QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• Heartsblood Ilthilior Erid'in, Adjudicator in Voidcopper says, "I will take any male you provide."

You get no context. He was talking to me. And it really wasn't that bad. But this happened. I'm still rolling. /dead
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Struggling with a massive hunk of driftwood, one chunky dove flutters over the city before becoming
    overwhelmed with the driftwood's weight, plummeting into the city of New Celest with a loud whistle,
    thunk, and questionable sound halfway between a 'splat' and and a 'splorch'.

(After a search of the city)

(Celest) Kagato: "Has anyone seen anything out of the ordinary within the city? I just saw a dove fly
    into the city carrying a piece of driftwood only to go splat somewhere within the city limits."
    (Celest) Velgen: "They just don't make doves like they used to."
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Curiously, Glimmer of Moondust, Cairxauhoyol says, "Abeytu is a male name?"

Masala snickers softly to herself.

You nod your head at Cairxauhoyol.

Glimmer of Moondust, Cairxauhoyol says, "He seems unusually tall for a male."

You say to Cairxauhoyol, "I suspect you have the same problem with non-Kephera as most surfacers do with Kephera."

You say to Cairxauhoyol, "What about me? I'm tall."

You have emoted: Everiine stands up straight and tall.

Cairxauhoyol nods her head in agreement.

Masala tilts her head curiously.

Glimmer of Moondust, Cairxauhoyol says, "You are very tall and a great leader, yes? Clearly a female."

You utter a deep, rumbling laugh.

You say to Cairxauhoyol, "So long as those are connected, you may continue to think that."
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Reality shifts, the sky tinging into whispering veils of changing paradigms as the weirdly-echoing voice of Mysrai intones, "Come, are these the only ones who shall come forth to test the might of their chest within this contest?"

Grizzly Munsia D'cente`, The Sharp Fanged thunders, "Only if Scuchi Mabuchi were still alive."

Warlord Morshoth Ryseni, the Kooky Konfectioner shouts, "Nobody's melons can compete with ours, it seems!"

Grizzly Munsia D'cente`, The Sharp Fanged thunders, "Everyone else pales in comparison since."

(The Canvas): Isune says, "How utterly vulgar."

Oari K'ian Doim Elanorwen Nightshade shouts, "Faeling chests don't tend to be the most durable or buxom... but I guess we can arrange a few penumbras."

(The Canvas): You say, "I...I don't even understand what they're talking about anymore."

Warlord Morshoth Ryseni, the Kooky Konfectioner shouts, "Work what Mother Night gave ya!"

(The Canvas): Isune says, "Never you mind, dear. Merely melons, a most misunderstood fruit."

Penitent Pectus shouts, "I would, but I fear I no longer exist. A pity!"

(The Canvas): You say, "I've always liked melon."

(The Canvas): Volucer says, "Euch. Fruit."

(The Canvas): Volucer says, "If you're going to have a contest, it should be for meat."

(The Canvas): Isune says, "Sadly, I believe that statement is not entirely inaccurate in this situation, Volucer."

(The Canvas): Volucer says, "I don't get it."

(The Canvas): You say, "Oh, I wouldn't worry! I don't either."

<3 Volucer.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    He sounds an awful lot like Xenthos.  :o
  • You say, "I steal my quill feathers from postal wakabis."
    Diamine gives you a horrified gasp.
    You say, "Ones they've shed!"
    Comprehension flashes across Diamine's face.
    You say, "I am not chasing wakabis around plucking feathers."

Admittedly, it is a hilarious image of Alary running after postal wakabi trying to steal their feathers.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    So, yeah. I flew over the Forsaken warriors in Climanti earlier, trying to explore. I found a few ice spectres, and thought I'd hunt them down.
    [System]: Target set: ICE.
    ---------- v24092 -----------

[_]
                  | 
    -[ ]-[ ]     [+]
            \     | 
             [ ]-[ ]-[ ]
                        \
                         [ ]-[ ]-

--------- -6:-5:-12 ---------
    Among shards of broken glass. (road).
    The shadowy outline of a twisted forest casts a dark gloom here. It is well below freezing and your 
    breath is a white haze. The broken steps have been mutilated by some awesome force, the ground 
    covered entirely in tiny shards of glass that gloomily reflect any light that reaches here, making 
    this pathway dangerous by night and unpleasant during the day. Above, one can see a desecrated 
    building has attempted to collapse, and now leans dangerously against another edifice, causing a 
    makeshift bridge while casting a great, looming shadow over the area; some large chunks of stone 
    having fallen around the area, violently breaking up the stairs. The lower tier of the city from 
    this vantage point is in a sad state, the southern wall broken in most places, buildings fallen down 
    along with spires poking up from the stiff ground, a forlorn experience though the majesty of the 
    valley beyond takes one's breath away. There are 2 ice spectres here.
    You see exits leading north, south, and up.
    5878h, 6096m, 6096e, 10p, 22938en, 21918w Bexk-
    Sending: generator beam ice
    Pressing your finger into the round trigger hole in the base of your beam generator sends reagents 
    racing through conduits to the opposite end where a spark ignites at the three-pronged crystal tip. 
    With a loud burst, a beam of blue-white light shoots from your generator and slams into an ice 
    spectre, burning the air around him as the energy spreads across his body.
    5878h, 5996m, 6096e, 10p, 22938en, 21888w Bxk-(-100 Mana) 
    A Forsaken warrior appears in a bitter swirl of snow.
    5878h, 5996m, 6096e, 10p, 22940en, 21904w Bxk-
    With a howl, an ice spectre passes through your warm body, siphoning away heat and chilling you down 
    to the bone.
    5436h, 5996m, 6096e, 10p, 22940en, 21904w Bxk-(-442 Health) 
    A Forsaken warrior exclaims, "You do be earning death for trespassing here, Entrias!"
    A Forsaken warrior exclaims, "You do be earning death for trespassing here, Entrias!"
    5436h, 5996m, 6096e, 10p, 22940en, 21904w Bxk-
    5436h, 5996m, 6096e, 10p, 22940en, 21904w Bxk-
    You have recovered equilibrium. (4.288s)
    5436h, 6071m, 6096e, 10p, 22940en, 21904w Bexk-(+75 Mana) 
    An ice spectre scrapes at your face with frigid, gnarled claws, leaving you frostbitten and bloody.
    A Forsaken warrior draws his painted hands together, arching fingers and shifting positions just so, 
    lining up painted markings.
    You scream hideously, crumbling to the ground and grasping at your head as a thousand unheard voices 
    become heard.
    A Forsaken warrior draws his painted hands together, arching fingers and shifting positions just so, 
    lining up painted markings.
    You scream hideously, crumbling to the ground and grasping at your head as a thousand unheard voices 
    become heard.
    A Forsaken warrior hacks at your left ear, and blood fills your ear canal, making you somewhat dizzy.
    Flourishing a sword of tusk and ice above his head, a Forsaken warrior takes a swing at you. The 
    strike to your right arm bursts an artery and blood spurts in all directions.
    A prickly stinging overcomes your body, fading away into numbness.
    A Forsaken warrior hacks at your left ear, and blood fills your ear canal, making you somewhat dizzy.
    A Forsaken warrior strikes deep into your right foot, pinning it down with a sword of tusk and ice. 
    You involuntarily crumple to a crouch and can think of nothing but freeing your impaled foot.
    Flourishing a sword of tusk and ice above his head, a Forsaken warrior takes a swing at you. The 
    strike to your right arm bursts an artery and blood spurts in all directions.
    A prickly stinging overcomes your body, fading away into numbness.
    You have been slain by a Forsaken warrior.
    You become visible once more.
    You come back into focus as the blur illusion vanishes.
    (p) 0h, 6071m, 6096e, 10p, 22940en, 21920w BesSix-
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    They do not like house guests who try to sneak by their welcoming party.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    They totally zerged. How lame.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Celina said:
    They totally zerged. How lame.
    I've seen them enter the room with me flying, then fall to the ground... made me facepalm so hard.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Weird deathsights:
    Ciaran has been turned into wood by the slaps of Herla Ysav'rai of the Murder.

• Xenthos said:
    Weird deathsights:
    Ciaran has been turned into wood by the slaps of Herla Ysav'rai of the Murder.

Barktouch!
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    The world tilts as you sense Synkarin challenge the Domotheos of War.
    - few seconds later -
    (Disciples of Klangratch): You say, "/gank."

Synkarin has been beaten to a pulp by a champion of war.
    You see the death occur at among fields of corpses.  (14883)
    From your knowledge, that room is in Realms of the Nine Domoth.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    (Market): Xeria says, "Looking for a cok!"
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    (Anonymous): Kelly (from the Realm of the Crown of the Exalted) says, "After them."
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    edited May 2013
    Merians, stormtroopers, and viscanti have all combined forces?  While riding Gaudiguchian beasts and some weird Hallifaxian future-tech in a pyromancer's demesne?

I'm confused.  What are Stormtroopers doing in Lusternia? :(
    Xenthos said:
    Merians, stormtroopers, and viscanti have all combined forces?  While riding Gaudiguchian beasts and some weird Hallifaxian future-tech in a pyromancer's demesne?

Since I couldn't find a proper image with the "After them!" caption, Kelly found a picture that she liked and I decided to use it. If I can find a more suited one I'll replace it.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Neos said:
    Xenthos said:

Since I couldn't find a proper image with the "After them!" caption, Kelly found a picture that she liked and I decided to use it. If I can find a more suited one I'll replace it.
    I don't see a caption, and the picture's title says "charge".   :-<
  • While insane:

A lean aslaran hunter rubs up against your torso.

;)
    Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?
  • Dynami said:
    While insane:

A lean aslaran hunter rubs up against your torso.

;)
    Bow chica... meow-meow?
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Sitting at the nexus...just another day....

suddenly grows longer.
    The curled corpse of a spider falls to the ground from the branches of the Master Ravenwood Tree.
    7130h, 7632m, 6541e, 10p, 23630en, 29690w elrxkdb-
    (Peasantface): Xenthos (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "Because there is a vision of him being high! 
    And so high that he didn't care about anything else."
    The curled corpse of a spider falls to the ground from the branches of the Master Ravenwood Tree.
    (Market): Kio says, "Seeking a jeweler."
    The sound of drums rings violently in the air before falling back to a hushed rhythm.
    You have slain Lydin.
    stratagem clear
    You clear your mind, no longer preparing to act.
    Herla suddenly inhales deeply.
    7130h, 7632m, 6541e, 10p, 23630en, 29690w elrxkdb-clt the hell
    (Peasantface): You say, "The hell."

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENED. UNLIMITED POWAAAA
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I've had that one before, I randomly killed Marcella when she died to someone else in the arena.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• A small shrubbery (Female Demigoddess Changeling).
    She is 268 years old, having been born on the 21st of Dvarsh, 85 years after the Coming of Estarra.
    She is ranked 1st in Lusternia.
    She is an extremely credible character.
    She is the presiding Blooded Chancellor of the Blood House of D'cente`.
    She is a Planar Drifter in the Fellowship of Explorers.
    She is an enemy of your city.
    She is an enemy of your guild.
    She is an enemy of your guild's associated organisation.
    She is an enemy of your Divine Order.
    She is a graduate of the Empyreal Academy, the College of Necromantic & Tainted Research (honours), and the Order of the Secret Flame.
    She is the clan head of the clan called 'House D'cente`.'
    She is a mentor and able to take on proteges.
    Her motto: 'Noblesse Oblige.'
    She is considered to be approximately 645% of your might.
    She has taken the hand of Arimisia D'cente` <b: Mes'ard> in marriage.
    She has been divorced 4 times.
    She is a founder of the House of D'cente`.
    See HONOURS FULL MUNSIA to view her 20 special honours.

Ok kids, the betting pool is now open