Dumb Avatar Generator - You too can have one!

So it's the second time I look for these to illustrate Faeie. Which is sad cuz I actually draw but I've been in an art block for like a year now and work drains my energy to make any sort of art but.

I really like having a visual reference for my character... Even if it's anime and a bit cringey. Alas!

I used this site: http://www.rinmarugames.com/playgame.php?game_link=mega-anime-avatar-creator

Hell of a name amirite.

And this is what Faeie ended up looking like after getting settled in New Celest and Lord Weiwae's Order.

Just imagine the necklace is the Hand of Abanoi and I'm actually really happy with how it turned out (more so than old Faeie, even!)

You too can illustrate your character and show us their dumb anime face! It's actually kinda fun so if only ironically give it a shot if you're bored! :D 

Post results here, I'm sure it'll also be interesting to see how you interpret your characters vs. how other people see them.

Comments

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited February 2017
    We do a lot of dollmakers (including this one, I believe) over in this thread here. 
  • I made one, but I am debating making some changes to how I look, so I will withold it for now!
  • Phoebus said:
    We do a lot of dollmakers (including this one, I believe) over in this thread here. 
    Well that kills this thread- Though honestly, as an artist, I'd never put dollmakers and fanart in the same thread tbh.
    Faeie said:
    Phoebus said:
    Well that kills this thread- Though honestly, as an artist, I'd never put dollmakers and fanart in the same thread tbh.
    That's just how it happened, we roll with it. Let the dollmakers wash over you.
  • I can't get myself to post the dumb avatar generator anime shit in the thread where people posted their beautiful artwork, I'm sorry. Take this thread as a place for those who feel the same to dump their dolls cuz I really think those two should be separate.
    Also as an artist, I think it's not really a big deal. People are just having fun.

If you want a separate thread, that's cool. But people will probably also still use the other one, because that's where they've always gone with it. Calling it dumb and expressing such a low opinion of it, but also indulging in it, seems a little bit contradictory, too... ^^; You obviously liked it and wanted to share it, but are talking it down at the same time. It's ok to have fun with things that aren't serious or beautiful or take a lot of hard work.
  • I'm talking it down in comparison to artwork people put years and effort into. Of course it's fun, and I wanted to share it, thus this thread. Which I think is WILDLY different from a fanart thread.

If I thought this thread was bad I wouldn't have made it. I just said it's dumb. Fun things being dumb is ok.
    I have to disagree that it's a problem at all. Having sillier things alongside artwork doesn't devalue that artwork in any way. People are sharing images of their characters! It's all the same fun idea.
  • Not sure what you expect of me then. Why are you doing this. You don't want me to delete the thread, but you think the other one was fine and this one's useless so... What is it? I'm not going to keep arguing for no reason.
  • "If you wanna keep doing that thing that's fine but it's wrong" is sort of... not worth saying aloud. Just saying.
    I replied to you because you kept replying to me!
  • Now I don't knw where to post once I know what I am going with!
  • What is even happening?
  • Someone put a lot of effort into the art used in these dollmakers, just as much effort as people who put up beautiful Lusternia Fanart (like Phoebus). I like using dollmakers, because I'm not an artist. Though it definitely makes characters like Drauzgot hard, with her underbite.
    Rhi said:
    What is even happening?
    I thought I was having a conversation but apparently I was being an antagonist? I don't know. @Faeie, I'm really sorry if you thought I was being too critical. It wasn't my intention. I thought we were both just talking about our differing opinions, it wasn't supposed to be anything more than a regular discussion.
  • edited February 2017
    Saran with a bit of a tan

:( there was only this or a darker shade of green

• Saran said:

It is a bit lacking in fantasy skin tones (also horns)
  • edited February 2017
    Tirah's new look (the horns actually curl around the ears but this was the closest they had):

• Phoebus said:
    Rhi said:
    What is even happening?
    I thought I was having a conversation but apparently I was being an antagonist? I don't know. @Faeie, I'm really sorry if you thought I was being too critical. It wasn't my intention. I thought we were both just talking about our differing opinions, it wasn't supposed to be anything more than a regular discussion.
    It's alright, it just felt way more antagonizing to me than it probably was meant to be. Sorry if I got defensive, I'm real sensitive lately.
  • Tirah said:
    Saran said:

It is a bit lacking in fantasy skin tones (also horns)
    half of the options that were vaguely aslaran basically gave me a shitty catgirl, so this is what I came up with.

• Someone looks annoyed
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Posted mine in the other thread for posterity.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• I can't do a mugwump, or an orclach. Time to wander the other dollmakers until I come up with something.
  • edited February 2017
    Yeah, the creator is kinda limited to feminine-ish characters. It wouldn't even work very well for a manly human honestly.

Let alone non-humans.

It worked quite perfectly for Faeie, so feel free to post other dollmakers that work better for other things! :3
  • I haven't quite decided which is more Tristy

• Xeii at the Golden Serenity Teahouse.

Only complaint is that this dollmaker offers no cloche hats :neutral:
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Hey, how about chibi makers too?

I'm sure you've all played with ChibiMaker before.
  • I can into chibis too

• Oh god I was about to complain about the limited hair options (a lot of them are really alike tbh) but then I found the clothes options and goddamn so many options @_@

I couldn't make up my mind between Golden Heart colours or traditional Healer Red colours so. Here go some that looked good with both.

That last one didn't look that good in red so golden it is.

Anyway I don't have a problem what are you talking about. Seriously though Faeie's gonna own so many outfits I'm gonna start designing those left and right.