How to get deeper into Lore and such?

AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
Hey,

so, something that's been on my mind a while and I've not found a particularly good solution to. I'm trying to actually figure out how to get a better grasp on lore of Lusternia. Not only those things that happened in the 'creation story', I got those mostly covered, but more like what happened in between. It pops up in the odd knowledge quiz and every other situation here and there. And am a little like 'how do you even find out all about this stuff?'.

I was reading through the questions of the last knowledge seal yesterday and I was like 'how do I answer any of them?'. Mostly because I wouldn't even know where to start, let a lone would have had any of that knowledge ready. This is not only interesting because there will hopefully be another knowledge seal in the future, but also because I really love the lore of lusternia and would love to delve in deeper. Plus, I think many RP situations can benefit from an odd reference to something in the past you can make.

My current only working solution is to tackle a really old player and basically beg them to tell me stories of the past. While that is fun and some people tell really well, I kind of feel like I don't want to drain people's play time all the time, just because I'm hungry for knowledge.

And there's so many odd things like finding statue's of certain vernal gods in certain places, or references here and there that I just don't get but would love to get.

so... am basically looking on hints or ideas to improve my grasp on general lusternia lore. Anybody got any hints for me?

Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.

Best Answers

• Accepted Answer
    I think a lot of folks read through all of the Events posts, as they have quite a bit of tidbits within them. Though there are of course a TON of Events that have happened over the years, so that'll undoubtedly take a while...

• Accepted Answer
    Reading the Events posts archives is a definite help. If you're in an older Order, browsing through old news posts can give you ideas of things to try to learn more about, this can also be true of guild and city/commune posts although there you have a LOT of extra stuff to comb through. What can help is if there's an event news post you find interesting, look at when it was posted and if it references any dates, then try to triage the city/guild news for up to 10 years prior/any dates mentioned and see if you can find ones referencing the event.

The great libraries, guild libraries and stages can also be a wealth of information that other players have put together and presented/found worth preserving. For great libraries you'll want to browse by scholarly, or else see if your library actually makes good use of the catalogue system, or just title search keywords and see if you get anything good. Stage performances I know Lendren has a couple of historically-based performances. Also worth asking around to see if anyone has copies of literature written by NPCs that were quest rewards (Tip: bug Iytha)

Finally, quests! I'd recommend trying to hit the various Voices quests, if you haven't already, especially Trialante and Rhapsody for Vernal lore. Scorpion Caverns is pretty interesting as well. Caoimhe Dell is good, I've heard fantastic things about Morn'Hai but last I looked it seemed like it might be broken(?). There's lots of others, of course, but those are the ones that spring immediately to mind.

• Accepted Answer
    Trialante's quest is in the Hifarae Hills, off a hidden exit. It's not an honour quest, but it does have a lot of information, both about Trialante and Charune, but also the Sileni race and the Vernal Goddess Kiakoda. 

Rhapsody's quest starts on the boat in the Inner Sea. Also not an honour quest, but does give a journal recording events of the Vernal wars (the journal resets eventually)

As gm of one of the bard guilds, Allyrianne's usually quite happy to help people learn more about the Voices, so if you want to get in touch ic, I'll see if I can give you a more detailed rundown of some of this. 

Answers

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @Allyrianne I am not 100% sure about those 'voices' quests. At least, I've not run into them yet, but I'll definitely keep looking. That was a wealth of information, thank you.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • I think a few people mentioned books as rewards? Do all of the books reset? I like to collect things and I think it'll be nice to put them in my manse library.
  • Nievea said:
    I think a few people mentioned books as rewards? Do all of the books reset? I like to collect things and I think it'll be nice to put them in my manse library.
    The book rewards reset, but you can ask a bookbinder to copy them for you so that you can keep a personal copy for yourself.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord

Thax said:
    Nievea said:
    I think a few people mentioned books as rewards? Do all of the books reset? I like to collect things and I think it'll be nice to put them in my manse library.
    The book rewards reset, but you can ask a bookbinder to copy them for you so that you can keep a personal copy for yourself.
    I think some org libraries archived copies as well (I even think a library tried to publish an archived copy to increase their library score and got their reputation tarnished for it).
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    (when things calm down, would love a way to get the Grimbach/Dumaliel book and their completed songs. Never did manage to fit those fragments together)
  • A timeline on the website would be super helpful. You could link events to relevant further reading like events posts.