A Star In The Darkness

SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
Idly twitching his tail as he pads in, Orion graces those here with his presence.

The Moonhart Mother Tree.
Singing a hauntingly beautiful melody, Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart, stands here. Towering high 
above is the Moonhart Mother Tree, stretching her enormous branches heavenwards. Wreathed about in 
vines, an elegant altar shaped from shining silver stands here, surrounded by a faintly crimson aura.
 Gleaming with a silver lambency, a slender tree grows here, its bark and boughs displaying the 
faces of the dead. There are 2 small screech owls here. Covered in bone armour, a red fox stands 
here, cautiously listening to the surroundings. There are 6 armoured owls here. An illustrated 
canvas hangs in the air here, supported by silvery ribbons. There are 19 centaur hunters here. There 
are 2 red foxes here. There are 3 armoured badgers here. There are 2 striped badgers here. A moon 
maiden floats here, her form swathed in glowing cloth. Glowing gently with a soft blue light, a 
delicate dreamcatcher has been permanently hung here. Covered in bone armour, watching you warily, a 
silver-furred vixen sniffs the air. There are 2 silver-furred vixens here. There are 2 palm sigils 
here. A mature hornbeam tree stands proudly here. There are 2 fierce timberwolves here. Reaching up 
as high as the eye can see looms the awesome presence of a living totem. Testing the heft of his 
klangaxe, Adasser, Wolverine's Mask assesses his surroundings with glacial blue eyes. There are 4 
hamsters in a cage-wheel here. A small, speckled hedgehog sniffs curiously at its surroundings. 
Leaping about after its shadow, a curious young kitten playfully wanders about here. There are 3 
green parakeets here. There are 3 frisky puppies here. There are 3 cheesecake platters here. A 
majestic, white stag with alabaster wings wanders about here, his head held regally. A group of bags 
of meat scraps lies here in a pile. A group of bags of oats lies here in a pile. August even in 
youth, an argent strix gazes curiously about here. Shrouded by an aura of mist and modulating stars, 
a winged unicorn stands here with a serene countenance. Orion, the Celestial Cat, idly flicks his 
tail as he surveys his surroundings. Rhenith, Dancer of Spring is here. She wields an athame dagger 
in her left hand. The soothing aroma of healing herbs suffuses the air around a laurel-skinned 
herbalist who lingers here, examining their surroundings curiously. Garbed in a shroud of shifting 
moonfire, a Ward of the Silver Trinity stands guard, eyes blackened with storm clouds.
You see exits leading north, south, and through a vined stairway.

Somewhat transparent himself, Orion is surrounded by a faintly visible mist filled with twinkling 
stars, the hallmark of those who belong to the Navigator. Aside from the mist, milky white fur 
covers his sleek, graceful body from the tip of his tail to just around his pert pink nose. Six long 
white whiskers jut out from each side of his face, drooping slightly downwards, creating an odd 
visual effect as the cat keeps his head permanently tilted back, likely to peer down his nose at his 
surroundings as cats are want to do. Above the whiskers, crystalline blue eyes maintain a steady, 
unblinking gaze which the cat directs at one thing and then another. Other than moving his head as 
his attention dictates, the only other major movement he constantly displays is the idle twitching 
of his long tail.
Orion, the Celestial Cat almost glows with nearly god-like power.
He weighs about 10 pounds.
He is loyal to the Divine Order of Darvellan, the Navigator.
You cannot see what Orion, the Celestial Cat is holding.
It has the following aliases: orion, cat.

A squirrel skitters through the treetops somewhere above.

You blink.

You have emoted: Selenity looks curious at Orion, the Celestial Cat, tilting her head.

Orion, the Celestial Cat sits on his hind legs, his tail flicking idly over his feet as he looks 
about.

Calor's eyes widen in disbelief as he softly exclaims, "Whoa."

Calor Hartfire asks, "Who does that belong to?"

Calor stares implacably at Orion, the Celestial Cat.

Eyes almost instantly getting glassy, you ask Orion, the Celestial Cat, "Are you... the Lord 
Navigator's?"

Tristanna Myeras, Keeper of the Maiden's Path says, "Loyal to Darvellan."

Orion, the Celestial Cat dips his head towards Selenity, nodding it slowly.

Calor Hartfire says to Orion, the Celestial Cat, "You're a gorgeous cat!"

Calor pets Orion, the Celestial Cat ingratiatingly.
Orion, the Celestial Cat meows endearingly at Calor.

Eamane arrives from the south.
Drifting upon argent wings, a silvery aura follows in the wake of a youthful strix as it manifests 
from the south.

Raising her hand in greeting, Eamane says "Hello!"

Instantly losing her childish demeanor, a tear streaming down her cheek, you ask Orion, the 
Celestial Cat, "It's an honour to meet you, then. What brings you here?"

Eamane Somnius says, "So is this where the fun is?"

Calor beams at Eamane and nods, proffering a chipper "Yep!" to finalize his position on the matter.

Orion, the Celestial Cat eyes Selenity levelly, his tail flicking slowly, idly.

Rhenith crouches down, looking to Orion, the Celestial Cat with curiosity.

The sound of shifting feathers precedes a winged unicorn of moonfire and starlit mist giving his 
wings a light ruffle. A single stellar feather gets loose and falls. It immediately begins to turn 
into tiny motes of silver and starlight, which float back into the unicorn's form. Before the 
feather has a chance to reach the ground, it is gone.

The sun reaches the zenith of the firmament, pausing in his quest to allow the land to bask in his 
shining golden rays.

Orion, the Celestial Cat says, "Follow me, then, if you would know."

Apparently bored with events in this particular location, Orion pads quietly away.

You cannot see that being here.

The Moonhart Mother Tree.
Singing a hauntingly beautiful melody, Miakoda, Maiden of the Moonhart, stands here. Towering high 
above is the Moonhart Mother Tree, stretching her enormous branches heavenwards. Wreathed about in 
vines, an elegant altar shaped from shining silver stands here, surrounded by a faintly crimson aura.
 Gleaming with a silver lambency, a slender tree grows here, its bark and boughs displaying the 
faces of the dead. There are 2 small screech owls here. Covered in bone armour, a red fox stands 
here, cautiously listening to the surroundings. There are 6 armoured owls here. An illustrated 
canvas hangs in the air here, supported by silvery ribbons. There are 19 centaur hunters here. There 
are 2 red foxes here. There are 3 armoured badgers here. There are 2 striped badgers here. A moon 
maiden floats here, her form swathed in glowing cloth. Glowing gently with a soft blue light, a 
delicate dreamcatcher has been permanently hung here. Covered in bone armour, watching you warily, a 
silver-furred vixen sniffs the air. There are 2 silver-furred vixens here. There are 2 palm sigils 
here. A mature hornbeam tree stands proudly here. There are 2 fierce timberwolves here. Reaching up 
as high as the eye can see looms the awesome presence of a living totem. Testing the heft of his 
klangaxe, Adasser, Wolverine's Mask assesses his surroundings with glacial blue eyes. There are 4 
hamsters in a cage-wheel here. A small, speckled hedgehog sniffs curiously at its surroundings. 
Leaping about after its shadow, a curious young kitten playfully wanders about here. There are 3 
green parakeets here. There are 3 frisky puppies here. There are 3 cheesecake platters here. A 
majestic, white stag with alabaster wings wanders about here, his head held regally. A group of bags 
of meat scraps lies here in a pile. A group of bags of oats lies here in a pile. August even in 
youth, an argent strix gazes curiously about here. Shrouded by an aura of mist and modulating stars, 
a winged unicorn stands here with a serene countenance. August even in youth, an argent strix gazes 
curiously about here. Eamane Somnius is here. She wields an athame dagger in her left hand. Rhenith, 
Dancer of Spring is here. She wields an athame dagger in her left hand. The soothing aroma of 
healing herbs suffuses the air around a laurel-skinned herbalist who lingers here, examining their 
surroundings curiously. Garbed in a shroud of shifting moonfire, a Ward of the Silver Trinity stands 
guard, eyes blackened with storm clouds.
You see exits leading north, south, and through a vined stairway.

You say, "Orion!"

Eamane Somnius says, "Oh my."

Tristanna tilts her head curiously.

Tristanna Myeras, Keeper of the Maiden's Path says, "Are others allowed to follow?"

< No time to answer, running! >

A map-covered cavern.
Banks of clouds roil about here. A mist filled with twinkling constellations rotates here, casting 
shadows with its turning.
You see exits leading north, west, northwest, and through a mist full of stars.

You look through a mist full of stars:

As you enter the star-filled mist, the mist explodes silently around you as the stars go shooting 
out in all directions, growing ever larger in size.

A star-filled mist.
Twinkling somberly amidst the other stars, an amber-hued star causes thoughts of remembrance to 
subtly surface. A six-spoked ship's helm floats here in the mist, slowly turning on its axis. An 
archway rises up here, marking the path out of the mist of stars. Orion, the Celestial Cat, idly 
flicks his tail as he surveys his surroundings.
You see a single exit leading through an archway.

Orion, the Celestial Cat says, "Aha, well done."

You have emoted: Selenity enters the star-filled mist, panting lightly from literally running her 
way there.

Trying to catch her breath, you say to Orion, the Celestial Cat, "I wish I had come quicker... thank 
you for coming for me..."

A winged unicorn of moonfire and starlit mist rolls his eyes at you, ruffling the feathers of his 
wings a little, as it suggesting she hadn't needed to run in the first place.

Orion, the Celestial Cat says, "And yet somehow you knew where to run..."

A sudden breeze pulls at you briefly as it whips across the terrace.

A winged unicorn of moonfire and starlit mist stretches out his large wings, tossing his head and 
shaking his mane about.

Face wet with tears, as she had cried when she ran, you say to Orion, the Celestial Cat, "Of... of 
course I knew... you have to do with the only God I have ever loved and wanted to serve, the only 
God who has made me feel not lost, the only God who has ever made me feel empowered."

Voice shaking, you say to Orion, the Celestial Cat, "Of course I would know where to run. I love Him."

Nodding gently, Orion, the Celestial Cat says, "You have been here many a time since your return, 
yes? Wondering, asking questions?"

A little airily as she nods her head, slowly regaining her breath, you say, "Yes. I have."

His eyes turning towards the amber-hued star, Orion, the Celestial Cat says, "And yet each time you 
were here, did you not notice this star here? This star which stands out from the others of our 
Lord's shrine here?"

A star-filled mist.
Twinkling somberly amidst the other stars, an amber-hued star causes thoughts of remembrance to 
subtly surface. A six-spoked ship's helm floats here in the mist, slowly turning on its axis. An 
archway rises up here, marking the path out of the mist of stars. Orion, the Celestial Cat, idly 
flicks his tail as he surveys his surroundings. Shrouded by an aura of mist and modulating stars, a 
winged unicorn stands here with a serene countenance.
You see a single exit leading through an archway.

Standing out from the other mist-suspended stars both in colour and size, this slightly smaller star 
spins slowly as it casts its somber rays about. Somberly subdued in colour and brightness, one may 
stare straight into it with no fear of ocular harm. Slowly churning in on itself, the heart of this 
star occasionally provides glimpses of things, people, and memories gone and lost to the Navigator's 
Order, a sensation which is borderline bittersweet.

A brilliant spectacle unfolds in the sky as the clouds dance across the firmament.

Continuing the hunt for his dark mate, Father Sun presses forward in his journey, lowering himself 
in the sky yet still casting even, full light upon the land.

Wiping her eyes and speaking softly, you say, "I noticed it, but I thought... it has been sixty 
years, there are so many things the Lord must have gone through since then."

Nodding slowly, Orion, the Celestial Cat says, "Yes, the longer something exists, the more it comes 
to encompass, but for each thing there is an initial reason for its existence, no?"

Nodding her head a little, you say, "Yes. There is always something that causes something to start, 
and then it may grow over time."

Turning his eyes to you once again, Orion, the Celestial Cat says, "Indeed, and though the Navigator 
has not spoken as to this star's origin, I can only but wonder..."

Orion, the Celestial Cat says, "But, speaking of such is not what I was tasked to do. You wish to 
rejoin the Navigator's Order?"

Nodding her head, you say to Orion, the Celestial Cat, "Yes... I would love to rejoin His Order... 
but..." She trails off a little and continues, "I heard He no longer accepts those of the forest."

Flicking his right ear in annoyance, Orion, the Celestial Cat says, "Oh? First I've heard of that, 
and I'm pretty close to the Horse's Mouth, as it were."

A brilliant spectacle unfolds in the sky as the clouds dance across the firmament.

A small frown lining her lips, you say, "I had been standing with Lynnie briefly at the Pool of 
Stars. He mentioned his Lord does not accept those outside of the forest. Then someone else said 
that the Navigator no longer does because someone was draining His essence... I don't recall their 
name though."

You have emoted: Selenity lowers her eyes and says, "I asked Daebach about it, but he said he wasn't 
sure if the Lord Navigator allows Serens into the Order anymore and told me to hold off on asking 
him more about it."

Your karma falls to keep up the karmic blessing of knowledge.

Shadows grow longer in anticipation for the return of their dark mistress as Father Sun's chase 
brings him closer to the world's edge.

A winged unicorn of moonfire and starlit mist stretches out his large wings, tossing his head and 
shaking his mane about.

Flattening his ears, Orion, the Celestial Cat says, "Lynnie does not follow the Navigator... And yes,
 you were removed from the Order over your long absence, but if you are present, you are more than 
welcome."

Shaking her head a little, you say to Orion, the Celestial Cat, "I know Lynnie doesn't. He was 
talking about His Lord. Someone at the pool overheard us and made the comment."

You say to Orion, the Celestial Cat, "If I am allowed to be re-welcomed... I would be very happy to 
accept it." Inhaling she says, "But if I'm not... I will still accept it, and love Him, and give Him 
offerings."

As the sun passes below the horizon's edge, Mother Night unveils her terrible, shadowy beauty, 
spreading darkness across the land.

Darvellan baptises you into the Lost of the Divine Order of Darvellan, the Navigator.

Tears flow freely from your eyes as Darvellan, the Navigator appoints you to lost.

The stars twinkle as a voice says, "Welcome back, Mine."

Blinking as tears come down her face anew, you say, "Thank You, Lord... Thank You."

Orion, the Celestial Cat dips his head before turning to pounce off into the star-filled mists, 
vanishing in the haze as he does so.

The stars twinkle as a voice says, "I will speak with My Charters concerning the policy of 
permitting those not of the City, but I trust you will find yourself welcome."

Nodding her head a little, tears still streaming down her face, you say, "Thank You. I appreciate it.
 When I heard those things... I thought... You might have greatly been disappointed in me, or hated 
me, or..."

Darvellan, the Navigator has bestowed His divine truefavour upon you. It will last for 5 months.

You have emoted: Selenity trails off, more tears flowing.

Across the heavens, the stars and moon challenge night's dark reign, revealing familiar 
constellations that tell the tales of myth and legend.

The stars twinkle as a voice says, "Not at all, and I am saddened that you would think such of Me."

You shake your head.

Shaking her head, you say, "It's true that I had been draining Your essence being in the order 
though, I wouldn't fault You for it. I wouldn't be mad with You. I often worried if I did enough for 
You."

The stars twinkle as a voice says, "I would not have you worry about such, Mine."

Trying to wipe her tears away with her wrists, you say, "I want to be the best I can for You. I want 
You to be strong. I want to help You be strong."

These faithful of the Divine Order of Darvellan, the Navigator are online:
Pretty Guardian Selenity Siar'luin (Outer Circle)
There is 1 mortal in your Circle (and below) on this Plane and 0 on other Planes.

The stars twinkle as a voice says, "Dry your tears and be well, Mine. My Attentions depart for 
awhile longer."

You have emoted: Selenity meekly nods and says, quietly, "I will. Be weller. Uhm. Better. Be better. 
And strong. I love You, Lord Darvellan... thank You for taking me back into Your Order."

Comments

• Aww that's so sweet. Divine roleplay is the best and Selenity clearly cares deeply for her Patron. :)