More Livestreams/Q&As: Your thoughts?

edited October 2017 in Common Grounds
Hi everybody,

So, now that IRE is moving us to Twitch (starting with last night's Imperian livestream), it's possible for us to do these without all of us being in the same location, and therefore more often than once every few years. So, I'm hoping to get your opinions on what you all might want to see from us and how often you all might want to see it.

Development updates, lore Q&As, general Q&As; what are you interested in? How often do you want them?

A few of us are more than interested in the idea up here, so let us know what you all want.
Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'd love to watch, and wouldn't mind seeing one at least once a month or more. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Portius said:
    Lore Q&A appeals to me, especially about those things like the Nature Wars that get obscure references but not much focus. It'd also be neat to see you guys go through developing a quest or an area on camera, to see how it works.
    While I think that would be interesting (the quest/area thing), I'm not too sure about feasibility considering a lot of it is just writing, building, and progging in a process that often takes weeks. However, Jeremy actually mentioned maybe going through some prog in a technical sense on the livestream, and while I'd have to ask Estarra and the IRE higher ups, I'm not personally opposed to doing an inside peek for our OLC and discussing how prog works from a basic standpoint, so I'll forward that to the higher ups and see if this is something we can do.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • All of the above

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • I agree with Shedrin, I think pure Q&A may not be the right format. That said, I would love to see a regular stream! 

I would love to hear more about upcoming projects and releases (even if somewhat vague on details and dates) as well as maybe hints at upcoming promotions (not sure how long you have that in advance). For example, I am one of many people patiently biding my time for Hallimonks. Which are Soon(tm). Soon 30 days vs Soon October? Knowing that would increase my enjoyment of the game, and my investment. "We have a new area we hope to release by the end of the month, it is related to (x) theme." "Start saving up your wondercrystals, we have a new wonderitem coming in the next 2 months!" I get that giving commitments is dangerous if you cannot meet them, but if you can find a balance... :)

I also LOVED the God Blog post after the faction event, and while I realize that was a Big Thing that is unlikely to be repeated in scope (anytime soon, at least), the insight into the God's minds was really cool to see. I would love to hear bits of 'what went right and wrong,' or 'I did not expect this to happen,' or 'the Garden was ROFL when...' stories.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I just want to see Jade and Hatrack 1v1 in Klangratch.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • It'd be cool to have commentary during some events as well.

The delay on twitch streams make it a bit awkward, but it'd be cool to commentate arena fights too.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Shedrin said:
    It'd be cool to have commentary during some events as well.

The delay on twitch streams make it a bit awkward, but it'd be cool to commentate arena fights too.
    Especially if these were sanctioned tourneys or something similar, a thing to look forward to fairly regularly for PKers to compete and watch. They could even, theoretically, bring in guest commentators like Ixion, Shuyin, Kaimanahi, etc. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I very much enjoyed the last livestream.  I'll second the idea that it's probably better if you guys choose what you want to talk about, then after that session, take some questions.  Otherwise it would probably be a little too chaotic.  It's also interesting to hear what the admin are interested in talking about.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Yes, please, another livestream with viewer participation! It was lots of fun.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Would cast fights, 10/10. @Ixion could join maybe. :>

I think it's nice to hear personal God stories over fond memories and Havens banter, or like insight into the processes of being an admin (how you develop storylines, quests, areas, your inspirations, etc.). Also maybe like things that were in the original design/vision for Lusternia but didn't make it into the game.
  • I really like let's plays and reacts so I would love to see (after an event) the admin upload a stream of them walking through the event and laughing as the mortals flounder about trying to move things along in a way senpai approve
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Drocilla said:
    You don't want to hear the commentary, it's usually either us laughing our asses off or going OMG THIS IS SO SIMPLE, PLZ GET IT, PLZZZZZZZZZ! I HAVE TO GO TO BED! NO, DON'T GO ASK X ABOUT THIS, JUST GO DO ITTTT!
    That's exactly why we want to see it.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited June 2017
    Anyone else laugh their rears off looking at the robes Ianir kept trying to steal from people? I believe there was one with "seriously hairy dwarf nipples"

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited July 2017
    I don't know how this comment got here.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."