Songs That Represent Characters/Places/People/Anything

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Half jokingly, Solstice.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Oooh another...

After the Penumbra, when everyone is all gussied up and pretty-fied.

If Gaudi had Penumbras. Then this.

• edited May 2013
    Rowena, pre-taint: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q2SlKu6WDM

The Wyrd (Because the Wyrd is so totally some sort of electric crazy) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5chqYZ7ZeU

Astraea, to Celina, on a dark summer night when there's nothing going on in the SD's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0DJUTgkUIA

Meridian during the Elder Wars: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzKmsWuObhg
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Astraea said:
    Astraea, to Celina, on a dark summer night when there's nothing going on in the SD's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0DJUTgkUIA
    Mmph.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Eritheyl said:
    Astraea said:
    Mmph.
    Kinky. Now I'm quite jealous.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    edited May 2013
    A song for Ev:

How Ev would like to feel during a fight:

How Ev actually feels during a fight:

(guess which end I'm on...)
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I can't take credit for the association, but Xyl and Lucidians

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

For some reason when I think of Xyl and Lucidians, this pops into my head:

Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• @Everiine: Hooray for Skies of Arcadia! I played it on the Dreamcast when it first came out.
    Cadfael said:
    @Everiine: Hooray for Skies of Arcadia! I played it on the Dreamcast when it first came out.
    Blame @Maellio. It's his fault I know anything about it.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited May 2013
    Rivius: 

Don't ask why. It's what pops into my head.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited May 2013
    Rivius said:
    Rivius: 

Don't ask why. It's what pops into my head.
    Release your inner hamster.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Alary, upon someone threatening her close friends/city/Order: My Toot-Toot
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • edited May 2013
    Riluna, ever since her return to the Serenwilde and later the Dancers.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Riluna I agree with the sound choice, except a little less mysterious! 

Riluna said:
    Riluna, ever since her return to the Serenwilde and later the Dancers.

is dead like the dodo
  • Any time I'm anywhere near an i'Xiia. In particular, that's an extremely accurate representation of how the Asylum works.
  • Is this like death metal rap dubstep? I don't hate it, but I cannot place genre at all.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • edited May 2013
    Xeria's view of Morkarion:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lzQ8GDBA8Is" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

is dead like the dodo
  • Svorai said:
    *dies*

I listen to this song on repeat at work when I'm feeling the doggest of dog-tireds.  Man, I had all the feels during that movie.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Whenever Morkarion's about to murder well.. anything, this is pretty much his thought process: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0TzUNti3rY

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• That song forever reminds me of ponies. Now Morkarion is forever related to ponies. It cannot be undone. 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I believe that they are referred to as "bronies".
  • I wish I had an erudite analysis for why I chose Weber's "Invitation to the Dance" to represent Irillia. But really, I just think it's lovely, and it fits the elegance, civility and endless artistic discovery that has characterized her life in Hallifax. 
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
  • Xenthos said:
    I believe that they are referred to as "bronies".
    Well, I wasn't going to go that far. But now I have the mental picture of Morkarion prancing with and murdering ponies. There is a pink mare in game named PinkiePie, this could happen.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Yes but Pinkie Pie is a terrible pony, only useful for Portal 2 AMV Hell skits.

Also I've been using that song for character inspiration for Morkarion (in other games, where rather similar) since before FiM came out. So don't worry too much about Morkarion and ponies, he uses a Wyvern anyway.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!