What are you playing?

Comments

• Speaking of visual novels. My absolutely favorite novels have been "Tinstar" by Allen gies and "Wizard's choice" by Sam Landstrom.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited March 2017
    Well, I got Princess Maker 1 Refine on Steam. It's okay. If you have to pick one, go for Princess Maker 2, which is way more interesting and has more options. This felt like a watered down version of that, where you kind of had two play styles to choose from: military-esque, or social. I went for social but I feel if I went the military route, I'd have had more exciting gameplay options.

Basically, I raised my daughter to be selectively intelligent with a 600 elegance stat, which meant she sucked at absolutely everything except the inappropro jobs at the slutty bar. But I wanted her to live in high society! And those jobs would tank her reputation ergo ruining her aristocratic future! But every so often I would become very broke, indulge in a month of bad decisions that quickly replenished my bank account, then repent at the church to survive while taking a minimal reputation hit.

Made her a baroness by the skin of my teeth.

A+ parenting, gg self.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • @Sylandra

Have you played Long live the Queen?

It is the dark souls of princess simulator games. Literally everyone tries to kill you with various plots that you have to evade with intuition, knowledge or dumb luck.
    edited March 2017
    @Tirah

Is that even a question, girl. I have been every dumb version of Elodie there is. B)  (Recommend to everyone else who hasn't played Long Live the Queen yet.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    I played D&D with my niece and nephew for their first time, and then my dad stepped in for my niece when she fell asleep (she's got insomnia, it happens). It went really well. Had some really funny moments.
  • Tirah said: /
    Daraius said:
    I have to get in on this table top action. Lord knows this was not my weekend, though. Soon.
    If someone would like to set up a Shadowrun or D&D game for Lusternians via IRC, I would be up for that
    We actually did have somebody run a shadow run game years ago. I think @Enyalida and @Phoebus were in it, forgot who ran it though.

Would love to play again if anybody runs one. Wonder if I still have that character sheet saved
  • Lehki said:
    Tirah said: /
    Daraius said:
    I have to get in on this table top action. Lord knows this was not my weekend, though. Soon.
    If someone would like to set up a Shadowrun or D&D game for Lusternians via IRC, I would be up for that
    We actually did have somebody run a shadow run game years ago. I think @Enyalida and @Phoebus were in it, forgot who ran it though.

Would love to play again if anybody runs one. Wonder if I still have that character sheet saved
    I have several characters I really would love a chance to play, especially my black mage face and my satyr rigger.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Lehki said:
    Tirah said: /
    Daraius said:
    We actually did have somebody run a shadow run game years ago. I think Enyalida and Phoebus were in it, forgot who ran it though.

Ahh man that was a while back. I actually had to drop out of it before it started 'cause I had too much going on, but yes, I did sign up for that. I only got about as far as making a character. It was my first time trying to play, and it was bad timing with life business.
  • Oh yeah that's right.  The DM had kept your character around as an occasional NPC
    Lehki said:
    Oh yeah that's right.  The DM had kept your character around as an occasional NPC
    I didn't know that! That's so cool. 
  • edited March 2017
    I would be up for Pendragon and Forgotten realms. I still have both character sheets saved as well!

My Forgotten realms character in short was a human Waterdhavian knight-errant. He is proud and zealous. He believes in the teachings of Tempus.

My Pendragon character was a lady with excellent capabilities in both surgery and reading/writing.
    Proper etiquette/heraldry is not her strong point. She also has hard time with social skills.

• So i picked up Pillars of eternity after Neverwinter 1 & 2.

Would you like to have a power to look into people's souls and read their memories including past lives like an open book? The only downside is that you might be going gradually insane by remembering all of your own deaths and births as well and everything in between, it's far bigger than just an identity crisis.
    My best friend is feeling all kind of ways about Nier: Automata. Trailer below.

Humanoid androids dealing with a far-off distant future where humanity seems to have vanished. To my understanding, many feels will be had.
    Daraius said:
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    People seem to love it, but the demo left me cold. Was I missing something?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    edited March 2017
    Daraius said:
    People seem to love it, but the demo left me cold. Was I missing something?
    The demo barely scratches the surface of the narrative. The demo gives you a good idea of what the graphics to expect are, though, and the gameplay. But the story itself has more depth to it, and from the spoilers I have received, it's very intelligently designed. Makes the most of the videogame medium to tell an unusual story.
    Daraius said:
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    For those of you who loved Planescape: Torment (paging @Ianir), they're releasing an enhanced version of this absolutely amazing game. If you've never played it but enjoyed Baldur's Gate, you need to pick this up. 

If you're lucky like me and have an account with gog.com, you can also get 30% off if you already owned the original game. Wheeeee!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I am waiting to play Avernum 3 currently. So far i have both escaped Avernum and defended it against an invasion.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Tabletop Simulator is 50% off on Humble Bundle now. I haven't had the chance to play with any Lusternians yet, but it seems like a good investment at $10!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Mass Effect Andromeda. Not the best attempt but worth the purchase. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
    Daraius said:
    Tabletop Simulator is 50% off on Humble Bundle now. I haven't had the chance to play with any Lusternians yet, but it seems like a good investment at $10!
    Tabletop Simulator is where I learned to play D&D. Definitely recommend it.
  • So, this apparently came out yesterday:

Gameplay is turning out far better than I thought it would.

Daraius said:
    I've been meaning to pick this up for a while, and it being 10 dollars is a good enough excuse to finally do so. 
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Alright, I know there are Paradox people here. Stellaris is on sale. Given the updates since it launched, how good is the game at this point?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    Portius said:
    Alright, I know there are Paradox people here. Stellaris is on sale. Given the updates since it launched, how good is the game at this point?
    !! Thanks for letting me know. $23.99 ain't bad.
    Daraius said:
    Portius said:
    I didn't get the Utopia DLC with the really big changes in it (Paradox why must you always do this), but I think the newest update to the main game is pretty nice on its own. The game feels more put together, and getting points to fill out those skill tree things makes me feel like more is happening as the game progresses. Still a woeful lack of victory conditions, though. Maybe someday they'll add some sort of cultural or economic victory or something; I like conditions that change the way I want to play the game between attempts, but I don't really get that here.

I also picked up the Leviathans DLC while it's on sale, though I haven't played far enough into it to encounter anything involving leviathans yet. But I did meet a traveling artisan troupe and some noble space curators who could probably do their jobs better, and I get to play as a cute snailman, so I like it so far.
  • edited April 2017
    Been on a bit of a 3DS kick lately.  Been playing Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns a fair bit lately, plus been playing Kirby Triple Deluxe - very fun game and well worth the USD$20 pricetag if you are a fan of Kirby games.

Daraius said:
    Was tempted to get it but don't know enough people that also use it, plus the general online community is rather toxic, from what I've been hearing.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
    Sakaki said:
    Been on a bit of a 3DS kick lately.  Been playing Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns a fair bit lately, plus been playing Kirby Triple Deluxe - very fun game and well worth the USD$20 pricetag if you are a fan of Kirby games.

Daraius said:
    Was tempted to get it but don't know enough people that also use it, plus the general online community is rather toxic, from what I've been hearing.
    As a fan of Harvest Moon... how is Story of Seasons?
  • Grabbed Dishonored 2 on sale, really liking it so far!
  • edited April 2017
    It has been a lot of fun. Story of Seasons effectively IS Harvest Moon, but has just been rebranded under a different name for the Western localisations. That being said, I'd definitely recommend Trio of Towns over the first Story of Seasons game, it is more player-friendly, fixing a number of issues that were in SoS, including some stuff that required almost excessive amounts of grinding/repetition. I've sunk almost 150 hours into ToT at this point.

You have 3 towns that you interact with as the game progresses, which are pretty much inspired by the old west, japan and hawaii (even using some of the local dialects and words, such as mahalo (thank you), e kala mai (sorry), etc.)

That being said, there is DLC that was released in Japan that was free, but will be released in three separate parts in western countries at $4 per part, which will introduce a new bachelor/ette that your character can woo, plus developing a third NPC further that was able to be wooed, but not married, so they are actually marriable (hard to really define a gender since they are pretty much a deity that swaps gender to suit the partner)
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
    Harvest Moon is my absolute jam.
    Daraius said: