We are formalizing a process whereby you can add an alias to an item (a
box to become a chest, for example) for customizations. This costs an
extra 25cr over and above the normal customization amount (total 75
credits). This is only available after admin review and will not be
allowed in all circumstances (i.e., a musical instrument still can't
become cloak and a shield still can't become a ring). It must be
requested by emailing artifacts@lusternia.com and not through the
CUSTOMIZE command.

Penned by My hand on the 25th of Estar, in the year 475 CE.

SO MUCH THANK YOU.

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Now we need a way to customize room text when artifacts do their thing.  It'll screw with system builders a bit, but it would be worth it I think.

Question for the Godmins:  If such an item is customized, will it no longer be possible to aethergoop customize it?  Or can one aethergoop customize it, and thus others might be able to transform their artifacts to the new noun/alias?

• I think Eldanien raises a good point. If it's something with the potential to screw with curing/systems/combat, then somewhere down the line, that potential for an unintended mistake will probably happen. If you're formalizing a process now, you might want also build in a clear contingency plan to resolve such potential fuss in the future - be it seriously considering the possibility of a refund and reversion, or some other way of making sure you don't alienate someone who wants to make his character look nice in the future without intention of screwing with combat.

• There are no instances of combat where the noun of the object is important, especially after the warrior overhaul.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • @ianir / @estarra does this mean we should bug the static combat lines?

From memory, there are some druidry lines that don't get your weapons short_desc and instead just say "your cudgel". Don't know about other similar classes.
  • Saran said:
    does this mean we should bug the static combat lines?

From memory, there are some druidry lines that don't get your weapons short_desc and instead just say "your cudgel". Don't know about other similar classes.
    My initial answer is no. Coder time is already limited and difficult to come by, I don't feel this is a particularly sane use of it (especially since many instances may require large skill recodes). Estarra may disagree.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Yarith said:
    There are no instances of combat where the noun of the object is important, especially after the warrior overhaul.
    Hey, you never know. They might very well create something where it IS important in the future. Eldanien was talking about artifacts too, and he has a point. There might be people who trigger off some artifact stuff without regex/wildcards because there was no need... until customisation appears. Sure, as far as anyone knows, there's no artifact that has that effect, and if we're careful, there may never be. Doesn't hurt to actually, you know, make a proper contingency plan if you're formalising something anyway, rather than have hell let loose from a blindspot in the future and have no way of stuffing it back.

• You just change your trigger, I don't think that's all hell.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Hey, maybe I'm making a mountain out of a molehill. I thought it'd be a good suggestion to give, is all.

• If I slap the "shofa" tag onto a nekai, could I use it with Shofangi skills?

If I slap the "shofa" tag onto a two-handed weapon, could I use it with Shofangi skills?

*dreams of the shapeshifter weapon*

• Holy shit. It's a Thul. WB.

• FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    Eldanien isn't simply asking for a name change. He is asking for the actual use lines of artifacts/items to change, which does have much more far-reaching consequences than a simple item description customisation.
  • Huh.  Swordchucks.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    So, bards can have harps and dulcimers now. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Baliset! 

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)