Simple Ideas

Comments

• Luce said:
    Why is "Demigod/Ascendant" the race then..? That seems like the bigger issue.
    Because the idea is that you are no longer your mortal race. That you are closer to a god(which don't have a 'race' beyond 'Elder God') than a normal mortal.
  • But you get a demigod power based on your race, which still suggests that each demigod is a different flavour. As such, it remains an important part of identity.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Versalean said:
    But you get a demigod power based on your race, which still suggests that each demigod is a different flavour. As such, it remains an important part of identity.
    That's because that was a more recent change.

Once upon a time, race didn't even appear in your description any longer when you became a demi-folk! People had to request to have that added, much to the chagrin of some (a few people -really- enjoyed being independent of set race at demi and making their description whatever they felt like).

This was back when demigod was very rare and significant, though. Back before the powers system, back when oldschool thunderclap could wreck groups all on its own.

The weight of importance in being demigod has shifted and changed a lot, imo, especially with the growing population of ascendants. I think it makes sense to request race just appear with demigod status in honours at this point, since it has changed so significantly since the initial incarnation.

• edited March 2017
    Orventa said:
    Not exactly simple but:
    Shouldn't be any different really to the way Imperian codes the Hunter morphs. Just tack on an additional power for changeling arti, that lets you do DESCRIBE ME <race> <description>. Or DESCRIBE <race> <description>.

Gogo Ianir!
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Can we get that in Changeself too?

And Dreambodies, for the two times in the history of Lusternia when two dreamweavers are bodied at the same time in the same room without trying to murder one another.
  • Luce said:

And Dreambodies, for the two times in the history of Lusternia when two dreamweavers are bodied at the same time in the same room without trying to murder one another.
    I dunno what this skill is but it sounds sexy and I vote yes
  • Vivet said:
    Versalean said:
    But you get a demigod power based on your race, which still suggests that each demigod is a different flavour. As such, it remains an important part of identity.

Once upon a time, race didn't even appear in your description any longer when you became a demi-folk! People had to request to have that added, much to the chagrin of some (a few people -really- enjoyed being independent of set race at demi and making their description whatever they felt like).

This was back when demigod was very rare and significant, though. Back before the powers system, back when oldschool thunderclap could wreck groups all on its own.

The weight of importance in being demigod has shifted and changed a lot, imo, especially with the growing population of ascendants. I think it makes sense to request race just appear with demigod status in honours at this point, since it has changed so significantly since the initial incarnation.

Very useful to know - thanks! Perhaps we could have it as a (free) power then?
  • Versalean said:
    Vivet said:
    Versalean said:

Very useful to know - thanks! Perhaps we could have it as a (free) power then?
    I feel like having your race show up should be opt out (for free, maybe), rather than opt in.
  • edited March 2017
    Since I've been playing around more with using beast spit, I've found that beast spitting chews through insane amounts of venoms, especially if you're often switching.  Each time you fill your beast up from the liquidrift it takes 100 sips.

BEASTMASTERY - POISON

Syntax: BEAST ORDER DRINK <poison>
            BEAST ORDER SPIT <target>
            BEAST ORDER PURGE
    By having your beast grow special venom sacs, your beast can drink
    poisons and then spit them out. You must first allow your beast to sip
    from a vial of poison to fill its venom sac. For every 5 applications in
    a vial, your beast will be able to spit once. Your beast's venom sac
    cannot hold more than 20 uses nor can it hold more than one type of
    poison.

For Training:
      Syntax: BEAST TRAIN SPIT POISON
      Type:   Body
      Trains: 200

---

Idea: Add an optional syntax 'BEAST ORDER DRINK <poison> [<# of spits>]'
    Allowing us to choose between filling the beast with 1-20 spits (5-100 sips).

Thanks!

Edit: To clarify -- this can already be done by draining liquids from the rift into a vial then filling the beast from said vial, but it's a bit of a pain in the ass.  Would be much cleaner if said syntax was simply added.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Been digging around some HONORS and noticed that Scroll of Laurels seems to stay in effect even after someone retires, effectively keeping their info permanently hidden.  Perhaps Scroll of Laurels should be made to deactivate after retirement?  Would be nice to be able to look at the info of some of the older players that have since left, especially with more and more people getting scrolls and hiding their HONORS profiles.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Sakaki said:
    Been digging around some HONORS and noticed that Scroll of Laurels seems to stay in effect even after someone retires, effectively keeping their info permanently hidden.  Perhaps Scroll of Laurels should be made to deactivate after retirement?  Would be nice to be able to look at the info of some of the older players that have since left, especially with more and more people getting scrolls and hiding their HONORS profiles.
    That seems to have been addressed, as you can see people having cut their thread ( at least I saw ealier on someone ) despite laurels
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Quite sure the people who retired and left it on did so on purpose.

• So? they gone, let's know them.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• edited March 2017
    Lavinya said:
    Quite sure the people who retired and left it on did so on purpose.
    Maybe so, but when you think about it, they received retirement credits to carry over to their new characters, so they could be considered having traded in their artifacts.  (Yes it was only around 50%, but the standard 66% trade-in value is always as bound credits/sticky dingbats, so it could be considered a trade-off for having the ability to transfer the credits to another character over having them locked)  Logically speaking, all artifacts (including the scroll of laurels) on that character should be deactivated since they have been reimbursed a portion of the credit value to carry over to another character.

We have to give up the powers of an artifact when we trade them in, why should someone get credits plus keep the power of an artifact just cause they 'retire'?
  • Logically speaking, sure but... who cares? They are no longer benefiting from the artefact. Like, I totally agree with you that it shouldn't be active but this has got to be so far down the list of things that we want Godmin/coder time to be used on that it will never see the light of day.
  • edited March 2017
    Not necessarily. From an IC/RP perspective, when you HONORS someone who has retired their character, it states "He/She has cut his/her thread from the tapestry of fate".  When you PRAY FOR SALVATION, it even has a line about Atropos being ready to cut your character's thread, which would signify their death, but she being stopped by her sisters due to it leaving untied ends.  I guess it is open to interpretation, but one would think that is pretty much translated to them being deceased, not 'alive, but on permanent vacation'.

If the idea doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. I'm still putting it up as an idea for consideration.  They got their compensation for the artifact for retirement, therefore they should forfeit the laurels, like they did their other artifacts and have their honors available for all to see.  
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Well by that logic, it makes more sense that when you honours a retired person, all you can detect is that they no longer exist anyway. Since they're dead right?

• edited March 2017
    Sakaki said:
    therefore they should forfeit the laurels, like they did their other artifacts and have their honors available for all to see.  
    Except it doesn't happen how you're thinking. The character itself still has the artifacts on them, hence the laurels is still there. You can still honours them, BECAUSE the character still exists... They're just inaccessible once retirement happens. So...

eta: Argument about threads being cut could also infer they're no longer at the will of the Fates; when they next die, there's no chance for them to be resurrected. (not that they can be slain anymore, but you get the idea)
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • Lavinya said:
    Well by that logic, it makes more sense that when you honours a retired person, all you can detect is that they no longer exist anyway. Since they're dead right?

Oh write their entire honours to be a proper epitaph of their history and deeds. That'd be a lovely way to remember people.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    That would be nice. That ain't happening. It'd take an admin personally reviewing each and every retiree and remembering at least a few nice things he or she did on that character, then writing the eulogoy in question.

• edited March 2017
    Deathsight should show the comparative might of the individuals.

Versalean has been terminally Kerbstomped by Twytch, who is 400% his might.

ETA: Maybe it could be coded in as well to reflect what the killee was doing at the time (e.g., "while he was harvesting sparkleberries").
  • edited March 2017
    Tirah said:
    New skill for either arts, artisian or herbalist: Bouquet making, combining several flowers and herbs into colorful arangements you can give as a gift. 

Probably best to give it to artisan so designs can be made for it, even though the other two fit a little better thematically.
    Floristry has been thrown out there, but we'd have to think of a way for it to be functional since Estarra doesn't like fluff for fluff's sake. I've been thinking good for influencing. Maybe Herbalists could have a preserve function to slow decay time/make perm.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Orventa said:
    Tirah said:
    New skill for either arts, artisian or herbalist: Bouquet making, combining several flowers and herbs into colorful arangements you can give as a gift. 

Probably best to give it to artisan so designs can be made for it, even though the other two fit a little better thematically.
    Floristry has been thrown out there, but we'd have to think of a way for it to be functional since Estarra doesn't like fluff for fluff's sake. I've been thinking good for influencing. Maybe Herbalists could have a preserve function to slow decay time/make perm.
    I would LOVE a florist trade that helps with influencing. Just please don't have it be another low magic exclusive one just because it deals with plants.
  • I'd like the ability to hide myself from deathsight for a short period (5 minutes would probably be fine). It's for those times when I want to try something that will almost surely result in my death, but really don't want the whole world to know where I am and what I'm doing. It could even be restricted to deaths not caused by other players. This might be a nice wonder-item ability.