Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• I remember losing to a collosus before when we had full control of the aetherdock with our ships. It really is a matter of how many ships you've bombarding to outpace the collosus
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • I think its fine - we were outplayed at the aethership game, and that's what flares are really about. The colossus was definitely stalling out for a long while, which seems like a useful option if people wanted to bring ships from further out. We'll do better next time.
  • One advantage of a colossus is that it ticks faster than a bombard. So if you're, say, 1 level away from taking a bubble, the smaller-but-faster colossus could feasibly take it before the big bombard charges up to wipe progress.
    WHY WE FIGHT
    Accountability is necessary.
  • Falaeron said:
    Or you know, to encourage more of the main mechanic in flares, aethercombat, and less of the same old same old pk that we do in almost every other conflict system.
    Well, why not "peace" an unsynced/bonded aetherbubble, in such a way that it doesn't stop you from focusing on a colossus. Then let  piloting a colossus "shield" you from the "Peaced" status so you can have mecha battles for a aetherbubble, but otherwise need to bombard to get one.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Well, that should just prove to you that my 'list of demands' aren't long at all.

• I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • It's not that bad. 90% of them can be summed up with "My character is shy; pls court"
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited March 2017
    nvm
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited March 2017
    Lerad said:
    I feel obliged to defend Ollie. He's a great guy - screwed me over royally as a Symphonist when Dramaturgy first came out. In fact, I still have a trigger I made specially because of him:

I stole the crap out of that. I used lust and subtext confusion, so if they rejected without curing confusion first, it was pretty great. (Or rubbed cleanse w/o curing confusion)

• edited March 2017
    @Breandryn i want to take this chance to apologize for that post i made. In hindsight, it was tactless and stupid of me to have done so. I was not thinking. I am sorry.

i enjoy rp with you and reading your logs. :smile:
  • Fyler said:
    I mean, Sidd proposed to me the first time with someone's head, and the second time with a "masculine wedding band." Ah, romance.
    I actually dominated Ollie to accept the marriage prompt and it worked.

Maybe I should bug that but yolo #forcehimtobewithyougirls
  • Breandryn said:
    Hi. I wanted to make an apology for my behavior recently. I've been going through a lot and I've let it affect me here on forums and in game. I'm very sorry to anyone I've offended, annoyed or hurt and I want you to know that my actions were not born of maliciousness, but were instead me struggling to handle pain I am dealing with. I hope I can earn another chance with the community. Thank you and sorry again.
    Forums/IRE gets the best of every one of us eventually, so if you've also got crap going on I don't think anybody at all will begrudge you not showing your best side. Respect for apologising, sorry for contributing to your frustration, and hope to see you in game <3
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    I can handle IC drama just fine, so long as it's IC.

I'm not really good at people bothering me OOC though. I don't want OOC drama, I don't want to be bothered (keyword there is bothered, talking in general is not bothering, but I have and do let people know when they cross the line for me) OOC by people, especially not people from the same org as me.

I hope my alt will make me happier than playing Selenity currently is. Which makes me sad, because Selenity is my favorite character I've played, as far as I can remember...

Consider this an unofficial "I will still be playing Selenity but far less" announcement.
  • https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/tY9IKO90

Who actually thought that this would ever be A: Enjoyable B: Engaging C: Viable?
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Yarith said:
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/tY9IKO90

Who actually thought that this would ever be A: Enjoyable B: Engaging C: Viable?
    People who have the "If I don't lose, that's a win" mentality. Generally.
    DOR EVOKE KETHER SEVER ME RUBY is a super exciting defensive maneuver. It's especially awesome that it gets rid of rubies faster than you can apply them (even faster still if you get back to back double removal). Why it doesn't have a power cost, is completely beyond me.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • What other aff has a power cost to remove?
  • edited April 2017
    Sluelugh said:
    What other aff has a power cost to remove?
    1) What other meaningful "aff" that is -required- for an insta, that doesn't already have secondary insurance (hemorrhaging, for instance) can be cured at almost double the speed it can be applied?

2) What other aff has a high chance of being cleared just from you moving. No extra input, rubies can literally explode and fade just by running. You don't even need to kether, if you don't wanna do point #1.

3) Not that this point is even really necessary, this far down the argument: what other "aff-insta" route provides zero form of hindering whatsoever.

Bonus 4) What other insta (which is already ridiculously easy to prevent anyway, given the above points) sets you back to square one when it fails, barring deathprophesy which has entirely different requirements anyway. Protip: If you wanna not die to institute, just kether/shield when they manual aeon. Done.

eta: Even Healing has increasing costs to spamming. Kether doesn't even have an increasing balance cost.
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • edited April 2017
    So I was around (though not the envoy) when the kethering rubies report was made. The idea was to remove the running requirement to remove rubies and replace it with something with more of a cost, but could still be outpaced in applying rubies. We were hoping to make rubies a bit stickier, but not uncurable like shadowtists. Unfortunately, what was implemented didn't achieve that.

The current situation is largely annoying to the Institute, and imo, to the target as well. It'll hopefully all be moot soon, as Institute will likely be changing fairly drastically.
  • edited April 2017
    Yarith said:

Yea its not a very well designed skill for one on one. You spam rubies and my only defense to that is to spam kether. My pings not good enough to cure out of aeon and counter the standard shatter plex set up with seven rubies so spamming kether is the only real counter to it.  On top of that theres the unavoidable kill set up shedrin was displaying previously.

Probally best to shift to your other kill routes, lucky enough all three of your terts have very viable kill methods.
  • Veyils said:
    Yarith said:

Yea its not a very well designed skill for one on one. You spam rubies and my only defense to that is to spam kether. My pings not good enough to cure out of aeon and counter the standard shatter plex set up with seven rubies so spamming kether is the only real counter to it.  On top of that theres the unavoidable kill set up shedrin was displaying previously.

Probally best to shift to your other kill routes, lucky enough all three of your terts have very viable kill methods.
    Soulless really shouldn't be viable if the target knows what to do, unless they get rng'd out by carcer or foresight. Meteor and Cauterize works, though.
This discussion has been closed.