Your Character's Most Memorable Moments

SiamSiam Whispered Voice

The memorable moments in Siam's life include:

• Seren Siam was facing a dilemma with a fellow member of his guild at the time and felt the need air his grievances out in an effort to understand the situation. He went to Maylea's realm to seek Her out. As a player, I don't have much confidence in interacting with Divines so it really surprised me when Maylea did respond. She manifested Her voice in the aether and really helped Siam get a grasp of things without making him feel bad about himself. Leaving Maylea's Order was the hardest thing for Seren Siam to do and for a few years, he kept secret the fact that his bindi did not disappear after he left the Order.
  • Seren Siam witnessed Nejii getting raised as a Maylean Avatar at the Moonhart. Maylea fell ill after raising him, which was a prelude of the Ascension event at the time(Gods getting doubles, essence harming the Gods, etc.). It was both fun and funny to him as the Talnaras and even Seren ganged up on Nejii, teasingly blaming him for what happened.
I'm still trying to organize my thoughts on my Glomdoring moments, so I'll post them later. What about you? What are your character's most memorable moments?
Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Eee, I was totally there for the Nejiicension too!

Hrm, if I had to pick a memorable moment, I'd include being present for the dual Moon/Night summoning by SerenGlom waaaaay back when. That was pretty cool. (Also, HGZftw)

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Viravain and the birth of Glomdoring.  That whole event is what glued me to Lusternia.  So much craziness, things going haywire.

And then the seal got shattered in Viravain's hands, Estarra swore on shout, we fixed the Seal and Daevos put it in the Megalith.  Because what else would you do with a Seal to Kethuru's Prison, right?
  • Illuminati founding, without a doubt. Lots of fun stuff happened that are really messing with Ril's head to this day.

We dabbled with extra-secret secret societies and everything. It was great.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • The time when Alary was re-inducted into the Order, it really made her change face.

And when Mysrai called her "My Blade". It just confirmed all of Alary's dreams and Will right there. She holds the moment close to her heart, so that she will never forget it.

Her first solid talk with Lerad is also a favorite, as it affirmed her life goals.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • Winning the Seal of War, being stalked by Morgfyre before/after leaving Magnagora, and being adopted into d'Murani by Jael.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    My Zvoltzian avatar trials. They were completely unexpected, personal, and so awesome.

Being -completely- flabbergasted on stepping through the Piercing Needle in Climanti for the first time with Ixion.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    -So many Fain events. The Inner Circle meeting with Fain in the temple on many occasions to discuss plots to take over Magnagora and the world. Getting High Priestess. Him totally surprising me and putting my poem on his monument in Magnagora. Once when I was AFK, he was using me as his puppet to test some code for Thoros's temple. When it didn't work he would grumble and fling me to astral. Gosh, I miss Fain.

-Attempting to takeover Glomdoring as a Fainite. Recruiting a member of Glom into the Order secretly. The whole mess being revealed and being thrown out of Glom and running back to Mag as a pariah.

-Fain naming Celina lower than Merian and Elfen when I left for Glom. Having Celina's treachery forever noted in the events posts.

-Getting Shikari OH when he returned. Subsequent Qiriis drama and the forever grudges Celina will carry over it.

-Getting Glom Ascendant. Never thought that would happen in a million years.

-Getting Queen of the Night. Gosh I had so much fun with that.

-The age of the Glom power couples. Narynth and Shuyin. Krellan and Talan. Sid d and I.

-When I was still really new, I was involved in the Glom Viravain/Isune event. I had no idea what it was until RL years later when I was a Glom and put the pieces together. So it was cool being present for Glom's conception without knowing it.

I could go on. Damn, I'm old.
  • Getting thrown from the top of Mt. Avechna into the Moonheart Mothertree by Lady Viravain.

Talking to Volucer about divine babies. Having a snowball fight with Lady Isune and Tully. Falling asleep, Lady Isune painted me blue because sleeping lucidians looked like statues.

Getting kicked from Serenwilde. Getting invited to crow cookies and champagne in Glomdoring after getting kicked.

Reading the Book of Tae out loud to an audience at the Moonheart Mothertree when the book was first published.

Malicia inducting me into Celest for five seconds when we realized you can induct people without their permission...

Lord Lyreth hitting me in the chest with a rainbow trout, breaking my chest. He gave me a painting in the way of an apology.

Being inducted into Lord Lyreth's order. After being inducted, getting bearhugged. Which I think broke my chest again.

Him exploding into lyrebirds.

The Lord-and-Lady asking me to designing Them cup cakes.

Me being oblivious and asking if They were asking me to join the order. Answer - yes.

All the hugs from Lord-and-Lady Mysrai. I have them saved in a folder. That's...not creepy at all.

There's other things, but those are vaguely in order and what I remember before sleeping again.
    Bookbinder by trade! Designer of most other things.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Shulamit said:
    Getting thrown from the top of Mt. Avechna into the Moonheart Mothertree by Lady Viravain.

Talking to Volucer about divine babies. Having a snowball fight with Lady Isune and Tully. Falling asleep, Lady Isune painted me blue because sleeping lucidians looked like statues.

Getting kicked from Serenwilde. Getting invited to crow cookies and champagne in Glomdoring after getting kicked.

Reading the Book of Tae out loud to an audience at the Moonheart Mothertree when the book was first published.

Malicia inducting me into Celest for five seconds when we realized you can induct people without their permission...

Lord Lyreth hitting me in the chest with a rainbow trout, breaking my chest. He gave me a painting in the way of an apology.

Being inducted into Lord Lyreth's order. After being inducted, getting bearhugged. Which I think broke my chest again.

Him exploding into lyrebirds.

The Lord-and-Lady asking me to designing Them cup cakes.

Me being oblivious and asking if They were asking me to join the order. Answer - yes.

All the hugs from Lord-and-Lady Mysrai. I have them saved in a folder. That's...not creepy at all.

There's other things, but those are vaguely in order and what I remember before sleeping again.
    Nothing about Pesupesu :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited May 2013
    So many things between characters. Hrm.

Shaddus:
    To echo Celina, Fain rp sessions. I miss Fain so bad it's not even funny. Like, the time He maggoted me and made me walk up Avechna to grovel at His master shrine, and then raised me in order rank because I didn't quit on Him (unlike Celina) when He was purposefully treating me like crap to test me. Or the time I walked into His temple and caught an irl drunk Sthai inducting Rika into Fain's order. Or the time I performed my ordination ritual, and the visions  from it made me gag irl (nothing like voiding your bowels in a text game because you're being tentacle raped in the mouth. Don't ask). Or the time He was teaching me how to do certain tricks in the temple, and had to find a way to ICly tell me "It works off of key words, just wave your arms around and make it your own thing". Or the time He lost a bet with Morgfyre and beheaded half of His order to repay the debt. Or the time he married Pectus and Shaddus on Nil. Or the time He came to see a play at the city stage, and actually forced His throne to burst up through the ground just to sit on it during the play. There's other things that happened to Shaddus during my time playing him, but I can honestly say if not for Fain, Shaddus wouldn't have lasted.

Also, when godrealms came out, and Fain told Thoros and Shaddus to explore His. Here we are walking around, and we find maggots. Ooooh, new hunting ground!

Fain: THAT'S MY ESSENCE YOU FOOLS, STOP THAT!

Also @Sahmiam. He was the best son ever. @Sajite was awesome as well, but needs to come around more.

Pesukaru:

Wooing Shulamit with candy oranges at the Matrix. Asking Lyreth to join His order, and he was like, "Meh, whatever", but you knew he was happy to oblige. Pesukaru being my first demigod, and when he hit the Havens for the first time, Lyreth met me there and made me avatar (I still don't know why. Lyreth picked the worst avatar ever). Sitting on the top of a mountain with Shulamit on a picnic, and watching the clouds go by. 

Later on, joining @Mysrai's order. I never really could wrap my mind around her rp, but she was amazing to get to know, and even though I came to be angry at her every now and then, I still <3 me some Mysrai.

Entrias:
    Getting to know @Zyphora is first automatically, as she's pretty awesome to know. Also, @Irillia's sense of design and decorum is second to none.

Helping to bring out Aerochem was amazing. 

Amongst random characters:
    Being invited to a family is always awesome. I rarely ever get invited to families on my characters.
    Celina communefavoring me because I decap'd someone in Moon Lake. Who cares if they were afk. :(|)
    Seeing designs being accepted and used. There's nothing more amazing to me than designing something, and seeing others use it. I always grin and tell myself, "I designed that". 

EVERY SINGLE TIME a divine decides to chat me up, even if it's only small talk. Sometimes I'm not really talkative, but that's mostly because I don't want to make an ass of myself.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited May 2013
    Oh god I remember the maggot ordeal. Hahahaha. Oh good times.

edit: I remember the very first godrealm wars between Fain and Eventru. Nothing worked, so Fain's order was just camped out in Eventru's realm for an hour. Every few minutes Fain would say "Try it now." "Nope." "Damn it. What about now." "Nope."

Eventually things started working and we won. Took like 2 hours.
    @Celina, do you still have a link to the old forums logs? I can't seem to find our stash >.>
  • edited May 2013
    Shaddus said:
    EVERY SINGLE TIME a divine decides to chat me up, even if it's only small talk. Sometimes I'm not really talkative, but that's mostly because I don't want to make an ass of myself.
    This. Oh, this. Maylea was fantastic about this. I was a lot more shy about just interacting with everybody here back then, and Maylea would sometimes just show up to talk, and it didn't matter what about. She had a way about making me feel less worried about sounding stupid, and helped to make it feel like Riluna had a friend... who just so happened to be a Goddess. Even going out of her way once to have that very young, new player write a ritual, which she then used to appoint her new OH.

So many memorable things though, too many to list here. She was probably a big part of why I stuck around.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • edited May 2013
    Let's see what I can remember...

Glom Years
    -----------------

Having Shayle as a mentor, who through good and bad shaped not only much of Mael's childhood in Glom but much of Glom itself then.

Penelope, as Princess, releasing a bunch of disembodied brains into the guildhall while I was taking an advancement exam from Shayle and having the whole guild ordered to clean it up.

Valarien

Being involved, however tangentially, in the founding of the Harbingers. Serving as their second Maestro [terribly unsuccessfully, but I was there at least] and getting to design the Voice room in the Guildhall.

@Eliron [and the Inseira/Shee-Slaugh]

Arranging to have Eliron and Arel meet in Deepnight, after the later left the Glomdoring for Serenwilde, and getting them to talk awkwardly.

All the SD RP with @Rancoura during Mael's second tenure therein, especially her assigning of the title he still holds to this day.

Halli Years
    ----------------

Arel's transparent manipulations leading to Mael's joining Hallifax, Institute, and Lord Elostian's Order [the last one perhaps not a manipulation on his part, but I wouldn't put it past him]

Sylandra's play rehearsals, in which we both accomplished so much and so very little on topic.

@Daraius aetherhunts and our interactions in general, from Mael's incessant games and pestering of him to the resulting friendship.

Courting @Orventa apparently from the moment he met her whilst being invited to tour the Institute by Arel and subsequently getting a family of his own after 175 years.

Elostian killing Mael for not delivering on a book, but subsequently Truefavouring him for being the one to remind him that the arrangement existed.

Sarella

And last, but not least, the strange times of service to @Zvoltz from being the very first of his order to somehow becoming Phoebus' successor as the head of the Arbiters. Though particularly teaching Zvoltz how to garden.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Riluna said:
    Shaddus said:
    This. Oh, this. Maylea was fantastic about this. I was a lot more shy about just interacting with everybody here back then, and Maylea would sometimes just show up to talk, and it didn't matter what about. She had a way about making me feel less worried about sounding stupid, and helped to make it feel like Riluna had a friend... who just so happened to be a Goddess. 
    @Isune is another with this talent, it's a rare thing to find such a perfect balance of horrifically imposing divine status and relatability!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • edited May 2013
    • Becoming first Warlord of Magnagora
    • Making Magnagora racist against Merians (I have the messages from Fain to prove it :p)
    • Raising the Necromentate for the first time
    • First ever prime Celest raid where we killed Meleris
    • Killing the Supernals for the first time and destroying the Star of Celest
    • Getting drunk with Nikua at the Moonhart Mother whilst the rest of Serenwilde muttered about the Magnagoran Warlord polluting their forest
    • The Tainting of the Fae - Curing them so we could keep our non-aggression pact with Serenwilde (bad move - should have tainted them - but we did beat everyone to the required poem)
    • First Dark Marshall of Glom
    • Coming back to Magnagora and being made Thief of Thrones by Fain
    • Discovery of Kryden Valik - Releasing Crazen spirit after conversations with Kar'chen
    • Releasing Zenos
    Lots of other little events.
  • Sorry Pesupesu. Grand scheme of things, gods throwing me from mountains is way more memorable. Scared of gods and all that.

The date is a good memory though. It was a nice date, even if hot chocolate has no taste.
    Bookbinder by trade! Designer of most other things.

• I don't remember a lot of Kuailong but here's what I can:

Hugging Eventru. All of the hugs. Ninja hugs.

It was so long ago D:
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    I think probably the most memorable thing was walking into that particular room in the Inner Sea and seeing the Chaos Hamster right there. That, and the amount of jokes that followed during the event... when I actually managed to get out of an icewalled room while sitting and having about 100% command resistance during the chaos hammy debacle.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Elanorwen said:
    I think probably the most memorable thing was walking into that particular room in the Inner Sea and seeing the Chaos Hamster right there. That, and the amount of jokes that followed during the event... when I actually managed to get out of an icewalled room while sitting and having about 100% command resistance during the chaos hammy debacle.
    I still don't know how you managed it.  It was icewalled, bondsed, blocked, and you still got out and were wandering around the island with agoraphobia.
  • Forget roleplay - my single most memorable moment in... 7? years of Lusternia was being killed by a swarm of beggars in Magnagora:

I do miss this game once in a blue moon.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Here's a few off the top of my head -

- Silvanus. Both he and Lavinya being engaged to other people but ditching them at the last moment for each other. Very much a matter of love winning out over politics and a great story to scandalise the grandkids with.

- Being stalked by Morgfyre's voice in my manse urging me to not be a lazy git and do things (maybe paraphrased slightly), and everything that has come after - so much awesome interaction and RP, gaining avatar and Chosen, chit-chat with His priests, shiny toys and quests and all the DisOrder interactions. Getting a cult, with the most incredibly awesome area beyond the altar ever, which I still get lost in because it is just that cool.

- Summoning the guts after a long, long time to contest for Mystagogue in the Nihilists and then serving for a RL year, until I stepped down to contest for GM.

- Othero teaching Lavinya a lesson to stop her moping after an upset by essentially forcing her and Taevi to fight. Hair pulling, feather plucking, scratching and biting, the works. In fact, all of the plotting with Taevi as mischeivous young nihilists and Othero pulling them into line.

- Actually getting a legit kill in a defense, Kelly with a wrack. I doubt I will ever get so lucky again.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    On an alt, giving Zvoltz His very first cheesecake!

• edited May 2013
    • Founding the Sentinels. At the time, I was surprised people kept wanting me to run for offices/voted for me. I still am. 
    • The time I put out an assassination contract in a roundabout plot to kill the person and forgot to turn my system on. Oops.
    • The Wyrd-y vine. Still have it, but it changes based on her loyalties. 
    • Somehow getting on Xiel's and Lehki's team in the last round of the war seal. 
    • Baby in a vase.
    • Knock knock jokes with Lehki. 
    • Pun attack at Eventru.
    • Lisaera threatening to have one of Her pets eat me in the midst of a conversation telling me not to be afraid. 
    • The surprise induction into Fain's order. Melville walked up, BAPTISE, leave.
    • Forgot this one: giving my Elohora doll to Raziela during the binding thing. That was an interesting moment.
    If I'm on topic, something has gone horribly wrong.
  • Fun topic to see when I check here. I have so many. Here are a few in rough chronological order (I'm old).

• My first New Moon ritual with Marina
    • The conversation with Leiliadhe and Nadjia, and then drawing straws to see who had to tell Rancoura about it.
    • When Maeve's dog piddled on my brand new carpet.
    • Bashing tunnel trash with Sidd
    • That time when Nocht walked in
    • That one weakening.
    • Glom getting Angkrag. Sidd kamikazeeing all of Serenwilde for miners - and succeeding.
    • Ryleth and rockeaters, Silferras leaving snacks for me and Ayisdra, helping to design and decorate Taisgeal.
    • Exeryte being a curmudgeonly nogoodnik.
    • Becoming guildless.
    • The time with the baby.
    • Sadhyra and Desitrus's rap battle.
    • Getting Beauty with Krellan.
    • Repairing Maeve's Sceptre.
    • Listening in Xenthos's nest.
    • The meeting in Celina's old manse with the black and white checkered floor.
    • Urazial's threats upon my joining the Harbingers.
    • Luring Rika to the dark side.
    • That entire period of about 8 months where everyone was awesome 100% of the time.
    • Shaddus choosing to lick boots.
    • Vadi making the last selfless gesture.
    • Isune jumping out of that cake.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!