God Blogs

Comments

• Falaeron said:
    Shedrin said:

I'm really not the greatest roleplayer but that's a small fun thing to me.
    So many people relate "good roleplaying" to  being able to write long-form emotes every time they interact with anyone, but to me, being able to stay in character at all times and portray what you want to portray, even if it is just simply through speech, is much more important. I think you nail it in this regard.

I think it is more of a difference in types of games. Where other MUDs(/MUSH) have time compressed and happen as long as it needs (ie, 3 hours of RL time may only be 30 minutes of IG time), having long-form emotes is better in those type of games. Whereas Lusternia, everything is more or less happening in real time (or at least in context of the game's time system), having short moments between people's poses is more ideal to most players.

I suppose it could be that maybe newer players come from those MUSH where long emotes are standard and dialogue is less of a thing compared to actions, so they just assume that type of RP.
  • Falaeron said:
    Shedrin said:

So many people relate "good roleplaying" to  being able to write long-form emotes every time they interact with anyone, but to me, being able to stay in character at all times and portray what you want to portray, even if it is just simply through speech, is much more important. I think you nail it in this regard.

Well it's a good bit easier when your character is 95% of the time an emotionless robot.

Isune: [...] The big thing was communication and coordinating that between the Pantheon and Clan and making sure we were all on the same page, knew what was coming next, set expectations, all those fun coordination tasks.

I think you guys did an excellent job. It felt very collaborative throughout the process.

This year in particular has been great in terms of communication and collaboration between players and admins, in all aspects of the game. I've been through times where it's felt like admins and players hated each other, and this is a stark contrast. Thank you to everyone on the admin team for being a part of that.

• Sadly, I could not be around for most of Hallifax's events but I loved the stories about them and how everything was solved. (Thy still needs to see every guild hall and will probably get lost in them...)
    Isune: Just one... Spoilers!
    Now I have this image stuck in my head.

• @kalikai sorry if it felt we weren't joining in. I dont think as many people raid on the norm as you think,  though... It wasn't just the event, but us simply staying true to our characters, which I took as a sign of a well done event. It inspired controversy and discussion and had us think what our characters would do in an uncomfortable and dangerous situation.
  • @Drocilla

I had a lot of fun springing traps, and I have questions galore that I hope are someday answered! Thank you for all of your work on the events! I'm excited to see where my new guild goes and what else is in store for the city.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Awww, I'm flattered to have gotten a mention. It's like being in an event post, but slightly cooler. It was my favorite event moment, probably out of all events. I'm so glad you indulged it.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Isune said:
    Thyelleia said:
    Sadly, I could not be around for most of Hallifax's events but I loved the stories about them and how everything was solved. (Thy still needs to see every guild hall and will probably get lost in them...)
    Isune: Just one... Spoilers!
    Now I have this image stuck in my head.

Totally a River Song fangirl right here <3B) And not shy about outright saying 'Spoilers' to the Hallifax Faction Planning Clan too when we have surprises even for them!  >:)
    You should reveal these spoilers, @Isune .  Reveal all the spoilers.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I can't tell you how excited I was that not only did denizens start responding to my questions about creating a ritual to contain Fiabelhie, but that you actually let me design it AND use it, and it WORKED! And then you threw in that heart-wrenching decision with Dain, and really brought an emotional punch to it. I was so honored :) .

This goes down as one of my favorite events, too. From the bit of Serenguard lore brought to terrifying life, to the emotional impact, to the release of the new factions, @SerenAdmin, you did a fantastic, amazing, perfect job. No amount of thanks is enough :) .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Phoebus said:
    Shedrin said:
    Falaeron said:
    Shedrin said:

Well it's a good bit easier when your character is 95% of the time an emotionless robot.
    You should give yourself more credit! Reactions don't have to be emotional to be engaging and enjoyable. Shedrin is a consistently played character with a well-defined personality; I think you do a great job making him feel like a real character with his own unique presence. 
    Define "presence". <3
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Hegemone said:

I had a lot of fun springing traps.
    Thank Estarra for you cutting that first wire!
  • Falaeron said:
    On event-driven raids, I do want to note that from a player perspective, being on the defending side of these things is actually really frustrating, because ultimately we know it's not our event and more often than not there's just no recourse. It will end up feeling like we just have to let the raiding party (whether that is players and/or mobs) "win". The flip side of this is that we just have to "lose".
    Should probably just treat it like any other raid. The event won't grind to a halt because the raiders can murderize you better than you can murderize them. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited May 2017
    Fyler said:
    Falaeron said:
    On event-driven raids, I do want to note that from a player perspective, being on the defending side of these things is actually really frustrating, because ultimately we know it's not our event and more often than not there's just no recourse. It will end up feeling like we just have to let the raiding party (whether that is players and/or mobs) "win". The flip side of this is that we just have to "lose".
    Should probably just treat it like any other raid. The event won't grind to a halt because the raiders can murderize you better than you can murderize them. 
    Well -- yeah. Obviously we did treat it like a raid; I went and raised war shrine discretionaries and my meld (which got the PLAYERS killed), but Gaudiguch had a literal angry mob of 40 dracnari storming into the city that were about twice as strong each as a nexus guard. So if they got on you, they'd just kill you. Never figured out if they could break shields or not, though. By the time we kinda go organized enough to deal with a tide of NPCs as opposed to players, the event was over. It ended before I could convince Shedrin to raise Zvoltz war shrine things too, which is a shame, because I wanted to see 2 wraths ripping into people :d

There was also a slight panic and frustration because we didn't have a Minister of Security when the event began, which meant no city enemying and no nexus discretionaries. Isune helped us out in that pinch, thank you <3

I'm eternally thankful that the Gaudi admin saw fit to not wreck too much of our city...like, seriously. Thanks for not breaking our Primary Generator or anything like that.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Maligorn said:
    Fyler said:
    Falaeron said:
    Well -- yeah. Obviously we did treat it like a raid; I went and raised war shrine discretionaries and my meld (which got the PLAYERS killed), but Gaudiguch had a literal angry mob of 40 dracnari storming into the city that were about twice as strong each as a nexus guard. So if they got on you, they'd just kill you. Never figured out if they could break shields or not, though. By the time we kinda go organized enough to deal with a tide of NPCs as opposed to players, the event was over. It ended before I could convince Shedrin to raise Zvoltz war shrine things too, which is a shame, because I wanted to see 2 wraths ripping into people :d

There was also a slight panic and frustration because we didn't have a Minister of Security when the event began, which meant no city enemying and no nexus discretionaries. Isune helped us out in that pinch, thank you <3

I'm eternally thankful that the Gaudi admin saw fit to not wreck too much of our city...like, seriously. Thanks for not breaking our Primary Generator or anything like that.
    It's not Gaudiguch's fault that Hallifax sent mobs into Gaudi to blow up the guildhalls. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Pshaw. That was clearly a Gaudiguchian secret society led by one Ziamu. (That's my headcanon anyway).

• My only real issue with the event was certain players in Gaudi being like "Why should we bother looking into things? It's a faction event. No point in doing anything other than let it happen." when other players were trying to get something out of the event.

I mean I don't want to say Ziamu was correct in calling some players "useless", but he was definitely not wrong.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Kalikai's raid was fun for my character, trying to balance her desire for justice with her desire to protect her family. I ended up splitting off from the main group and entering through the side to find them and get them out (even got waylayed by Auriella who was kind enough to stop when she saw I wasn't fighting back and let me explain). It was a while lot of fun that wasn't expected, but I am sorry I didn't get to be foaming at the mouth like I wanted to.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Danquik said:
    My only real issue with the event was certain players in Gaudi being like "Why should we bother looking into things? It's a faction event. No point in doing anything other than let it happen." when other players were trying to get something out of the event.

I mean I don't want to say Ziamu was correct in calling some players "useless", but he was definitely not wrong.
    This. Absolutely effing this. 

When I logged in to my Gaudi and discovered that the guilds had gone kablooey, my first reaction was to ask a former guild master what had happened. His response was, and I quote, "the gods deleted our guilds". 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Well, I for one really enjoyed Celest's events. And watching the other ones unfold. It was fun and interactive and I felt at least that there was something to do each time I logged in. So thank you to @alldivine that helped with them.

Yeah sure, everyone knew it was factions event, but who cares. If they'd just released the new guilds without an event that would have bee boring. And this event helped me come out my shell a little in regards to events, I tend to shy away from them but this time I took a chance with a little encouragement of course from @Cassander .