Simple Ideas

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    If we can craft from the rift I'd prefer it be a second syntax, I let my DOR run when making orders for other people after I math up how many coms are needed
  • Allow sipping of poteen pots from within the curiobox

Allow reading of maps from curiobox and don't make them drop into the room, and back into your inv, upon read (The latter could maybe help with any existing lag still present with maps, assuming the four item updates (Remove from inv, Add to room, Remove from room, Add to Inv) is a bit intensive when with larger amounts of maps?)
  • Some really useful commands I've used in the past as CL/GM in other games. These can help with getting new members included and with keeping people up to date on city activities and news.

Welcome message
    - Lets the org set a welcome message for new members who join.
    - An NPC speaks this message over a city channel
    - This is a handy IC way to tell people how to get started (read CGHELP WELCOME!), save some time from the teachers, and give a tiny peek into lore/culture (most orgs have the welcome have personality to reflect their org, eg the difference in tone between Miakoda and Mesadari)

Orghelp EDIT INDEX
    - Lets you reskin the layout in GHELP/CHELP, etc
    - ORGHELP INDEX still shows the alphabetical list
    - Really useful for paring down information and categorizing it in more useful lists, while still being able to have a lot of help scrolls
    - Lets leaders fold more complex scrolls deeper down without cluttering the main page, eg CHELP VILLAGES can redirect to a more details CHELP DEBATING
    - Lets leaders add in fun "easter egg" scrolls. Not really any huge benefit but it's a fun little detail that contributes to a feeling of community

Events
    - Lets org leader add an event to the in-game calendar
    - EVENTS: Shows all scheduled events and how soon they are (eg 2 hours, 4 days)
    - EVENTS <org>: Filter by guild, city, clan, order, global
    - EVENT #: Info for a specific event, eg OOC date/IC date, text description
    - EVENT CREATE, EVENT # DATE, EVENT # DURATION, EVENT # DESCRIPTION: Let an org leader set and edit the event
    - Perhaps let players do the above for private events with an EVENT # INVITE <names> syntax, for things like weddings or play rehearsals
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    It's bonkers that there's no family honor for any Ascension events. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Family honour (and families in general) needs an overhaul.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• I don't know if the idea was brought up before, or if there is a way to do so, but I notice the, art skill glasswork only allows to make vials, bottles and glasses. I wondered if it was possible to expand it, it would be nice to be able to craft other glasses than shot glasses only. I think it would be great if there was the possibility do make designs like in trade skills, either for glasses, vials, bottles. Also I am thinking on crafting vases to hold flowers. Or would that fit better int the artisan skill line?

Some other idea I had, perhaps for the art skill line, is to craft and design candles. It would be lovely to have some beautiful scented candles.
  • We do have the ability to make vials, teacups and bottles (sort of) in other trades as some examples off hand. Sorcelglass in Bookbinding I think?

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited February 2017
    Yep, Bookbinders make scrolls that you can read to glasses/vials/bottles to change their appearance. The resulting items don't have to be glassware at all! It's conceptually weird, but one of the many things I love about the trade. Personally, I usually sell just the completed product, rather than the Sorcelglass scrolls (unless someone requests them specifically). Chat with your local Bookbinder if you have design ideas!

eta: candles would be pretty cool, although I'm not sure what kind of practical function they'd have. Small room-wide buffs, akin to music boxes?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I've seen candles and incense in other IRE games as craftable items. Instead of an eat field there are smell for when you smell it and burn fields for the description of it burning, which is periodically displayed to the room.
  • Drocilla said:
    @Thalkros it's okay, I've done worse in front of players. In fact, I sometimes ninja out of the room to see if a fancy emote will look right, and then ninja back in to execute it.

Since I didn't realise it wasn't a thing in Lusternia, like... one of the other IRE games has... Can EMSHOW work with custom emotes, pretty please?

emshow emote (Nodding at ^Drocilla,) $agrees$ with ^Drocilla_his comments.

Untargeted:
    --Would not show in this context, as it is obviously targeted? *shrug*

Targetted:
       1st Person: Nodding at Drocilla, you agree with Her comments.
       2nd Person: Nodding at You, Reylari agrees with Your comments.
       3rd Person: Nodding at Drocilla, Reylari agrees with Her comments.

PS: Can we have the $<word>$ thing as well, to make particular emotes less awkward to write when multiple people are present? EG: changing 'agrees' or 'displays' to 'agree' and 'display' depending on how the emote is viewed.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • I'm rewriting my classflex/skillflex script. What would be useful is if gmcp could show what class you're classflexed to.
  • edited February 2017
    Shedrin said:
    I'm rewriting my classflex/skillflex script. What would be useful is if gmcp could show what class you're classflexed to.
    Would be nice if gmcp just showed your class in general instead of relying on mm to detect it...
  • edited February 2017
    Shedrin said:
    I'm rewriting my classflex/skillflex script. What would be useful is if gmcp could show what class you're classflexed to.
    It isn't so hard to do it based on unique skillsets.  I.E. if I have aerochemantics or aeromancy I'm aero, etc.  That's what I doooo.

Edit: I get now what you need it for.  Isn't there a trigger line for when you switch to a new class?
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Ciaran said:
    Shedrin said:
    It isn't so hard to do it based on unique skillsets.  I.E. if I have aerochemantics or aeromancy I'm aero, etc.  That's what I doooo.
    I think his point is that it's such basic information, that it should be in gmcp by default. Lusternia's the only game where class isn't enabled in gmcp.
  • edited February 2017
    Ciaran said:
    Shedrin said:

Edit: I get now what you need it for.  Isn't there a trigger line for when you switch to a new class?
    Yeah that's what I'm doing but it'd be nice to skip that step, and if I'm in the situation where I've disabled all my class skills having it on gmcp will let me know.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Currently FAMILY RELATION (soandso) doesn't go past - to the best of my knowledge - first cousin once removed and great grandparent.

Could we perhaps enhance this a bit? Here is a chart (PDF file) showing basically how people line up for family relations. Also, if you share multiple relations with a person, I believe that could be shown as well. A little more advanced than "You are first cousins once removed to Calor through your mother Arien's side" or whatever the exact words are. Something like "You are first cousins once removed to Calor through your great grandmother Gabriella." In general, "You are (relation) to (person) through your (ancestor relation) (ancestor)."

Totally get there are more pressing things going on and to be coded, but right now all I've got to say in game as for why the FAMILY RELATION (so-and-so) doesn't show anything when taking a deeper look at the pedigree does is that the Fates gave up on the chaos that is mortal reproduction once you go past first cousins once removed.
  • STOP TRYING TO MARRY YOUR SECOND COUSIN SELENITY
    The deep, rumbling voice of Weiwae says from within your heart, "I am so happy to hear of your progress, and I thank you for bringing my influence over more shards of My Brother Tae."
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Lynnie said:
    STOP TRYING TO MARRY YOUR SECOND COUSIN SELENITY
    IT'S NOT MY GOAL OKAY

GAWDS

( <3 )
  • Ashiya is your daughter niece?
  • Veyils said:
    Ashiya is your daughter niece?
    Ew glomdoring
    The deep, rumbling voice of Weiwae says from within your heart, "I am so happy to hear of your progress, and I thank you for bringing my influence over more shards of My Brother Tae."
  • Reylari said:
    Ciaran said:
    Shedrin said:
    I think his point is that it's such basic information, that it should be in gmcp by default. Lusternia's the only game where class isn't enabled in gmcp.
    In Lusternia's defence, other IREs have done specific projects where someone focuses on making gmcp more robust. Maybe that is slated for here down the road. Our gmcp seems to be more limited than other IREs.
  • For jewelry: TRINKET and TOKEN items. Purely cosmetic and for RP.

For artisan: TOY and DICE. Cosmetic save for dice which give a 2-12 result when ROLL DICE is used.
  • Breandryn said:
    For jewelry: TRINKET and TOKEN items. Purely cosmetic and for RP.

For artisan: TOY and DICE. Cosmetic save for dice which give a 2-12 result when ROLL DICE is used.
    I know you mean a separate design to the jewelry things and while I would love more patterns, in the meantime, you can get a bit creative with a few designs patterns if you word it carefully enough and want something more unusual without having to use customization.

As for dice...That is already an artifact (ivory dice).
  • Man so many things are artifacts here O.o so expensive.
  • Ayisdra said:
    Breandryn said:
    For jewelry: TRINKET and TOKEN items. Purely cosmetic and for RP.

I know you mean a separate design to the jewelry things and while I would love more patterns, in the meantime, you can get a bit creative with a few designs patterns if you word it carefully enough and want something more unusual without having to use customization.

As for dice...That is already an artifact (ivory dice).
    Well toys would just open up a fun avenue for creative gifts and rp props. Tokens or tickets would let us use them for player-hosted events or contests or whatnot.
  • Sorry for triple post. Editing via phone is hard.

This may be a big case of culture clash - is new design templates and additonal nouns something not done here? I'm used to them being added very frequently but I'm starting to see that it seems a Big Deal here for crafting in particular and that confuses me. Is it coded different here so such things are harder to do? In Aet it was literally a matter of asking and if it wasn't weird usually seeing a new version fairly soon. Their version of the Charites would even ask us every now and then for more ideas to expand out crafting templates.

In general is that not how it works here? If things are entirely different I won't suggest more as I have noticed how rare new options are.
  • edited February 2017
    Breandryn said:
    Sorry for triple post. Editing via phone is hard.

This may be a big case of culture clash - is new design templates and additonal nouns something not done here? I'm used to them being added very frequently but I'm starting to see that it seems a Big Deal here for crafting in particular and that confuses me. Is it coded different here so such things are harder to do? In Aet it was literally a matter of asking and if it wasn't weird usually seeing a new version fairly soon. Their version of the Charites would even ask us every now and then for more ideas to expand out crafting templates.

In general is that not how it works here? If things are entirely different I won't suggest more as I have noticed how rare new options are.
    While only the admin can comment on the code aspect of how hard something is or not, generally new design patterns are a rare thing. I want to say the last new design, before the recent notepads, was the generic origami (instead of set shapes, which took a few a while to get as well)  which was a few RL years ago. Although there might have been another design between generic origami and notepads...

Edit: it looks like the Tailoring 'sash' was added after generic origami back in 2015 (trademaster post 478-479), where it won a vote against 3 other possible pattern additions.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited February 2017
    Crafting in general in Lusternia is laborious, gated off, and not-worth-it economically. 

EDIT: Imo it's still aftershocks from years old changes meant to create an economy by doubling commodity costs across the board. This crippled the creative crafts and in general turned the non-crafting playerbase off buying frivolous crafts that suddenly got twice as expensive while necessities like potions etc. stayed the same cost. I'm not sure they ever recovered. 
  • That's a shame to hear. I love crafting - gifts, for resale, even silly stuff to tell a joke - and I do feel the system is not my personal ideal. I like my designs to be mine, for example, so learning a new skill also means spending over a million on a cartel. Obviously not needed, but why do you need to invest so much to keep your own intellectual property personal? The mechanics of Lustys system are definitely not my favorite among the IREs.

The non-technical side is cool though. Approvers let me be really creative with writing (i literally had a design rejected in Achaea for the wording being "too creative" while that design didn't even get a comment before approval here), lots of items have cool extra effects and the trans skill is a cool idea.

On the other hand, I miss crafting just for fun and creativity. It's expensive to do that here.