Mudlet 3.0 final - do you have any issues with delta, epsilon, iota?

Hi all

We're looking to release the Mudlet 3.0 final update soon - just checking in if anyone has issues they've noticed running the pre-release versions?

If you're running 2.1 or below, this does not apply.

Comments

• I mainly use delta but I've also tried iota and pretty much everyone else who is on a 3.0 preview build has reported the same issue, but there is a problem with the mapper where putting rooms into a new area that you just made just doesn't work. A couple of people told me that they went back to 2.1 where it works.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I've had problems with the mapper as well, but my main issue was Mudlet crashing every time I tried to load my Tremula profile on any version but Delta.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Bit of a weird bug I and a few others have found with delta.

If things are happening in game and things keep scrolling, if you scroll up and highlight text to copy and paste it it crashed mudlet. 

Tends to happen when bashing or such and you scroll up to copy some old line in.
  • Mapper is definitely a problem. Maybe it is to do with the change in http to https of the game map. I could not fix that. Another major problem is we no more have the package exporter that we had in 2.1. We have to export triggers, aliases, scripts, etc separately instead of in one zip package.
  • Oh. You had shown a preview of how the aetherspace map will look with mudlet mapper. Is that possible still or is there a problem?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    If I tap a lot, Mudlet crashes. 

(yes. I know, that's vague. I can't really explain it better than that)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • tap... where
  • what does tapping even mean. clicking the mouse, doing the emote, ...?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tapping the mouse on the interface, usually around the search box on the bottom right.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • That happens occasionally in 2.1 too, actually. Probably one of the only problems I have with 2.1 (not what the thread is about, of course) -- Generally you click too rapidly in different spots, causes mudlet to stall and eventually just crash.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • Athree said:
    Oh. You had shown a preview of how the aetherspace map will look with mudlet mapper. Is that possible still or is there a problem?
    I'd have to dig around this again. I think I might have posted the map somewhere if you search around...
  • Tremula said:
    I've had problems with the mapper as well, but my main issue was Mudlet crashing every time I tried to load my Tremula profile on any version but Delta.
    Try this https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-iK1aZHmCtKQUlrVnNmQ1VMVDQ - does it fix the issue?
  • Athree said:
    Mapper is definitely a problem. Maybe it is to do with the change in http to https of the game map. I could not fix that. Another major problem is we no more have the package exporter that we had in 2.1. We have to export triggers, aliases, scripts, etc separately instead of in one zip package.
    It's still there - enable the menu bar in settings and it'll be under Toolbox. Is that what you are looking for?
  • Falmiis said:
    I mainly use delta but I've also tried iota and pretty much everyone else who is on a 3.0 preview build has reported the same issue, but there is a problem with the mapper where putting rooms into a new area that you just made just doesn't work. A couple of people told me that they went back to 2.1 where it works.
    I haven't had luck replicating it. I've made two new areas and rooms went into them okay. Could you please show me how to make the problem happen?

6800h, 9300m, 6300e, 10p, 26400w elrxd<>-rl
    (mapper): Room: Old Imperial Road by lava pools #: 469 area: Old Imperial Road (3)
    (mapper): Coordinates: x:10, y:-5, z:-2, locked: nope, weight: 1
    (mapper): Environment: road (12)
    (mapper): Exits (2):
    southeast -> (468)
    west -> Old Imperial Road by lava pools (470)
    (mapper): Stuff you can do:
    Clear all labels (in area) (whole map)
    Check for mapper & map updates (force map)
    (mapper): version 17.1.2.
    The white blanket of cloud in the sky above you thickens into a heavy cover.
    6800h, 9300m, 6300e, 10p, 26400w elrxd<>-area delete test4
    (mapper): Don't know of that area.
    area add test4
    (mapper): Created new area test4 (4)
    room area test4
    (mapper): Moved Old Imperial Road by lava pools to test4 (4).
    rl
    (mapper): Room: Old Imperial Road by lava pools #: 469 area: test4 (4)
    (mapper): Coordinates: x:10, y:-5, z:-2, locked: nope, weight: 1
    (mapper): Environment: road (12)
    (mapper): Exits (2):
    southeast -> (468) (in Old Imperial Road)
    west -> Old Imperial Road by lava pools (470) (in Old Imperial Road)
    (mapper): Stuff you can do:
    Clear all labels (in area) (whole map)
    Check for mapper & map updates (force map)
    (mapper): version 17.1.2.

• FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited February 2017
    @Vadi: The problem appears to be related to the setRoomArea(roomID, newAreaID) function that the IRE mapping script calls.

Here, I'm trying to add room 44019 to a newly created area using setRoomArea directly, which doesn't work. However, changing it to areas that already existed in the map works.

area add mountkrog
    (mapper): Created new area mountkrog (258)
    lua setRoomArea(44019, 258)
    rl
    (mapper): Room: Through frigid snow dunes #: 44019 area: Avechna's Teeth (24)
    (mapper): Coordinates: x:-16, y:91, z:0, locked: nope, weight: 1
    (mapper): Environment: tundra (16)
    (mapper): Exits (2):
      up ->  (44024)
      south -> Through an alpine pass (2118)
    (mapper): Stuff you can do:
      Clear all labels (in area) (whole map)
      Check for mapper & map updates (force map)
    (mapper): version 16.6.1.
    lua setRoomArea(44019, 25)
    true

rl
    (mapper): Room: Through frigid snow dunes #: 44019 area: Faethorn Realm (25)
      up ->  (44024) (in Avechna's Teeth)
      south -> Through an alpine pass (2118) (in Avechna's Teeth)
    lua setRoomArea(44019, 24)
    true

rl
    (mapper): Room: Through frigid snow dunes #: 44019 area: Avechna's Teeth (24)
      up ->  (44024)
      south -> Through an alpine pass (2118)
  • I see your problem, but it's not happening for me. Could you try using a Mudlet from here and see if you get the same result as you did before?

(mapper): Room: Old Imperial Road by lava pools #: 469 area: Old Imperial Road (13)
    (mapper): Coordinates: x:-6, y:-8, z:0, locked: nope, weight: 1
    (mapper): Environment: road (12)
      southeast -> Old Imperial Road by lava pools (468)
      west -> Old Imperial Road by lava pools (470)
    (mapper): version 13.11.1.
    (mapper): Created new area mountkrog (245)
    That is not a valid command.
    6800h, 9300m, 6300e, 10p, 26400w elrxd<>-
    6800h, 9300m, 6300e, 10p, 26400w elrxd<>-lua setRoomArea(469 , 245)
    6800h, 9300m, 6300e, 10p, 26400w elrxd<>-vlua setRoomArea(469 , 245)
    true

rl
    (mapper): Room: Old Imperial Road by lava pools #: 469 area: mountkrog (245)
    (mapper): Coordinates: x:-6, y:-8, z:0, locked: nope, weight: 1
    (mapper): Environment: road (12)
      southeast -> Old Imperial Road by lava pools (468) (in Old Imperial Road)
      west -> Old Imperial Road by lava pools (470) (in Old Imperial Road)
    (mapper): version 13.11.1.
  • Sorry for the late response @Vadi. The version you linked worked.

However, I found that the colours were a bit brighter than I am used to.
    Your version: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/v7iy7_a9
    My 3.0 delta: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/15TStYgp
  • Thanks for getting back on this, good to hear areas are no longer an issue.

On the colours - is that an issue for you? I think it's the effect of this fix (will test to make sure) and was apparently a case of Mudlet getting the colours a little wrong before. Haven't checked this against other clients, though - if anyone has time to get comparisons to mush/web/whatever else, would be appreciated.
  • It just looked a bit off to me. It's an "issue" insofar that I am used to how it looks on my version of Mudlet, but if that's what it is supposed to be then that's fine and I'll just adjust my colours.
  • Alright. Mind helping me out - add screenshots on how it looks on other clients you can get your hands on?
  • Does anyone have an issue with preserving of room marks? I can set & (seemingly) save them just fine in iota, but as soon as I close & start Mudlet again they're gone. Fiddling with the save version of the map (17 or 18) doesn't seem to help. In fact Mudlet always starts back with 16, no matter what I set and save (and fonts don't seem to work either).

I'm just asking because I had to fiddle with iota quite a bit to get it to work on my system, so it may just be that I ended up breaking stuff. :/
  • This could be my own local thing but I ran into a problem of Mudlet 3.0 iota not coming with openssl dlls which prevented https downloads (including game map downloads for IRE games) from working. If it's possible licensing-wise it'd be neat to include that in the windows installer. (I'm on Windows 10 if that makes a difference.) I used the largest version numbered zip that was 32 bits from here: http://indy.fulgan.com/SSL/
  • Yacsee said:
    Does anyone have an issue with preserving of room marks? I can set & (seemingly) save them just fine in iota, but as soon as I close & start Mudlet again they're gone. Fiddling with the save version of the map (17 or 18) doesn't seem to help. In fact Mudlet always starts back with 16, no matter what I set and save (and fonts don't seem to work either).

I'm just asking because I had to fiddle with iota quite a bit to get it to work on my system, so it may just be that I ended up breaking stuff. :/
    Will check it out.
  • Wobou said:
    This could be my own local thing but I ran into a problem of Mudlet 3.0 iota not coming with openssl dlls which prevented https downloads (including game map downloads for IRE games) from working. If it's possible licensing-wise it'd be neat to include that in the windows installer. (I'm on Windows 10 if that makes a difference.) I used the largest version numbered zip that was 32 bits from here: http://indy.fulgan.com/SSL/
    Got it covered, here are the files that come with the latest installer: https://github.com/Mudlet/installers/tree/master/windows/windows-binaries-32bit