Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia!

SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
edited May 2017 in Mafia Hideout
Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia!

These rules are stolen from Sylandra (and Silvanus)... with an additional rule, rule 14!

The Rules
  1. Votes MUST be in bold to count. (ex. Vote Sylandra)
  2. Once a majority has been reached, the day ends. Anything that happens after a final vote will not happen, including unvotes to bring the target below the minimum threshold, unless a power explicitly allows this.
  3. You are not allowed to post in the thread during the night phases.
  4. You are not allowed to communicate with each other outside the thread unless your role specifically allows you to do this.
  5. Once you are eliminated, you are not allowed to post in the thread during the day phase unless your role explicitly allows this.
  6. You are not allowed to quote your role PM. 
  7. Do not discuss game details outside of the game.
  8. If you go inactive, please let me know so I can find a replacement player. (Those interested in being a replacement player, please message me for a waitlist!)
  9. You're not allowed to edit your posts. Doublepost instead if you want to clarify something.
  10. You must be sportsmanlike. If you are rude or inflammatory to the point that the game ceases to be enjoyable for the rest of the players, I reserve the right to modvig you out of the game. Mafia may be a game about emotional manipulation and deceit, but it's still a game! Have fun with it. But most importantly, be respectful.
  11. The game will end when either the town or the mafia have reached their victory condition.
  12. Dayphases will last no longer than a RL week. If seven days go by without a lynch, the Nightphase will immediately begin.
  13. Nightphases will last no longer than 48 hours. If night actions are not delivered at the end of the night phase, it will be read as no action.
  14. Please be aware you may end up revived!

Movers of the Four Nations

1. @Silvanus - Alive
  2. @Zitto - Alive
  3. @Othero - Alive
  4. @Sylandra - Alive
  5. @Lehki - Alive
  6. @Portius - Dead, Ozai (Fire Nation)
  7. @Czixi - Alive
  8. @Phoebus - Dead, Appa
  9. @Yomoigu - Alive
  10. @Eldanien - Alive
  11. @Tremula - Dead, Azula (Fire Nation)
  12. @Falaeron - Alive
  13. @Breandryn - Alive
  14. @Shaddus - Alive
  15. @Fyler - Alive
  16. @Arix - Alive

Comments

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    INTRO

Water...
    Earth...
    Fire...
    Air...

Long ago, the Four Nations lived together in Harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them. But when the world needed him most, he vanished.

A hundred years passed, and my brother and I discovered the new Avatar: an airbender named Aang. And although his airbending skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone. But I believe... Aang can save the world.

Day One: With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    *sips tea and waits patiently*
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Heya everyone, I'm checking in.  Help a new guy out, anyone have conjectures about the numbers of team avatar vs fire nation (vs...?)?  I'm still new enough that I'm not sure how team breakdowns tend to work, and I expect a large part of that tends to be local culture like the day-1-no-lynch thing.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Hey hey. Rule #14 is interesting right off the bat. Revivals can happen! Curious to see how that goes.

@Eldanien at this point I would guess based on precedent a 3-4 size scum team, give or take a third party role or two. But every game is different (see: Elder Wars). We will get a better feel as it progresses I think!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Just doing the traditional check-in so people know that I'm paying attention.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Hello!

Having observed how mad the mafia games here tend to be I am slightly hesitant to rely upon any assumptions about numbers.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Good morning!

I generally designed a game where the non town can never make up more than 33% of player base, I would conjecture at most 5 non town members. 
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Guys how have you forgotten that it's two mafia with a chosen one to unite them? Aang is the bad guy obviously, trying to unite a mad bender from each nation.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Hello game, I am present. Just as a heads up, I might be a little sporadic soon as it's almost finals time for me, but once we pass the 18th I'll be free of my main distraction, schoolwork, and can fully focus on the important things, like forums mafia.
  • Hihi, checking in. I haven't done mafia since the old forums, so please bear with me. Also I have a game Friday nights but I also have a tablet no so I can check in from there without annoying the gm, since my books are largely pdf

• Hey, checking in. I hope Aang proves to be the true villain.
  • It looks like it is good manners to check in, so hello
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    Did I miss where it says there are two mafia groups?
    Falaeron said:
    Did I miss where it says there are two mafia groups?
    I'm pretty sure people are just joking around and don't actually assume this is the case.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I was referencing Pokèmafia. In all seriousness, I'd predict either a 3 scum 2 third parties or 4 scum 1 third party killing.

Admittedly if Selenity has any original roles or wacky, rare ones, they could replace the third party killing role in the second combination.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Checking in, hey. Rule 14 being so blatant makes me suspect there's something more than just somebody has a revive going on
  • My theory for a possible third party is a cultist Guru Pathik, converting people by making them drink the onion and banana beverage.
  • Bah, cactus juice > enlightenment juice.  Nothing is quenchier.  It's the quenchiest!

Placing bets on third party killer: Cabbages guy. He finally snapped and will have his revenge.
  • Uhh, at the risk of outing myself as a 3rd party (I don't think I am?), what team is town? I am aligned with Avatar and assumed that was town, but now everyone saying Aang might turn (haven't seen the show) has me all confused.
  • You can assume anything you want, but best to keep those assumptions to yourself

• Just going to go ahead and VOTE: NONE since it's day one and nothing's happened yet.
  • VOTE NONE because for some reason that didn't bold
  • wait yes it did. Dammit stupid half-assed bolding
    Breandryn said:
    Uhh, at the risk of outing myself as a 3rd party (I don't think I am?), what team is town? I am aligned with Avatar and assumed that was town, but now everyone saying Aang might turn (haven't seen the show) has me all confused.
    You should probably be PMing Selenity about any role confusion, not asking the rest of us if you're a good guy or not.
  • Breandryn said:
    Uhh, at the risk of outing myself as a 3rd party (I don't think I am?), what team is town? I am aligned with Avatar and assumed that was town, but now everyone saying Aang might turn (haven't seen the show) has me all confused.
    I'm pretty sure they're just joking around about Selenity throwing us weird curve balls "plot" wise.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    edited May 2017
    Alright, my fault for not being clear.

If your win condition is that you win with Team Avatar, that means nobody should be left from the Fire Nation. None. Zip. Nada. That's how Team Avatar wins.

If your win condition is that you win with the Fire Nation, that means if the number of people in the Fire Nation is equal to or greater than vote majority, then the Fire Nation wins. Basically a standard mafia win.

There you go. No more confusion there.
  • Nice post! I was really just trying to be funny by saying Aang would roll us. 
  • I thought you were rooting for the Equalists.