Curio Power Ideas

13»

Comments

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Guild/city/org curios with ambiances.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Be specific! Not sure what "toy effects" are.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Estarra said:
    Be specific! Not sure what "toy effects" are.
    Like the first wave of curios where you had little critters that would follow you and do things when touched, I'd assume.

I'm liking the idea of org-specific curios, too, but eh... those will most likely be linked to a quest. What else, hmm... I liked most of Celina's ideas in that last post on the previous page... super empress for two people, custom fly/tumble/etc. Essentially, what I'm trying to say is... I'd love to see more curios that are only for flavor and/or entertainment as opposed to anything that further skews PvP.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yeah, like the puzzle box, magic mirror, fawn, and the others of those sets. Those were by far the most fun, and the most interesting.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Elanorwen said:
    Estarra said:
    Be specific! Not sure what "toy effects" are.
    Like the first wave of curios where you had little critters that would follow you and do things when touched, I'd assume.

I'm liking the idea of org-specific curios, too, but eh... those will most likely be linked to a quest. What else, hmm... I liked most of Celina's ideas in that last post on the previous page... super empress for two people, custom fly/tumble/etc. Essentially, what I'm trying to say is... I'd love to see more curios that are only for flavor and/or entertainment as opposed to anything that further skews PvP.
    Stretching her golden wings wide, Elanorwen ascends into the air, a rainbow afterimage lingering briefly.
    Elanorwen flies to the south on golden wings, a rainbow trailing behind her.
    The available light shining off her golden wings in a prismatic display, Elanorwen descends from above.

Wrapping herself in darkness, Tacita takes to the sky.
    Tacita glides smoothly to the west, a veil of darkness in her wake.
    Dimming light heralds the arrival of Tacita from above.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Zouviqil said:
    Stretching her golden wings wide, Elanorwen ascends into the air, a rainbow afterimage lingering briefly.
    Elanorwen flies to the south on golden wings, a rainbow trailing behind her.
    The available light shining off her golden wings in a prismatic display, Elanorwen descends from above.

Wrapping herself in darkness, Tacita takes to the sky.
    Tacita glides smoothly to the west, a veil of darkness in her wake.
    Dimming light heralds the arrival of Tacita from above.

Fancy. Me gusta.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • A set of pets that MegaZord into a mount.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm not sure about all that, as people would need to collect lines.

Anyway, I'd likely buy pieces for toy-type curios, the ones like the glass angel, ruby dragon and so on. Here are my ideas:

a brass lamp, an ebony imp, a wooden pillbug, a steel drum, a pair of ghostly maracas, a golden leprechaun, a bloodstone redcap, a coral kelpie
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • If anyone's curious about the old toy/stationary curios, they can all be found (and touched) in the Exhibit manse. Might give you a sense of what's out there (and what's not!)
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Curios that speed up harvesting/planting (shout out to Ssaliss)
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    edited April 2017
    Alright so I know Anita is going to kill me for suggesting this being a curio, but I see it as a possibility of actually happening if it is a curio.

THE APIARY COLLECTION

Three different curios in this collection. All hives produce 1 special non-ingredient honey and 1 honeycomb (like the ones in Faethorn) an IG day, storing no more than 100 of each. All hives cannot be carried around, they must be set down somewhere. You can't harvest a hive if it's in your inventory.

• The Wildflower Hive - Produces wildflower honey, increases travel speed by x% for one hour.
    • The Manuka Hive - Produces manuka honey, increases healing effects of salves by x% for one hour.
    • The Clover Hive - Produces clover honey, increases critical hit chance by x% for one hour.

Activating the collection will morph the three hives into one, the APIARY. The apiary will produce one of each honey and increase the honeycomb production from 3 honeycombs an IG day (one from each hive) to 5. The apiary will also produce one special honey each IG month that will increase your h/m/e regeneration for 1 hour by x/y. (1/4?... 1/3?... nothing too big.)

---

How to get it? Either you buy the curio packages, or get it as part of a promo from the site, or there's a very VERY small chance of any mob in Faethorn giving it to you when influenced. (So... Maeve, the Fae Knights, etc also can give it to you.)
  • edited April 2017
    No.

Edit: Let me expand on this no.

There are several curios IG already, and even those are super hard to get. No one wants to trade for pieces they don't need etc. You buy packages and may still end up never completing a curio (re: the time I bought 200 credits worth of cooking curios and completed 1 bottle out of 4 I wanted to complete, even with rubbing some pieces and trading as much as I could. It's taken since they were released for me to complete the chocolate collection, because some kind people actually accepted random pieces for once.)

It's much easier to have a honeycomb artifact, yes of course the price would be high (200 credits + like the flowerpot or the candy box), but it's much easier buying this than trying to work 24/7 on curios. Credits are easier got (either by buying on website / buying IG / winning credits via artisanals/bardics, levels etc.) and even if it takes time to get them, I have the option of simply doing ASHOP # BUY CONFIRM. Arti in my inventory, and I don't get any stress at all from that.

edit edit: And as for the influencing part, again, it's a rare chance to get a piece (re: trades. You do your trade once a day and then the return is very low.) And not to mention there aren't that many mobs up on Faethorn, they'll surely be influenced all the time, and all sorts of conflict then, too.

Edit to my edit's edit: We also have several curios and other things that grant crit hits / buffs etc, and this would be another thing the game doesn't need, in my opinion.
    Anita said:
    No.

Edit: Let me expand on this no.

There are several curios IG already, and even those are super hard to get. No one wants to trade for pieces they don't need etc. You buy packages and may still end up never completing a curio (re: the time I bought 200 credits worth of cooking curios and completed 1 bottle out of 4 I wanted to complete, even with rubbing some pieces and trading as much as I could. It's taken since they were released for me to complete the chocolate collection, because some kind people actually accepted random pieces for once.)

It's much easier to have a honeycomb artifact, yes of course the price would be high (200 credits + like the flowerpot or the candy box), but it's much easier buying this than trying to work 24/7 on curios. Credits are easier got (either by buying on website / buying IG / winning credits via artisanals/bardics, levels etc.) and even if it takes time to get them, I have the option of simply doing ASHOP # BUY CONFIRM. Arti in my inventory, and I don't get any stress at all from that.

edit edit: And as for the influencing part, again, it's a rare chance to get a piece (re: trades. You do your trade once a day and then the return is very low.) And not to mention there aren't that many mobs up on Faethorn, they'll surely be influenced all the time, and all sorts of conflict then, too.

Edit to my edit's edit: We also have several curios and other things that grant crit hits / buffs etc, and this would be another thing the game doesn't need, in my opinion.
    Let's address each of these points.

There are several curios IG already,
    Curios are the new normal. So are wondercrystals. So is aethergoop. They're a thing. I don't think they're going to stop being a thing any time soon. This comes off as a blanket statement saying "no more curios," which I don't think Estarra and crew are going to necessarily listen to. If they prove me wrong, so be it.

and even those are super hard to get.
    I'm not going to disagree that getting curios without spending money is hard. It is hard.

No one wants to trade for piece they don't need
    This is also true, but it's true of everything. It's pretty much a common principle of trade. People don't want to trade things they know are worth something to someone else to receive something they know they don't or won't need.

You buy packages and may still end up never completing a curio
    This is the way the curio packages work. It's not guaranteed. It's also not required for the game. You can play the game without curios.

It's much easier to have a honeycomb artifact
    I don't see why the curio collection can't coexist with the artifact. We have aethergardens and we have flowerpots. So is the issue here you don't want the curio, so nobody should have a chance at it? That you only want the artifact to exist, and so the curio should not exist at all so long as the artifact does? Why do they have to be exclusive of one another?

But it's much easier than buying this [the honeycomb artifact] than trying to work 24/7 on curios.
    Some people actually enjoy working on curios. I'm one of the weird ones who do. I would happily invest for an apiary collection AND a honeypot artifact. I still don't understand why they can't coexist. Please explain.

Credits are easier got
    If you have money, yes, credits are relatively easy to get.

Arti in my inventory, I don't get any stress at all from that
    I still fail to understand why your suggested artifact cannot coexist with the curio collection I suggested.

And for the influencing part, again, it's a rare chance
    Yes, it is absolutely a rare chance, but it makes it still possible for someone who is very patient to get it.

And not to mention there aren't that many mobs up on Faethorn, they'll surely be influenced all the time, and all sorts of conflict then, too.
    So make it so that the fae that can be brought in to Moon/Night don't count towards it, but the others do. Faeknights, Laeroc, Maeve, whoever else is there. Make it count the fae in Wydyr Glade too, and any others that might be bopping around.

We also have several curios and other things that grant crit hits / buffs etc, and this would be another thing the game doesn't need, in my opinion.
    Estarra has pretty much said she doesn't want to create things that don't provide a function of some sort if she can help it. The curio I suggested provides some additional function - the honey with the powers I suggested. Your artifact would only provide honeycombs for cooking, and would be on par with the flowerpot, not the teapot (which gives you teas that have non-RP use) or the stein (gives you beers that have non-RP use). Yet again, how does my curio idea prevent the creation of your artifact? And what makes you think they cannot coexist, @Anita?
  • edited April 2017
    EDIT: I'm full of snark, and I give up trying to explain myself.

I didn't say anywhere in my post or in the clan that these two things can't co-exist. But oh well. Thanks.
    Anita said:
    You just love taking things out of context in their sentences ;)

But..I'm not going to argue, nor did I say anywhere that these can't co-exist. But sure, paint it that way.

I just love taking things out of context in their sentences? I responded to each of your points in what you wrote. And you seemed to imply they can't coexist by saying no to the curio collection suggestion (and going at great length as to reiterate why you think it is a bad idea) and further saying that it should be an artifact ("It's much easier to have a honeycomb artifact").

If you aren't up for discussing it - which is what I'm looking to do - then why post that you disagree?
  • Anita said:
    EDIT: I'm full of snark, and I give up trying to explain myself.

I didn't say anywhere in my post or in the clan that these two things can't co-exist. But oh well. Thanks.

Selenity said:
    Anita said:
    You just love taking things out of context in their sentences ;)

But..I'm not going to argue, nor did I say anywhere that these can't co-exist. But sure, paint it that way.

I just love taking things out of context in their sentences? I responded to each of your points in what you wrote. And you seemed to imply they can't coexist by saying no to the curio collection suggestion (and going at great length as to reiterate why you think it is a bad idea) and further saying that it should be an artifact ("It's much easier to have a honeycomb artifact").

If you aren't up for discussing it - which is what I'm looking to do - then why post that you disagree?
    Thanks, @Selenity, I actually went back and edited. :/ And now you want to pick at it.

I really didn't say anywhere that they can't co-exist, and if it came across that way, I am sorry. Of course, if there were to ever be a honeycomb/honey artifact and these curios happened, sure they can co-exist, it would mean more honey, right?

I have an opinion that I don't think this is a good idea for a curio, because there are already similar curios with these effects already, and I personally feel that we don't need more curios, even if they, wondercrystals and goop are the newthing.

Sorry.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited April 2017
    Please no more curios, certainly not until (planned, I think?) updates to trading and selling curio pieces. It's just too damn hard to randomly get the pieces you need and the more different curios and curio sets there are, the harder it is to find other people who can (or will) trade for them.

Rare drops don't really functionally give the vast majority of players a fighting chance to build a curio, because in this case alone you're looking at needing 30 specific pieces with a tiny chance to get one random piece assuming you're constantly influencing them out (and therefore, no one else is generating the curios). 

If it were easier to manipulate the chances to get the kind of curio you need from rubbing and it was dramatically easier to trade/buy curios, then it'd be more of a practical possibility. 

EDIT: And yes, I'm one of the people who is basically opposed to all new curios period. This is not because I have some vendetta against the basic idea: I have 25 completed curios! It's just gotten way overbloated. It was easy and fun to get pieces and trade them around when you could buy curio bits off people for gold, and there were few enough sets that it was very likely that you'd have SOMETHING mutually useful to trade. With so many sets and so few participants, the trading culture has become really awful for curios, with folks refusing to trade unless you have a mutually beneficial trade or chunk out extra credits for pieces, skyrocketing the cost of curio sets and gating them off for many (if not most) players. 
  • Enyalida said:
    Please no more curios, certainly not until (planned, I think?) updates to trading and selling curio pieces. It's just too damn hard to randomly get the pieces you need and the more different curios and curio sets there are, the harder it is to find other people who can (or will) trade for them.
    If my count is correct, there are currently 378 curios (with 208 curios belonging to one of the 52 collections, 170 being standalone) in the game. 

I am not sure how many people actually buy the packages from the artifact shop, but I can't think it is that high (or at least now that you don't get the standard present bonus)