General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Or meth, depending on what state you live in
  • Shaddus said:
    Business is picking up, so my job is hiring people from the temp service to fill slots at work. The latest guy is a hard worker, but isn't used to working the hours we work, 10 hours a day, 6-7 days a week. Last night I found him in his work area, tweaking out on what (hopefully) seemed to be an overdose of energy drinks.
    Damn dude, where do you work, if I may ask? How do you find time to play Lusty!?
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ciaran said:
    Shaddus said:
    Business is picking up, so my job is hiring people from the temp service to fill slots at work. The latest guy is a hard worker, but isn't used to working the hours we work, 10 hours a day, 6-7 days a week. Last night I found him in his work area, tweaking out on what (hopefully) seemed to be an overdose of energy drinks.
    Damn dude, where do you work, if I may ask? How do you find time to play Lusty!?
    A place that makes pipe fittings, and I kinda don't.  I get 2-3 hours max when I get home from work at 1am, and maybe a few hours before work. Sometimes sunday.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited April 2017
    In one of my Skype groups we have an artist. He is not untalented, and posted a picture to the group with a frankly cockamamie backstory. Someone in the group noticed that the eyes (which featured in the backstory) had been clearly edited with ms paint to be a blob of a different color. 

I'd already been venting about the flimsy, cliched backstory in a private chat with a friend in that group, so we did an image search and found the original, unedited picture, and called the artist (Bob from now on) on it. Instead of apologising, Bob claims it was a stolen and edited version of his work. 

Further digging done, it turns out that the unedited original is not even in and of itself an original work, and is actually fan art, properly credited to the original show, of a Fate/Stay Night character. Three people are now on Bob's case, and his only defense is "Someone stole my art, but it wasn't me and I'd never steal art. You have to believe me because I never lie. You guys are just picking on me and it's not fair."

At this point, I'm done dealing with Bob because he's a lying liar who lies and steals, but the other two aren't having it. And a mutual friend of both they and Bob wants us to just let it go for the sake of avoiding a fight.

And this is why I'm a recluse.
  • Irillia, Jaspet, Kay, Kendra, Sabella, Tyamit, Arkh, Azherani, Dys, Golas, Hegemone, Maeko, Ordassa, Rhenith, Sexbang, Shenaya, Teleos, Thyelleia, Toryn, Valith, Zlo.

(*) Currently, there are 21 Lusternians on this Plane and 35 on other Planes.

Please tell me I'm seeing things *facepalm*

Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • You are. You're seeing a novice with wildly inaccurate ideas of how to get plex booty. You don't need to be quite that subtle to get into Krin's manse
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    There's a deeply irritating thing that people do. They hear about some event that is relevant to a minority group of some kind, then they immediately pester the only person that they know is in that group. Not useful pestering, just "have you heard about this" sort of comments. I wish people would stop spamming me about this.  I also kind of wish I had any idea why they insist on doing it.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Xenthos said:
    Tamsin said:
    Luce said:
    Who's the genius who decided that Windows should auto-update/restart itself and that the user should never get a chance to say no? Because he needs to be given a stern introduction to basic user courtesy.
    Yeah, that's my only real complaint about Windows 10. There's workarounds, but they don't help -that- much and they're a lot of effort for minimal output.
    The one I use isn't that much effort; I just go to the Task Scheduler and change the time to something in the future when I will be sleeping (note: I can only do this if I'm at my computer when it gives the 15 minute warning). (Additional note, you can't delete the task or it will just autorecreate itself with a new 15 minute window!  Change the existing one, I've even set it to wait until the next day and it works just fine)

I'd far prefer to be able to turn the automatic option off entirely in favour of manual scheduling (who likes having their programs forceclosed on them, anyways), and the "active hours" window "workaround" they provide is too short (come on, people like to use their home computers in the morning and the evening, and most of us don't sleep for 12 hours), but that's the easiest option I've found to keep it from booting you when you're actively working on it.
    This would be more effective if I did not work third shift and have a toddler (and soon a newborn) in the house and thus have horrendously erratic sleeping hours. And alas, trying to keep my laptop open and available for updates to do their thing while I'm not home is ineffectual. Some people would be amazed by the lengths a toddler will go to for his technology fix.
  • Selenity said:
    My sisters decided they're going to meet up today, with their kids. I can't take off from work, but even if I could, I'm not invited. My sisters will be meeting with their families at a restaurant near my house; one of them came down from Buffalo for this hush hush meet. I hadn't even been told by the three sisters meeting that they were going to, and none of them have been in any meaningful contact with me.

My birthday is on Monday. And no, they aren't meeting because it's Easter either.
    Ugh, this sounds both awkward and annoying as hell. *hugs* Do they often exclude you?
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Tamsin said:
    Selenity said:
    My sisters decided they're going to meet up today, with their kids. I can't take off from work, but even if I could, I'm not invited. My sisters will be meeting with their families at a restaurant near my house; one of them came down from Buffalo for this hush hush meet. I hadn't even been told by the three sisters meeting that they were going to, and none of them have been in any meaningful contact with me.

My birthday is on Monday. And no, they aren't meeting because it's Easter either.
    Ugh, this sounds both awkward and annoying as hell. *hugs* Do they often exclude you?
    Yes unless they need a baby sitter.
  • Selenity said:
    Tamsin said:
    Selenity said:

Yes unless they need a baby sitter.
    Do you need anything from them now or in the future? Will they give it to you? if  no then cut your losses and move on?
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited April 2017
    What do you all do when you feel completely unappreciated and feel like you have literally no one to talk to that would understand where you're coming from. Apparently for me, the response is to be completely unable to sleep.

• Maligorn said:
    What do you all do when you feel completely unappreciated and feel like you have literally no one to talk to that would understand where you're coming from. Apparently for me, the response is to be completely unable to sleep.
    I hope you find someone you can talk to, even if it's someone from your group of friends in Halli/here. I know it's helped me considerably, having a friend who I don't interact with in person to chat with, and help him when he needs it as well. All the best, and sleep will come when it can.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• It usually takes a lot to piss me off...but my college's administrative office managed to do it. They were so nice to send me an automately generated letter dated on my birthday to inform me that I didn't pass my Master's programme because there were still points missing at the end of the term. Yes, I know where those points come from...they are from two essays that I handed in within their deadlines but are not graded by my professor yet. Since I anticipated that this might pose a problem, I went to said professor in advance and obtained a signed confimation that I handed them in correctly and he just still needs to grade them. When I handed in my thesis, I showed the form to the clerk lady and told her that there might be some points missing but that this is explained in the letter. She said that she didn't need it and handed the letter back to me. And when I asked if I should hand in more things to prove that I did everything correctly, she told me that I needn't to because everything was clear.

And then I got that letter yesterday just before my parents and I wanted to go to a restaurant for my belated birthday dinner. It took me like an hour to calm them down and since my dad is prone to high blood pressure, I was afraid for his heart.

I mean, it's not like I didn't pass. I already mailed the professor and he said that I did everything right and that we'll sort it out so it'll be alright. It's just lots of stupid administrative stuff and paperwork that could have been avoided if the lady just had listened to me. I'm just angry because even though I did everything I could to avoid this kind of situation, it still occurred due to people's stupidity and automately generated letters.

Luckily, my landlady offered to leave later on Tuesday so I can go to the administrative office before our trip to Brighton. There I shall put on my scariest kendo fighting face and shove the damn confirmation letter in their faces.
  • That's probably a lot nicer than where I'd shove the letter
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I have a lot of work to do by Tuesday morning. I was going to start on it after I got home from family holiday obligations yesterday, but the internet was down when I got back, so I lied down to maybe have a rest, and woke up...nearly 12 hours later. Agggh. Aggh! I have way too much to do to just lose 12 hours like that. I have really got to stop painting myself into a corner like this. Stresssss.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited April 2017
    /wakes up
    /gets ready for work
    /finds out on her way out the door that people are checking out the place we're renting tonight and everyone knew this all weekend except her and so her room is a disaster
    /screams internally

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Midwife did a thing at my appointment this morning, and warned me I would probably be 'crampy' all day.

Crampy is an understatement. So now I'm 'crampy' and crabby because it's quite painful, though unproductive.
  • I'm in the midst of applying for a 457 visa to Australia. Apparently I have bad timing.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Why is it that every loaf of bread we buy goes moldy long before we've eaten it?

We only had this one a week. :angry:
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I wasn't the one doing it, but being at the burial of a six year old girl is hard :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Luce said:
    Why is it that every loaf of bread we buy goes moldy long before we've eaten it?

This is why I stopped buying bread, ahaha. I hate short expiration dates. Makes me feel like I'm doomed to waste food. I also started buying vegan sausage because the expiration date is longer than regular meat. Same with buying almond milk instead of regular milk. Not a diet, just laziness.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • We stopped buying loaves and started just buying the odd buns or making our own bread. It works much better and we waste so much less.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Sylandra said:
    Luce said:

This is why I stopped buying bread, ahaha. I hate short expiration dates. Makes me feel like I'm doomed to waste food. I also started buying vegan sausage because the expiration date is longer than regular meat. Same with buying almond milk instead of regular milk. Not a diet, just laziness.
    Stick it in the fridge before the expiry date. Toast it before eating it. Use a pan if you do not have a toaster.
    edited April 2017
    Ordassa said:
    Sylandra said:
    Luce said:

Stick it in the fridge before the expiry date. Toast it before eating it. Use a pan if you do not have a toaster.
    I've only got so much room in my corner of the fridge. And don't even think about the freezer. I'm lucky to sneak a frozen pizza in.
    Daraius said:
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Luce said:

Keep it away from warmth and moisture.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.