Dark Reaper Illithoid and Royal Kephera

KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
edited May 2013 in Q&A
@Xenthos is pretty sure on this one but I'm sure I've read the opposite somewhere.

If you are a Dark Reaper Illithoid/Royal Kepheran from getting the appropriate honours lines, do you get the bonuses to stats regardless of Cthoglogg/Xenobia being up?

Or does the game recognise the title separately from the relative empowering mob being alive? (Despite the title being given to all Illi/Keph when they are up)

I'm probably setting myself up for Xenthos going "SEE I TOLD YOU SO" but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

Edit: Crap I forgot to post this as a question.~

Edit of edit: Raezon is awesome <3

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Best Answer

Answers

• From what I've been told, you only get the bonus stats if Cthoglogg/Xenobia is up. Would be sily if someone got a permanent stat boost from doing a quest anyway.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Yes.  That is what I said.

You get the custom racial title permanently if you complete it.  However, the stats are not tied to the title itself but to Cthoglogg / Zenobia have been empowered.  If they are, the entire race gets a bonus (and also temporarily gets the racial special title).
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    You've seriously gone through all the announce posts to find that?

Thanks. Next time I'll just trust you, happy? :p

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I did NSUM all the way back to the 1500s, but missed it.  I got annoyed, knew it was more recent than that, and started trying to figure out how to access the old forums.

Eventually that node search led me to the announce post on the old forums, and victory.  Or vindication.  One of these, at least.