16th of Vestian, 472 - The Refounding of Hallifaxian Guilds

edited April 2017 in Event Scrolls
Really long but was immensely entertaining. Once again, big, big raves to @godmin <3<3

Sadly there are some missing bits - do share if you've got any!

Pt. 1 - the premises
Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore rises to her feet. With a rap of her knuckles she calls those present to attention. "My thanks, comrades, for your swift attendance - and indeed for your help in this matter."

You smile softly.

"As you will all by now be aware, thanks to the initiative of the Master Artists, the innovation of the Researchers, and the knowledge of the Administrators, the city is ready to move forward into a new age." Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore straightens her back, her voice carrying clearly through the crowd. "In the absence of a full Board of Directors, it falls to us - the Collective - to decide how we shall move forward. Were it possible for the remaining members of the Board to be present that would have been preferable, but we shall continue regardless."

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore purses her lips pensively, gazing off into the distance as she carefully gathers her thoughts.

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore says, "Thus I hereby call this meeting of the Beacon of Harmony to order. Let the record state that the date is the 14th of Vestian, 472 years after the Coming of Estarra."

A faint beeping echoes from one of the many contraptions surrounding the Senior Administrator, and several spinning crystals light up.

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore says, "The proposition is this: that new organisations be found to take the administrative, political, social and cultural burdens previously seen to by the guilds."

Iytha arrives from the north.
Like a flowing stream, Ketsis meanders forth from the north.

Teleos nods his head emphatically.

Iytha gives Shedrin a respectful salute.

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore says, "I would ask first of all that those who wish to propose such an organisation declare that intent now, and give a short summary of the organisation's intent."

Portius raises his hand.

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore gestures to Portius to speak.

Lord-Laureate Portius Nitraedes, Paragon of Progress says, "Honored Hallifaxians. I am certain that we can all agree that the city is founded on the collective action of many distinct and noble individuals, each of whom tends to an important task. No matter how lowly it seems."

Raising a brow, Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore says, "I said a short summary, Lord Nitraedes."

Wondir nods her head at Portius, showing her acceptance.

A wry smile spreads across Phoebus's face.

Kialkarkea Diodorus, Textile Engineer says, "Speeches are nice!"

Jeanne, the windmuse elemental pulls out some yarn and starts knitting. This may take a while.

Orventa hides a grin behind her hand.

Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird hides a small smile behind her fan.

Lord-Laureate Portius Nitraedes, Paragon of Progress says, "As you like, if you don't care for political theatre. My point is this. It is all well and good to teach etiquette, but we must respect practicality."

Lord-Laureate Portius Nitraedes, Paragon of Progress says, "Let there be a union of those who make the city's economy function, keep its streets habitable, and develop new ways to do so with greater efficiency."

Lord-Laureate Portius Nitraedes, Paragon of Progress says, "And, importantly, let there be respect for the Skylarks, and their role as a police force, in every organization."

Iytha nods her head at Portius.

Lord-Laureate Portius Nitraedes, Paragon of Progress says, "So long as practical matters are respected in this, you have my support."

Phoebus Windwhisper says, "Senior Researcher Lars noted a desire for an organization in which innovation and the pursuit of progress were respected."

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore nods her head emphatically.

Lord-Laureate Portius Nitraedes, Paragon of Progress says, "And he should have it. Wealth and work create change, but knowledge allows us to use those tools."

Phoebus Windwhisper says to Portius, "She."

A wry smile spreads across Orventa's face.

Wondir's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore says, "Let us keep the discussion to a minimum at this point, so that we can lay out clearly the options."

Lord-Laureate Portius Nitraedes, Paragon of Progress says, "And, of course, make our work more efficient. Which begets more wealth. Which begets more research. A glorious cycle!"

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore says, "Who else has a proposal to bring before the Collective?"

Glancing at Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia, Xeii holds up a hand.

Stepping forward with all her dignity brought to bear, Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia says, "Shall I reiterate mine for the group?"

Xeii steps back, looking subtly relieved.

Teleos bows respectfully to Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia.
Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia brushes one hand subconsciously along her collar bone, a distant look upon her face.

A wry smile spreads across Falaeron's face.

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore says, "If you please, Lady Silverplume."

Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia strides to the middle of the group, taking her proper place front and centre to provide her grand, magnificent proposal.

Opening her arms to the assembled with a very charming smile, Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia says, "It seems we are lacking foremost in a means to continue the teachings of the Higher Emotions. If we cannot follow its fine example, where would we be? Like the heathens of the South! Surely, we embrace it enough to continue teaching it to our subsequent generations?"

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore says, "Then we have a proposal for the Higher Emotions, and a proposal for an economic and practical organisation. Are there any others?"

Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia says, "I propose such an organisation, to continue that which has been guarded by the Symphonium, but more. We should ensure the superiority of these teachings reach not only our own young, but the others in the Basin as well."

Phoebus Windwhisper says, "Some of the citizenry expressed an interest in following the ideals of Cririk Adom."

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore tilts her head and listens intently to Phoebus.

Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird's ears perk up as her attention turns towards Phoebus.

Phoebus Windwhisper says, "I would count myself among them. His example inspires us. Many citizens carry their own copy of the Manifesto with them, and read it often."

Fidgeting with her hands, Phoebus Windwhisper says, "I also now feel slightly put on the spot."

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore says, "That is because you are, Lady Windwhisper. A third proposal then, for an organisation to follow in the footsteps of Chairman Adom."

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore says, "Are there any others?"

Jeanne, the windmuse elemental pauses her knitting to murmur. "Y'know. When I said a manifesto study-circle, I meant it as a jest."

Doman pats a little purple book in a friendly manner.

Phoebus Windwhisper says, "It was a guard who brought it up, rather enthusiastically."

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail Harmony's Engineer says, "I... don't have a proposal for an organisation as such. Just a concern."

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore purses her lips, deep in thought.

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore says, "If you believe it appropriate to the proposals, I will allow it."

Kiradawea looks about herself, rubbing her chin thoughtfully.

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail Harmony's Engineer says, "Actually, nevermind. I can't think of a proper way to formulate myself."

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore says, "Nonetheless, it seems prudent to open the floor now to concerns regarding the given proposals before we move forward with confirming them."

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore says, "If anyone wishes to voice such a thought, now is the time to speak."

With a hopeful smile, Iytha raises her hand high in the air.

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore nods her head at Iytha.

The body of Mistress-Librarian Wondir Nitraedes, Sparrow of Tomes appears in a flash and her soul descends to fill it, causing the previously expressionless face to fill with emotion.

Kialkarkea shuffles over to Wondir and shyly takes her hand in her own.

Comrade Trueflight Iytha says, "Two of the three factions have an established future course of action. The "Practical" faction is to pursue research and economics while the "Higher Emotions" faction is to pursue philosophical and artistic practices. What would those following in Chairman Cririk's example do in their daily contributions to the Collective?"

Phoebus Windwhisper says, "What does a guard do in his daily contribution to the Collective? A worker? A bureaucrat?"

Phoebus Windwhisper says, "They serve. They uphold."

Iytha ponders the situation.

Comrade Trueflight Iytha says, "Public service and civics?"

Iytha nods her head at Phoebus.

Comrade Trueflight Iytha says, "Count me in, then."

Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird takes a small step forward. "They do their duty," she says, voice ringing with conviction. "They are the soul of the Collective; they are the ones who serve order, and justice."

Phoebus Windwhisper says, "A contribution need not be glamorous to be great. The conviction behind one's service, the dedication to what the Collective can be, these things bring greatness."

Shedrin nods his head sagely.

Shedrin Windwhisper says, "The example of Lord Cririk is clear. We fulfill our duty as befits our station."

Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird smiles shyly, averting her eyes.

Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia not so casually eyes and casts a stern look at Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird.

Phoebus Windwhisper says, "And if need be, we sacrifice ourselves for the greater good."

Lord Zitto Shevat says, "I am afraid I don't see the distinction. In this regard, do we not all pursue Cririk's vision for our nation? I would think we and all our comrades in Hallifax strive daily to put our duty first."

Xeii catches Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird's eye and gives her a fleeting smile.

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore says, "Of course, Lord Shevat. But likewise, we all honour the Higher Emotions. We all understand the purpose of innovation, of progress."

With a raised eyebrow, Phoebus Windwhisper says, "Do we not all strive to follow the Higher Emotions? Oh, we've the same idea!"

Falaeron nods his head at Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore.

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore's eyes twinkle enchantingly.

Teleos, Doctoral Candidate says, "There are times when citizen's forget the details of the law and all can be reminded of the wisdom Cririk shared."

With a hopeful smile, Wondir raises her hand high in the air.

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore says, "You see commonalities in these proposals becausewe are seeking to represent the Collective amongst them all."

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore gestures for Wondir to speak.

Lord Zitto Shevat says, "I am sure I will come to understand my comrade's vision in time."

Phoebus Windwhisper says, "The idea is not to split up and take sides, but to serve where one is best suited."

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore says, "Precisely."

Phoebus Windwhisper says, "We certainly all respect and follow the ideals of the Collective as a whole."

You tilt your head and listen intently to Wondir.

Mistress-Librarian Wondir Nitraedes, Sparrow of Tomes looks thoughtful and says, "Those who would Adhere to Cririk more closely might better understand the meaning of tasks that might typically be viewed as menial or unworthy. It is important to bring recognition to the value of these roles in the Collective."

In a soft, protective tone of pride, Conductor Fre'zik zi'Prouep says, "We would become guardians of each ideal in turn. Maintaining the purity of each facet of what makes the whole of the Collective grand and brilliant."

Questions on the more practical aspects of the change in guilds were shared, which were soon put to a rest by the Senior Administrator's reassurance that the matters either have been, or would be handled.

A city administrator says, "Senior Administrator, if I may, a small tangent?"

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore tilts her head and listens intently.

A city administrator says, "The Chairman has authorised a new position of 'Lead Schematicist'. She has agreed to be available for any architectural requirements."

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore says, "Excellent. That will be useful in realising these proposals."

Teleos nods his head emphatically.

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore says, "Very well. I would like now to invite for these proposals to be seconded. I would ask that each proposal be seconded twice - once by someone who has passed through the Portal of Fate, and once by someone who has not - that we may represent the breadth of the Collective in approving them."
"May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.

Comments

• Pt. 3 - the caretakers
    Shimmering chitin of rich mahogany hue forms the shapely body of this regal kephera, whose round eyes shine with the same brilliant yellow as her traditionally large abdomen. Though she does not glow with quite the same power as the Queens themselves, it is nonetheless clear that Setisoki bears the potential of that great strength - a characteristic mirrored in her noble and refined bearing. She wears a gown of deep orange that complements her colouration with the glow of a clear sunset, the style recognisably Hallifaxian and cunningly tailored to her insectoid figure. Delicate silver chains criss-cross between her antennae, bearing dangling briolette-cut beryl and opal gems that refract light upon her entirely smooth head.

(clan): Tirah says, "Dat gown."
    (clan): Zyphora says, "Pretty."
    (clan): Falaeron says, "No visible fans."

Crystalline and angular, typical of lucidians, Indcii Oolin's translucent skin shimmers a cheery yellow of citrine. Despite the harsh angles chiselling her features, she boasts an exquisite, hourglass curvature and smoothly flowing arcs of crystal for hair in what resembles a severe and orderly bun. Camouflaged to eerie effect upon her face, aureate orbs form eyes that blend with her natural hues allowing her to imitate a golden statue were she ever quiet long enough. Quirked between amusement and chagrin, her mouth offers little insight to her true emotions, unlike the colours when she glows. Dressed in a professional business suit with an ivory button up blouse, high waisted lilac pencil skirt and wool, peplum lilac blazer, Indcii is ready to take on any meeting or negotiation with a powerful appearance of confidence and success. A lab coat to protect the clothes and a loupe on a cord around the neck completes the outfit as she continues several personal experiments.

(clan): Portius says, "10/10 would have affair with Indcii."
    (clan): Phoebus says, "Indecency with Indcii, a series of memoirs by Portius Nitraedes."

With knowledgeable eyes like crystalline malachite, Aelaoili Skysoarer exudes a sense of steadfast and superior wisdom, from his sensual yet serious lips to the upright pose that refuses to slouch. Immaculate to a fault, this lean and slender trill is never unprepared or dishevelled from his perfectly placed head feathers to the polish on his shoes. Dusted in gold, his otherwise snowy white crest and wings glitter with naturally born aureate edging along the tips with subtle gilded bands offering additional shine. His studious outfit comprises a high-collar, ivory dress shirt, black brushed cotton trousers with matching leather boots and a burgundy velvet vest. Accompanying these basics is a golden waist chain, silk puff tie and charcoal frock coat to complete the ensemble and provide a neatly fitted silhouette.

(clan): Maligorn says, "Oh, his eyes are the same colour as shedrin."
    (clan): Maligorn says, "Noice."
    (clan): Zyphora says, "Long lost brothers??"
    (clan): Shedrin says, "He owes me royalties."

With a flourish of his arm, Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit bows deeply.

Princess Setisoki places her palms together before her and dips into a deep bow.

Indcii Oolin, Apotheosis of Innovation gives an informal salute with two fingers and a pencil between them to her brow.

After proper greetings were exchanged...

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore says, "Thank you all for joining us. I trust the administrator has brought you up to speed regarding this meeting?"

A city administrator self-consciously smooths her skirts.

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit bows and takes Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore's hand in his own gently, "Well met, Senior Administrator. My family has prepared me for this day, or rather, the hopeful prospect of such a day." He releases her hand with a charming smile and takes a step back.

Shedrin's crystalline form shifts to a cool sky-blue colour as he looks about.

Wondir smiles at Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit and her eyes wander up and down his body.

Doman blinks incredulously at Wondir.

Doman gives Wondir the once-over, eyeing her suspiciously.

"Indeed, sister," Princess Setisoki replies politely, taking strides forward until she stands before the desk. "It is an honour to serve the Collective."

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore opens her mouth as if to say something, but pauses.

Retracting her hand, Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore says, "I am certain they have, Lord Skysoarer."

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore glances askance at Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia.

Lord Zitto Shevat whispers to Portius, "I think..."

Lord Zitto Shevat whispers to Portius, "I think we've come out ahead on this particular spin of the wheel."

Portius discreetly nods at Zitto.

With a quick, almost clipped accent, Indcii Oolin, Apotheosis of Innovation says, "I do hope we can make this quick? I am at the service of the Collective, but the Collective is served by letting me attend my experiments."

Lord Zitto Shevat whispers to Portius, "I no longer think it. I am certain."

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore says, "The gathered representatives of the Beacon have questions for the three of you. I will leave them to ask them at their whim."

Jeanne, the windmuse elemental says, "She sounds like you, Kira."

You tell Mistress-Librarian Wondir Nitraedes, Sparrow of Tomes, "I expect you might have something to ask to Lord Skysoarer, hmm?"

Princess Setisoki shifts position slightly, her eyes and abdomen glowing an eerie emerald.

Maligorn Shevat says, "So many questions."

Xeii's lips turn up in a faint grin at Wondir.

Maligorn Shevat says, "May I ask the first one?"

Deep in thought, Phoebus leans her cheek on her hand.

Wondir blushes at you furiously.

Phoebus Windwhisper says, "I don't see anyone stopping you."

Phoebus Windwhisper laughingly says, "And technically you just did."

Maligorn Shevat says, "That is correct. On both counts."

Maligorn nods his head sagely.

Falaeron Shevat says, "Go on."

Maligorn turns to Princess Setisoki, a rather large smile on his face. "Hello, Princess! It is an honour to meet you. The administrator here mentioned that you had been staying in Hallifax for a while -- and that you wished to remain. But I've actually never, well, seen you before. What brought you here? And why do you wish to stay?"

Princess Setisoki inclines her head in acknowledgement. "Indeed, male. As the youngest of my sisters,I was not required to serve my Divine Mother within the Hive. By her divine will I was sent to the surface."

Maligorn Shevat says, "Have you met the male, Ambassador Horotep? Has he been helping you acclimate?"

Phoebus Windwhisper says, "Your service will be to the Collective first and foremost, I hope."

Princess Setisoki says, "Indeed, Male Horotep and I have conversed. It was following his residence within the city that I was sent, the Beacon having been judged worthy of a female presence."

Akatriel arrives from the north.

Orventa beams broadly at Akatriel.

Maligorn nods and listens intently.

With a hopeful smile, Wondir raises her hand high in the air.

Deep in thought, Phoebus leans her cheek on her hand.

Princess Setisoki turns to address Phoebus, her antennae and abdomen lighting up with brilliant golden light. "Sister, it shall," she enthuses with perfect politeness. "My Divine Mother has conceded to release me to the service of the Collective, that our link with the Beacon may be strengthened and solidified."

Phoebus Windwhisper asks, "And it does not bother you to be assigned as caretaker of an organization based around the teachings of a male lucidian?"

Phoebus Windwhisper says, "Male and female are not a much of a difference in our culture as in your own. I hope that this will not be a problem."

(clan): Phoebus says, "The princess starts barfing everywhere as she forces herself to idealize a dude for the good of the collective."
    (clan): Kiradawea says, "Feebas just caused a political incident."

"In my time within Hallifax, I have learned the ways of the other races and come to comprehend them. Though the ways of this culture are in stark juxtaposition to my Divine Mother's will, I bear them no ill will." Princess Setisoki bows her head, a smile lighting her features demurely. "In truth, I did not truly accept it until I studied the Manifesto. I found it impossible to conceive that such a work could have been undertaken by a male."

Phoebus nods her head at Princess Setisoki.

Kiradawea flashes Princess Setisoki a joyous smile.

Phoebus Windwhisper says, "It puts me at ease to know that you understand."

Maligorn smiles softly.

Princess Setisoki says, "And yet, it is the greatest work of order and harmony that I have ever read."

Phoebus nods her head at Princess Setisoki, showing her acceptance.

Mistress-Librarian Wondir Nitraedes, Sparrow of Tomes asks, "Might I direct a question to another summoned guest?"

Princess Setisoki's mandibles twitch slightly as she chirrs to herself, then steps backwards to offer the floor to others.

Gathering her thoughts, Mistress-Librarian Wondir Nitraedes, Sparrow of Tomes asks Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit, "It has been stated that you possess tracts of land. Will you be donating their use to the Collective? What visions of progression do you have for the organization you would lead?"

(clan): Zitto says, "Vast...tracts of land."

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit's face breaks into a charming smile and he bows, taking Wondir's hand in his own gently, "My family dreamt of one day founding a school, so we have lands to offer and are willing to divert them to this task instead."

(clan): Maligorn says, "Oh man he did the exact thing to Wondir as he did to Hilelsa."
    (clan): Tirah says, "But Hilelsia he eventually let go off."
    (clan): Maligorn says, "No, Hilelsa took her own hand away."
    (clan): Maligorn says, "Then gave Shalmae a look."
    (clan): Maligorn says, "Since shal is the one who suggested him."
    (clan): Phoebus says, "Clearly it's her secret illegitimate son with Faethun."

Nelras tells you, "This Aelaoili concerns me, but I suppose we shall see."

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore says, "You should all feel free to ask your questions without seeking permission."

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore says, "This is a free discussion, not a floor."

Releasing the hand and addressing the remaining answer for all, Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit says, "I have journeyed the world at my family's insistence. I have learned of other cultures in comparison to our own. We are, of course, far superior but only if we adhere to certain levels of courteous behavior."

Wondir places one hand upon her chest, smiling brightly. "An excellent investment! I look forward to seeing the results published in our Library."

You tell Nelras Shevat, "He seems intelligent enough. Hmm..."

Miella Windwhisper, the Cerulean Skybird hides a grin behind her hand.

Comrade Trueflight Iytha says, "Madam Oolin. You style yourself as the "Apotheosis of Innovation" and make reference to ongoing experiments. Tell us of your prior and current work?"

Nelras tells you, "Intelligent enough to be dangerous, yet not so much that others do not think to use him."

Sealbearer Kiradawea Startail Harmony's Engineer says to Indcii Oolin, Apotheosis of Innovation, "I hope that later you'll have time to tell me exactly what you're working on, but either way. You do strike me as the industrious sort. But are you prepared to handle your research as well as your administrative duties? I suppose..." She pauses and looks over the other two present. "That for all of you, the role of a tutor may be quite new. I take it you all feel confident in that aspect of the job?"

Speaking swiftly in an efficient manner, Indcii Oolin, Apotheosis of Innovation says, "I have studied with each of the Senior Researchers. My progress was not widely accepted due to its breadth, but my interests range far and wide. In the aftermath of the anomaly with the groundhogs, I analysed the data and procured a damaged component for study."

Iytha nods her head emphatically.

Lord Zitto Shevat whispers to Portius, "Breadth rather than depth is ideal for the circumstances, I think."

Orventa looks about herself, rubbing her chin thoughtfully.

Indcii Oolin, Apotheosis of Innovation says to Kiradawea, "I see no impediments to continuuing my experiments alongside brilliant minded others. I have begun my own studies to become self-reliant. That of my experiments which are safe to sell, I do, in order to fund future efforts. Quite a neat circle, wouldn't you say?"

You tell Nelras Shevat, "Best keep an eye out, then." She chuckles wickedly as she adds, "No need to worry, I shall not overenjoy it."

Kiradawea nods her head emphatically.

Lord-Laureate Portius Nitraedes, Paragon of Progress says to Indcii Oolin, Apotheosis of Innovation, "An optimal one. Precisely the sort of view that I like to see."

To himself, Lord Zitto Shevat says, "I am certainly convinced."

Nelras glances suddenly at you, a faint smile appearing on his face as he does.

Lord-Laureate Portius Nitraedes, Paragon of Progress says, "I stand in favor of Indcii receiving the position."

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore says, "Are there any other questions for the candidates?"

Lord Zitto Shevat says, "If we are motioning, I certainly second the notion."

Answering in turn with a polite nod to Indcii first, Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit says, "My travels are complete, as far as my family would deem them. I have been to each city and extended villages. I returned home to share this knowledge with my brethren. That is my purpose, and the destiny my family has designed for me."

Maligorn Shevat says, "May I ask for an example of what you have sold or are currently selling, miss Oolin?"

Nodding, you say to Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit, "I am sure your knowledge will contribute greatly. Experience is a precious thing."

Wondir's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Indcii Oolin, Apotheosis of Innovation says, "Minor contrivances truthfully. Though Trader Bob fancies himself able to tempt me to 'greater heights', his lack of morality in sales does not suit my Collective upbringing."

Comrade Trueflight Iytha says, "Ethical."

Jeanne, the windmuse elemental says, "Oh. I got a question. Mr Skysoarer, do you flirt with all the women you meet?"

Showing that he understands, Maligorn nods his head slowly.

Astrina, the Crystal Heart says to Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit, "Do you value any Higher Emotion as the greatest? And if so, why?"

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore opens her mouth as if to say something, but pauses.

Flashing her a smile, Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit says to you, "I quite agree, and my family ensured that I would be ready. The alternative was becoming a monk or missionary to convert the heathens to our Collective, but, it would require more than my own worldwide experience to achieve."

(clan): Falaeron says, "MONKS."
    (clan): Zitto says, "He said monk."
    (clan): Maligorn says, "HE SAID THE WORD."
    (clan): Zitto says, "It's canon. Get hype!"
    (clan): Phoebus says, "The klaxon sounds at the word monk."
    (clan): Ayisdra says, "I feel like the admin are watching us and going 'how do we trigger them? oh, we just say monk'."
    (clan): Phoebus says, "Someone said the word monk, not related to actually getting monks at all."
    (clan): Maligorn says, "Hahaha."
    (clan): Phoebus says, ":P."
    (clan): Shedrin says, "You said monk, phoebus."
    (clan): Maligorn says, "Phoebus, gib monk."
    (clan): Shedrin says, "Do you have secret admin info."

Doman Trueflight, Mystic Visionary says, "Being a monk isn't so bad."

Doman stretches languidly.

Nelras Shevat says to Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit, "The foresight of your family in this matter is quite welcome, I must assure you."

Princess Setisoki glances about alertly, her antennae twitching as she scans the immediate area.

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore says, "A final chance for...pertinent questions for the candidates."

Shedrin Windwhisper says to Princess Setisoki, "Define the Collective."

Zitto smiles wryly at Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore.

Orventa's eyes linger over Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit with a considering stare.

Maligorn peers at Shedrin unscrupulously.

Princess Setisoki says, "Collectivism is Order."

Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit says, "Miss windmuse, flirting is quite a strong word. But I will say I appreciate females. For are we not all brought forth by a female? Charm is quite different than the pursuit of a hunter for prey, madame."

Maligorn Shevat says, "Oh! Cririk said that, before he was...torn from reality."

Princess Setisoki bows her head, the gems between her antennae sparkling as she moves. "In Collectivism, it is not the individual but the collective of society as a whole that benefits from the labour of its citizens. All provide for the collective and the collective provides for all."

Shedrin Windwhisper says, "Very well."

Kiradawea offers a polite smile, turning slightly strained as she gently urges Jeanne to step back. "No further questions from us."

Folding his wings so he can reach them easily, Doman preens his wings happily, straightening out the disheveled feathers.

Phoebus Windwhisper looks skeptical and says, "I think we can save any further discussion about flirtations for personal interviews after the fact."

Falaeron Shevat says, "Or just don't have them at all."

Phoebus Windwhisper laughingly says, "True, but now is especially not the time."

"It would not surprise me, Male," Princess Setisoki says to Maligorn as she lifts her head once more, "to hear that Chairman Adom's final words echoed the Manifesto itself."

Lord Zitto Shevat says, "I think we are all quite satisfied with the prospective caretakers of the new national institutions."

Iytha nods her head at Zitto.

Maligorn Shevat says, "Well, of course...it's just...very profound."

A wry smile spreads across Falaeron's face.

Maligorn looks down with a pained expression.

Nelras Shevat says to Zitto, "I am satisfied that I have no questions for them."

Gently, Princess Setisoki says, "It is."

Apologetically with a tender smile, Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit says to Astrina, "Apologies, the room is quite excited. But, if I had to choose, I would pick Truth as the Higher Emotion I hold and value most. Without it, we could not see or know where we stand or where we are going."

Wondir nods her head sagely at Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit.

Emeritus Ayisdra Ysav'rai says, "To all of you. What is one thing you see that is disorderly, either within the city, besides the lack of organizations, or outside? And how would you go about bringing that thing to a more orderly nature?"

(clan): Phoebus says, "It's a job interview now, someone ask them what their greatest weakness is."
    (clan): Tirah says, "Where do you see yourself in a century."
    (clan): Phoebus says, "Lol."
    (clan): Wondir says, "Pretty sure aelaoili already answered 'females' for that one."

Her compound eyes fixated on Ayisdra, Princess Setisoki's mandibles twitch to voice a brief, curious chirr.

Indcii Oolin, Apotheosis of Innovation says, "This manner of question is rather disorderly if I do say so. A question addressed to us all should be answered by all before the next is spoken, yes?"

Astrina, the Crystal Heart says to Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit, "Thank you, that will certainly be an important value during these uncertain times."

Thoughtfully, Princess Setisoki says, "The Manifesto defines freedom as disorder; yet, it defines it also as a lie. One must consider then whether we interpret disorder to be a lie, or the lie to be disorder as it masquerades as freedom."

Zitto politely hides a smile behind one hand but fails to conceal the mirth in his eyes.

Princess Setisoki says, "Is disorder, then, simply a misinterpretation - one that can be corrected by a re-examination of structure?"

Closing her eyes as she shifts to a green hue, Indcii Oolin, Apotheosis of Innovation says, "Now it seems I missed a question: Define Collectivism? It is the ability to rely upon the self, the self being inclusive of many individuals working towards common progress. Analytical data shared and reused can become the basis for entirely new experiments."

Nelras smiles faintly as he ponders Princess Setisoki's words.

(clan): Shedrin says, "Ok bug you can talk the talk but can you walk the walk and by walk i mean sitting in the same room forever repeating quotes and giving lessons."

Princess Setisoki pauses, head tilted. "I have not answered your question, Male," she admits to Ayisdra apologetically. "But if you wish my thoughts on bringing order to the Collective, I would say that we are pursuing that very thing at this very moment."

Shedrin ponders the situation.

Mistress-Librarian Wondir Nitraedes, Sparrow of Tomes whispers, "These are excellent exchanges, I do hope they are being recorded for future reference."

Politely interjecting, Aelaoili Skysoarer, Cultural Pundit says, "That does seem an important question for any of us in the room to answer. Collectivism is an ideal to achieve, but it can only be done through Harmony. A harmony achieved through the Higher Emotions, for certainly were we without them, we would be but a collection of Gaudiguchians chaotically attempting to do something together while each of us attempts it in a completely random way."

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore says, "This is all being recalled for the record."

(clan): Falaeron says, "So this is the part where we tell them to go home and wait for a call right?"
    (clan): Gero says, "Don't aether us, we'll aether you."

Shedrin Windwhisper says, "Disorder is, perhaps, the inefficiency of the illusion of choice."

Emeritus Ayisdra Ysav'rai says to Princess Setisoki, "Your answer is to satisfaction at this time."

(clan): Zyphora says, "We ask them what kind of tree they would be and why."
    (clan): Tirah says, "Can you dance your name?"
    (clan): Orventa says, "Ice cream flavour."
    (clan): Shedrin says, "What hogwarts house would you be."

Gero's mandibles twitch slightly as he voices a brief, curious chirr.

Princess Setisoki ponders Gero thoughtfully, looking him up and down.

Senior Administrator Hilelsa Clarramore says, "Very well, then. That is the conclusion of the period for questioning - you will have more chances in the future, I am sure, to speak with the candidates."
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

• I wonder how many times @Ianir got triggered when we were talking about Setisoki.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    A button that says "in case of Hallifax AFK," and all that happens when you press it is the word "monk" appears on their screen.

Sadly my computer crashed during the event, and I lost my logs of the start. I got back in, like, right before they asked for the Adom faction proposal, and having had all my RP momentum replaced by "oh god everything is broken" panic, my statement was not very fancy. It was like dropping my flashcards all over the floor right before having to give a presentation. :s

I hope our unnamed guard shows up again, he was so excited for his opinion to matter, and technically the Adherents were his idea. He deserves a promotion.
  • Phoebus Windwhisper says, "No, sir. We need to hear from you! Your opinions are important, just as any other member of the Collective's."

A Sentinel Deputy Commissar says, "My opinion???"

A Sentinel Deputy Commissar straightens his uniform and stands up straighter.

A Sentinel Deputy Commissar says, "Few citizens rarely ask my opinion, though I enjoy their compliments otherwise."

---

Glancing askance then rubbing his chin taking his time, a Sentinel Deputy Commissar says, "...Hm. Well, hm, I always did wish to follow former Chairmen Cririk Adom's example much more closely. As a Sentinel, we are only asked to guard that which we are told. We did not have the luxury of an opinion."

Falaeron Shevat says, "Your opinion was always appreciated, even if you hadn't been directly asked for it. We are all equal before the Collective."

Phoebus nods her head sagely.

A Sentinel Deputy Commissar stands up straighter.

Wish I'd seen more of that convo :(

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Haha, job interview questions are great. Sorry to miss this.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Somewhat relieved to hear Czixi isn't Gryffindor, which is what the clan had decided she'd be. She's way too cool for them. Gryffindor worst house. (Obligatory: Phoebus would be Hufflepuff.)
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Are you kidding, Isune is a solid Gryffindor. :(

• I can go either way, honestly. Definitely can see Isune as either Hufflepuff or Gryffindor. BUT, OOC bias makes me not want to be Hufflepuff so I'll submit to the popular opinion... 

Go Gryffindor!

Volucer likes it better too.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Gryffindor ftw.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."