The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    (I would also make the point that we can reasonably say @Breandryn and @Lehki were not aligned with Vivet last dayphase, considering how quickly Vivet was ready to pile on them both.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Unless Othero needs to target someone, or gets targeted by someone, my Jail should not affect him.
    Weiwae said:
    Unless Othero needs to target someone, or gets targeted by someone, my Jail should not affect him.
    I'm asking Othero specifically. I want it on the record.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Additionally if Othero can confirm being jailed...

People I Currently Doubt Performed Mafia Kill Last Night:
    Weiwae - Jailed Othero
    Luce - Investigated Shaddus
    Othero - Jailed (can sense Soulless)
    Shaddus - Investigated town by Luce 
    Breandryn - failed to give plate to Xeii (claimed)

WIP, obvs.
    Daraius said:
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Yomoigu said:
    As an aside, it would be kind of funny if Vivet went to convert Ushaara last night and died because of it.
    I wish I could claim this was the case. I thought that after the mess of yesterday, someone would be sure to block/investigate/track me last night, so I didn't isolate myself. Thanks for at least acknowledging how tricky the role is!
    Shaddus said:
    Wait, wait. 

@Ushaara, how exactly does your power work? Does it kill anyone who approaches you, or only people who attempt to kill/imprison you?
    Flavour of power is that I isolate myself in my healing glade and anyone who tries break in gets knifed. So I'm assuming indiscriminate but I don't know how it would react to roleblock/jailing etc., or if Silvanus will implement whichever was received first.

---

Re: Vivet

I really have no sure idea on what her motivations were. Like Sylandra, she may have just thought that Malmydia would have a doozy of a power that would be good to convert.

But whatever her motivations were, I think that it's further evidence that I -didn't- start in the same faction as her.

Vivet is an intelligent mafia player and would have highlighted how silly the "Yo, I'll claim Malmydia as town" mafia play was.

Her "Cryptic Portension" post against Weiwae was what twigged her on my own shady radar. It was clear (to me, at least) that Weiwae was just frustrated from trying to argue with too many people at once.

So sure, options you have to consider are (i) possible convert last night, and (ii) my claim was hoisting a "Recruit Me" flag

But what should be becoming more and more evident is that I really had no idea how/if Traitors were going to appear in the game. I wasn't raising a flag, I was simply trying to be upfront with a difficult role. And given the amount of residual heat on me from yesterday, my convert days would have been severely numbered.

---

So now, few thoughts after a night's sleep.

Assumptions:
    I'm assuming Othero is telling the truth, and that his Soulless sense is because he's Dracnoris and seeing things through his connection with Draxbaylock, who I'm also assuming is -not- present in the game.

Threat board as I'm piecing it together now is

Nemach   |    Kethuru    |    Illith
       Fain
      Other

- So rival Soulless as Portius postulated.
    - Assuming Nemach is here since we have Roark + Traitors.

- I'll forgive Sylandra the Traitor-only recruitment cult limitation, as I need to introduce a limited cult recruitment scenario of my own to make sense of Forbidden Elixir power. Though there might be a possibility or two in Shaddus' "Extra Power" theory.

Town win is eliminate all of Nemach/Kethuru/Illith.

Traitor win is eliminate Kethuru/Illith + outnumber Town

Othero says Selenity was also targeted last night by a Soulless, so we could have potentially had 3 deaths. But Selenity is still here, mentions being contained in field of essence, so possibly forceconverted with excorperdito essence by Nemach. Still possible that Fain was a vigilante kill, but hmm....

So the two people I am now most suspect of are Selenity and Portius.

Selenity based on Othero's information, and for how quickly she turned against me after essentially having my back yesterday.

Portius because I'm now reading the SK Soulless idea he made as raising a flag to other Soulless, and also for how quickly he wanted attention back on me today.

I'll Vote Selenity
  • Sylandra said:
    Also @Othero if you were jailed but your ability still worked, do you mean to say your ability to sense Soulless is unblockable?

@Selenity you were mentioned in @Othero's most recent Soulless watch. Did anything happen to you last night you can report?
    Already in my first post, I don't really know if it worked or not. Part of my night message last night said a soulless was after Selenity. But my power says I'll know the Soulless taking the action and I did not learn that last night. (For example if Kethuru ate some berries I'd know Kethuru ate them but not the name of the person playing Kethuru. I think this means my power did not go off last night but I don't 100% know. It's kinda vague. I don't need to target anyone or be targeted for it to work though.

I will say I'm surprised I was jailed over the claimed doctor. Jailing them last night makes sense to me. Almost without a doubt the target for the mafia and would of let us keep the doctor in play later in the game when we'd know who needed protection. 
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Weiwae said:
    Looking back at Vivet's posts I see a lot of "I agree with Phoebus" comments, and a few strong but subtle defences of Sylandra.

Shaddus how certain are you exactly of Sylandra?
    Sorry to disappoint, but I don't know anything about these people. Sylandra and I have very similar Mafia playstyles, but beyond that I have no idea what her deal is in this game, besides that we both wanted to lynch Ushaara, and that your wack attack against her about it yesterday caused a lot more problems than it helped. 

And while Vivet and I might have agreed on lynching you, one thing she never seemed to agree on was my main objective: the Ushaara lynch. It got pretty close at one point (2 votes away!), but she never joined in, and in fact jumped in to call for people to back off on him when it looked like it might go through, which makes me suspicious that she had a reason to want Ushaara alive. There was all sorts of good cover to be gained by readily lynching a traitor role, but she didn't take that opportunity. I realize I'm biased towards this line of reasoning, but it is something to take note of.

Furthermore, once the lynch on Breandryn fell through, and you immediately diverted its high-speed wrath away from yourself by claiming, I voted for Ushaara again...but then Selenity's weird Lehki fixation instantly got more support as you and Vivet jumped on that one instead, prompting the rest of the crazytrain to activate its warp drive and follow suit. Before you say anything, yes, I fully admit that I totally also joined in. This was because A] after experiencing the insane speed of the Breandryn lynch, I knew it was definitely going through and I don't like to talk about wanting lynches, then not actually be a part of them, and B] Selenity kept focusing so freakin' much on Lehki throughout the day for weird reasons that I thought maybe she had some dirt on him that she didn't want to outright say. This turned out to not be the case.

(It is very late and I am very tired so this may be a little rambly but I'm hoping I've managed to speak clearly.)
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Hi I just woke up. Please don't kill me. If I'm remembering my role correctly I have a town superwin (well, it says a Major Victory for Town, that's a superwin, right?) condition.

@Phoebus I said on twilight two that I suck at picking targets and wouldn't be creating any Choo Choos from now on.

@Ushaara I had switched to you because I honestly didn't think the traitors were in the game as a faction, and believed you were innocent. Then Vivet turned out to be Fain and was part of a traitor faction/cult, and that flipped me on my head.
    Sylandra said:
    Also @Othero if you were jailed but your ability still worked, do you mean to say your ability to sense Soulless is unblockable?

@Selenity you were mentioned in @Othero's most recent Soulless watch. Did anything happen to you last night you can report?
    Selenity said:
    Last night I was contained in a field of essence.

My answer back on page 30.
    Is it too much to quote for a girl after she's been traveling all weekend. :( Cruel.
    Daraius said:
    Selenity said:
    Last night I was contained in a field of essence.

As for Fain and Malmydia... well... sorry, Ushaara.

Vote: Ushaara.
    For those of you who missed it like I did.
    Daraius said:
    Oh the quote was nested under my quote. Welp.

...I'm unreasonably tired today apparently. Thanks, time change.
    Daraius said:
  • Wait a second, Vivet's role doesn't say anything about recruitment. Why are we assuming Vivet tried to recruit Ushaara? Furthermore, trying to recruit someone who almost got lynch trained the prior day due to being a known traitor would be pretty weird for Vivet, who is pretty wiley as a player. Finally, if Vivet and Ushaara had started on the same side, Ushaara wouldn't be claiming a traitor because...well...duh. 

I can't vote for him due to those reasons. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
    So you don't think it makes sense to off a Traitor based on a Traitor already flipping scummy? Recruitment or no, it does paint the role of Malmydia in a poor light, you have to admit.
    Daraius said:
  • Not to mention the claimed power not exactly screaming town...
  • Fyler said:
    Wait a second, Vivet's role doesn't say anything about recruitment. Why are we assuming Vivet tried to recruit Ushaara? Furthermore, trying to recruit someone who almost got lynch trained the prior day due to being a known traitor would be pretty weird for Vivet, who is pretty wiley as a player. Finally, if Vivet and Ushaara had started on the same side, Ushaara wouldn't be claiming a traitor because...well...duh. 

I can't vote for him due to those reasons. 

Vivet's role flip has what's presumably her main power still hidden, it just says that the other traitors are still using it. To me that implies it's the groups main means of overcoming town, so either their kill or cult recruitment. And yeah we're making some assumptions by guessing that it was cult power, but that really makes the most sense right now. We're looking at Ushaara because Vivet was happy to jump on every vote train but his, so we're taking another guess that she had to recruit Traitors and not just anybody. So even if Vivet didn't recruit Ushaara yet, whoever has the elixir now may try to do so later.

Incidently, had a thought. What if Vivet died because she tried to recruit a soulless and it went about as well as you would expect that too?
    Or Occam's razor says a vigilante offed her.
    Daraius said:
    Ah here, Ssaliss. I can't do anything about the power I got dealt. I am well aware of how shady it sounds but if I was trying to bluff towniness I'd have said I was  medium or something. Typical Town powers can go to mafia, typical mafia powers can go to town. This should not be a surprise.

So you can debate my claim till the cows come home, but from my point of view you're trying to extract blood from a stone. I've nothing more to reveal. I'm clearly not a Soulless and have the shortest lifespan of a cultist ever if you think that scenario is likely.

If you're actually interested in finding a cultist/Soulless, start probing Selenity/Portius. 
  • Sylandra said:
    Or Occam's razor says a vigilante offed her.
    With two deaths this past night, I feel like it was a vigilante as well.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

Ushaara said:
    If you're actually interested in finding a cultist/Soulless, start probing Selenity/Portius. 
    I'm neither cultist nor Soulless. I'm an Elder. Well. If I'm to type in character, We are Elders.
    Selenity said:
    Ushaara said:
    I'm neither cultist nor Soulless. I'm an Elder. Well. If I'm to type in character, We are Elders.
    Rawr, I've to do all the heavylifting myself, without any investigative powers...

Okay, so Weiwae has said his power doesn't block people who don't specify a target. Othero confirmed he doesn't need to specify a target -> Othero's power worked.

Othero says he knows a Soulless targeted you last night.

He's unsure though because his power didn't specify which Soulless.

To me, that fits Nemach, who was the weakest of the Soulless and made his pact with Fain to strengthen himself so that he could rival the other Soulless. So Nemach not being noticed by Draxbaylock is a possibility that should be considered.

We can likely assume Xeii was protecting investigator/jailor, so you were most likely free of protection. You said you were caught in a field of essence. We need to consider that was potentially force conversion by excorpor-whatever essence.

You were targeted by a Soulless. How did you survive?
  • Sylandra said:
    So you don't think it makes sense to off a Traitor based on a Traitor already flipping scummy? Recruitment or no, it does paint the role of Malmydia in a poor light, you have to admit.
    I don't think that's the important question. I think the more important question is how do we reconcile Ushaara's claim if he cult, especially considering that if he was on Vivet's team, he knew she was a classic traitor role too. The question is valid, the answer makes no sense. 

So it's a no from me.
    (also, hope you can distinguish that I don't mean to be overly aggressive, but constant defence is frustrating position to be in.)
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    There is another solution. Othero is Illith or Kethuru. He would know that He and the other latched onto one another night 1, and that a soulless went after Selenity but was blocked. Not likely, but stranger things have happened. Remember the Cloud from Nightvale?

As for the two kills, right now I'm assuming it's one soulless kill and one Traitor.
    Ushaara said:
    Selenity said:
    Ushaara said:
    Rawr, I've to do all the heavylifting myself, without any investigative powers...

Okay, so Weiwae has said his power doesn't block people who don't specify a target. Othero confirmed he doesn't need to specify a target -> Othero's power worked.

Othero says he knows a Soulless targeted you last night.

He's unsure though because his power didn't specify which Soulless.

To me, that fits Nemach, who was the weakest of the Soulless and made his pact with Fain to strengthen himself so that he could rival the other Soulless. So Nemach not being noticed by Draxbaylock is a possibility that should be considered.

We can likely assume Xeii was protecting investigator/jailor, so you were most likely free of protection. You said you were caught in a field of essence. We need to consider that was potentially force conversion by excorpor-whatever essence.

You were targeted by a Soulless. How did you survive?
    I survived by being in the field of essence.

If someone tried to convert me or attack me, I wouldn't know. I was going down from Mount Dynara and then found myself trapped by Mount Dynara's gravity and contained inside of a field of essence.
    So if you're telling the truth, we have two protectors, or two jailors.

@ssaliss here is where a colour me suspicious is appropriate!

I do believe you started in the Elder faction, but think you were the likely convert last night. I'm pretty positive Vivet was interested in your role too.

I'll keep my vote where it is.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Weiwae said:
    I jailed Othero. I did not do anything to Selenity.

Looking back at Vivet's posts I see a lot of "I agree with Phoebus" comments, and a few strong but subtle defences of Sylandra.

@Shaddus how certain are you exactly of Sylandra?
    I'm certain Sylandra isn't Soulless. I'm about 95% sure she's either Manteekan or someone close.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    @Yomigu, what did you do last night?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Oh my gosh, Sylandra might be Traitor Manteekan? No wonder she's so keen to off me and establish her own towniness. Haha.
  • Shaddus said:
    Weiwae said:
    I jailed Othero. I did not do anything to Selenity.

@Shaddus how certain are you exactly of Sylandra?
    I'm certain Sylandra isn't Soulless. I'm about 95% sure she's either Manteekan or someone close.
    Explain please