QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• I pronounce it with a soft j. So Yanir, or something like that.
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • Hello tarot cards....

• Yasei said:
    Hello tarot cards....

Keeping them in the tarot rift would prevent that...
  • Yasei said:
    Hello tarot cards....

Seems like more of a goodbye to me
  • She is a compound-eyed royal kephera icy demigoddess hive queen changeling.
  • So no one pronounces it Eye Uh Near?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Kagato sent message #5902 at 06/08 00:19: //In all seriousness, you guys MIGHT want to ease up, especially on the perpetual cay-tainting. I'm pretty much the ONLY person that seems to give a damn about the cay anymore and I'm pretty much burnt out. You won't get ANY more strongarms raised if you don't have anyone willing to do the counterquest. I even tried BRIBING people to do the counterquest and got no bites."

You haven't even seen my final form, arkarkark!

• Tylwyth said:
    So no one pronounces it Eye Uh Near?
    I do
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Thalkros said:
    Kagato sent message #5902 at 06/08 00:19: //In all seriousness, you guys MIGHT want to ease up, especially on the perpetual cay-tainting. I'm pretty much the ONLY person that seems to give a damn about the cay anymore and I'm pretty much burnt out. You won't get ANY more strongarms raised if you don't have anyone willing to do the counterquest. I even tried BRIBING people to do the counterquest and got no bites."

Message him back and ask him to add more caps for emphasis. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Tylwyth said:

I will just say that all pronunciations are valid. Ianir transcends reality, it's not unreasonable for his name to transcend pronunciation rules. (I actually switch pronunciation constantly- /aɪ eː nɪɹ/, /ja nɪɹ/, /aɪ eː naɪɹ/, /iː eː nɪɹ/, /t̶̝̺͈̮̜̭̯̫̗̲̟̹̰͇̰͘͟ò̧̗̱͖̤͍̣ʊ̶̨̧̻̝̘̼̬͖̣̲̬̘n̶̲͙̝͚̬̥̗͙̱̳͖͢͝ḭ̶͚̱͉͎͇̰̀ ̢͔̜̳̟̜̠̣̝̖̜͙͉̖̕ð͜҉̸̴̘̠̟̙̯̘̬i̸̵̴̥͖̤͎̕ͅͅ ̶̵҉̰͓͙̣͓̳̺̱̺͉̝̦ˈ̴̘̠̜̭̦̬̰͈̙̥̲̮̻͓̻͝p̴̵̧̛̹̙̳̹̲͓̣̙̪͟ͅo̮͈̞͖̩͎̯̣̼̲̘̥͜ͅʊ̨̛̤̭̬̯͖̪n̨̢̝͖̺̠̻͙̺͔̞͓̹̤̘̯͡ͅi̶̶҉̲̳̦̗̼͚͕̠̣̫̥̯̭́/)
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Ianir said:
    Tylwyth said:

I will just say that all pronunciations are valid. Ianir transcends reality, it's not unreasonable for his name to transcend pronunciation rules. (I actually switch pronunciation constantly- /aɪ eː nɪɹ/, /ja nɪɹ/, /aɪ eː naɪɹ/, /iː eː nɪɹ/, /t̶̝̺͈̮̜̭̯̫̗̲̟̹̰͇̰͘͟ò̧̗̱͖̤͍̣ʊ̶̨̧̻̝̘̼̬͖̣̲̬̘n̶̲͙̝͚̬̥̗͙̱̳͖͢͝ḭ̶͚̱͉͎͇̰̀ ̢͔̜̳̟̜̠̣̝̖̜͙͉̖̕ð͜҉̸̴̘̠̟̙̯̘̬i̸̵̴̥͖̤͎̕ͅͅ ̶̵҉̰͓͙̣͓̳̺̱̺͉̝̦ˈ̴̘̠̜̭̦̬̰͈̙̥̲̮̻͓̻͝p̴̵̧̛̹̙̳̹̲͓̣̙̪͟ͅo̮͈̞͖̩͎̯̣̼̲̘̥͜ͅʊ̨̛̤̭̬̯͖̪n̨̢̝͖̺̠̻͙̺͔̞͓̹̤̘̯͡ͅi̶̶҉̲̳̦̗̼͚͕̠̣̫̥̯̭́/)
    Can I call you Juan then?

(the -ir is silent)

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited June 2017
    Thalkros said:
    Kagato sent message #5902 at 06/08 00:19: //In all seriousness, you guys MIGHT want to ease up, especially on the perpetual cay-tainting. I'm pretty much the ONLY person that seems to give a damn about the cay anymore and I'm pretty much burnt out. You won't get ANY more strongarms raised if you don't have anyone willing to do the counterquest. I even tried BRIBING people to do the counterquest and got no bites."

Sadly, the cay quests main problem is not that people are trying to do it nor that it can be griefed. The main problem, imo is, that it's a two hour time investment ( on celest's side at least) with you having no chance to actually pk the people who trying to stop you. Make cay a pk zone and we can talk :)

edit: just to clarify, am not saying it's a good idea to make it a pk zone, but for me, as it is right now, it's not in a place where it's any way fun for me. If I have a whim I'll do it, but otherwise? 
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Ianir said:
    Tylwyth said:

I'd pronounce that /ˈɪanɪr/.
  • ummm....how 'bout we nickname you Ian instead @Ianir
  • edited June 2017
    I call 'im 'ear near'.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Ee-an-ear.

• Here's one: ion -  ire

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Ee-ah-near

• Not-Ieptix

/don't zap me!
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Aeldra said:
    Thalkros said:

Sadly, the cay quests main problem is not that people are trying to do it nor that it can be griefed. The main problem, imo is, that it's a two hour time investment ( on celest's side at least) with you having no chance to actually pk the people who trying to stop you. Make cay a pk zone and we can talk :)

edit: just to clarify, am not saying it's a good idea to make it a pk zone, but for me, as it is right now, it's not in a place where it's any way fun for me. If I have a whim I'll do it, but otherwise? 

Without being hindered I can do Cay in roughly 15-20 minutes if I'm firing on all cylinders. Does celest need 50 or 25 spheres to charge the Talisman? I forget but the spheres are stupid easy to influence so the time frame couldn't be much more than maye an extra 15 minutes or so. Not sure where you are getting 2 hours from as the quest mirrors almost exactly to both sides outside of bashing 50 starfish/influencing however man spheres.
  • Ordassa said:
    ummm....how 'bout we nickname you Ian instead @Ianir
    I guess that's where my pronunciation comes from. I parse it mentally as "Ian-er"
  • Just found this funny:

sm insert !<br>You modify your stratagem.<br>You execute your stratagem.<br>You are not yet knowledgeable enough to perform strategemception.<br>

• Danquik said:
    TBF I told my 3 year old I was talking to Ianir and his response was shock and horror as he said "Daddy, don't talk to your wiener!"
    Oh to be a fly on that wall for that conversation.
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Falaeron reaches into the Cherry Cornucopia of Fragrant Roses, rooting about with his hand. Amid a rainbow shower of sparkles, he removes a handful of 500 aethergoop triumphantly.

Yarith reaches into Maendwen's Platinum Cornucopia of Dreadful Luck, rooting about with his hand. Amid a rainbow shower of sparkles, he removes a gleaming crystal of wonder triumphantly.

You reach into Barona's Brass Cornucopia of Tremendous Delights, searching for something special. Your hand closes around something distinctly inedible, and amid a rainbow shower of sparkles you remove a gleaming crystal of wonder trimphantly.

Aramel reaches into the Moonhart Cornucopia of Enchanting Bluebells, rooting about with her hand. Amid a rainbow shower of sparkles, she removes a gleaming crystal of wonder triumphantly.

Sry Fal.

• He didn't say our grace D:
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • I got goop too :(
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.