The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Right now, My vote is better sitting on Someone than it is waiting around for people to make convincing arguments. I do not believe that Ushaara is a member of the mafia, but I will admit I had forgotten the part about a tracker.

So, since I already mentioned My suspicions, I'm going to vote: @Ssaliss. Come join the party, man.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Vote Count, Day Three

Ushaara - Dylara, Othero, Ssaliss, Selenity, Phoebus, Shaddus (6)

Shaddus - Ushaara, Lavinya (2)

Yomoigu - Breandryn, Weiwae (2)

Ssaliss - Tremula (1)

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch!
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Just thought of something... Isn't it usually the case that people have to use a power in order to notice being blocked? How, then, did Selenity notice she was jailed, when she claims to have taken no action?
  • Silvanus said:
    Vote Count, Day Three

Ushaara - Dylara, Othero, Ssaliss, Selenity, Phoebus, Shaddus (6)

Shaddus - Ushaara, Lavinya (2)

Yomoigu - Breandryn, Weiwae (2)

Ssaliss - Tremula (1)

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch!
    Psst, I voted for Shaddus a couple pages back. I'm having second thoughts on that thought so I'll do you a solid though and

Unvote 

Sylandra's right that we really should be giving more consideration to who killed Xeii last night.  I'll claim doing nothing last night, for whatever that's worth.

Ssaliss said:
    Just thought of something... Isn't it usually the case that people have to use a power in order to notice being blocked? How, then, did Selenity notice she was jailed, when she claims to have taken no action?
    It depends on the mod running it, it could be either really.
  • How about this plan then? Tonight, either myself, Tremula or Phoebus is jailed, and we'll know for sure.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I think my reading comprehension is failing me or I'm too distracted to read properly. It completely escaped my notice about Luce confirming Shaddus' role and name. That being said, that doesn't mean he is completely innocent but I think I can safely unvote for now, though I am highly suspicious still.

Honestly the longer this day goes on and Ushaara posts, the less confident I feel in voting him. The longer the trains drag on, the more wary I get and the more I second guess myself. This could have been avoided aaaages ago. I feel like the only lynch we will manage today is on Ushaara but I don't think it will do much now but confirm what we seem to all presume which is not all traitors are inherently scum. Surely we can do better after the massive amount of information that has come out during this day. 

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Lots of no power claims being made, which continues to make me less and less likely to believe Vivet was a vigilante kill. Still maintain that I would have been the vigilante's best target.

Vivet - Soulless
    Selenity - Soulless (failed)
    Xeii - Traitors

I know I can convince myself of things easily, but those pieces seem to fit with everything we've learned.

Unvote

Vote Portius

Since no traction on Shaddus, back to my original best guess for Soulless.

Don't believe the power claim.
    Do believe the SK Soulless theory he raised.
    Do believe that was him raising a flag to other Soulless.
    Do believe he was trying to get a free pass with my lynching today.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    It wounds me that my name is being tossed in with Rolsand's. Thanks, Lavinya. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Shaddus said:
    It wounds me that my name is being tossed in with Rolsand's. Thanks, Lavinya. 
    I lol'd, I'm sorry, that really is harsh. <3?

Portius said:
    This might be Ushaara-tier crazy, I'm not really sure. But I'm strongly considering the possibility that we don't have a mafia at all. As a refinement of Selenity's earlier point:

Soulless wanted to each everything, including each other, right? I think that was the story. That sounds more like a bunch of serial killers than an actual mafia. At the very least, if we're considering that there might be a lone soulless serial killer, I think we should be open to the idea that they're all independently omnicidal. It would not surprise me if they each had some sort of power to check for other soulless and wanted to each each other, too. Possibly gaining the victim's powers, to keep the total soulless ability set the same? That would explain the two fighting, especially if one of them had a kill immunity that the other snagged or something.

That would imply that they don't have each other's identities and can't communicate. Which is good for us in that they can't coordinate, since they can attack each other or stack multiple kills on one person. On the other hand, terrible for us because it means they can't form voting patterns by acting to protect each other.
    Flag-raising post. Page 12 to see in context.

While he's not the first person to suggest that one of the Soulless is a SK, I think he is the first to suggest they all are. Everyone else is postulating busdrivers etc.

To me, this post shows the most awareness of what the Soulless rolesheet information must contain.

They don't have each other's identities and can't communicate. This makes more sense when you now realise that it is the Traitors who started with multiple members.

It's also a very different style to the extremely rational cost-benefit reasoning he posts later in deciding whether I'm a good lynch.

Portius posting speculative theories? Not his typical behaviour.
  • I can get behind lynching Portius or one of the other people Sylandra listed.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Portius admitted to a series of X-shot powers that rely on role name unprompted in order to warn people off claiming. Why would he do this if he's scum? That's the part that doesn't jive for me. If he were scum, this is one hell of a bluff just to protect other players in his contingent from claiming, but if he were town, this is sharing vital information to prevent feeding the mafia. Strikes me as more likely he's trying to help than hurt, idk.

More curious about testing the "I have no powers" contingent personally.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    That said if enough people want to lynch Portius, I can get on board just because he's unaccounted for last night. But I have to admit I've felt he's participated pretty well so far and I can follow the logic in his posts.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Portius is incredibly smart, I can't see Him discouraging the active flow of information the town has been offering for free if He was a scum. He wouldn't have to risk anything for that reward, why warn Us off?

As to testing the 'I have no powers' claims, I'll volunteer more information that My "power" is literally called 'Powerless'. Take from that what You will.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Look at all these nice people defending me while I sleep! They've covered most of the big points, but I think I should probably go into a little detail on targeting by name, though. Since it seems contentious.

Right now, I know of two interactions with role names. My targeting, and Luce's investigating. It seems like I was probably meant to take advantage of his info. But, there's no thematic link between our roles. And I don't know if I believe Silvanus would put in a name investigator (and some power info, but that's only implied powers) with only one person who can use it. I think it's pretty likely that there's more people who interact with role names.

So, risk and reward. The risk is that there's a hostile (I would tentatively guess cult for reasons that I'll get into below. I'm confident that they didn't guess my role name.) who can capitalize on it. The reward is that my targeting gets better. But my power set is mostly defensive, and it's limited use. I'm risk averse to the point that I've been mostly saving it. So I think the reward is really, really low unless we have another town who can benefit more.

Now, as for why I think there's a good chance that all soulless are serial killers, because apparently me not posting the full chain of reasoning is suspicious:

-We know from Othero that they can fight with each other. I'm going to go ahead and confirm this, because the soulless already know it and it doesn't expose me more than I already am. I tanked two attacks on N1. Kethuru and Illith. It cost me two of my very limited nightkill immunities, and the story message from Silvanus did describe them snapping at each other. I did not take an action last night because of that. Going into more detail would require a full claim, and that seems like a bad idea.
    --Because it took two of my immunities, I know that the soulless have at least two nightkills.
    ---They burned two kill attempts on one person. That implies either separate teams or a laughable lack of communication.
    -----Falmiis still died. Vigilante is unlikely because it was N1 and Lusternians tend to be pretty cautious about kills. Could've been cult, but I would have expected recruitment off of a cult on N1 instead of a kill. That leaves a serial killer as the most likely option.
    ------If we're looking at two separate mafia groups and a serial killer, it is not a stretch to guess that all soulless are serial killers. It fits the lore, too. They want to eat everything, including each other.

Could it be other things? Yes, absolutely. Bus driving one of them into me, for example. I'm not even convinced that them all being serial killers is more likely than that. Ushaara seems to think that I'm way more confident in it being true than I actually am. But it's something that I think we need to accept as a possibility.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Can't be a busdriver. They switch two targets, they don't redirect. There might be a role that forces someone to target someone else, but I'm on the phone, so can't look it up.
    Othero said:
    So here is the thing I'm confused about. I found out last night that Kethuru and Illith managed to attack each other. Because they attacked each other they were distracted from attacking any Elder Gods. I can't decide if that was because we have a bus driver or if we're dealing with two different groups of Soulless. 
    I believe we have a conflicting claim here. See bolded part of Othero's info.
    Ushaara said:
    Othero said:
    So here is the thing I'm confused about. I found out last night that Kethuru and Illith managed to attack each other. Because they attacked each other they were distracted from attacking any Elder Gods. I can't decide if that was because we have a bus driver or if we're dealing with two different groups of Soulless. 
    I believe we have a conflicting claim here. See bolded part of Othero's info.
    Ooooo! The plot thickens!
    Daraius said:
    I don't believe that we do. Attacking each other (should I not have phrased it as "snapping at each other?") was in my fluff description.

Feels kind of like you're grasping at straws here, Ush.
    Unless Portius is a Soulless who was attacked by another Soulless in a claim for dominance? That would still check out.

Or Othero lied.
    Daraius said:
    I'll admit, I'm acting in my own self-interest pushing this lynch, since otherwise the default lynch comes back to me, but you claim you tanked two attacks blowing two of your limited immunities. Now it's they attacked each other?
    Ushaara said:
    I'll admit, I'm acting in my own self-interest pushing this lynch, since otherwise the default lynch comes back to me, but you claim you tanked two attacks blowing two of your limited immunities. Now it's they attacked each other?

I'm saying that they're the same thing as understood by people with different sets of information.

Mechanics: Kethuru and Illith both try to eat me. I have kill immunities, so they failed.

Story: Kethuru and Illith both try to eat me. I protect myself (I'm gonna play coy on the precise method because it is absolutely a role claim to say it) and they fail. This leaves them confused, angry, and hungry, so they start to take it out on each other while I get out of dodge.

So yes, they attacked each other in the story. And their fighting meant that they didn't get to eat anyone. But that is mechanically represented by them wrecking my immunities.
  • While it's certainly possible that Portius is lying, I do want to say that we've been thrown off by putting too much stock in fluff multiple times already. That said...

@Othero I am very interested in hearing your thoughts here
    Ok, well, at this point it's up to everyone else to decide what they believe.

I believe you're a Soulless, and my vote will stay.
    Sylandra said:
    Unless Portius is a Soulless who was attacked by another Soulless in a claim for dominance? That would still check out.

Or Othero lied.
    I've been suspecting Othero for a while. His "power" is a bit too shaky.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I still have a reputation for being trash at this game. :(
  • I kind of think Portius is lying, not because of my role claim but because of how many powers he is claiming.

I guess he could be telling the truth about night 1 but I don't have anything about that happening. However, the info I get is all narrative fluff instead of mechanical info. Which I hate.
    Pretty sure I have to respond in kind. It seems like there's been some pretty willful misinterpretation of my statements. I don't know if you're a hostile or just really, really desperate to survive, but that seems like a bad thing either way.

Vote: Ushaara
    All he's claiming is a limited amount of nightkill immunities. 
    Othero said:
    I kind of think Portius is lying, not because of my role claim but because of how many powers he is claiming.

I guess he could be telling the truth about night 1 but I don't have anything about that happening. However, the info I get is all narrative fluff instead of mechanical info. Which I hate.

I mean, I can do a full claim if people think that's necessary. I don't think that it's a good idea, but having me out in public is probably better than lynching me. There's really not that much on my card.