Beastmastery Combat

edited May 2013 in Q&A
I know that Poison is extremely useful in combat, but what about these abilities?

Jumping:
Any use if I already have tumble?

Flying/Climbing
Would these elevation skills be useful in combat? I'm thinking in druid demesnes, maybe climbing will let you use your beast when you're in the trees?

Gust:
Is a second Gust useful? If there's a timed instakill, I was thinking of beast order gust and tumble in opposite direction.

Blocking:
Is it useful at all?
Once blocking, can the beast still take other actions?
The AB on Xiel's website says it depends on size, while the in-game AB doesn't mention anything about it. Does it mean that it is a confirmed block all the time now?

Trampling:
I know it used to be extremely overpowered, but is it still useful now? (I'm really hoping so because I'm suppressing an evil muahaha while imagining a spider trampling everyone with all eight legs)
Edit: I also now want to know how phoenixes/eagles/thunderbirds even manage to trample with their tiny claws.

Curing:
How useful is curing? I'm thinking curing spirit might help save you some mana since it costs so much, but not quite sure how viable it is.

Bodyguard:
Does it work on ents? All ents? Only ents that deal health damage?

HypnoticGaze:
The list of afflictions look generally good, but really long as well. Is it better to use this as a guaranteed but randomized affliction, or stick to poison spit which you get to choose but can be shrugged? 

Edit: Or should I just ignore most of the active skills and just stick to spit poison and breathe fire for the ablaze?

Best Answers

Answers

• Thanks!

I've always assumed that Curing Body/Mind/Spirit was referring to focus body/mind/spirit. Huh. So they cure based on herbs, or on the categories in Healing?

I'm not too sure about the beast block firm though. I checked the in-game AB and it only has the plain block.
  • I think cure mind is pretty much focus mind, but cure body might cover some other stuff (I have a vague memory of broken bones coming under there, but honestly I've never used it). Get a few trans people together and have them spend their imbues on them.

Beast block firm was certainly possible at one point. It might not be. Again, get someone to test: plenty of people have block.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Focus spirit cures aeon, I think
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Beast block firm was removed.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • edited February 2014

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Beast gust and poison spit are both absolutely invaluable to me now. The extra control I get from the pair of them is life saving at times.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Thanks for all the information!

A deep purple phoenix looks to be crushingly strong.
    He is strangely weightless.

Heh, looks like the phoenixes are made entirely out of fire.