Very Vanilla Mafia - The Game Thread [Town Victory]

Comments

• Might help vivet if votes and unvotes were either standalone or in caps, or both. Would also help avoid tninjalynching
  • I'll be around starting tomorrow. Daddy is flying home and tired.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Convenient :P
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I mean tomorrow is the day that bitch who griefed us said she'd be back. (Hope Pride was fun for you! <3)

As for @Weiwae's argument about 'based on my own role', I'd like to remind you of this little snippet of info here:
    Vivet said:
    15. Not all roles are created equal. Some of you are liable to have a bad time - chin up and keep trying. Chances are you'll still have some chance to affect the outcome of the game even if things turn south.
    I'm not going to argue for lynching Tarkenton because I find it VERY unlikely that he is scum based on the general meta of our mafia games, but Vivet is a rare game-master, so I could be wrong.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I do wonder at how much faster the Kistan train took off vs Arix. Makes me curious how they'll flip.

I also can't tell if Tark is a good witch or bad witch yet haha, that power is great if Tark is Town and terrible if Tark is mafia. It's an interesting tangle to consider.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    *grins at syl* I assure you, I'm as good witch as they come. Detective is free to detect me, though itd be a waste of a night.
    I am a townie.

For any truth detectors, if any, who ever want a sentence to check.
  • seems like either way the mafia would get a target. Either you as a two-vote townie, or a truth-power user if they call your bluff and you're mafia. Though I guess in the latter case it'd be a tradeoff since you'd be lynched

Oh, I mean more for later down the road. It'd be silly to do it right now.
    Hence "who ever"
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I am a member of GAH.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I think we shouldn't assume there's a lie detector, and if there's a lie detector, they shouldn't out themselves yet. Better to hold onto that and check lies incognito, so people feel safe talking in posts and saying things they shouldn't.

Anyway, Tark is someone we should keep an eye on is all, since if he's anti-town he has a potent ability that could screw us late game.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Does truth checking stuff ever expire? If not I'm happy to pile on the GAH train.

I win with GAH.

Choo choo!
    Dys said:
    Does truth checking stuff ever expire? If not I'm happy to pile on the GAH train.

I win with GAH.

Choo choo!
    I mean, it varies. I played a game as a truth-detector and what I could do in that game was every night I picked a post from the game thread, ran it by the moderator, and if ANY PART WHATSOEVER of that post was a lie, the whole post was considered a lie. But if everything said was true, it was mod-verified to be true.

"Truth checking" doesn't expire so much as it's subjective. Also, sometimes players change alignments, so they'll be Town at the start of the game but an event could trigger them, for example, becoming a third party serial killer. So if they say on Day 1 "I'm Town" that's true, but if they said that post-alignment shift, it's a lie. Last game worked around that by having the lie detector limited to checking posts from the most recent dayphase, to avoid those situations.

AGAIN, lie detectors are not common enough to assume one is in play, so I think this is an unnecessary detour in the dayphase discussion. And they'll pick whatever they want to investigate, if they are in play.
    Daraius said:
  • I win with GAH and its allies.
  • Kalikai said:
    Vote: Kistan

I just wanted to show that my vote was a single vote, and that's been pretty established at this point.

I think it's safe to say we have 4 scum and 1 third party. Third party could be anything from survivor to serial killer and in general wouldn't be a blow to town to lose.

That pushes our chances to roughly 31% of getting a good lynch. 

If there is a big reason why we shouldn't be voting for Kistan other than "I don't believe he is scum" now is the time to say it.
    Kistan hasn't done anything scummy as far as I can tell.

Why are you trying to punish Kistan for pointing out aggressive behaviour of randomly targeting town.  If Tarkenton is to be believed, then the two random people we have selected to randomly lynch were town and gave away their powers, making it easier for scum to target people.  Why focus on Kistan now? What did they do that is more deserving of a lynch than  Tarkenton hoping that nobody would notice his double vote?

• That makes sense, thanks Sylandra.

Kistan is still on 5 and No Lynch on 4, if I'm counting right. As I said, I still don't think he's done anything suspicious as I was thinking on the same lines.

My reasons were:

1) Kistan has been one of the more vocal people in the camp of "let's not lynch anyone today" and I find that reasoning flawed for many reasons, most notably that without lynch trains to examine, we gain almost no information today as a town.

2) Kistan's flawed reasoning for voting Kalikai earlier, which was the impetus of me swapping my vote to Kistan over Arix.

Additionally, on a more subjective note,

3) Tarkenton seems very set on Kistan dying. So I'm curious to see how Kistan flips to see if that sheds any light on Tark's alignment. This line of reasoning is more of a stretch, but it's admittedly something I'm very curious about. Additionally, Lehki has defended Kistan a lot, or taken a few stances that lead me to think Lehki is invested in Kistan doing well. This is all conjecture, but to put it simply: Kistan more than Arix has been a sort of polarizing lynch and people have definite reactions to it. If Kistan flips town or mafia, we learn things. For example, if Kistan flips town, I'd bet you we have a scum on the train. If Kistan flips mafia, we have a few people to examine who defended Kistan. You see where I'm going with this?
    Daraius said:
  • I do but sadly I end up dead
  • Weiwae said:
    Kalikai said:
    Vote: Kistan

I just wanted to show that my vote was a single vote, and that's been pretty established at this point.

I think it's safe to say we have 4 scum and 1 third party. Third party could be anything from survivor to serial killer and in general wouldn't be a blow to town to lose.

That pushes our chances to roughly 31% of getting a good lynch. 

If there is a big reason why we shouldn't be voting for Kistan other than "I don't believe he is scum" now is the time to say it.
    Kistan hasn't done anything scummy as far as I can tell.

Why are you trying to punish Kistan for pointing out aggressive behaviour of randomly targeting town.  If Tarkenton is to be believed, then the two random people we have selected to randomly lynch were town and gave away their powers, making it easier for scum to target people.  Why focus on Kistan now? What did they do that is more deserving of a lynch than  Tarkenton hoping that nobody would notice his double vote?

I've been pretty up front about wanting to lynch, Arix provided evidence that we shouldn't lynch him today and Kistan is as good as any.  I'm not convinced Kistan is scum, but I'm also not convinced that he's not scum.  I know more about Tarkenton's role than I do about Kistan's and I'm not convinced that the double vote power is scummy, so I would rather vote for Kistan.

I've said I could be convinced otherwise, but it's going to take more than the current line of reasoning of 'he just made a bad play, probably not scum.'  Do you @Weiwae have other reasons that we should not lynch him? 
    Heh, I'm set because advocating no lynch isn't a good play. Recall that you voted them first, not me, and you're still on them. Wouldn't that make you just as set on it as I am?
    Besides, realistically, at this point instead of laying down and dying, if someone were empowered town, I imagine they'd be making some sort of argument for it, ie Arix, me.
    Tarkenton said:
    Heh, I'm set because advocating no lynch isn't a good play. Recall that you voted them first, not me, and you're still on them. Wouldn't that make you just as set on it as I am?
    Oh, not necessarily. See exhibit A below:

Tarkenton said:
    Lol, no reason. No, I'm pushing for a lynch because this is the same as day two with the night zero in a regular game. Actions need to start occurring, band wagons will happen, movements to things, etc. For that reason, I'm thinking Kistan needs up on the block. Convince me otherwise. 
    ^You posted that before I ever put a vote on Kistan. I was on #TeamVoteArix at this point in time. You also said shortly after this that you were "leery" of Kistan. You may not have made the first vote, but you were the first person to say that Kistan needed heat, and therefore helped invite that heat.

Now I agree advocating "no lynch" isn't good play, but remember Kistan also wasn't the only one doing so. Lehki did, Othero did, Silvanus did. You didn't vote any of them however, or push on them as hard. So, no, I don't think I'm wrong to acknowledge you've been quite aggressive towards Kistan in particular, because you have. And you didn't announce your double vote until I noticed it, which makes me think you were hoping no one would notice.

I did drop the first vote on Kistan because I thought their reasoning re: Kalikai was bunk, but you joined that train quite swiftly. In contrast, you did not join the Arix train earlier, even though that train had gained traction and you were vocal about wanting a lynch, and vocal too that you thought "non-participation" was a good reason to off Celina (though it wasn't enough to vote Arix in your case prior to his use of purple fog).

It's just intriguing to me and makes me want to see how Kistan flips more, because I'm still trying to figure your motives out. Could be overthinking it, of course. Wouldn't be the first time I went down a rabbithole in mafia.
    Daraius said:
    Kistan was visibly #NoLynch. I was not, and advocating it like she did is what had me jump aboard.

You'll note that Othero is on my suspicious list. I intend to scrutinize Lehki and Silvanus as well, for the same reason, but since everyone already thinks I'm a loose cannon I figured it best to reign in a little bit.

As aggressive as I am on Kistan, especially if I were mafia, that's a dumb play, period dot. I mean, there's showing your hand, and there's just stupidity.

I raised Celina as a possible because the dates seemed convenient was all. Great excuse to not participate at all.

As for me? Yeah, I was going to do my best to keep my double-voteyness hidden as long as possible, hence not saying anything about it until I was pressed. Just like Arix. 'Cause the less that mafia find out about townies, the better. If I'm wrong about Kistan, then it's a bad read on my part, feel free to lynch or kill me after. If I'm right, woohoo, vindication.
    Besides, I didn't jump on Arix due to my double vote. He was close, and could've been sniped. You'll note I jumped on Kistan pretty early.
    And if we're talking about bringing heat, you were the first one who brought up Arix. Who is at worst neutral with his power.  :*
  • Tarkenton said:
    Kistan was visibly #NoLynch. I was not, and advocating it like she did is what had me jump aboard.

You'll note that Othero is on my suspicious list. I intend to scrutinize Lehki and Silvanus as well, for the same reason, but since everyone already thinks I'm a loose cannon I figured it best to reign in a little bit.

As aggressive as I am on Kistan, especially if I were mafia, that's a dumb play, period dot. I mean, there's showing your hand, and there's just stupidity.

I raised Celina as a possible because the dates seemed convenient was all. Great excuse to not participate at all.

As for me? Yeah, I was going to do my best to keep my double-voteyness hidden as long as possible, hence not saying anything about it until I was pressed. Just like Arix. 'Cause the less that mafia find out about townies, the better. If I'm wrong about Kistan, then it's a bad read on my part, feel free to lynch or kill me after. If I'm right, woohoo, vindication.
    Your list seems to be a lot of straw grasping for the sake of doing it. And honestly, being aggressive isn't that bad of an idea as mafia. Start aggressive, direct people to town who are lurking, and then cool off as the game goes on. Makes you look active and like a town leader.
    Tarkenton said:
    Besides, I didn't jump on Arix due to my double vote. He was close, and could've been sniped. You'll note I jumped on Kistan pretty early.
    Hm, point taken. Still interesting to me, but I will acknowledge that the position of the vote could have impacted your decision.

And hey, I'm happy to admit I brought heat onto Arix! I'm not hiding from that at all. I was rather surprised that you equated my aggression towards Kistan with yours when I pointed yours out, so I explained why I felt we had different levels regarding our suspicion there.

I'm analyzing you, not necessarily condemning you. If I want to condemn you, you'll know. :)
    Daraius said:
    It be do what it be do. Got appointments for the rest of the day, so I'll be gone. Feel free to swap the train o'er to me if you want. :)
    Frankly, I'm hard on you because your power is worrisome if you're mafia. You invite suspicion due to being really dangerous if you late-game turn against town. However, for that same reason, you're a good target for mafia to manipulate during the day or to kill at night if you're town, because you can swing trains in a set-up like this.

Tldr: I see no reason to off you today, but I do see a reason to constantly keep your actions in the corner of my eye.
    Daraius said: