Can You Play Lusty At Work?

edited October 2017 in The Real World

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Are you asking if it is technically feasible (for which the answer for me is yes) or if we actually do (for which the answer is no)?  Mostly I just check the forums every now and then.
  • Xenthos said:
    Are you asking if it is technically feasible (for which the answer for me is yes) or if we actually do (for which the answer is no)?  Mostly I just check the forums every now and then.
    Great question. I wasn't sure whether to go with cando, or should. I think technical feasibility is the yardstick :)
  • When I'm at work there's no computers or time for it. I dunno about the 'real job' thing, though.
  • I can during break- Not while I am sat in front of my work computer screen /irony >:)
    Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • edited June 2017
    I can check forums, but I work in a circle with a bunch of people and they can all see the screen soooo...

edit: I object to the wording as I have a real job and it involves sitting in front of screens. I work for a bank!
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Funny enough, part of the reason I rarely play now is that I have a real job that involves staring at a screen and numbers all day as opposed to my previous job of talking all day.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    90% of the time if I'm logged into Lusternia, it's either at work or 2am my time.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I wish i could. But my work involves a lot of moving around. No sitting behind a desk. Even if i had a computer with me, my connection would be sporadic at best.
  • I'm with Xenthos. There's nothing mechanically stopping me but I value my job security a bit much.
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • There are any number of real jobs that involve screens, I take offense at the first option
  • Every minute I spend on non-work activities is another minute added to my 12 to 18 hour shift.

No thanks.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I'm with Xenthos and Laysus. I could do log in during office hours, but I don't.

Now, if for some reason I'm at the office in the evening or night because something went wrong/needed to be finished, then sure, I'll bring my laptop along and be logged in while I take of whatever it is. But that's outside of office hours.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I just check forums from my phone on break, have once or twice actually logged in. Also just tried logging in on the break room laptop and nope, firewall.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Selenity said:
    Everiine said:
    I'm with Xenthos and Laysus. I could do log in during office hours, but I don't.

Now, if for some reason I'm at the office in the evening or night because something went wrong/needed to be finished, then sure, I'll bring my laptop along and be logged in while I take of whatever it is. But that's outside of office hours.
    Not going to lie, giggling at the idea of you setting down your laptop on the altar, telling your congregation "hold on, there's a significant event going on with the centaur, we'll resume in a moment."
    Office hours! Office hours!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I'm package handler, and even phone is not allowed in (except for admins and manager or up. whatever)
  • Technically, I can and sometimes do it since I don't have to be physically present and as long as the stuff gets done, nobody complains. Though I am still doing my best to resist the temptation and try to separate work from playing. If I fail to meet my quota during the day, I make up for it at night. And when I am in (which I prefer because I like the working atmosphere) it's quite hard to tell what I'm doing from a distance since most of us use dark environments and my Mudlet looks just like my PyCharm setup. If somebody came closer, I'd proably have to tell them that I'm researching the language structure of a city called Hallifax...or something like that. Tbh, text games would be like Christmas for NLP researchers.
  • I, also, have a real job that involves looking at screens all day. Frick sake, people... Lighten up a little and try not to take yourselves quite so seriously... 
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Pretend it's your grandpa asking you the question, and not someone who plays a mud.

As for me, I absolutely can. I don't, however, since how much work I get done = how much I get paid.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I don't know how to answer this, haha. Sometimes I log in during office hours when no student comes by. Otherwise, nah. My computer is on a projector.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I work in insurance, so between HIPAA, a Citrix desktop, and a general disinclination to explain to my coworkers what it is I'm doing every five minutes...
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."