Lusternian Divine AMA

Comments

• @AllGods

A remix maybe? If Elder Gods didn't exist and your "god role" could be practically anything as long as it fit the bill of a supremely powerful being what might you be?

An example, the Supernals, Demon Lords, and Great Spirits would be up for grabs, Maeve too possibly, along with potentially creating something of a similar power level.
  • I can't play League of Legends on my computer, but if lots of godmin play LoL, perhaps you guys could do some sort of post-ascension LoL party.  I think people would really enjoy getting a chance to play with/against admin!

I don't know if this is a terrible idea, but in my head it could be a lot of fun for all involved.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • edited February 2017
    Sorry for the long post, I don't want to miss out on all the fun.
    Breandryn said:
    @allthegods

- What's the best way to start interaction with you?
    Send me a prayer.

Breandryn said:
    @allthegods

- You wake up suddenly mortal. You are still you, but your powers are now those of a demigod. How do you react and what's your new life like?

Go with the flow while keeping an eye out for ways to fix it.

Shaddus said:
    @AllGods: if you hadn't chosen the God you're playing now, what would have been your second choice and why? Have any of you ever made up a God/Persona concept that wasn't in the histories, but Estarra turned it down?
    I went through three god options before finally going with Weiwae.  When I first moved up into the Havens I thought for certain that I would want to take over either Shikari or Fain, but after my time spent as an Ephemeral, I decided against both of them and they weren't even on my top five list in the end.  Creating a new god was actually something I was trying very hard to avoid doing, but I think it was worth it in the end. I hope Celest agrees.
    Maligorn said:

All: Fain just hasn't been touched in so long. Has there ever been any serious interest (like as a 2nd choice) among the ephemerals to become him? Same for Auseklis, Charune, Kalikai.

Fain was my top choice heading up to the Havens, but in the end what I liked most about Fain was the RP of infiltrating other orgs, and that sort of thing just won't fly anymore. I also thought about Auseklis but Hoaracle explained that one.

Shedrin said:
    To all the gods:

What other games do you like?
    What's your favorite(s) book/genre/series/author.

I'm currently playing, Pillars of Eternity. It is the first game I have had any time to play in a few years.  

I accidently found a book series called the Last Storm Lord, but I was only able to find the first two books. I loved them.  I apparently have a thing for seemingly never ending book series, as my other previous favourite books were Wheel of Time (I read each book as they were released starting with book 2),  Game of Thrones. (Also, started reading that when book 2 was released) and the Kingkiller chronicles, which I first read in 2010.
    Shaddus said:

@AllGods: most of us have a good idea of your persona's pet peeves/dislikes. What are some of your personal pet peeves when it comes to dealing with players?

When they send me OOC messages that aren't related to patron duties.
    Selenity said:
    A silly question...

@AllGods - If the Gods had a dance off in-game, do you think the God you're playing as would rank in the top three? What style of dancing would your character pick for said dance battle?

Without a doubt, Weiwae would win the competition. You have never seen a more graceful fat blob in your life. ;) He would likely choose capoeira as his dance style.
    Saran said:
    @AllGods

A remix maybe? If Elder Gods didn't exist and your "god role" could be practically anything as long as it fit the bill of a supremely powerful being what might you be?

An example, the Supernals, Demon Lords, and Great Spirits would be up for grabs, Maeve too possibly, along with potentially creating something of a similar power level.

I would want to play some sort of shape-shifting soulless blob.  Think of sentient silly putty trying to create a singularity. AKA @Morgfyre. :)

@7thCircleGods:  Why do you insist on calling your creations "children"? Don't you realise you are sterile and Dynara is gone? Move on or splinter!
  • All the Gods: What's your favourite aetherbubble, and why?!

Personally, Crumkindivia wins hands-down for me, because Alisa feels like a conqueror trampling the place down and pulling candy from all the plants.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    @AllGods: if someone, hypothetically, wanted to ask about Loboshi, which active Elder would have any info worth sharing?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    All: In those times when Gods and their pets/mobs are out and about simultaneously, do you control both characters, or pass off control of your pet/mob to a helpful admin/ephemeral?

Might just be because I've a terribly slow response rate when I'm rp'ing, but if you're controlling both, my mind is boggled.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I already sent it as a message to @Lisaera personally and I'll state it here as well, I'm definitely sure there's a good bunch of people in Seren ( me included ) who see the gods in hiding as something sad and do miss the interactions with "our divines". I was really delighted when I saw something happen somewhere in there and while Aeldra wouldn't involve herself in it directly unless asked ( not her order ), I as a player am seriously hoping to see more active serenwilde divines again, for it's something I really enjoy about Lusternia ( in short, pls don't hide! )

@Cxizi, Did you already know that you would end up in Hallifax when your god was released or was that an open process?

@AllGods Did you ever happen upon lore inquires by players that simply baffled you, or where you found that you simply had no idea how to answer them as the lore on that particular question hasn't been written? How do you deal with such a situation?
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • @Aeldra - I did know that I was going to Hallifax. When we create a god role, part and parcel of that is getting approval from Estarra regarding where we are going. However I did not want it to be a foregone conclusion IC, as Czixi comes with strong links to every organisation, so I made a point of trying to visit everywhere prior to joining Hallifax.

@Ushaara - The vast majority of the time it is all us. We do not interfere with each other's denizens unless we have express permission to do so. However it does happen sometimes!

@Daraius - I would suggest asking people who had a strong connection to her, or spent a lot of time with her.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Ohmygosh, how do you keep up and keep track of everything? During the first Collectivist Ball, my emoting was like 5 minutes behind everyone else, haha.
  • The first few times we do anything that involves controlling a lot of mobs at once, it's really intense. The nerves never fully go away, but after a while you get better at it, you can keep track of more. We've all gone through helping with area releases (where you can at points be controlling 5+ denizens whilst trying to fix bugs that people have found), so really controlling a couple of pets plus ourselves is easy in comparison!

Personally I'm fine if I've just got mobs, and I'm fine if I'm just there myself - it's the combination of being there as myself and being there as denizens that makes me freeze up for some reason. It's different for everyone.
  • Shuyin said:
    You walk into a manse and see players engaged in cosmic horrors beyond that of Kethuru.

What do you do, IC or OOC.
    Manteekan said:
    @Shuyin *heavy breathing intensifies*

IC or OOC...
  • @AllTheDivine if you had to describe yourself and/or your god role with one drag queen gif what would it be?
  • edited February 2017
    Saran said:
    @AllGods

It would be a split between Scorpion or Bull. Scorpion, because she is such a badass, and I really love the Scorpion Caverns area in terms of lore; Bull, because, even though we haven't had the chance to flesh it all out, he has a very interesting history, especially re: Moonblade Cult and sibling tension with Hart. 

Alisa said:
    All the Gods: What's your favourite aetherbubble, and why?!

Tree of Trees/Amberni is one of my favourite areas period. Mostly because it has some cool features and ideas on progging that some of us try to implement elsewhere. Xion is up there too, just because I think the idea of an ancient, divine laboratory is neat.

Aeldra said:
    @AllGods Did you ever happen upon lore inquires by players that simply baffled you, or where you found that you simply had no idea how to answer them as the lore on that particular question hasn't been written? How do you deal with such a situation?
    If the circumstance happens and I haven't "interacted" yet, the best way to deal with the situation is not engage whatsoever; if I have interacted, well, then it is just a sort of backtrack and casually pivot the conversation to something else. Honestly, there are not many lore questions that don't have answers that players ask. The real difficulty is when players try to ask for things that we can't really explain or help with because of the OOC nature of things. 
  • @AllGods What is your favourite area? And stealing from @Hoaracle what is your favourite room?

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• There's been a couple spots there I haven't seen, must investigate. 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• @Pantheon Don't know if this has been asked yet but, if you had to (Havens forfend!) shard, what race would you make up/create?

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Dylara said:
    @AllGods What is your favourite area? And stealing from @Hoaracle what is your favourite room?

Favourite areas, it's a toss-up between Mysrai's realm, the Meliashmora of Imperial Secrets, and an area that hasn't been released yet but we've teased at recently.

Favourite rooms... 

On the Bridge of Torment. (this one mainly for the ambient messages) [MAGNAGORA]
    A vast expanse of naked flesh writhes half-heartedly underfoot, composed entirely from dead bodies and some that are only halfway along the journey to the Fates. The corpses bear no semblance of race nor gender, the only thing visible of them are pallid, sexless bodies that have been sewn together with pitch-black thread in jagged, uneven stitches. The amalgam of flesh twitches and convulses as it spans the harbour, the eyes and mouths of each being sewn closed with unforgiving viciousness. Tears of blood weep from sightless, soundless faces into the waters below, flowing into the Sea of Despair like some sick parody of tribute. A gas lamp casts pale, ghostly light across the streets from atop a tall, ornately gilded iron post.

Within the tangled mass of Auseklis' gargantuan beard.
    Incredible masses of endless hair stretch eternally in all directions, making movement through the tangled mass impossible. The occasional cry for help echoes through the masses of hair, belonging to some unfortunate soul doomed to spend eternity trying to escape the tangled masses of hair and dandruff. A lost soul is here wailingly loudly, entangled in a mass of hair.

Beneath the barren branches of a willow. [Thax's Realm]
    The tall banks of the channel curve sharply here, several shattered and broken boats embedded into the walls. Over the channel, a tall dead willow leans from its tenuous position atop the shore, leaves long since fallen from the drooping branches. Several rusted animi heads hang from nooses tied to the willow's branches, surrounding two which have each been outfitted with jagged antlers and a long beak. A grating, high-pitched song can be heard from deeper within the fens, screeching metal echoing its torment without end.

(It's a world of laughter, a world of tears; It's a world of hope and a world of fears; There's so much that we share, that it's time we're aware; It's a small world after all)

Orventa said:
    @Pantheon Don't know if this has been asked yet but, if you had to (Havens forfend!) shard, what race would you make up/create?
    I don't know if anomalies can shard, but if I did manage to... I need to think on this.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • @Ianir What exactly are anomalies? Are you just thoughts of Estarra manifested into a physical form or something else?

From that, What are Ephemerals, besides a temporary being as the name suggests - Is there just some pool of ephemeral liquid that Elders channel into a being when they need the service of one?
  • Ayisdra said:

From that, What are Ephemerals, besides a temporary being as the name suggests - Is there just some pool of ephemeral liquid that Elders channel into a being when they need the service of one?
    Estarra once said that ephemerals are merely that -- ephemeral beings that come and go like thoughts. It's why she has a relatively firm mandate that suggests ephemerals shouldn't have too much of a storyline. Now and then, overly attentive ephemeral characters somehow gain mortal fandoms, and they move into the territory Estarra would deem inappropriate, but that's life. 

As for what they are, according to Estarra's head canon...that's still a mystery! You should tag her and ask! 
  • Ayisdra said:
    @Ianir What exactly are anomalies? Are you just thoughts of Estarra manifested into a physical form or something else?

Anomalies are basically what they are on the tin - anomalies in reality that have formed consciousness of their own accord and, as such, warp reality (or so I've gleaned from HELP IOSAI and HELP SIOR). In reality though, we have no real IC role, and very -very- rarely appear in an IC capacity. I've only done so once, and that was at the War event to suggest terrible things to Avechna because we didn't want another 50 minute fight.

Ephemerals, it's best to quote our internal wiki on those: "Ephemerals are a manifestation of the will of the Fates." Nothing more, nothing less. In character, they are there to help Elders do their thing, and occasionally they get into trouble.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Us mortals can kinda emulate the divine multi-mob insanity through things like beast emotes. I used to send my wolf off to emote at people in other rooms, for example, but that's a puny version compared to what I imagine it's like for divine!

@Mysrai - why don't You like socks? :(

@Ianir - So the Fates can create, in a sense? What other things can they manifest?
  • I guess Drocilla needs to shard then, because I like asari.