What are you watching?

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Of the three, Adventure Zone is probably the most rewarding. It's the podcast I most look forward to fortnight after fortnight. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited March 2017
    I am watching a trailer for a reboot of DuckTales, with David Tennant as Scrooge McDuck. My inner child is very happy right now.
  • The season is winding down, and it's been a fun season.

I'm ending my Netflix subscription in April because I'm not using it enough to get my money's worth, but I'm enjoying [the first 25 episodes of] Death Note one more time before they pull the plug on me. I've never seen a show start so strong and go so terribly off the rails, but that first half is still pure gold so far.

Any suggestions for absolute must-see movies or show that can only be [legally] found on Netflix?
    I used to make cakes.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Daraius said:
    I'm ending my Netflix subscription in April because I'm not using it enough to get my money's worth, but I'm enjoying [the first 25 episodes of] Death Note one more time before they pull the plug on me. I've never seen a show start so strong and go so terribly off the rails, but that first half is still pure gold so far.
    This is the story of Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda. Half way through the second season they fired the executive producer, who took the series Bible with him. The writers continued on the stories they knew about for another half to full season, and then it... well... yeah.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Daraius said:

Any suggestions for absolute must-see movies or show that can only be [legally] found on Netflix?
    It was suggested to me that I stop watching Death Note when he triumphed.  So I did.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited March 2017
    Death Note. <3 I used to borrow the manga from friends in high school and I remember anxiously waiting for one friend's bus to arrive so I could finally learn what happened next. XD
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited March 2017

Nura Rise of the Yokai Clan (ep. 4 eng dub )

• Daraius said:

If you're ending it in april, you won't be able to watch this:

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Lerad said:
    Daraius said:

If you're ending it in april in North America, you won't be able to watch this:

FTFY
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Netflix has region lock? Lol. Sorry, my bad. >_>

Rick and Morty season 3 premier is streaming on loop for today only!

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams
    I used to make cakes.

• Top ten Buffy episodes on Syfy, woo! Also the Power Rangers movie was surprisingly great.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Song of the Sea is gorgeous, haunting, and packed with more Irish and Gaelic folklore than you can shake a sail éille at.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Luce said:
    Song of the Sea is gorgeous, haunting, and packed with more Irish and Gaelic folklore than you can shake a sail éille at.
    It's one of my favorite non-American non-Japanese animated films. Top three easily.
    I saw Song of Lunch for the first time.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    The Last Kingdom (on Netflix). I have not seen a show this good in ages (since I stopped watching Game of Thrones). Season 2 -finally- came out a little while ago, and it is so incredible and realistic and feels-causing I don't even.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

Bill Nye's new show is pretty disappointing.  :(
    I used to make cakes.

I'm trying not to let myself get drawn back into Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda, no matter how great the first two (even three) seasons were.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Everiine said:
    I'm trying not to let myself get drawn back into Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda, no matter how great the first two (even three) seasons were.
    i looked it up. Such a blast from from the past!
    It is! I got hooked on it in high school. Many aspects of it were unique at the time. But then they fired the creator, sold it to SyFy, and made it a crappy Dylan-centric pseudo-supernatural BS fest.

Friend said I should give the Gundam shows a try. So now I'm watching Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, and oh my gosh...?! I had no idea it was so politically complex, and I love me some telenovela-level love triangles. I always thought this was just fancy pantsy mech action fluff! But there's plot and it's good so far.
    Daraius said:
  • edited May 2017
    Everiine said:
    It is! I got hooked on it in high school. Many aspects of it were unique at the time. But then they fired the creator, sold it to SyFy, and made it a crappy Dylan-centric pseudo-supernatural BS fest.
    Bwaha i recognized Kevin sorbo. He will forever be Hercules to me. That cinamatography! bad guys who rush the hero ONE by one? HA! so nostalgic! and so cheesy.
    Ordassa said:
    Everiine said:
    Bwaha i recognized Kevin sorbo. He will forever be Hercules to me. That cinamatography! bad guy who rush the hero ONE by one? HA! so nostalgic! and so cheesy.
    In the very first episode, one of the other characters describes Sorbo's character as very tall, "like a Greek god or something!"

• Finally saw La La Land. I understand now why Amy Adams lost to Emma Stone. My head is full of so many thoughts and I am so inspired - what a beautiful, bittersweet and somehow fantastic-yet-honest sendoff to chasing one's dreams and the importance of supporting the dreamers. Intriguing commentary on the entertainment industry and escapism. Left with a lot to think about and am probably going to do a rewatch tonight. >_<
  • Saw first episode of American Gods on Amazon. Something different to wake up to
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Kistan said:
    Saw first episode of American Gods on Amazon. Something different to wake up to
    Is it worth it?
  • Selenity said:
    Kistan said:
    Saw first episode of American Gods on Amazon. Something different to wake up to
    Is it worth it?
    More blood and nudity than I was expecting (curse you game of Thrones).

But i enjoyed the book so I'll watch again
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Also watched first episode of "American Gods". Not read the book, but had it in hands like four times. So far, It's been actually interesting, but nothing can be said about a show from episode one.... we'll see how it develops. Actually looks interesting though.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.