/           \       /   \       /

[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]

/       \   \   /   /       \

[ ]         [ ]-[ ]-[ ]         [ ]

\     |           |   |   |           |

[ ] [ ]         [ ]  [ ]  [ ]         [ ]

/       \       /    |     \       /

[ ]-[ ]    [+]     [ ]-[ ]

The '+' sign shows where the archway is located. So many times Ethereal Serenwilde gets raided, I am sure we can agree on that fact, which is fine. However, because of its layout, it adds to the raiders more than it does the defenders. 9 times out of 10, the raiders either stay next to the archway or they move one room north. Because Ethereal Serenwilde has two rooms that do not fan out from the archway, the layout is in favor of the attackers. Let me give a comparison. Here is Ethereal Glomdoring: 

[+]

|

[ ]

/ | \

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]     [ ]

/ | x     |     x | \   /

[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

/   /   / |   |   | \   \   \

[ ]-[ ]-[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]-[ ]-[ ]

|   |     \ | \ | / | /     |   |

[ ] [ ]     [ ]-[ ]-[ ]     [ ] [ ]

The '+' sign indicates where the archway is. In Ethereal Glomdoring it does not have two rooms that are secluded right next to the archway. Immediately when one goes south, there are multiple avenues of attack and defense. 

Let's look back at Ethereal Serenwilde: 

[ ] [ ]         [ ]  [ ]  [ ]         [ ]

The layout is more bottlenecked in favor for the attackers coming from the archway because the entrance does not fan until one moves 2 rooms north instead of one room north like Ethereal Glomdoring. Thus, raiders have an easier method of egress and attack since they can only get attacked from one avenue of approach. Not until a person near the archway moves two rooms north from the archway does Ethereal Serenwilde fan out.

My proposed solution is this: 

[ ] [ ]         [S]  [2]  [S]         [ ]

The '+' sign indicates where the archway is located in Ethereal Serenwilde. The two 'S' markers indicate a solution. If room '2' next to the archway opens up into the two 'S' rooms, then it will fan out so defenders can have multiple avenues of approach to engage the raiders. It would look like this, the solution: 

[ ] [ ]         [S]-[2]-[S]       [ ]

The solution shows that it would open up the second room next to the archway so the layout is more in keeping to other layouts in other PVP areas. I can provide additional layouts of other PVP areas that do NOT have a bottleneck as bad as Ethereal Serenwilde. Before giving any further solutions to better layout, I am open to feedback and suggestions, thank you. 
Nodding once, a mother's kindness in Her ancient voice, Lisaera, the Hallowed Crone says to you, "And I will watch you well, little one. I admire your courage.”

Silver crystals form in the ethereal haze of the storm glass amulet, twisting and writhing like trapped smoke, until distinct words that only you can read solidify in the cup of the chalice, "Your strength is potent and you are wise, Torgaddon, but remember to use your might to shield the weaker ones of the Serenwilde. They will need people like you to keep them safe. I watch with pride, My child."

Comments

• Being honest here, I think you might be misanalysing the problem. Given the access by both sides to their own archway and defensive routes, 1 vs 2 rooms at the entrance isn't an issue.

There are some severe layout problems with each side, but neither would be mitigated by your suggested change. On the EthGlom side, you have the avatars basically creating kill rooms near the entrance that are easily triggered by any sort of forced movement (e.g. embedded rad), which makes the plane far simpler to defend and far harder to assault. On the EthSeren side, there is the oft-used ability to pathtwist behind your avatars forcing any escape to go through an avatar killroom with little to no recompense other than to bix or teleport out.

Fixing these issues is far simpler and likely far more effective in the end than changing the entire layout of a plane. However, that's probably something envoys can weigh in more on.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ianir said:
    On the EthGlom side, you have the avatars basically creating kill rooms near the entrance that are easily triggered by any sort of forced movement (e.g. embedded rad), which makes the plane far simpler to defend and far harder to assault.

Xenthos points a Fan of Storms at you, and sparks fly out of it.
    A powerful presence disperses the force of the gust.
    The sparks quickly fizzle out as the spell fails.

You're not supposed to be able to force-movement onto Avatars, so that defense option isn't really available.  Raiders are more likely to come further into Ethereal Glomdoring (often just south of the Ravenwood) than they are to move into Ethereal Serenwilde... because Ethereal Serenwilde's Avatars have that chokepoint, as you indicated.  You have to move past them in order to get further in, trying to do that with a group is asking for trouble.  It's better to stay near the entrance.

Ethereal Glomdoring's defense isn't the Avatars, but the fact that the Daughters like to clump near the Avatars... so a good springtrap chain into them can be the end of a raid, if they're all alive.  On the other hand, if they've been pruned recently, it has no real effect whatsoever.
  • ? Ethglom avatars do not create kill rooms near the entrance.

Ethglom Daughters clump up near the entrance naturally more often than Ethwilde Ladies because of the way mob random pathing works (ie. not really random) - over the same amount of time (the longer the period you compare, the more pronounced the difference) Daughters will clump at the entrance far more often than Ladies will. Daughters and Ladies are both icky as hell to fight when you're solo against more than a handful of them, so the easier they clump, the harder a time raiders will have. In that regard, Ethglom has an advantage.

However, that said, Daughters spawn at the very south of the area. It takes them a long time to naturally walk over to the entrance. It's still better than Ladies, but it'll still take weeks for any significant amount of clumping to even start to happen. One or two Daughters are hardly a threat - they're just free gifts for raiders. They are usually killed long before they have had enough time to start clumping in any significant numbers at the Ethglom entrance anyway. Most of the time, they just hang around near the Avatars for a few days, maybe make a few rooms' worth of progress northish over a few days before someone kills them.

On the flip side, it's less risky to kill Daughter than to kill Ladies - if that's the objective of the raid, and assuming they've had abovementioned weeks to walk over to the entrance, of course. The nearer the Daughters are to the entrance, the less deep you have to go to start hitting them, and the nearer you are to the escape room when things go south (or north, as case may be - hurr). And on the other hand, when the objective is to raid for PK rather than to kill Daughters, unless you're raiding for the first time in so long that the Daughters are all clumped at the north, they are usually not even a factor. Daughters creating "kill rooms" at the entrance is... rare. The chances for defenders to make use of it in the way described hardly comes around.

Ethwilde avatars being at junctions in Serenwilde means that they zone off the north part of the area. You literally can't get to the north part of Ethwilde unless you walk past an avatar. Granted, it's easy to do so using trees, but for PK purposes, the area of operations, the battlefield, is definitely more limited. Like Shedrin says, of course, fights rarely go more than a handful of rooms past the archway, anyway, due to the way combat works. The tug-of-war of area control is advantageous to defenders because of a variety of tools, like the inability of raiders to meld and the usage of discretionary powers - this applies equally to both sides. In that sense, Serenwilde's avatar-positions are just as much of a moot point as Glomdoring's avatar-positions, beyond the occasional giggles when someone makes a mistake and walks into an avatar by mistake. Afterall, pathtwist is not difficult to counter... at least, for now. With report 1591, that's going to go away, so Serenwilde avatar-positions are going to start becoming more of an issue in the future. 

I think the extra room that Ethwilde has does make a difference for raiding difficulty. In particular, it has an effect on the amount of safe, fortifying rooms a raiding party has. Ethwilde is easier to raid than Ethglom because raiders can sit in that neutral room that is always breakable (assuming they can get past the archway room - if they can't that's a failed raid already, anyway). Raiders in ethglom don't have that choice - the room directly south of the archway is unbreakable. They are forced to sit at the archway - easier escapes, sure, but also means that defenders can rush straight into their room with the orgbix. Serenwilde defenders don't have that choice - when they use their orgbix, they move into a room with potential spring traps and walls, and where the raiders can rad and yank and beckon. Glom defenders don't have to worry about that. They just jump straight into the enemy room via the orgbix.

That's actually a pretty significant advantage, though it's only really seen when the defending side has a melder. Without a defending melder forcing ethglom raiders to stand at the archway, that extra room makes no difference.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited May 2017
    Ianir said:
    Being honest here, I think you might be misanalysing the problem. Given the access by both sides to their own archway and defensive routes, 1 vs 2 rooms at the entrance isn't an issue.

There are some severe layout problems with each side, but neither would be mitigated by your suggested change. On the EthGlom side, you have the avatars basically creating kill rooms near the entrance that are easily triggered by any sort of forced movement (e.g. embedded rad), which makes the plane far simpler to defend and far harder to assault. On the EthSeren side, there is the oft-used ability to pathtwist behind your avatars forcing any escape to go through an avatar killroom with little to no recompense other than to bix or teleport out.

Fixing these issues is far simpler and likely far more effective in the end than changing the entire layout of a plane. However, that's probably something envoys can weigh in more on.
    The pathtwist thing will be trueish, but is not currently :p

EthGlom Avatars create kill rooms (well, A Kill Room) near the entrance to the avatar area, that isn't protected by  smob protection, and must be traveled through to get to either the avatars themselves or the much more likely target of the crow aspects. Bonus points for brume to prevent flying or climbing over the killbox, and distort to stop burrow. 
  • Ianir said:
    Being honest here, I think you might be misanalysing the problem. Given the access by both sides to their own archway and defensive routes, 1 vs 2 rooms at the entrance isn't an issue.

You cant force people onto the avatars as far as I was aware.

Also you can bypass the avatars on etherseren in the trees or in the air.  Sure someone can geyser you into them if your unlucky but well that'd require them really focusing on doing that at the cost of everything else.

I'm not really sure its that big a deal either way.

Like Seren can create an unbreakable meld between two avatars and their nexus which covers both exits of their nexus. Glomdoring can create an unbreakable meld that covers one of its nexus exits. (Everyone seems to forget that glom actually does have two nexus exists though, think everyones used to a 2d map)

The seren archway is closer to the nexus so its easier to retreat to guards as well I guess but their portal to the aspects is easier to reach for raiders but well either way its not hard getting into either aspect nest.

Overall its more just a case of there isnt really anywhere else to fight or have fun hopefully the conflict report will solve that and give us more places to play with or something like that.
    edited May 2017
    There's also no fail condition for these raids (or any raids really), so they just kinda grind on until they peter out when sufficient numbers of raiders get bored... and sometimes not even then. 

EDIT: So yeah, this is kind of a problem, but it's not a bad one or a first order one. 
  • Just need more events happening more often is my general view.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    So what I'm getting from this is that the Moon Avatars just need to be moved to rooms to the far north part of EtherWilde.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited May 2017
    Or, just unwritten agreement to stop fighting in Ethseren/Faethorn/Ethglom *as much as we do currently, really. Shedrin's post really hit home for me, anyway. Also, nerf ripple to facilitate cosmic as a better battleground.

EDIT: as far as org territories go, I actually like Celestia the best for fighting =x

• edited May 2017
    People stay at the archway because it's the only exit, and they would still stay there no matter how you laid out the area. Fortress meta does not really change based on "multiple avenues of attack" or "bottleneck." I think those terms imply real life things like flanking, surrounding, and cutting off escape routes that really don't exist in Lusternian combat. Group combat comes in two forms. Fortress standoff and clusterf*ck in the same room. Especially in places where the attacker cannot meld like etherseren. They could pull off the same exact thing in a multi entrance room, so long as the archway is there. 

I don't think defenders rush from Glom's orgbix ever, at least not that I've seen. There's a few reasons for this, largely being that raiders usually have the numbers advantage on purpose and rushing plays into their hand. So sure, that disparity may exist, but in actual application, I don't think it comes into play. I think this disparity would have an actual impact if the raiders could meld. Since they can't, it's meh.

I don't think there's an actual problem here. I can see why you might think multi exit rooms are easier to for defenders to deal with, but in reality there's not a significant difference. I think there's a slight benefit for the attacked in reorganizing if split up, but that's pretty marginal IMHO.

People fight on Ethereal because ripple/flux/distort are fun ruiners. Liveforest is obnoxious but not as bad as constant stuns and forced movement you can't resist. I imagine you'd see more variety in raids if 

1) Cosmic/elemental planes didn't require whistles and ships to raid (distort shutting down rift access).

2) Elemental discretionary wasn't totally ridiculous to deal with. Literally impossible even for high tier combatants to reasonably coordinate.

3) Cosmic discretionaries are easier to stay grouped in but the stun frequency is bonkers. 

4) Maybe it's just me but the constant spam from dictionaries gives me anxiety. As long as I've played, reading the matrix was second nature, but it still stresses me out if I have to do it for a prolonged period. Discretionary spam is so heavy (to me) that I physically enjoy raiding less after a few minutes of unrelenting spam. 

Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    maybe it's just me, but I think one of the main difference between cosmic and ethereal is that you can escape the raiding territory instantly through the special exits and they make it hard to chase you, wheras ethereal has gates that can be distorted to keep you stuck. Whether the gates are a good thing is another option, but I feel it makes further pro ethereal raids instead of others.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Xenthos said:
    Fyler said:

4) Maybe it's just me but the constant spam from dictionaries gives me anxiety.

<3
    Words are hard.
    There's 1 single objective to achieve on elemental planes. It's to kill our cardboard-level elemental lords. Why is flux so powerful to defend so little =S

• Well sometimes the motivation is to make them dump power on discretionaries if they don't have the construct. It's petty, but I'm not above it. 
    Oh, yeah. I've done that before.

• Aeldra said:
    maybe it's just me, but I think one of the main difference between cosmic and ethereal is that you can escape the raiding territory instantly through the special exits and they make it hard to chase you, wheras ethereal has gates that can be distorted to keep you stuck. Whether the gates are a good thing is another option, but I feel it makes further pro ethereal raids instead of others.

Thats one part of it. Plus elemental defenses are freakin insane. There is 0 chance of keeping a group together when you get thrown about randomly every few seconds.

Ethereal gets raided the most because its the easiest to get to, doesnt require a cubix/ship and its got discretionaries that dont make it impossible to keep a group together.

Also Cont and Vortex you physically cant reach without a cubix or a ship.

I don't think you can even travel to Continuum or Vortex via aetherspace still. Is that still the case?

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Veyils said:
    Aeldra said:

Thats one part of it. Plus elemental defenses are freakin insane. There is 0 chance of keeping a group together when you get thrown about randomly every few seconds.

Ethereal gets raided the most because its the easiest to get to, doesnt require a cubix/ship and its got discretionaries that dont make it impossible to keep a group together.

That's a good point. Why isn't there a permanent rift on Fire and Air? 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Very true. Water and Earth both have them (and at locations a very short distance from the elemental lords)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
    edited May 2017
    Fyler said:
    Well sometimes the motivation is to make them dump power on discretionaries if they don't have the construct. It's petty, but I'm not above it. 
    That said, even if (say) Serenwilde doesn't have free discretionaries, we have enough of a conquest pool to cover full discretionaries for... a very long time. In effect there is no power cost. 

EDIT: Presumably Glom has somewhat less. 
  • Powers kinda a moot point in the game if your talking about powers and general use. Even without any villages/bubles/domoths you can still have a sizeable amount of guards and basically break even power wise.

Like gloms got the smallest active population in the game from the activity logs so not as many folks bringing in power directly via coning/quests etc, not as many folks drawing either but well its netting about 6-7k power a day and even with 0 villages/domoths/etc it still sits at a positive 1ishk or so.
  • MoiMoi
    edited June 2017
    @Torgaddon's maps hurt my soul. Here's what we have now:
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[@]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ] [ ] [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp; | \&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [+] [A] [ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 
    and here's what Torgaddon wants Etherseren to look like:
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [X]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[X]-[ ]-[@]-[ ]-[X]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[M]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp; | \&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [+] [A] [ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 
    and here's current EtherGlom for reference
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [+]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ] [A]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; / | x&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; / | x&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; x&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp; / |&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp; | \&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[ ]-[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]-[ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; \ | \ | / | /&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ] [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ] [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [@]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [M]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[^]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [_]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp; / | \&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [X]-[ ] [X] [ ]-[X]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 
  • MoiMoi
    edited June 2017
    (doubleposting as to avoid breaking the code tags)

The major difference from this change would be to make the room north of the archway more of a defensive hardpoint for Serenwilde's melders. Instead of having two rooms that the attackers can easily break, there's just the one directly at the archway. Normally that wouldn't matter any, but that room happens to contain the entrance to the Hart monolith. Which raiders seem to love to group up in, kill the Hart avatars and use as their main base of operations. Whereas Glomdoring's avatar area is down by the Ravenwood, half way through the plane.

E: If I had my way with EtherSeren, I'd do it something like this:
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [M]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [X]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [X]-[ ]-[ ]-[@]-[ ]-[ ]-[X]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ] [ ] [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; \&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |&nbsp;&nbsp; | \&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; /&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [+] [A] [ ]-[ ]&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 
    Avatars on the Xs, Monolith entrance at the M.

• Arguably, the biggest actual difference is the distance to the entrace to the aspect region. 
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • edited June 2017
    Yea the big differences are the aspect entry, distance from the arch to the nexus and the avatars. Ether Seren is a much more cramped arena than etherglom.

Raiders don't group on the aspect entry because its the entry. They do it because the fighting area is too close to the nexus and the monolith is just kind of the sweet spot to fight.

If you fight on the archway your bottled in and can't tumble out easily. Well you can but you tumble into meld/pits/tower etc. Combat pretty much favours having a nice clean escape route to get out of kills and stuff, even if its just one room. Makes a big difference. Also you need somewhere to gust enemy tumblers.

If you fight by the nexus, first its too easy for enemies to tumble out and not die, secondly because the two exits are on either side it means the raiders can't kill box the escape route, the defenders can just leave the other way and meld up there. Gloms map has a little issue to favour raiders in that raiders once they are in and set up have a kill box room that you can't get out of without going through. Both of gloms exits run through the same room.

If you fight on the monolith then its at least three tumbles for an escaping defender to get away. If you fight basically anywhere else other that out in the far wings its just two tumbles and well two tumbles is somewhat easy to get off.

It seems like a lot of work for a minor thing but if your looking to shift the seren stuff around I'd be keen to see the avatars pushed back up into the far north so that they don't lock off half the area. The shift it so that the avatars and the nexus are not so spread to cover the area so well. Make it so theres more open area to fight in.

EDIT: By open area I mean like more places where its at least 5-7 rooms away from a safe area. Serens really well built for defenders to run to a safe spot with minimal tumbles.

• Shaddus said:
    Veyils said:
    Aeldra said:

That's a good point. Why isn't there a permanent rift on Fire and Air? 

I'd like to see one for both of them yea.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Ethereal Serenwilde is mostly limited due to the fact the Avatars press up so high, and hold all the chokepoints. There's very little reason to push past the opening area, the monolith being right at the front is a byproduct of that.

If the Avatars got pegged back, the monolith could be relocated from the entrance and Etherseren would be far more open to fight in.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Rather than adjusting ethereal seren or glom, I feel like making tweaks to elemental and cosmic would be a more useful effort towards game balance. Give raiders something more worthwhile to harass on elemental, or maybe just let the faethorn gates allow you to jump straight up to cosmic.