Dreamweaving

13»

Comments

• Falmiis said:
    Shuyin said:
    Were they fighting back. Need more details here really.
    No, they weren't, but neither was Gero. 

Your passives as a chem were sometimes ticking instantly before the beast an turning a 7% hit into a 30% hit. 

• I was testing with Tylwth as well and getting the same result just casting channel resulted in a drop of ego and mana inside his demense. It looks like its the mental affliction stack turning the beast into a literal beast :D 

For an ability that ticks once every 5 seconds it sort of lines up too well with passive mental afflictions ticks.

A basic idea I'd have would be to put it on an off number like 6 or 8 second tick and adjust the numbers accordingly so then this should stop lucky cases of it lining up perfectly with chem/meld passive ticks on a regular basis for such an easy huge boost.
  • Veyils said:
    Falmiis said:
    Shuyin said:

Your passives as a chem were sometimes ticking instantly before the beast an turning a 7% hit into a 30% hit. 

Yeah, but as I said, I was doing the exact same thing to Gero without really getting close, despite adding extra damage and affs to my set-up against him. I tried for a few minutes and it didn't feel like I was ever making any progress. Against everyone else I tried with their ego was steadily going down over time (sometimes very quickly).
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited February 2017
    Yeah. The scalar portion of beast needs to come down, possibly with a small upgrade to the base damage. The time on it should go to 6-7 seconds as noted (perhaps slightly random). 

A good baseline for beast could be 8-10%+4%  per aff (instead of 8% + 8% as it is now). 

EDIT: Talking specifically about things that should be done asap, before War. 
    edited February 2017
    EDIT: Sorry, juggling numbers around. Hold on. 

• edited February 2017
    Same things coming up with testing with falmiss.

When it lines up with his passives boom suddenly there's no way to tank it. Combined with no way to hinder channel via shield/traditional hinders it makes it a big of a lucky roll to see if he bursts your down or not. This was without a traditional beastmastery beast adding afflictions

Then testing though with the beast power where the beast is throwing out mental afflictions then suddenly the drain is overwhelming very very quick. It seems like it stacks up too rapidly and lines up too well with various bits and bobs.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/SnfSIBr4

Theres a point in the next log where it bursts me from full to half in 13 seconds with him on balance to kill potentially if he was going for it.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/74U2l0pc
    edited February 2017
    Make Beast 4-6 seconds randomized  , and 10%+5% per aff. Cap at 5 affs, move the slush slow effect down to 4 affs.  

Increase Blade to 6%, same timer as Beast. The thought here is that if you are already hitting 4 mental affs regularly with Beast you will want to have blade out already: the drain is a lot stronger than 1 additional affliction. If you have trouble hitting the 4 aff slowing effect regularly, you'll want to use haunt for additional pressure. 

The timers change makes it harder for things to line up, and slightly slows the effects. The value changes create a theoretical scenario where you'd want to select blade over haunt, and dramatically decrease the strength of beast at higher affliction numbers to further curb lucky streaks of lining up with affliction effects. 

EDIT: These changes are also targeted at what should be fairly easily changeable portions of these skills. 
  • Falmiis said:
    Veyils said:
    Falmiis said:
    Shuyin said:

Yeah, but as I said, I was doing the exact same thing to Gero without really getting close, despite adding extra damage and affs to my set-up against him. I tried for a few minutes and it didn't feel like I was ever making any progress. Against everyone else I tried with their ego was steadily going down over time (sometimes very quickly).

Im guessing you just got unlucky with him and your fumes just didn't line up?

Cant really say without seeing his log though but well if your fumes didnt line up then I could tank it if they did then boom I got bursted down.
  • Well one difference I notice immediately is that Gero was sitting at 12300 ego with max regen while you are 7800 in one test and 9300 in another.
    There probably is a small non-scalar portion we're missing, and of course cures have a strong scalar portion that increases the power of your sips etc. 
  • Falmiis said:
    Well one difference I notice immediately is that Gero was sitting at 12300 ego with max regen while you are 7800 in one test and 9300 in another.

You were not using the music box on him? That'd maybe be the reason then you were using the music box to stop regen on me in my logs.
  • Veyils said:
    Falmiis said:
    Well one difference I notice immediately is that Gero was sitting at 12300 ego with max regen while you are 7800 in one test and 9300 in another.

You were not using the music box on him? That'd maybe be the reason then you were using the music box to stop regen on me in my logs.
    Well, I was, but musicbox is -10 so he would still have a tiny bit of regen left over.
  • If Gero has logs, that'd help too. But the big difference in ego might be it. Bigger max = bigger sips.

• Danquik said:
    OK so my thoughts on Dream catchers.

1. Move Anchor to almost Trans.

2. Reduce Catchers to 3 needed only. 1 personal, 1 non Nirvana hung, 1 Anchored.

Set it up like this.

You hang a non Nirvana catcher and it is only useable by you. It can only be actively filled to capacity by 'dreamweave dream' and holds 250 motes. You siphon from this dreamcatcher.

When you learn Anchor you can anchor a dreamcatcher in Nirvana and this acts like a power node, but is linked to your previously hung dreamcatcher. Your Anchor slowly fills up with motes to 500 and as your non-Nirvana dreamcatcher is emptied it replenishes from the Anchored one.

This reduces the need to hang dreamcatchers all over the landscape, which any dreamweaver can walk off with, makes Anchor a skill that people say "Yay, I get passive motes now!" and makes the whole dreamcatcher system more useable, less greify, and less clutter in every room description.
    From what Enyalida mentioned earlier and looking at the catcher in my manse, the non-nirvana ones are generating passive motes, can't confirm for Nirvana cause I just stocked it up to full straight away.

There also doesn't seem to be a need to have them everywhere, orgs can place them where people sleep, which apparently should also provide a benefit to the people sleeping there. They'll fill up on their own (it seems like my manse one has been) but it gives a benefit to sub-80 characters.

Also like, given you can just drop them in your manse and have them generating motes for you, individuals and orgs can have ships which are just mote batteries

An issue for me with Nirvana is the aggressive mobs (it seems like it might be a quest stage?) and the random chance that you might drop into a room with a large number of them whether or not you go to your anchor. An option for a separate area might be better
  • Lerad said:
    If Gero has logs, that'd help too. But the big difference in ego might be it. Bigger max = bigger sips.

Sounds like this'll be it. Maybe need to lower the base drain/increase the % drain to make it a bit more percentage based to make it more effective for high ego and less overwhelming for lower.
  • Just a random thought, should scroll of disruption release the dreamweaving summons? They are similar to psionics locked channels, right?
  • What are psionic locked channels?
    Never been a  psionic.
    A shield can suppress them, Basically.
    Is that like locked channels?
    Do channels break/unlock when you/locker flee battle?

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:
    What are psionic locked channels?
    Never been a  psionic.
    A shield can suppress them, Basically.
    Is that like locked channels?
    Do channels break/unlock when you/locker flee battle?

I've never used them in combat, so I'll defer to anyone who wants to correct these guesses, but I understand a psionic can give up active use of one of their three mental balances in exchange for an ongoing 'locked' effect. 

All psionics have Biofeedback (boosts one elemental resist), PortraitReading (hear through enchanted paintings), PsiArmour (boosts cutting/blunt resist), IronWill (boosts ego regen) and PsychicBlock (isolates a target from channels).

Telepaths get an additional lock option with Interference (gives a -2 resist malus to one type of damage from your attacks), while Telekinetics get a few more: Leglock (prevents target walking), AnimateDagger (attacks target repeatedly with a dagger), Magnetize (slow target arm balance), Forcefield (take damage as ego) and Barrier (prevent physical movement out of the room).

Of the targeted locked channel attacks, I would assume shield blocks the only one that causes ongoing vitals damage (AnimateDagger). I doubt it blocks any of the other effect based ones.

Not all locks are target-based, so I don't think they'll unlock when battle ends... but I would assume the offensive ones probably do when the target moves out of psychic range (up to 5 rooms away I think?).

Was just a thought, since it sounds like committing motes is in the same vein as locking channels, and both are thematically similar in maintaining mental concentration.
    It occupies a similar niche, in limiting the number of ongoing passives and creating an opportunity cost for abilities. However, unlike psionic abilities which (usually) only take a balance to put back up with no other costs or cooldowns, after a manifestation ends, you need to wait for enough motes to come back into active and can't immediately restart it. Distortion would make it too easy to negate these effects. 

• edited February 2017
    Enyalida said:
    It occupies a similar niche, in limiting the number of ongoing passives and creating an opportunity cost for abilities. However, unlike psionic abilities which (usually) only take a balance to put back up with no other costs or cooldowns, after a manifestation ends, you need to wait for enough motes to come back into active and can't immediately restart it. Distortion would make it too easy to negate these effects. 

Isn't it easy to solve that just by making a successful disrupt of your dreamweaving summon also refill a certain number of motes? Such as three-quarters of the commit cost, or even the whole amount?

Then it is a counter that makes sense thematically, and gives additional purpose to a commonly available tradegood that has very limited usefulness at the moment (it only targets users of one or two skillsets).

Edit: I mean refund + refill, like the splintered dreamstuff returns to you.