    What other games do you like?
    What's your favorite(s) book/genre/series/author.
    I'm a huge fan of CRPGs (Planescape: Torment, Icewind Dale, Fallout 1/2, Wasteland 2) and RPGs in general. I also occasionally play MOBAs with friends, though generally stick to non-mechanically-intense support roles. I also occasionally land myself in MUDs outside IRE, but I won't list those for obvious reasons. And tabletop gaming, though I rarely have the time or energy.

Books, I don't actually get to read as many as I'd like to with as much as I work, but my favourite authors at the moment are Pratchett and Gaiman (separately. Together, not so much; Good Omens kind of lost its appeal about a third of the way through the book for me). I do have a huge soft spot for a lot of authors I read when I was younger though: R.A. Salvatore, Terry Brooks, Terry Goodkind (if I ignore about half of what he's written), L.E. Modesitt Jr, Philip Pullman, and so many more; back until I started working, my nose was usually in a book in my spare time. Most of what I end up reading these days seems to be reference manuals, documentation, and occasionally the player's handbook and GM guide for various tabletop games.

I'm sure a pattern can be seen in the above somewhere if one looks hard enough.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Like Ianir I mostly play RPGs with occasional forays into MOBAs (at which @Drocilla is significantly better than me) - most excited about the upcoming Mass Effect game at the moment. Book wise I too am a child of the obvious genres but I also read a lot of terrible paranormal romance novels.

And Bae Doona would be a perfect Czixi :D
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited February 2017
    There seems to be a lot of @Malmydia namedropping. :soon:

@AllGods: most of us have a good idea of your persona's pet peeves/dislikes. What are some of your personal pet peeves when it comes to dealing with players?

@Thax: since this is probably never going to be asked in-game, do you have any sort of demigod powers/stole type items in the works any time soon?

@Drocilla: I've often implied to @Nikkakorra ingame that your goblet has Finkinora  (sp) essence in it, among other things. What's actually in it?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    A silly question...

@AllGods - If the Gods had a dance off in-game, do you think the God you're playing as would rank in the top three? What style of dancing would your character pick for said dance battle?

A serious question...

@AllGods - What is the one question you dread being asked by players the most?
  • edited February 2017
    Shaddus said:
    @AllGods: most of us have a good idea of your persona's pet peeves/dislikes. What are some of your personal pet peeves when it comes to dealing with players?
    I can't say more without giving away some things, but the "I can't have fun so nobody can" and the mentality annoys me a lot, especially when it comes to things being released or roleplayed. As well, being AFK on Prime; if you're in a manse, I guess it's fine, and I won't be as annoyed, but if I'm sitting there for 10 minutes poking you, the urge to force-disconnect and roledock somebody rises up for me a lot. However, as Ianir, I generally do things in such a way that my name is visible and I'm somewhat conflict-averse, so I'm always praying in the back of my head people get back to their keyboard before I have to.

Selenity said:
    A silly question...

@AllGods - If the Gods had a dance off in-game, do you think the God you're playing as would rank in the top three? What style of dancing would your character pick for said dance battle?

A serious question...

@AllGods - What is the one question you dread being asked by players the most?
    I would, of course. I can disable everybody else's ability to emote. Joking aside, Mysrai or Isune would definitely win I think, and my style of dance would be standing in the corner sipping spiked punch.

As for the question bit, I'm generally open, but anything I'm not allowed to talk about always freezes me up a bit. I've been (usually in a roundabout way) asked about issues, purchases, and future plans that aren't entirely public, and I always feel bad about giving canned responses because I like being helpful in general. Also, occasionally, somebody accidentally asks if something I'm already working on secretly behind the scenes can be implemented, and I can't say "we're already doing it," and it just eats me up because I know hearing that would just make somebody's day probably.
  • Sylvanas said:
    @Ianir How have you found the transition between Iosai and you? Also, who picked your name? (Curious why another "I" name) And finally, have you found the players to overall be welcoming?

I've been learning as I go in the transition; there was a lot I was unaware of, and I still learn new things daily. Other than that, it's been a decent transition.

Players have been fairly welcoming. The only time I have felt unwelcome whatsoever is when I hotpatched monk damage and some things that were said in the heat of the moment made their way back to me. Also, the map lag hotfix that lasted a week got somewhat frustrating after a couple days for similar reasons. But that's all part of the job, really, and I never really expected to have a 100% approval rating when my priority is 'keep things running smoothly as often as possible'.

My name was picked by the advanced generator at http://rinkworks.com/namegen/ - I believe I used '(I)ss' - I is a tradition for anomaly names since Iosai.
  • edited February 2017
    @what's the weirdest thing you've seen happen in your Fulcrux?
  • @Isune (sorry if this was asked already) You've had such a varied history, and the character has seemingly been several people to date, how have you dealt with incorporating the previous story lines your character was involved with into your current persona? Plus the expectations of people who have interacted with the character before.

Isune was one of my favourite gods pre-Hallifax, and unfortunately interactions between my character and yours are unlikely at this date. :)

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

edited February 2017
    Manteekan said:
    @Shuyin *heavy breathing intensifies*
    Is it acceptable to quote part of the forums in Quotes? Asking for a friend.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    @Darvellan: is it true that you're really just Gilderoy Lockhart with a pirate's hat?
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Shaddus said:
    @Darvellan: is it true that you're really just Gilderoy Lockhart with a pirate's hat?
    We all know he's either Captain Morgan (the alcohol) or Killian "Hook" Jones (Once Upon A Time). Unless that's changed since I left?
    Drocilla said:

In fact, driven by mad inspiration I've recently progged a system I've nicknamed Godline [Bling] which lets gods send IC messages to their orderling's order items in the hopes it will let me get in touch with Dro's Order easier during times when my hands are full.

If this is what's been attached to Thax's insignia, it's pretty amazing.
  • Karlach said:

Lusternia: The Movie gets announced and you get to cast your character.

Who plays you, and why?
    Mike Colter

Shedrin said:

What other games do you like?
    What's your favorite(s) book/genre/series/author.
    I'm a pretty huge fan of grand strategy/4x games. Not necessarily because I'm all that amazing at them, but because I always enjoy the stories that come out of my flailing about.

Like almost everyone else in the Havens, I'm a big fan of most of the fantasy genre, but those by Sanderson, Martin, Jordan (except Crossroads of Twilight, because who the heck thought that having the entire first half of the book essentially be a rehashing of the last part of the previous book was a good idea), and Roth are highest on my list. Outside of fantasy, I really enjoy histories and biographies.

It's actually kind of neat...there's a whole lot of media cross-pollination in Havens. One of us will rave about a new favorite game and another will decide to try it out and get hooked. It's how I was introduced to Mass Effect and Dishonoured (Thanks @Drocilla!) and League of Legends (Thanks @LiterallyAllOfYou).

Shaddus said:

@AllGods: if you hadn't chosen the God you're playing now, what would have been your second choice and why? Have any of you ever made up a God/Persona concept that wasn't in the histories, but Estarra turned it down?

I was actually looking pretty hard at Charune for awhile as I really liked his RP. Ultimately, though, I decided that I wanted to build a concept tied to an elemental plane and came up with the Pyresmith.
  • @Ushaara I think the vision is already enough of a teaser. I can neither confirm nor deny your suspicions (although the story of Jadice's eyes is indeed written). 

@Selenity My least favourite questions are those based around obscure lore that I then have to panic-check before answering, or questions about Jadice's past with other divine that she's not directly associated with (so basically anyone other than Xyl, Mysrai, Hoaracle and Manteekan), where I'm worried I'll contradict something that's canon but not well-known. Mostly this stuff is fine but the occasional curveball is a harrowing experience!

@Shaddus My pet peeve is typoing with players, especially when it's clear I've mucked up the syntax of a command like an emote, as opposed to a spelling error. No one ever comments (well, not that I can hear, anyway) but it's always embarrassing. Plus what @Thax said; trust me, if admin were out to get you, you'd know.

@Shedrin Like @Yomoigu, I enjoy strategy games. Also city-builders, and the occasional JRPG or FPS-RPG. 
  • edited February 2017
    @AllGods

If you were a type of cheese what would you be?

Edit: I don't have a real question since mine was already asked, so this is what you get.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • @allgods: Do you think it is hard to live up to the expectations that your godrole has from us mortals  or do you just ignore anything of this nature and take the role however you want?

Fyler said:
    @AllGods

If you weren't your current role, what God would you be?
    I kinda asked this on page 1 :/

• MY BAD. I don't really read.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us