Lusternian Divine AMA

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited February 2017
    @AllGods:

You log in one bleery morning to find Estarra and the rest of the active gods standing around a series of chairs, each one with an active God's name on it. Estarra informs you that it's time for some musical chairs: for the next irl month, you can (must) steal some other active God's persona, and play as them. You're pretty quick, so when the music stops, you snag the one you want. Whose did you steal, and why?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • @Shaddus

Easy -- I would pick Mysrai. She is so bewilderingly interesting, in every sense of the word, and has such a lush history. I was always so jealous of the immensity of that character. Despite how diverse Lisaera is and how much I've added to her over the years, Mysrai just takes the cake in terms of uniqueness and intrigue, according to my own palate of what "interesting" means.
  • Breandryn said:
    @Ianir - So the Fates can create, in a sense? What other things can they manifest?
    No idea! Think that's a question for Estarra. My knowledge of the inner workings of the Fates extends to what I can quote off the wiki and the colour of Atropos' socks.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • edited February 2017
    Breandryn said:

@Ianir - So the Fates can create, in a sense? What other things can they manifest?
    This is more of a Lore question, and as far as I know, the Fates themselves have no interest in creating things. I think the HELP EPHEMERALS explanation is meant to conjure ambiguity, but it is really poorly worded (in as much as it is suggesting that the Fates make the Ephemerals). In fact, I wouldn't even say that Ephemerals are made by them, but rather a manipulated bundle of strands in the great Tapestry of Fate (often made by Gods). 

Shaddus said:
    @AllGods:

You log in one bleery morning to find Estarra and the rest of the active gods standing around a series of chairs, each one with an active God's name on it. Estarra informs you that it's time for some musical chairs: for the next irl month, you can (must) steal some other active God's persona, and play as them. You're pretty quick, so when the music stops, you snag the one you want. Whose did you steal, and why?
    Active? @Drocilla, easily. Her characterization as one of the greatest and most dangerous Elder Gods is really neat the storylines she has been a part of (since returning) are equally fabulous. I mean, who else but Drocilla has gone from manipulative Galadriel to Darth Vader Goddess with the wearing of a mask? 
  • @Czixi really glad to hear! I was surprised by it as well, but it really gave everyone a good idea of what the character is all about and I thought it was great. Hope to interact with you more!

@AllGods What are your favourite stories or pieces of lore? And how much input do you guys have in creating the lore, both on a macro level with the History of the Elder Wars etc and on a smaller scale, such as for each newly released area? 
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited February 2017
    @Isune @Jadice @Czixi This is kind of a strange question, but is there any visual file to help understand what the Sculptures in the Transphenortex Grid look like? I've never really followed the text description. =S edit: not perfectly true -- think I have a good handle on what the Ruby and Onyx Sculptures look like.

• We get a fair bit of freedom when it comes to our own domain. Like Isune's Lightweavings were a brand new concept for Lusternia. Of course, such things still need approval by Estarra but it's great to have some creative freedom for our roles.

For the game as a whole the discussions get more varied because often we only have expert knowledge in our own cities, or cities we came from before becoming admin. So we have to collaborate and make sure anything that will be accepted as canon across the board is not violating or infringing on other organisations' lore or established premises.

As for my personal favourites, I have too many to count!

If you mean Room #18854 the Transphenortex Core, then I would describe it as follows (with pictures of course!)
    with tendrils along the outside like the heart of a flower: https://classconnection.s3.amazonaws.com/726/flashcards/813726/jpg/pistil1328745516152.jpg
    with electrostatic lightning bolts inside: 
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Isune said:

If you mean Room #18854 the Transphenortex Core, then I would describe it as follows (with pictures of course!)
    with tendrils along the outside like the heart of a flower: https://classconnection.s3.amazonaws.com/726/flashcards/813726/jpg/pistil1328745516152.jpg
    with electrostatic lightning bolts inside: 
    I think this is the best visual explanation of an in-game complexity ever. Well done, ma'am.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

edited February 2017
    That is pretty good. But I meant the Sculptures of Harmony at the tip of each petal (the ones you can GENUFLECT to to get to their relevant Generator in the actual city). I am proud to say I did know what the Grid it self looked like, though.

• @Maligorn - Ah you would have to ask a more involved question that makes me look things up! ;)

For the Diamond Sculpture, just based on the description, I envision it to be a mandala as I showed above with a cube superimposed onto it but balanced on the tip like so:
    Except imagine that's hollow with giant circular holes cutout of each side. And of course with requisite lightning and electricity shooting all around then up.

(Side note bonus: I may have to look up how Isometric is being used here, because in Doctor Who they say Isometric as an adjective to describe a 'thing' which is genetically coded to a specific individual or gene sequence)

For the Emerald Sculpture, I would envision an elongated helix shape. Perhaps something like this? 
    But of course straight up and down with lightning and colour-changing elements inside!

Beryl Sculpture, hypercube!
    With a mandala on top floating perhaps perpendicular to the cube.

I'll have to ponder the Amethyst one later... that one seems trickier. Hah.

Onyx is quite obviously a lemniscate, or stylised infinity symbol ;)

For Ruby, it seems to be this: 
    but made of hollow crystals in different colours but ultimately it stacks and forms this kind of shape:

• It turns out that Amethyst was the one giving me the most trouble too. Those wily Windwhispers.

I appreciate the info, though!

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Shaddus said:
    Sylandra said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Is @Drocilla the only Elder able to transform into other Elders? Who is to say that someone like @Lisaera is Lisaera and not some Elder in disguise? From that, is there any sure fire way to prove an Elder is who they say they are?
    Oh I know this one! Dro stole Carakhan's pearl, right? Which is why she could disguise herself in the first place. But since Carakhan got the pearl back, I'd assume that all is well on the Divine imposter front.
    That means @Morgfyre can become @Neos, because he stole Neos' weave.
    Fight me old man.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • With the recent reveal of there being divine-only cartels - @allgods, how do you decide what you wear, or not to wear?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Neos said:
    Shaddus said:
    Sylandra said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Is @Drocilla the only Elder able to transform into other Elders? Who is to say that someone like @Lisaera is Lisaera and not some Elder in disguise? From that, is there any sure fire way to prove an Elder is who they say they are?
    Oh I know this one! Dro stole Carakhan's pearl, right? Which is why she could disguise herself in the first place. But since Carakhan got the pearl back, I'd assume that all is well on the Divine imposter front.
    That means @Morgfyre can become @Neos, because he stole Neos' weave.
    Fight me old man.
    You know damn well I can't get to the Starlit Eternity to fight you. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Okay, topical question of the month. How do you Havens-dwellers feel when watching Final Ascension unfold?

• Thax said:

@Kaleneya I really like the history behind Project Peacemaker (from Shallach) that tells the story of how some parts of the Basin were brought into the Empire in the early years. Estarra wrote that when I was an ephemeral and it just seemed so mindblowing at the time that has stuck with me. Estarra guides a lot of the lore but we have a lot of awesome admin who brainstorm and work out a lot of the details. That's definitely not me, though. I just want to be told the lore so I can build an area or quest around it, rather than have to write the lore myself.
    What's this? A thing I haven't read? Now I'll need to go searching for it. Thank you, @Thax and @Isune for answering earlier!
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    As a followup to that, were you even able to follow us at all? I can't even begin to picture how much like two competing anthives that must've looked from outside ;)
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Which gods were in the room? :smile:  I'm in the market for a new order. Buhbye @Zvoltz :frowning:
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    @Manteekan - Who made your forum avatar? It legit scared the crap out of me when I made it bigger. Regret, 10/10. Would not look again.

@AllTheGodsOfTheSouth - What "evil," "bad," or "dark," thing that your God did THAT YOU RPed made you stare at your screen and go, "I can't believe I just did that?"
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I have a question I've wondered about for some time. @Everyone can answer.

What misconception do you think people from other orgs most have about your org, and why? In a similar vein, what misconception do people most have about your Divine, or your order?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    edited February 2017
    I think most people think Hallifax is pretty strict and no-fun-allowed, while also being unnecessarily complicated -- that's just the portrayed flavor, so I can't really blame them. I think everyone loves Isune, so I can't answer the next question. : ^)

edit: oh, right, this is the Divine AMA. I just saw the Everyone and figured I should chime in. Oh well, statement still stands.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited February 2017
    IGNORE ME