The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• So one thing I want to really note here is that the Traitors do have the Town win condition in their thing, so a Traitor can lie and say "Hey, I'm town because I win when the Soulless are defeated" and completely leave out their recruitment clause. My understanding from Vivet/Fain's role is that there is at least one other Traitor right now and they have the elixir, which is possible for recruiting or other things yet unknown.

I definitely want to take a good long look at Ushaara again, because damn, Fain was a Traitor.

So, Vote: Ushaara

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Also, just a side note, more birthday stuff today with family. I will be checking on my phone but maybe not posting.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• I tried to send Xeii some armour but...uhh...guess trouble got to her before my delivery made it. I'm unsure if it'll show me as having visited her or not as it seems like she was dead by the time my action occurred.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Last night I was contained in a field of essence.

As for Fain and Malmydia... well... sorry, Ushaara.

Vote: Ushaara.
  • Hmm ok on re-reading the role description, the "forbidden elixir" part is very enigmatic. I agree with lynching Ushaara to learn more about this. I'm thinking maybe it isn't necessarily a conversion but rather a 2nd mafia and the forbidden elixir may just be something passive they all have? Or maybe if enough die they can give it out to recruit more? I dunno. I'm irked by the lack of explanation of what it means!

Ok, Vote: Ushaara
  • I was also trapped in an essence field last night. I'm not sure if it blocked my power last night. I got a message that a Soulless was after Selenity but I don't know which Soulless. That goes against how my power was explained, I should know the Soulless role name.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Well if I didn't already know that Malmydia was going to be a tough role, I sure as hell do now...

I really don't have much beyond the "canon is different" defence, because yet again, no action from me last night. Didn't see any one else act on me either.

The mod message confirms: Fain wasn't lead Traitor. Does that mean I am? I can see how you guys have to consider that, and question whether my claim yesterday was an elaborate bluff or not.

But I'll ask if you think if claiming Malmydia as early as I did makes a good mafia play, knowing that the moment any other Traitor was found, that I'd be eliminated?

The mod message confirms, Traitors can night chat.

Is this really likely?

Mafia-Me: "Yo, I'm going to claim Malmydia as town"
    Rest of Mafia: "Go for it!!"

Mafia goal is to stay hidden for as long as they can. A claim like that means they lose two members the moment one of them gets eliminated.

The honest answer is that I have no affiliation to the Traitor faction, I know nothing about the Forbidden Elixir, and I only win when the Soulless are defeated, no other caveats.

So I can see the train a-coming, but I'm hoping you at least consider the consistency of my actions yesterday.

Will be very interested at the end of the game to hear how other people think I could have done things differently.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I was going to put pressure on Vivet today so this is exciting.

Vote Ushaara.

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Vote: Ushaara
  • Hmm.

Unvote: Ushaara

He didn't have to claim. I am going to see what else we find. Let's hear about night actions. If we're trying to see if traitor = traitor, we can find that out indirectly if a non-traitor dies and flips scum. We can always lynch Ushaara later, but I think we are training too quick. Let's hear what happened during the night.
  • Oops.

Unvote: Ushaara
    I don't think Vivet ever voted for Ushaara, did she?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    If a second unvotes Ushaara so will I. I just don't trust myself being a pusher for votes anymore.
  • Yeah... Let there be at least 24 hours before a lynch, people. I won't really argue against an Ushaara lynch, but at least give people a chance to speak up first.

That said... I don't really have anything to add beyond that. I'll join in on an Ushaara lynch later, if need be, but for now I'll stay unvoted.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Ushaara said:

The mod message confirms: Fain wasn't lead Traitor. Does that mean I am? I can see how you guys have to consider that, and question whether my claim yesterday was an elaborate bluff or not.

I have a specific concern on this. Could very easily mean that Fain started the game in the lead traitor role, but it passed to someone else on death. After all, he died fast. History would probably remember his heir as the leader. I'm really not sure we should read into the fluff rewrites so much.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Also, FYI, we're at 5 votes now:

Ushaara: Shaddus, Dylara, Selenity, Breandryn, Sylandra, Othero (5)

If it's anything like yesterday, that means I have 5 minutes! ;)
    Portius said:
    Ushaara said:

I have a specific concern on this. Could very easily mean that Fain started the game in the lead traitor role, but it passed to someone else on death. After all, he died fast. History would probably remember his heir as the leader. I'm really not sure we should read into the fluff rewrites so much.
    You're right. Before I had fully scrolled through the mod-post, I also thought that it meant that Nemach as cult leader was more likely, though the win condition still read defeat all Soulless, so who knows?

But I'm in scramble defence mode here, any shred of something I can include to slow down a lynch, I'll take.
  • Uh yeah let's not jump straight to lynching just yet. I'd feel better if we avoid executioner territory as well for the time being
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
     Uh...good morning.

So we now know two more important things that haven't really been touched on. We got exceedingly lucky night 1 by a soulless fighting another soulless because there are two killers at large, and it looks like one of them targeted Xeii that night. It looks like whoever did that just did it again, so boo. Odds are good that Weiwae and I are the next two big targets, so I'm going to be forthright about who I'm poking.

I checked Shaddus on the assumption that since he was vouching for Sylandra I could clear or out two birds with one night. He's clean, so I'm tentatively okay with Sylandra as well.
    Luce said:
     Uh...good morning.

So we now know two more important things that haven't really been touched on. We got exceedingly lucky night 1 by a soulless fighting another soulless because there are two killers at large, and it looks like one of them targeted Xeii that night. It looks like whoever did that just did it again, so boo. Odds are good that Weiwae and I are the next two big targets, so I'm going to be forthright about who I'm poking.

I checked Shaddus on the assumption that since he was vouching for Sylandra I could clear or out two birds with one night. He's clean, so I'm tentatively okay with Sylandra as well.
    That's a relief, good to know.
    Daraius said:
    Additionally, I'll unvote because I did have two targets I wanted to pressure today. And Vivet was one of them so perhaps I'll get lucky with the second. Going to be traveling today today though so my longer thoughts will have to wait until tonight.
    Daraius said:
    That's two unvotes, so I'll also Unvote.
    Ushaara said:
    If we assume for now that Othero's message means no Soulless killed Krokano because they were fighting each other, what are we looking at?

a) Vigilante misfire
    b) Elder serialkiller

Some non-standard options might be Krokano targeting something with a Revenge power?
    While people are unvoting, I'm pretty sure it's considered more a temporary reprieve...

So all my cards on the table time, and hopefully enough to keep the votes from returning.

People were clamouring for a power claim from me yesterday, not realising that I had already revealed it.

I have an X-shot Revenge power.

Flavour is that witnessing the horrors and loss of so many Elders to the Soulless firsthand has hardened me. At night, I can choose to isolate myself, sharpen my surgical knives, and anyone who tries target me will get more than they bargained for.

Notes:
    1) Despite what I say in the quote above, this is not what happened to Krokano.
    2) I'll only kill one person in the case of multiple people targeting me. Do not know if Silvanus will work this by action priority, alignment, random roll, or otherwise.
    3) I am not a vigilante/serial killer. I cannot target anyone.

People questioned why I revealed myself so unnecessarily? Why was I cagey about my power?

Because absolutely everything about my role puts me in a precarious position.

Canon Traitor? Lynch!
    Revenge Power? Too dangerous! You might be converted! It's a scummy power! Lynch!
    Accidental Townie Death?  Lynch!

If it wasn't Krokano who died Night 1, I probably wouldn't have revealed as early as I did, but as I said before, I saw his death as my best chance of convincing people that this game's canon is different. I thought that by claiming early and getting the tough conversation over with, there would be less chance of accidental deaths on later nights with investigators and blockers etc. focused elsewhere.

But playing such a precarious role is exactly why I dropped those clues in early posts. I knew I was going to be in for a lot of flak. I knew I'd need something to come back to.

So everything I've said up to now still holds. I truly had no idea how the Traitor faction was going to manifest in the game. I have no affiliation with them. I know nothing about the Forbidden Elixir. My only win condition is the defeat of the Soulless.

I said Day 1 to expect curveballs. I knew full well that I was a prime example of one.

So again, for my own self-interest I've to present a better option. I'm struggling for one that I can back up, since as I've said, my power doesn't allow me to learn anything.

The only person left of the Breandryn/Luce/Dylara bandwagoners on my lynch train is Dylara, but I really don't know if her vote was really just justified suspicion of an early claim.

So, purely because I don't believe the "Silvanus forgot to include my win condition" claim, I'll

Vote Lavinya

As I said, will be very interested to hear opinions on how other people would play Malmydia at end of game.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Whoa I must've missed that claim but I guess it does need to be corroborated.

It is true and I made the joke that I need a proofreader because Lavi is my usual proofreader.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Ah. Well unvote so
  • Super suspicious of you bro, can't help it. Your whole claim screams suspicious to me, especially with Fain being an actual Traitor. If the will of the town is not you, fine, I'll move especially if there is a Soulless to catch. But I won't trust a Traitor.

I get it. My reaction when I got the role was 'Oh f*ck' because I knew that suspicion would be how the game would go. I don't think I was expected to survive for long.

Let me know at the end what you'd do differently though!
  • I honestly can't say, other than perhaps not claiming like you did? I inherently find volunteered claims with no prompting suspicious.

• I mean... The only time I've seen a similar power was my own in the Chimaera game. Which was a power I got access to once I flipped from town to SK. So yeah, colour me suspicious about that power.