Simple Ideas

Comments

• Eritheyl said:
    Kerith said:
    Breandryn said:
    Given how many designs are scattered across all the old-guild clans, it would be pretty awesome if we got a CARTEL TRANSFER <design#> TO <new cartel> command to move around designs.

*hope*
    Yeah and to avoid people fighting over where they should go, they could just go to the city/commune so everyone there still has access. :)
    This. All of this. I have a dream where people just use the city cartels for all of their not-otherwise-very-personal designs, rather than every guild having to keep up with a handful of cartels. Let's face it, most of the time they sit unused until someone springs for a contest, or one of those really precious newbies comes along with dreams of turning their fellow citizens into Christmas trees. Otherwise, they're just taking up people's slots and sitting.

If we could salvage the designs, I'd like to see all of those old cartels done away with. If a guild reeeaaally needs a clan for something, and they for sooome reason want to make it a cartel, cool okay whatever you do you boo, but I'd be really happy just to see the old standard not be so much of a standard anymore.

And since classes are now spread out amongst all of the new guilds, I see little reason we shouldn't just use the city cartels for everything now. Maybe the unpopular opinion, but ehn, a girl can dream.
    *was one of those precious newbies* >_>
  • Saran said:
    Would, alternatively, absolutely love the ability to upgrade a cartel so that it can hold multiple trades and separately increase the number of submissions.

This would mean guilds can just have their one cartel, possibly rolled into a management clan which they can put anything they want in and help reduce the number of clans around that only exist to be cartels.
    Please also include a one-time free clan Voltroning, for those of us sitting with like a half-dozen upgraded private cartels :/
  • Please allow: BLEND <number> SOOTHING STEAM

Pretty please with cherry on top. :heart:
  • Aesyra said:
    Please allow: BLEND <number> SOOTHING STEAM

Just bear in mind that doing so will reduce prices.
  • edited April 2017
    This option for all tradeskills and arts skills would be nice. Other IREs have it and it hasn't broken the economy as far as I can tell. Can even have it cost stacking balance so you are using the same amount of time - not having to spam commands or write a script, though, will make it easier for people in general.
  • Versalean said:
    Aesyra said:

Sorry but, really? Considering harvesting herbs is the most boring exercise now already why does blending soothing steam have to be as well? Prices can't be the reason, because if herbs sell for 4 gold a pop then there's a bazillion things you can do that are more productive than harvesting.
  • Aesyra said:
    Versalean said:
    Aesyra said:

Sorry but, really? Considering harvesting herbs is the most boring exercise now already why does blending soothing steam have to be as well? Prices can't be the reason, because if herbs sell for 4 gold a pop then there's a bazillion things you can do that are more productive than harvesting.
    Yes. But, really :| When I'm pricing up steam, one of the factors is the time it takes to blend it. If it's quicker to blend, that cost is smaller. Time is money.

Nowhere in my post did I say that it needed to be boring, nor that it was a bad idea to make the suggested change because of the price...
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited May 2017
    I really like that we have class/guild printing on CGWHO, but is there a chance we could get class on GWHO as well? Limit rank to the number as it used to be to free the space up (pleeeease). Also I'd be really happy if we could remove the Paths column, and just have them visible on honours for members.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • I actually really like the paths and rank names being visible. With the amount of customisation we have now I feel they help push the individuality of the guilds rather than the sameness that I felt was an issue in the previous system.
    It also means if you want to have a fightperson path you can just get people to check gwho for people on that path for combat questions or something similar for other paths.

Maybe GWHO could have a CLASS option which shows Class data instead?
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited May 2017
    With the completion of report 1357, manifestations were made a little less game-able, which is definitely something to be appreciated. However, solution 2 went a little too far. It's extremely frustrating to kill a manifestation in Avechary and not acquire a sand because it hadn't repopulated yet. (The manifestation needs to respawn (you don't know when), you have to locate it, then you have to wait an hour before the sand is able to be gotten, which is impossible to calculate reliably == then, someone can accidentally kill the manifestation anyway and it's unlikely that you're ever going to get its sand before Avechary ends). Is fixing that ridiculous mechanic without needing another report in the cards, @Ianir ?

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Does the sand not respawn post-Avechary?  If it doesn't, that sounds an awful lot like a bug.

However, the whole "delay after month change before sand respawns" is a mechanic that doesn't really seem to make any sense (might as well just have it all repop automatically on month change).  You already have to wait for a manifestation to respawn, waiting for it to respawn AND flipping a coin as to whether the respawned mani has sands is a bit too much.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    It seems like the manifestation has to be alive for a certain amount of time. Not sure if it's an hour exactly. Might be a bit random as well. You definitely can't just go hunting at midnight on the 1st and expect to get any sands even if you do find manifestations.
  • Eritheyl said:
    I really like that we have class/guild printing on CGWHO, but is there a chance we could get class on GWHO as well? Limit rank to the number as it used to be to free the space up (pleeeease). Also I'd be really happy if we could remove the Paths column, and just have them visible on honours for members.
    THIS. AN ENTIRETY OF THIS
  • Would it be super OP if all manifestations killed during Avechary dropped a sand? It's so discouraging to hunt and hunt and finally find one...only for it to drop no sand. Alternatively, give them a random chance year-round to drop sands, so a city isn't screwed if they miss the one-month window.
  • Did you pick up it's corpse and get a sand from the corpse?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• No sand in corpse. This has happened every year since the change-  are they supposed to be dropping sand? I've only found 2 ever with sand.
    One thing (that's intentional) is that once a sand is gotten from a manifestation, it won't give another one, period. So if I find a sand in the Air elemental plane's mani, it won't ever get another sand that Avechary even if it respawns and lasts another hour after that.

• Ok, that is what I thought. I'm asking if it would be super OP if they dropped sands on repeat kills. Maybe make the timer longer on respawns if there is a worry that will introduce too many sands? Killing one and finding nothing sucks and the 30 hour window is rather short.
    I dunno, am ambivalent on that. In total, there are 16 potential sands to gather, which means 8 elemental lords/aspects are going to lose out every month by design. You still gotta work hard for your sands. Still, I feel that frustration in my soul.

• Well, that's why I thought having sands have a random drop chance all year would be a good option. That way, everyone can eventually empower their lords if they put in effort, but there is still a benefit to doing it ASAP.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Make manifestations not respawn for an entire month. Simple. Killing it in avechary gives sands, any other times you get nothing (unless it's still carried over from Avechary?), and it won't respawn until the next month. 

• FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    It used to do that but people complained that you could farm months before to get a monopoly on when they respawned.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    so only make it during Avechary once they're killed they don't revive until the next month

• edited May 2017
    TM INFO - Shows all cartels you are Tradesmaster for
    TM LIST - Shows cartel's CATALOGUE LIST for every cartel you are Tradesmaster for
    TM STATUS - Shows overall breakdown for submissions for all cartels you are Tradesmaster for (eg maxes/submitted)
    TM CURRENT - Shows all designs in submit/reject stage

More ideally, delete cartels and let us design our own stuff without 1 million gold investment but until then, some ideas for improving juggling the dozen+ cartels we need to own to have private IP.
  • edited May 2017
    @Breandryn I quite like the easy way cartels provide for sharing access to designs, though I wouldn't mind if they were separated out from clans. But in any case, the design system here is a fraction of the cost it is in certain other IRE games (200 credits just for the privilege of taking a trade at all, however many more to preserve a limited number of designs or else pay to renew them, clunky method of sharing designs, tens of thousands of gold just to get a single design approved and picked up, 50,000 gold just to be able to speak on market freely to advertise your designs, and then good luck finding a shop to sell them in). Compared to that, Lusternia's system is pretty streamlined and affordable (keep in mind you automatically get free access to your org's cartel and you can be made TM of someone else's, at no cost to anyone; you don't have to pay a million gold just to be able to design and craft). It's actually what drew me to this game. That said, I definitely like your TM ideas!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    New Steward command:
    COMMUNE/CITY LEDGER CLAN *clanname* INDUCT *person*

Allows the Steward to induct a person into a clan deeded to the organization (to avoid situations where you have a whole pile of clans deeded to the organization, but can't transfer them to anyone without bugging a patron because there is no active person in the clan to transfer it to).